Sep 23 - o'reilly: "there was no difference" between Harlem restaurant and others

most viewed right now
 201
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 161
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 131
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 95
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #81
heveweight 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 37 37
 Dos-effect said:
soryy black Americans should not have to walk on pins and needles because of how whites perpetuate us. If you feel that hiphop is bad then yours opinion but how fu*king dumb can you be to think that hiphop is Black America's voice solely? Yes it derived from urban and majority black neighborhoods but its reach and influence is all over the world. But Bill aint against Jin talking about Asian warfare and gunplay, or Eminem and Isane Clown Posse talking about popping pills and k!lling thier mothers. I have never heard him talk about hiphop outside of black mainstream.....he strictly complains about Blacks and how he feels our race is lost So even though he may talk like he is for black americans......he is really just patting us on the back and saying good little zzzzzzs for not acting like the animals I thought you were. And thats supposed to be accepted. As far as Im concerned he is not speaking for white America....he is still speaking from a right winged conservative position.......and he obviously shows how he feels about us a whole.....if you read between the lines

AND if I hear another one of you bastards talk about black people being racially motivated.Mad at us because we know what the fu*k real racism means.......yall can all go to hell cause when it all comes down to it........White American still has not made any attempt to repair black and white relationships......We are supposed to eat sh*t and take it......and if we have to eat sh*t yall dont give 2 flying fu*ks........just as long we dont eat it in front of yall.........smh......wtf is really good

I wont disagree with you regarding Bill O'rielly not reffereing to hip hop outside the black rappers but to be fair there are very few big named white rappers and we all know O'rielly likes to cause contraversy.....nobodies really interested in what the insane clown posse do.

For once i actually agree with some of the points made in the o'riely dialogue but not his reasoning or how it should be resolved.

The fact remains that racism in america will only stop thruogh white americans. you may not think so but i think a lot of white americans DO see hip hop as black America. particularly the older generation and particularly outside of big cities....A lot of america is still very much segregated....they have very little contact with black people and therefore base their jusdgement on what they see through the media.

i think white america is very ignorant about black culture and I belive that the current state of what hip hop has now become has inhanced the negative view that they have.

10 to 20 years ago i would say that most of that view was unjustafied and a result of the right-wing american press......now i think i have to say that big corporate companies have glorified gun cime, violence, degrading women and materialism within the black community and are not only pushing it onto white america as a form of entertainment...through the subject matters of the music, the music videos, adverts etc......but onto black america as a form of culture.

The values that are potrayed through 95% of rap music now are not the values that uplift....violence,drug dealing, bi*ch3s, ho's etc are all negative.

I dont have a problem with these subjects being discuseed or even glamourised but thre musct be a better balance.....I can probably name 10 positive rappers who achieved some succes commericaly and whose vidoes are shown on constant roataion....i could name about a hundred rappers who rap about the nagative aspects....... if hip hop is going to be the voice of black america then it needs to be one that incorporates all aspects of black life on a larger scale....including more positive apects.

With the current state of hip hop album sales being so low, with the exception of last week, perhaps rappers wont have the expectations and have to produce only this type of music in order for record companies to make a quick buck......perhaps its now down to some rappers to take a responsibility for the music that they put out and the image that thy are portraying.

I dont think blacks should act like 'white americans' like bill O'rielly would like but potray more positive aspects of its own culture through the media.


Last edited by heveweight; 09-24-2007 at 05:47 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #82
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 149 149
 icedout921 said:
Did yall read the whole article?

If you did you'd understand what he was saying. He was saying thats what black potray. The image of cursing and never being civilized cause white people who dont know many blacks only see rappers and sh*t on tv who are not educated and who act ghetto as hell.

I dont like the guy but hes on point here, read the whole interview people.
that point would be valid if the only black people white people saw were rappers you tellin me these people live in a bubble and the only time they see a black face is on Bet 106 n park

if black people based everything we think about white people from watching M.t.v and watching rockstars we'd think every white person went around biting the head off of pigeons and pissing on people and sniffing coke

common fam you cant defend an idiot like that you dont get ya view on black people from rappers you get ya view on black people by interacting with black people rap is entertainment

that's like saying i get my view on white people from watching WWE
 09-24-2007, 09:34 AM         #83
34klub  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is it me or does O'Reilly seem like a closet Klan member. He stereotypes our whole race based on rap stars. I've never been sitting in a restaurant and said mother fu*ker I want more iced tea please. WTF is that all about.

When rock & roll ruled the airwaves in the 80's and 90's we didn't think all white people broke up their own sh*t and screamed for no reason. every race has several genres of music and lifestyles that they choose to follow.

Personally I take offense to the negative a.ss comments Bill says. I refuse to watch his show and give him extra ratings.

Rev. Al should of said mother fu*ker I'll throw my iced tea on you.

On a serious note though why is Bill acting like he just found out blacks can be educated and civilized. He shouldn't forget all the blacks that a.ssisted in building the country and invented alot of essential things that are still relevant to this day.

He thinks he proved a point on how uneducated blacks are when he had Camron on his show but Camron don't represent the entire black community. Why don't he invite Russell, Diddy, Jay, Oprah or any other black person that has made it and is educated on his show. He is able to make these racist remarks about us blacks and saying how uneducated we are by backing his arguments up by booking blacks who can not successfully debate him and argue his points. Maybe that is because no educated black person will give him the satisfaction of even addressing his unsanctioned remarks.

I'm educated and civilized also but fu*k Bill O'Reilly, that closet racist.


Last edited by 34klub; 09-24-2007 at 09:36 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #84
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
like...

...rap music is violent. rappers are pretty much the only musical entertainers who glorify s3x, drugs, and violence in the music (you can say rock bands do, too, but they don't). rappers aren't only talking about the environment they grew up in. most of them are blatantly saying, "i have a gun, i'll k!ll you." listen to 50's sh*t. 'nuff said.

now, getting people like cam'ron to go back and forth with bill isn't going to help the cause. unless the content of the music is changed, i believe any journalist can bash the music itself. the only argument IS the positive things many rappers have done for their communities and other important causes. plus, rap music has created job opportunities for many of those who would normally not have jobs due to a majority of companies not hiring ex-cons 'n sh*t like that.

there is no way to justify all the vulgar rap lyrics. we basically have three choices...

1. pull a chamillionaire and stop cussing in the music, which cham did and his album sh*ts on everybody else's album this year.
2. accept the fact that bill is right as far as rap lyrics go.
3. give proof that rap music, the MUSIC itself paints a positive picture for our youth and other people who listen to it. you can name a handful of people who do make positive music from time-to-time (nas, talib kweli, kanye west, the list goes on...). but for every "i can" there's a "quick to back down". you know? just what i'm thinking...
 09-24-2007, 10:16 AM         #85
Danja2Society  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steveo54 said:
Muthafu*ka i want more iced tea!!!
 10 years ago '07        #86
Jago 1030 heat pts1030
space
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 5437 5437
 illathruz said:
who says "mothafu*ka I want more ice tea" anyways?
 09-24-2007, 10:56 AM         #87
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy Black said:
Man, Bill O' Reilly aint nothin but a racist cracker a.ss bi*ch. I loved it when Cam'ron and Dame Dash sonned this n*gga on his own show. Check the video here:



No they didnt... Cam looked like a complete dumbass set rap back. Funny though everyone says O'reily is racist but here hes sticking up for a Black Principal against an ignorant a.ss rapper.
 09-24-2007, 10:58 AM         #88
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 getGwap said:
that point would be valid if the only black people white people saw were rappers you tellin me these people live in a bubble and the only time they see a black face is on Bet 106 n park

if black people based everything we think about white people from watching M.t.v and watching rockstars we'd think every white person went around biting the head off of pigeons and pissing on people and sniffing coke

common fam you cant defend an idiot like that you dont get ya view on black people from rappers you get ya view on black people by interacting with black people rap is entertainment

that's like saying i get my view on white people from watching WWE
Its true though. Honestly their arent even that many blacks in this country. Some whites have never even seen a black person. And some people are ignornat enough to think that all blacks are the same. Its ignorance but its the way sh*t is.
 09-24-2007, 10:59 AM         #89
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 34klub said:
Is it me or does O'Reilly seem like a closet Klan member. He stereotypes our whole race based on rap stars. I've never been sitting in a restaurant and said mother fu*ker I want more iced tea please. WTF is that all about.

When rock & roll ruled the airwaves in the 80's and 90's we didn't think all white people broke up their own sh*t and screamed for no reason. every race has several genres of music and lifestyles that they choose to follow.

Personally I take offense to the negative a.ss comments Bill says. I refuse to watch his show and give him extra ratings.

Rev. Al should of said mother fu*ker I'll throw my iced tea on you.

On a serious note though why is Bill acting like he just found out blacks can be educated and civilized. He shouldn't forget all the blacks that a.ssisted in building the country and invented alot of essential things that are still relevant to this day.

He thinks he proved a point on how uneducated blacks are when he had Camron on his show but Camron don't represent the entire black community. Why don't he invite Russell, Diddy, Jay, Oprah or any other black person that has made it and is educated on his show. He is able to make these racist remarks about us blacks and saying how uneducated we are by backing his arguments up by booking blacks who can not successfully debate him and argue his points. Maybe that is because no educated black person will give him the satisfaction of even addressing his unsanctioned remarks.

I'm educated and civilized also but fu*k Bill O'Reilly, that closet racist.
True points O'reilly wouldnt bring someone like Talib on to defend hip hop but I still dont think hes racist controversy sells.
 10 years ago '05        #90
Killaaj 
space
avatar space
space
$2,368 | Props total: 64 64
 MeziaaL said:
Yea i was ready to bash this racist a**hole...but when you read the whole article....You realize he wasn't trying to be blantly racist


See what im saying... Thats how they get u... He comes across alot of educated black people and him to still think all blacks act like that is ignorant.. What white people dont say they want Mother f in tea... So blacks the only people who talks loud or have problems? You are taking up for him because u are a fox supporter. And i know because of your other posts and the way u seem to answer questions.. Just like the Uk fox followers... Here they come
 10 years ago '07        #91
Goosie McNeen 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,744 | Props total: 732 732
condescension.
 09-24-2007, 11:35 AM         #92
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hardkore said:
like...

...rap music is violent. rappers are pretty much the only musical entertainers who glorify s3x, drugs, and violence in the music (you can say rock bands do, too, but they don't). rappers aren't only talking about the environment they grew up in. most of them are blatantly saying, "i have a gun, i'll k!ll you." listen to 50's sh*t. 'nuff said.

now, getting people like cam'ron to go back and forth with bill isn't going to help the cause. unless the content of the music is changed, i believe any journalist can bash the music itself. the only argument IS the positive things many rappers have done for their communities and other important causes. plus, rap music has created job opportunities for many of those who would normally not have jobs due to a majority of companies not hiring ex-cons 'n sh*t like that.

there is no way to justify all the vulgar rap lyrics. we basically have three choices...

1. pull a chamillionaire and stop cussing in the music, which cham did and his album sh*ts on everybody else's album this year.
2. accept the fact that bill is right as far as rap lyrics go.
3. give proof that rap music, the MUSIC itself paints a positive picture for our youth and other people who listen to it. you can name a handful of people who do make positive music from time-to-time (nas, talib kweli, kanye west, the list goes on...). but for every "i can" there's a "quick to back down". you know? just what i'm thinking...

why k!ll the messengers(rappers) k!ll the message which is violence on the streets...its bigger things going on in the world other than 50's album like maybe a war in iraq where people are getting k!lled for real and not on wax....i hate when people go omg its the music or movies or its video games wtf.....and sadly if you pick up a "gangster rap" cd what those guys are saying is whats going on...lets just say rappers stop cursing and talking about violence how the hell is that going to change the world



o yea if you stop rappers or any other music you would have to stop all the news networks that show bloody k!llings in the world


Last edited by krzyboilace; 09-24-2007 at 11:37 AM..
 09-24-2007, 12:24 PM         #93
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy Black said:
Man, Bill O' Reilly aint nothin but a racist cracker ass bi*ch. I loved it when Cam'ron and Dame Dash sonned this n*gga on his own show. Check the video here:



fu*kin racist ni g ger

and he raised some decent points there but the terminator one was a bit far fetched, as shooting/robbin some1 is more easily achievable and imaginable than being a cyborg sent from the future, hes right that nothings wrong with 11 yr olds swearin and i dont see many 11 year olds with tats and i think he said something about "dressing inappropriately" LMAO


Last edited by jataylorlfc; 09-24-2007 at 12:27 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #94
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 149 149
 icedout921 said:
Its true though. Honestly their arent even that many blacks in this country. Some whites have never even seen a black person. And some people are ignornat enough to think that all blacks are the same. Its ignorance but its the way sh*t is.
common man you really think theres a white person in this country who have never seen a black person

this isnt 1922 there are black doctors black lawyers black heads of companies ceos businessmen mailmen countless other jobs that black people hold

you mean to tell me they have white people out there that has never ran into a black person in society and only have music videos in wich to Bas their view on an entire race that's hard to believe in 2007
 10 years ago '04        #95
JTwizzy 
space
avatar space
space
$2,052 | Props total: 0 0
 PetedaSmete said:
he's surprised that black people actually act civilized.


sad but probably true.

and im more of a republican than democrat, and im not a fan of mr. o'reilly.
 10 years ago '04        #96
JTwizzy 
space
avatar space
space
$2,052 | Props total: 0 0
 getGwap said:
common man you really think theres a white person in this country who have never seen a black person

this isnt 1922 there are black doctors black lawyers black heads of companies ceos businessmen mailmen countless other jobs that black people hold

you mean to tell me they have white people out there that has never ran into a black person in society and only have music videos in wich to Bas their view on an entire race that's hard to believe in 2007


@ saying theres ppl that have never seen a black person before.
 09-24-2007, 01:35 PM         #97
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In person its true....

My first roomate at college told me he's never seen a black person in person before dude was from some suburb in Iowa.
 09-24-2007, 02:00 PM         #98
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
No they didnt... Cam looked like a complete dumbass set rap back. Funny though everyone says O'reily is racist but here hes sticking up for a Black Principal against an ignorant a.ss rapper.
Yet he stood up for the cops to shot Amadou Bailo Diallo and Micheal Bell.
 10 years ago '05        #99
heveweight 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 37 37
 krzyboilace said:
why k!ll the messengers(rappers) k!ll the message which is violence on the streets...its bigger things going on in the world other than 50's album like maybe a war in iraq where people are getting k!lled for real and not on wax....i hate when people go omg its the music or movies or its video games wtf.....and sadly if you pick up a "gangster rap" cd what those guys are saying is whats going on...lets just say rappers stop cursing and talking about violence how the hell is that going to change the world



o yea if you stop rappers or any other music you would have to stop all the news networks that show bloody k!llings in the world

Its not really a matter of stopping cursing and talking about violence.....its about representing black people through the media in other ways than the limited subject matter of guns, drugs and ho's.

Of course these things are going on the street but they dont define a race. Its about having a wider variety of subject matters and showing different sides of black culture other than just the negative.

if all young black children listen to is rappers talking about k!lling each other and selling drugs and watching videos of black women shaking their a.sses then thats going to have an effect on how they see things. Just the sameas it will effect how white people view blacks.

Even Will Smith said when he went to Africa there were mesages and symbols about 2pac and Biggie.....they are seen as representing what black america is.....as much as i enjoyed their music these two people do not define african americans they represent part of the hip hop culture.....its an example power of the media dictating the way people see things.


Last edited by heveweight; 09-24-2007 at 02:09 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #100
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
First of all, this thread is misleading. If you take the time to read the article and get the point that Bill Oreilly was trying to make, you will see that he actually speaks some truth.

Whoever quoted this article, "MEDIA MATTERS" is bias and trying to make you hate Bill Orielly by making him out to be a racist and taking his words out of context.

Bill Oreilly is not a racist. As much as you might not agree with his viewpoints, the guy is not racist. Read this article for proof.

I can't agree enough with the points that Orielly makes in this article and many people on Boxden and even Rappers need to read this article!!!!

fu*k Media Matters!!
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy