The Official Jay-Z "Blue Magic" Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
160 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
91 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #221
paris91 
space
space
space
$276 | Props total: 0 0
 affinity said:
You are calling me a hater because I think its an average track? I own, meaning I went out and bought every single Jay Z album he has put out. I wouldn't ever straight hate on Jay period without a good reason. But, I don't need another album from him talking about being a d-boy. I could care less whether it's "real". It comes off really lame him being on his grown man sh!t and then making an album about selling for sales. That's real talk right there

and so the f-k what if it's better than most of what we are hearing now on the radio? My standards aren't so low that I'm going to say I love a track simply because its better than 80% of the garbage out there. You want to lower the bar for music that is fine, but this is straight average from Jay.

I hear what you're saying and I agree with you on lots of your points. You're missing the point of this album. IT'S A CONCEPT ALBUM. He saw the film and was inspired by it. He watched scenes from it, rewound the tape, and made songs ABOUT THE FILM. He says this is what inspired him.

So, I agree that someone like Jay or someone like 50 who is making MILLIONS, sounds stupid when they're talking like they're back on the streets when we know they're not. But since it's a concept album, it's like Deniro ACTING ON SCREEN as if he's poor and a gangster, but we know he lives in TRIBECA in a million dollar loft.
 09-22-2007, 08:15 PM         #222
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 paris91 said:
I hear what you're saying and I agree with you on lots of your points. You're missing the point of this album. IT'S A CONCEPT ALBUM. He saw the film and was inspired by it. He watched scenes from it, rewound the tape, and made songs ABOUT THE FILM. He says this is what inspired him.

So, I agree that someone like Jay or someone like 50 who is making MILLIONS, sounds stupid when they're talking like they're back on the streets when we know they're not. But since it's a concept album, it's like Deniro ACTING ON SCREEN as if he's poor and a gangster, but we know he lives in TRIBECA in a million dollar loft.
Here's what I had to say earlier about this being a "concept" album:

The fact that it's a "concept" album based on a motion picture doesn't change the fact that it sounds like he is just going to be re-hashing the same material we've heard from him before. Besides, I would use the word "concept" really loosely when referring to this one. Jay said the movie took him back to his own memories - his own emotions. When you are doing a concept album, you base your songs almost entirely on the material in the film - not your own experiences.
If Jay was going to do the official soundtrack for the film, cool, I would undertand why he was doing this. But this isn't the case - Jay can call it a "concept" album all he wants, but he has implied that the lyrics are also going to be inspired by his own experiences.

To me, Jay is too talented to be doing a record like this - "concept" or not, he's done this kind of record before and I feel the only reason he is doing a record like this is because of the backlash he received for Kingdom Come.

Last edited by affinity; 09-22-2007 at 08:33 PM..
 09-22-2007, 08:31 PM         #223
motojax  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is fire
 10 years ago '06        #224
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,905 | Props total: 7575 7575
"Blue Magic" was known on the street as the purest sh*t available. heroin raw and uncut. It was the coca cola of boy.

I guess thats what Jay felt he was spittin on that track.

I give the song a 8/10.
 09-22-2007, 08:39 PM         #225
Famous®  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is the link to the song somewhere in here?
 10 years ago '05        #226
Chicano_Flow 
space
space
$1,689 | Props total: 35 35
Track is bangin
 10 years ago '04        #227
jigdagod 
space
space
$553 | Props total: 0 0
sh*t IS HOT TO ME. Beat is sick. Rhymes is sick. Flow is on some I'm still the king of ny with a laid back feel
 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM         #228
ricky79  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Song Is Hot As fu*k...Bottomline.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago