Sep 22 - Adrianne Curry :“Boycott BET and Black History Month!”

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think of this?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #161
jgamel81 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 0 0
cokehead
 09-23-2007, 02:26 PM         #162
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vman51 said:
and what reparations have the native americans receive?
or the Jews?
or Chinese?
or the Japanese?

Truth be told, every race has underwent oppression in some manner or another..

i don't mind the concept of b.e.t..there are certain channels that speak to different groups of people..fox news for example..

but the concept of black history month..I never got it. Why not just learn it as it goes, just like learning about the history of every other race?

People would take her opinion more seriously if she was black, and that in itself is something thats wrong with society.

Logically speaking, is a month of learning about what went on before, during, and after slavery really considered reparations?

I'd rather see something more positive than that..of course is it important to know the past, but why devote a specific month to it?

the jews got a country
 10 years ago '04        #163
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,354 | Props total: 8454 8454
 RicFlair said:
the jews got a country
plus we help get their country back for them
 10 years ago '04        #164
210eclectic 
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 0 0
 timdog said:
if she was black and said what she did would yall still be mad

b.e.t. should have a weekly episode showing all aspects of black history

but instead we get american gangster,menace to societ,baby boy and all dis otha sh*t

the chick made good points but i guess since she's a model and white she cant speak her mind

the whole school system needs to be changed like the context in the books that you are a.ssigned

ppl always talk about the drug problem snitch on dem mufukas if you want somethin done bout it

fu*k bet tho and fu*k yall who on here frontin

Honestly, no one is watching those boo boo a.ss shows. VIACOM(white owned, who btw owns MTV and VH1 but really is there anything uplifting on those channels as well??) thinks thats how to reach the urban market, by playing these whack a.ss movies and programming. If there is anything to boycott B.E.T. about is there programming

I mean honestly, what the fu*k is she so mad about ? Black History mth?
They only push that on you when you are in school and so on, which is a damn shame but anytime after that no one really celebrates it. I know we didn't at my old job or any other job in matter of fact. Hell when i was in college we only focused on black history for one week and it damn sure wasn't in feb. I learned about black history on my own to tell the truth and I'm mixed. Educate yourself on your OWN HISTORY DONT EXPECT A DAMN TEACHER TO THAT FOR YOU! Half of the sh*t they teach you at school anyway isnt the damn truth..but honestly what is?

ANywho...

Instead of posting a blog if she feels so strongly about her opinions, then she should do something about it. Until then she can just shut the fu*k up, because by next week no one will care what the fu*k she has to say.

Last edited by 210eclectic; 09-23-2007 at 02:37 PM..
 09-23-2007, 02:45 PM         #165
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
lol you got to be kidding me.
hell we built Washington DC
this is getting away from the subject. like dude said above. history book rarely mention black for doing anything.
let me spit some knowledge to you
facts you may not have known.

Lewis Latimer (1848–1928) invented an important part of the light bulb — the carbon filament.

Fast Fact: Latimer worked in the laboratories of both Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell.

Jan Ernst Matzeliger (1852–1889) invented a shoemaking machine that increased shoemaking speed by 900%!

Fast Fact: In 1992, the U.S. made a postage stamp in honor of Matzeliger.

Granville T. Woods(1856–1910) invented a train-to-station communication system.

Fast Fact: Woods left school at age 10 to work and support his family.

George Washington Carver (1860–1943) invented peanut butter and 400 plant products!

Fast Fact: Carver was born a slave. He didn't go to college until he was 30.

Madam C. J. Walker (1867–1919) invented a hair-growing lotion.

Fast Fact: Walker grew up poor. But she became the first female African- American millionaire.

Garrett Morgan (1877–1963) invented the gas mask.

Fast Fact: Morgan also invented the first traffic signal.

Otis Boykin (1920–1982) invented the electronic control devices for guided missiles, IBM computers, and the pacemaker.

Fast Fact: Boykin invented 28 different electronic devices.

Dr. Patricia. E. Bath (1949–) invented a method of eye surgery that has helped many blind people to see.

Fast Fact: Dr. Bath has been nominated to the National Inventors Hall of Fame.

Lonnie G. Johnson (1949–) invented the world-famous watergun, the Supersoaker.

Fast Fact: Johnson's company just came out with a new Nerf ball toy gun.

CRUM, GEORGE

The potato chip was invented in 1853 by George Crum. Crum was a Native American/African American chef at the Moon Lake Lodge resort in Saratoga Springs, New York, USA. French fries were popular at the restaurant and one day a diner complained that the fries were too thick. Although Crum made a thinner batch, the customer was still unsatisfied. Crum finally made fries that were too thin to eat with a fork, hoping to annoy the extremely fussy customer. The customer, surprisingly enough, was happy - and potato chips were invented!

DOWNING, PHILIP B.
The street letter drop mailbox with a hinged door that closed to protect the mail was invented by Philip B. Downing. Downing, an African-American inventor, patented his new device on October 27, 1891 (US Patent # 462,096).

Dr. Charles Richard Drew (1904-1950) was an American medical doctor and surgeon who started the idea of a blood bank and a system for the long-term preservation of blood plasma (he found that plasma kept longer than whole blood). His ideas revolutionized the medical profession and have saved many, many lives.

Garrett Augustus Morgan (March 4, 1877 - August 27, 1963), was an African-American inventor and businessman. He was the first person to patent a traffic signal. He also developed the gas mask (and many other inventions). Morgan used his gas mask (patent No. 1,090,936, 1914) to rescue miners who were trapped underground in a noxious mine. Soon after, Morgan was asked to produce gas masks for the US Army.

JUST TO NAME A FEW
we take time out in Feb to honor our history our heritage and our inventors and hero's.
you wont find what i listed above in regular history books
i bet i could name a few iventions of which the inventors are often wrongly identified, e.g. the plane,the car....

and do u think a white man wouldve got more of a mention if he had created the carbon filament? no becuase it was just a small piece in the bigger picture.

and you just mentioned they made a stamp dedicated to matzeliger...in future read what you copy and paste to make sure it supports your argument
 10 years ago '07        #166
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,469 | Props total: 14953 14953
 210eclectic said:
Honestly, no one is watching those boo boo a.ss shows. VIACOM(white owned, who btw owns MTV and VH1 but really is there anything uplifting on those channels as well??) thinks thats how to reach the urban market, by playing these whack a.ss movies and programming. If there is anything to boycott B.E.T. about is there programming

I mean honestly, what the fu*k is she so mad about ? Black History mth?
They only push that on you when you are in school and so on, which is a damn shame but anytime after that no one really celebrates it. I know we didn't at my old job or any other job in matter of fact. Hell when i was in college we only focused on black history for one week and it damn sure wasn't in feb. I learned about black history on my own to tell the truth and I'm mixed. Educate yourself on your OWN HISTORY DONT EXPECT A DAMN TEACHER TO THAT FOR YOU! Half of the sh*t they teach you at school anyway isnt the damn truth..but honestly what is?

ANywho...

Instead of posting a blog if she feels so strongly about her opinions, then she should do something about it. Until then she can just shut the fu*k up, because by next week no one will care what the fu*k she has to say.
fam im sayin black history should be everyday some billionaire mufu*ka needs to make a station about black,asian,putero rican etc. history culture all da sh*t dat goes along with each individual race history and make da station 24 hrs so ppl can learn

i feel her where she comin from you feel me i think niccas hatin on her cuz she white

fam im mixed to blk/white yeah and in school you barely learn bout black history dats y sh*t need to put in the history books and sh*t
 09-23-2007, 02:50 PM         #167
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Aren't you taught in school the role that blacks played in building America?
i think the biggest problem here is the sh*te schooling
 10 years ago '04        #168
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 jataylorlfc said:
i bet i could name a few iventions of which the inventors are often wrongly identified, e.g. the plane,the car....

and do u think a white man wouldve got more of a mention if he had created the carbon filament? no becuase it was just a small piece in the bigger picture.

and you just mentioned they made a stamp dedicated to matzeliger...in future read what you copy and paste to make sure it supports your argument
i 100% stand by what i say
and like i said above. the average american does not know about the black men above. typical public school history books dont even mention african americans until the 60's. no mention of Marcus Garvey, the Harlem Renaissance, or Malcolm x just to name a few
 09-23-2007, 03:13 PM         #169
realtalk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cocoa Chanelle said:
Blacks in America only get Martin Luther King's holiday and February for celebration. Whites get the other 11 months.
:applause::applause::applause:
 10 years ago '04        #170
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
 vman51 said:
and what reparations have the native americans receive?
or the Jews?
or Chinese?
or the Japanese?

Truth be told, every race has underwent oppression in some manner or another..

i don't mind the concept of b.e.t..there are certain channels that speak to different groups of people..fox news for example..

but the concept of black history month..I never got it. Why not just learn it as it goes, just like learning about the history of every other race?

People would take her opinion more seriously if she was black, and that in itself is something thats wrong with society.

Logically speaking, is a month of learning about what went on before, during, and after slavery really considered reparations?

I'd rather see something more positive than that..of course is it important to know the past, but why devote a specific month to it?
This was very white of you

The Japanese who were put in prison in internment camps during WWII received reparations.
Native Americans...the few that are left, received reparations
Japan...their country was rebuilt
Israel...receives millions of dollars and free weapons every year...the survivors also received money from companies who profited and have been working on a settlement with Germany
China...has received reparations from Israel and also Japan I believe...I know they were working on it

This is why there needs to be a black history month...because so many of you are ignorant and naive as to what goes on in this country and others.
 09-23-2007, 03:19 PM         #171
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
white people dont deal with any racial discrimination... sure a jackass might call you a cracker, but how often does that happen?!?! black people dont walk around thinking of you from a sterotypical point of view{except for the fact that most white people are often very socially retarded in terms of understanding cultures}...white people dont get discriminated on every day

its kinda like mcnabb said, if you made an analogy... black and white people are scrutinized, but we(minorities) get scrutinized {in addition to normal life situations} and racially discriminated on... and white people dont get that...

it was really funny and sad how white people twisted and misconstrued mcnabbs words and turned it into a racist statement..
i get discriminated against very often by other races, mainly chinese and middle eastern, because im white and because of their media/experience built impression of white people of my age, they think im going 2 shoplift,cause trouble whatever, white ppl, particularly in britain are discriminated against all the time. for you to say white people cant be racially discriminated against is hugely ignorant and stupid.
 10 years ago '04        #172
210eclectic 
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 0 0
 timdog said:
fam im sayin black history should be everyday some billionaire mufu*ka needs to make a station about black,asian,putero rican etc. history culture all da sh*t dat goes along with each individual race history and make da station 24 hrs so ppl can learn

i feel her where she comin from you feel me i think niccas hatin on her cuz she white

fam im mixed to blk/white yeah and in school you barely learn bout black history dats y sh*t need to put in the history books and sh*t
i wish that would happen, but we know it wont. Someone would be up in arms because multicultural history channel would be on the station ya know?
I mean we can have a womens network and a mens network but once race is involved ..hell no.

I mean you're right most ppl are hating on her because shes white, but she her opinion came out wrong which left us like
I can see were she is coming from, but her words just leave me thinking this dumb bi*ch.
I guess what k!lled it for me is when i read her comments on her blog and when she said the boys from jena 6 should fry..kinda of rubbed me the wrong way.

I dont agree with what they did, but saying someone should "fry" is a lil harsh.
 10 years ago '04        #173
Mega 
space
space
 jataylorlfc said:
i get discriminated against very often by other races, mainly chinese and middle eastern, because im white and because of their media/experience built impression of white people of my age, they think im going 2 shoplift,cause trouble whatever, white ppl, particularly in britain are discriminated against all the time. for you to say white people cant be racially discriminated against is hugely ignorant and stupid.

Do you ever talk to the black people in Britain to see how they are treated?

You're the majority in your country. Who do you go to for a job? Where do you shop at? Who controls the media in your country?
 09-23-2007, 03:23 PM         #174
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
i 100% stand by what i say
and like i said above. the average american does not know about the black men above. typical public school history books dont even mention african americans until the 60's. no mention of Marcus Garvey, the Harlem Renaissance, or Malcolm x just to name a few
well then your schooling needs to sort its self out simple as. the question isnt of racism it is of poor schooling, not just in the black history department but the entire history department, like the decimation and genocide of the plains indians, americas real role in ww2, the revolutionary war and who made the biggest impact ect. all unknown to ppl in unknown quantity on this forum.
 10 years ago '04        #175
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 jataylorlfc said:
well then your schooling needs to sort its self out simple as. the question isnt of racism it is of poor schooling, not just in the black history department but the entire history department, like the decimation and genocide of the plains indians, americas real role in ww2, the revolutionary war and who made the biggest impact ect. all unknown to ppl in unknown quantity on this forum.
Originally from South Carolina. moved over 20 times because of my parents being in law enforcement therefore i been in many school systems. mostly white predominately white schools in SC, VA, West VA and OH. also went to two HBCU Universities and i have a degree and going for my masters. I only speak from what i know and been through. can you say the same?
 10 years ago '04        #176
Mega 
space
space
 210eclectic said:
i wish that would happen, but we know it wont. Someone would be up in arms because multicultural history channel would be on the station ya know?
I mean we can have a womens network and a mens network but once race is involved ..hell no.
I think I'm going to write Lifetime, ESPN Deportes and MTV today :banghead:
 09-23-2007, 03:31 PM         #177
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mega said:
Do you ever talk to the black people in Britain to see how they are treated?

You're the majority in your country. Who do you go to for a job? Where do you shop at? Who controls the media in your country?
lol @ "the black people in britain" yes there are only 5 of them... no i dont actively seek out other races and ask them how they are treated but from my experience they dont have it any worse than white people,

the majority, white people i think. who do i go to for a job? well my previous boss was black, either that or like most young white males i go on the dole (jk) where do i shop? many shops, some where i encounter racism, many i dont, it usually depends who owns the shop i suppose

and who controlls the media? people who have no appreciation for race, only controll, of the masses indiscriminate.

and have u ever been 2 britain? its completely different in terms of racial issues and divisions.
 09-23-2007, 03:33 PM         #178
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
Originally from South Carolina. moved over 20 times because of my parents being in law enforcement therefore i been in many school systems. mostly white predominately white schools in SC, VA, West VA and OH. also went to two HBCU Universities and i have a degree and going for my masters. I only speak from what i know and been through. can you say the same?
so youve been through the events of countless inventions including ones over 100 years ago. WOW what a life mate.

nice bit of info but whats your point, do you not agree schooling in america is way below what it should be?
 10 years ago '04        #179
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 jataylorlfc said:
so youve been through the events of countless inventions including ones over 100 years ago. WOW what a life mate.

nice bit of info but whats your point, do you not agree schooling in america is way below what it should be?
im done wasting my time with you
your from the UK = nuff said
 10 years ago '04        #180
Mega 
space
space
 jataylorlfc said:
lol @ "the black people in britain" yes there are only 5 of them... no i dont actively seek out other races and ask them how they are treated but from my experience they dont have it any worse than white people,

the majority, white people i think. who do i go to for a job? well my previous boss was black, either that or like most young white males i go on the dole (jk) where do i shop? many shops, some where i encounter racism, many i dont, it usually depends who owns the shop i suppose

and who controlls the media? people who have no appreciation for race, only controll, of the masses indiscriminate.

and have u ever been 2 britain? its completely different in terms of racial issues and divisions.

And I bet the black people in britain have it 100 times worse than you
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy