Sep 22 - Adrianne Curry :“Boycott BET and Black History Month!”

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think of this?

Props Slaps
 09-22-2007, 10:29 PM         #101
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
Why do people always compare jews to blacks..

Judaism=a religion.

Their are plenty of black Jews..

That's because blacks (negroes/African American) are of the Tribe of Judah (which is called Yahudah in the Paleo-Hebrew language)... (Deuteronomy 28-31)... Get ya knowledge up people... Judaism is a RELIGION that the Ashkenazi's from the land of Khazar near Russia started up after they stole the identity of the real Tribe of Judah of the 12 Tribes of Israel... It's in the scriptures that they would do that... (Deuteronomy 28-31 King James Version)
 10 years ago '05        #102
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,469 | Props total: 2489 2489
 King Juels said:
We still slaves, trapped in projects (plantations), higher student loan interest rates, locked out of the national job market in America, force fed drugs, alcohol, pesticides induced fast foods, victims of medical apartheid, stereotyped more than any other race, police brutalized, unserved by justice and fu*ked by the judicial system, degraded, exploited...man the list never stops... Christopher Columbus murdered only 70 million Native Americans (which were originally BLACK) compared to the 300 million Amerikkka murdered during the trans-alantic slaved trade as prophecized in Deuteronomy 28-31.
Well, i wouldn't say "only" ..

It's fu*ked up either way, but people are so blind to this sh*t, mainly because they aren't in any position to speak on it, due to the lack of experience of being that complexion they speak of.

I haven't experienced slavery, nor has my mother or father, but you people are acting like integration wasn't only 50 years ago, and my great grand parents who are still alive were referred to as ni99ers and went to "seperate but unequal" schools. Once upon a time before the 70's, blacks stuck together and didn't have it as great as the whites, but still took care of what they had. But who fu*ked this up? Amerikkka. By purposely planting CRACK and GUNS in pre-dominated black area's. They created these stereotypes we live by. Maybe if our neighborhoods weren't set up for failure, we wouldn't even mention slavery, but since we were purposely put on a slope, worked with cops that BRIBED and THREATENED drugs into our society, we are behind and will always be behind. We would be treated just as equally if we weren't known for k!lling each other, having the most crack heads and alcoholics in our neighbirhood, living in subsidized housing and collecting welfare checks, if that image wasn't forced upon us.

If drugs were dumped in white neighborhoods, the same sh*t would go on, but it doesn't so thats why most live the great american dream. Black who are succesful, had no choice but to bust there fu*king a.sses to keep there NAACP scholarships.....

Look at the bigger picture before saying anything..
 10 years ago '04        #103
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456
im in a teaching mood

White flight

White flight is a term for the demographic trend where working- and middle-class white people move away from increasingly racial-minority inner-city neighborhoods to white suburbs and exurbs.The phenomenon was first named in the United States, but has occurred in other countries as well. Some scholars have noted the impact of red-lining, lending discrimination, and racially restrictive covenants on white flight: these factors denied or increased the cost of services, such as banking and insurance, to residents in minority inner-city neighborhoods.

White flight has taken place in nearly every major American city,[5] especially since the end of World-War II and the ensuing economic and baby booms. A variety of factors during this period allowed for the explosive growth of suburbs and demographic change in cities, including the creation of high-speed highways and suburban parkways, which greatly reduced the travel time between suburbs and downtowns and bypassed some city neighborhoods.

The effects of the phenomenon have been significant, particularly in the cities of Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, Memphis, Miami, Cleveland, Houston, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Newark and New Orleans, all of which lost more than half of their white populations; but it has affected every metropolitan area in the United States.

In the years after World War II, many white Americans began to move away from inner cities to newer suburban communities. Major cities had experienced tight housing markets during the war years along with an influx of blacks seeking war work. White people with the means to leave sometimes did so to escape increasing crime. In other cases, whites left simply because they thought that suburban communities, with their new housing stock and schools and their open spaces, were more desirable places to live, and due to economic conditions or racial discrimination, blacks were frequently unable to follow.

Discriminatory practices, especially those intended to "preserve" white neighborhoods, restricted the ability of non-whites to move from inner-cities to suburbs, even when they were economically able to afford it. In contrast to this, the same period in history marked a massive suburban expansion available primarily to whites of both wealthy and working class backgrounds, facilitated through highway construction and the availability of federally subsidized home mortgages (VA, FHA, HOLC) which made it easier for families to buy new homes in the suburbs — but not to rent apartments in cities.[6] White flight was made easier by state and federal governments paying for highways to carry suburbanites to work in cities where the jobs remained (the National Defense and Interstate Highway Act and its successors). The creation of these highways in some cases divided and isolated black neighborhoods from goods and services, many times within industrial corridors

Source:
 10 years ago '06        #104
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25744 25744
yeah she got the right idea just wrote it the wrong way
 09-22-2007, 10:42 PM         #105
LADY DZY23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
native ameriacans get hella breaks. all types of stuff from the govt. and other races have months/week they just dont have publicity blk history month has..but the hell w/ her; tell her to go back to her brady bunch guy
 10 years ago '04        #106
albemarle 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,143 | Props total: 446 446
If she wants to ban someone she should boycott Abc, Nbc, Fox and all the major labels that don't let people truly express themselves. We all know that even the news on these channels are made to attract certain audiences. Example back in the day Fox cancled alot of popular black tv shows but Shows that didn't really have alot of social meaning gets long runs. Look @ married with children don't get me wrong I loved the show but I liked New yourk undercover too and while it was in it's prime they just axed it.

While every black person ain't ghetto and crude, every black person ain't on The Cosby level either. Where are the shows about the middle class families that are just getting by because the make too much money to get help but don't make enough to get a tax break.

Even though we are all humans and Americans to forget your heritage is wrong no matter what race you are. White people down in the South will never forget theirs no matter how bad ot tarnished it appears they love it. Why can't black people, asian, hispanic, etc... people continue to celebrate the positve parts of theirs (cause the schools will never let you forget the negatives anyway)
 09-22-2007, 10:54 PM         #107
LADY DZY23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New york undercover got x because the actoors quite.. they couldnt get their way..
 09-22-2007, 11:03 PM         #108
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 casper said:
have u ever walked in a white man shoes??? have u been blamed for bein racist when ur the farthest from it..but ur great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents MIGHT HAVE HAD SOMETHIN TO DO WIT IT??how do u know how quickly i get accepted in sh*t

i know my family aint got no southern roots either
Actually it is not that far great, it's more like one great generation of a white person's parnets or blood has done something to push racism or at least support. Three or the young ones four great generations and then your talking about slave owners. Point stating we areall aren't that far off, just the first three great would have been good enough.
 10 years ago '04        #109
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
we only have one black current running tv sitcom on national tv right now
and thats everybody hates chris. everything else = canceled
 10 years ago '04        #110
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
and for the record
BET is not black owned and run anymore
BET was Ova when Bob Johnson sold out
Tv One is our station
 09-22-2007, 11:07 PM         #111
cpalmer1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
Asian History Month is May

Hispanic History Month is September

Native American History Month is November

everybody has a history month not just African and the hispanic and asian history months were passed by a bill in the govt over 30 years ago so it aint nothing new, i agree with her principles but the sh*t just aint gonna happen, we have black history month because the over school doesnt teach sh*t about African history.

My middle school history book contained TWO PARAGRAPHS of African history, not even a whole page, TWO PARAGRAPHS. Short a.ss paragraphs at that. That alone should explain to you why African history month is necessary. The way schools teach now you would think Africans didnt appear until 1975. Nobody African descent child should get through 12th grade without knowing who Medgar Evers is
Thank you sir,

Adrianne is an example of another person talking out they seat.
 10 years ago '04        #112
210eclectic 
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 0 0
it k!lls me how she stated she dated a black guy so that doesn't make her a racist..lol..not saying she is but i hate when ppl know they are making a racially charged statement and make the need to excuse their comment with "but im not racist cuz i dated some black guy in college" gtfoh.

Last edited by 210eclectic; 09-22-2007 at 11:39 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #113
Andym1731 
space
space
$1,021 | Props total: 0 0
I started my boycott of BET when it began to suck a.ss in 03.
 09-23-2007, 12:14 AM         #114
YoungDaniel2K4  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder what Tyra thinks of this.
 10 years ago '04        #115
diamond4981 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$908 | Props total: 3 3
She has a point but I'm not sure she knows that filipino's have their own channels too you can order on directv like the spanish so Bet is not the only race oriented channel. And now that its owned by Viacom there is no black channel.
 10 years ago '04        #116
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,861 | Props total: 1603 1603
She Aughta Listen 2 Lupe's "American Terrorist"
 10 years ago '04        #117
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
she has the right idea, she's just a little off with it and the whole "get over slavery" thing by white people is an automatic turn off, you cant tell me how to feel

but in general, i agree with her...BET should be taken off the air because it is no longer a positive force in the black community or in the music buisness, not because it's labeled black...the reason why black entertainment television was born was because every other channel on TV at the time was WET, white entertainment television, just because they didnt label it as such doesnt mean that blacks werent being excluded from leading roles in progressive shows, if they werent cooning, they werent on TV and certainly not prime time

so we made our own channel, i see nothing wrong with that because if you look at CMT, that is the whitest station on earth, you might as well call that WET as well but it doesnt bother us, that form of entertainment caters to massive ammounts of white people much like r&b and hip hop are usually targeted to the black audience (which was the mainstay at BET before they started trying to be MTV), thats not racist, but the station has lost it's origonal purpose when bob johnson sold out

as for black history month...she may not know the REAL reason why it's a bad idea, but it is...it's very arrogant of america to have a black history month (the shortest month of the year i mind you), and even then our children RARELY learn about anything or anybody signifigant

we spend the rest of the year learning about george washington and some other white man wanting to rule the world...black history helped SHAPE american history period...why wait and only give it one month of discussion and discard it for the rest of the year? black history month should be black history YEAR (for those of you that have children), every year because we played vital roles in the overall scheme of this wicked countries rise to prominence

i dont want a month...it's an insult and i dont celebrate it...when i have children they will learn something about black history daily because their school aint teaching them sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #118
Scoop24 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,794 | Props total: 1368 1368
smh@ this white bi*ch telling people to boycott BET BLACK history Month
 10 years ago '06        #119
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
For the record George Washington Carver did not invent "peanut butter". He had more than 300 uses for the peanut but did not invent peanut butter.

For the "Queen of Mean". I was not saying that only blacks get welfare. You misread my statement (sorry if I offended you but you should read other parts of my statement) I was saying that yes slavery and racism was and still is horrible. What I was saying is that our government made an effort to reverse the effects of slavery by making these options available. There have been great strides to try and compensate for slavery. But you are forgetting what I also said. Many countries that were greater slave importers dont have sh*t for generations of people who were effected by slavery. They dont have any type of amendment that helps black people be treated equal. It wasnt much and I guess not enough. But as sh*tty as descendent's of slaves have it in this country they have it way worse in other countries. Did my family own slaves? hell no we were poor a.ss farmers from Wisconsin. My grandfather fought in the civil war to free slaves and lost both of his legs. I got those in my closet to prove it. Just because one white person says some remotely racist sh*t everyone on boxden is like "fu*k THE WHITE MAN". Thats not right. Not all of us had slaves.

Go to an American Indian reservation. Meet some of the people there and you will see what the early settlers did. In reality the settlers wiped out their culture and people. Why dont we learn more about them in school? We took all of their land then gave random 100 acre plots (usually in the sh*tty places) back. Yeah they can go and get government aid. But there are loopholes since lots of reservations govern themselves the government can pull bullsh*t moves to get around putting money in.

Read the book "Love Medicine" if you want to get a taste of what its like living life as a native american. I have met native americans who say that a reservation is like a prison. Nearly impossible to get out of.

Last edited by Sammyboi22; 09-23-2007 at 01:45 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #120
homicyde 1 heat pts
space
space
$371 | Props total: 0 0
this bi*ch is like the female version of joe budden she losing her celebrity buzz so she running around posting dumb sh*t in blogs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
97 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy