Sep 23 - o'reilly: "there was no difference" between Harlem restaurant and others

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #101
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
The realest sh*t ever said by a WHITE MAN in a while.

A quote from the discussion on how rap music is counter productive to us as a society, especially those in the ghetto.

"I think too many of the black kids take it as, "Oh, that's what it means to be authentically black. That's how you make money. That's how you become rich and famous and get on TV and get music videos." And you either get the boys or the girls. The girls think they have to, you know, be half-nekkid and spinning around like they're on meth in order to get any attention. It really corrupts people, and I think it adds, Bill, to some serious sociological problems, like the high out-of-wedlock birth rate because of this hypers3xual imagery that then the kids adapt to some kind of reality. I mean, it's inauthentic. It's not in keeping with great black traditions of struggle and excellence, from Willie Mays to Aretha Franklin, but even in terms of academics, you know, going back to people like Charles Drew or Ben Carson here, the neurosurgeon at [Johns] Hopkins [University]. That stuff, all of a sudden, is pushed aside. That's treated as, "You're a nerd, you're acting white," if you try to be excellent and black"
:applause::applause:

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 09-24-2007 at 03:26 PM..
 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM         #102
macadon83  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's not weird that some people are agreeing with dude, cuz this place is full of idiots and racists, but it's still unsettling.

He's making it known that his view(and probably that of his viewers) of Black people is just a bunch of ignorant, pistol-toting, loud-mouthed animals. Then he says how nice it is to know that not all of us are like that, and we supposed to think that's a fu*king compliment..?

All this idiot did is reconfirm my knowledge that he's a damn biggot, and an idiot, and that anyone who watches his show for anything other than shock value is probably the same type of prick he is.
 09-24-2007, 02:52 PM         #103
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe hopefully hes seeing the error in his ways and will try to change
 09-24-2007, 03:07 PM         #104
khmerraps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PetedaSmete said:
he's surprised that black people actually act civilized.

WORD !! like that sh*t is somehow beyond us and it's our natural inclination to act the fool.

shieet .. we like to have a good time and we may get rowdy but damn. some of us can hold our head. o'rielly has sharpton as his token black "friend"
 09-24-2007, 03:22 PM         #105
havana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sylvia's has been trash since she began marketing her stuff in supermarkets...worse Black folks don't eat there anymore, TOURISTS do! It's been that way since the middle 90's.
 10 years ago '04        #106
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 macadon83 said:
It's not weird that some people are agreeing with dude, cuz this place is full of idiots and racists, but it's still unsettling.

He's making it known that his view(and probably that of his viewers) of Black people is just a bunch of ignorant, pistol-toting, loud-mouthed animals. Then he says how nice it is to know that not all of us are like that, and we supposed to think that's a fu*king compliment..?

All this idiot did is reconfirm my knowledge that he's a damn biggot, and an idiot, and that anyone who watches his show for anything other than shock value is probably the same type of prick he is.
It's not weird that some people will comment on something they didn't even read, this is boxden.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 09-24-2007 at 03:28 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #107
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 RicFlair said:
maybe hopefully hes seeing the error in his ways and will try to change
You obviously didn't read the article also. . Think for yourselves people, instead of letting people think for you. Read the damn article, then give your opinion.
 09-24-2007, 03:31 PM         #108
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you think blacks dont have a fu*ked up image in the media and in this country to "white america" your a fu*king moron.
 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM         #109
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 heveweight said:
Its not really a matter of stopping cursing and talking about violence.....its about representing black people through the media in other ways than the limited subject matter of guns, drugs and ho's.

Of course these things are going on the street but they dont define a race. Its about having a wider variety of subject matters and showing different sides of black culture other than just the negative.

if all young black children listen to is rappers talking about k!lling each other and selling drugs and watching videos of black women shaking their a.sses then thats going to have an effect on how they see things. Just the sameas it will effect how white people view blacks.

Even Will Smith said when he went to Africa there were mesages and symbols about 2pac and Biggie.....they are seen as representing what black america is.....as much as i enjoyed their music these two people do not define african americans they represent part of the hip hop culture.....its an example power of the media dictating the way people see things.

rappers do show different sides..... music has nothing to do with how they view black people....

i might catch a rock video on mtv and see them skatebording or somethin but i dont view all white people as saying awsome or skateboarding jus because of a song or cd.... its just a point of them actually communicating with other races to learn how they really are instead of listening to music for answers......if i sat and watched tv and listened to music for my views on white people i would think all of them were racist.....
 10 years ago '04        #110
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,208 | Props total: 3767 3767
Oddly enough as a black person, I have to agree with several salient points that Bill O'Reilly makes as far as how black people are viewed by some white people, and how images on videos reinforce that image. He also makes good points on some black people view, and take the same images on videos too seriously, and lose touch with reality to some degree (thinking that what they see on videos is real, or the way things should be).

As a hip hop fan though, I can't agree with his sweeping attacks on Luda, or Snoop, so he loses me there.
 10 years ago '04        #111
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 biscuit said:
Oddly enough as a black person, I have to agree with several salient points that Bill O'Reilly makes as far as how black people are viewed by some white people, and how images on videos reinforce that image. He also makes good points on some black people view, and take the same images on videos too seriously, and lose touch with reality to some degree (thinking that what they see on videos is real, or the way things should be).

As a hip hop fan though, I can't agree with his sweeping attacks on Luda, or Snoop, so he loses me there.
I agree with you also. But where Bill Oreilly gains all my respect from is how he speaks on how the music affects different audiences in different ways. Both of these white men see the conflict and irony on how white people buy most of the music for entertainment but it's the people in the ghetto who suffer from it because they live it.

How can these two white men understand this and the rappers themselves seem not to get it, except maybe Master P and a couple others?
 10 years ago '05        #112
heveweight 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 37 37
 VerballyAbusive said:
How can these two white men understand this and the rappers themselves seem not to get it, except maybe Master P and a couple others?
I dont think we can soley hold rappers responsible......the majority of rappers arent educated people...a lot have come from a struggle and dont have a great deal of options in life...they're presented with an opportunity by record labels to earn lots of money for themselves and their families....become world famous celebrities and be able to offer their children the opportunity of a better life.

The problem is really the record companies who pressure artists to release certain songs, make certain videos and talk about certain suject matters.....its those people who make the most money out of hip hop and its those people who promote these negative images of black people.

its cultural manipulation.....its the same as the europeans did when they went to africa and south america....they used christianity to change the values of the natives in order to get them to do what they want and live how they want...making them easier to control.

The values of hip hop which used to be an art form....promoted freedom of expression, indviduality and developing a talent......the main values of rap music now are materialism, violence, criminality and s3x

Last edited by heveweight; 09-24-2007 at 04:28 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #113
slipnslide85 88 heat pts88
space
space
$7,716 | Props total: 5088 5088
 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM         #114
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
It's not weird that some people will comment on something they didn't even read, this is boxden.
and still ill see some more replies about how hes racist
 09-24-2007, 05:18 PM         #115
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you all have yet to prove why he isn't he makes one statement and he is now mother Theresa lol.

i agree some dumb fu*ks aren't going to read the article but i read it and still think the same thing about him.
 09-24-2007, 05:34 PM         #116
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Birdmane said:
you all have yet to prove why he isn't he makes one statement and he is now mother Theresa lol.

i agree some dumb fu*ks aren't going to read the article but i read it and still think the same thing about him.
i obviously was referring to the points made in the article, as are most (who read it )

well he could be a racist, the majority of posters calling him a racist have said so on the basis of this article.
 09-24-2007, 05:35 PM         #117
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and i could never prove he isnt a racist, just as you are unable to prove he is...unless youve got some pics of him in full kkk uniform
 09-24-2007, 05:46 PM         #118
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
You obviously didn't read the article also. . Think for yourselves people, instead of letting people think for you. Read the damn article, then give your opinion.

i read the damn article.
 09-24-2007, 06:10 PM         #119
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
and i could never prove he isnt a racist, just as you are unable to prove he is...unless youve got some pics of him in full kkk uniform
so do only way you can be racist unless you have a kkk uniform so the only way i can hate whites is if i have a black panther suit.

i am judging him by what he said previously he always defends the inexcusable making things blacks do into a racial thing but never ever making things white's do into a racial issue.

taking up for racist police officer telling spike lee it is ok to racial profile blacks but now saying white Americans shouldnt do that.

you tell me what he is then if i said it was ok for cops to shoot white men over 40 times,is it ok for cops to racial profile white men.

if a white man is accused of a crime is it ok for me to bring up the mans race and say maybe this is white culture or blaming rock and roll or country music what would you consider me.
 10 years ago '04        #120
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 RicFlair said:
i read the damn article.
I'm sorry. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but obviously you have a reading comprehension problem.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy