Ja Rule Speaks On Jay-Z Vs. 2Pac, Biggie's reaction to "Hit Em Up"

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who would've won in a Jay-Z/2Pac beef?
Jay-Z 17 19.32%
2Pac 71 80.68%
Voters: 88. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #41
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
nobody was bumping no damn reasonable doubt when pac and biggie was alive.......... reasonable doubt was'nt even selling no copies like that when it first came out. hell i can even say that nas > jay-z back in the mid 90s. "aint no n*gga" was'nt cracking radio rotation outside of new york like "if i ruled the world" did.
 09-16-2007, 07:50 PM         #42
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If he didn't the term "ethered" wouldn't exist... but on the other hand... You can't even compare Pac & 50 because 50 is just a wanna-be Pac and he doesn't even have all the other attributes to carry himself that is why his lil charades died so quickly. And those that want to talk about the issue of money, 50 has made a half billion in less than half the time Jay-Z did, but does that make him a better emcee?
 09-16-2007, 07:51 PM         #43
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay-Z is my dude when it comes to rap, but he aint fu*kin with Pac, flat out!
 10 years ago '04        #44
305gangstamuzik 
space
space
$1,994 | Props total: 0 0
Watch "Beef 2"..canibus won that..but they say that LL was too much at the long run.

Bone Diddles said:
wait, so your saying LL won the canibus beef???????

im lost....
 09-16-2007, 08:02 PM         #45
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 getGwap said:
n*ggaz forget that pac wasnt even considered a legend until he died until he got shot people considered him a loud mouth rapist that was always beefin wit n*ggaz for no reason

and basically though fu*k the world except my mama

jay-z easily sh*ts on pac in terms of lyrical ability and flow

for people who say cats didnt respond to pac's disses

pac started dissin everybody late 95 and died in 96' so who gonna drop a diss track to a dead man

im sure them cats had material recorded in response to pac but after dude got clapped they erased the sh*t
^^^what are you like 15???? n*gga pac was a legend before he died, he wasn't on no proof,big L,big pun sh*t,them the type of n*ggaz that didn't get big shine till they died, the n*gga pac was most def a legend before he passed,n*gga has the record sales on lock,the real street sh*t on lock,he was set before he passed,n*gga talked about dyin so much that we were all pretty much just wondering when it was gonna happen.and back then n*ggaz would make a diss track like the next day or the next week, so dont act like pac dissed then died the next day. not only that you NEVER see big or any one of them n*ggaz that pac dissed talk down on him,not even in interviews had all them n*ggaz shook.any n*gga actin like hov would have even attempted to diss the n*gga pac is retarded let alone actually being able to get over on pac. never once has pac took a L on the mic,pac was str8 bullying n*ggaz
 10 years ago '07        #46
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 MiseryCityTexas said:
nobody was bumping no damn reasonable doubt when pac and biggie was alive.......... reasonable doubt was'nt even selling no copies like that when it first came out. hell i can even say that nas > jay-z back in the mid 90s. "aint no n*gga" was'nt cracking radio rotation outside of new york like "if i ruled the world" did.

quoted myself for emphasis cause its true......
 09-16-2007, 08:45 PM         #47
Victor $weet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To the n*gga who said 2Pac wasn't a legend 'til he died.....your either a young a.ss kid who knows d*ck about the history of modern rap music, smoking crack or just living in a fu*king fantasy world or some sh*t, I dunno. The fact that he had such variety in his music alone already put him on a status that nobody was fu*king with at that time...........A lot of people didn't understand him because of this, which I don't understand because everyone has two sides, everyone. 2Pac's was just magnified because of the position he was in, but he always stayed the same person, you can listen to his music and figure that out.

The Jay-Z comparison isn't even fair, Jay-Z is a great rapper, but 2Pac is so far ahead of that man on pretty much every single level it's not even funny. I don't see how anyone could say Jay would win a battle over him, especially considering Pac's work ethic, he woulda kept goin' until that n*gga was done, and Jay woulda crumbled just like he did with the Nas beef. Sorry, but the only n*ggas that liked "Super Ugly" were Jay-Z's #1 fans. Everyone else saw that sh*t for what it was, garbage.

Besides, B.I.G. never even responded to 2Pac, why would his lil' n*gga, Jay-Z? To say that he dissed all them and then died immediately is just a fu*king retarded statement.....The 3 Kings of N.Y. had plenty of fu*king time to respond to Pac, if Jay-Z was as great as y'all make him out to be, he woulda came right back with a diss, I mean sh*t, Mobb Deep & Chino XL both did, what was stopping Jay??? Think about it.....could he not think of anything to say? Was he afraid he career might fall apart because Pac was so powerful at that time? What the fu*k was it? If 2Pac even thought about making a diss track such as "Hit Em Up," going hard at Jay-Z, who was nothing at that time, he would've remained at that status, and prolly been like dude said earlier, Pac's version of Canibus to LL.

Bottom line is, you can't compare Jay and Pac because the talent level isn't close. Jay is just a rapper and a "businessman," 2Pac was a rapper, activist, poet and most of all, the voice of a whole fu*king generation.
 10 years ago '06        #48
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,882 | Props total: 2718 2718
Why do so many people think that because you have lyrical ability does not necessarily mean you are good at dissing people. Jay-z's disses during the Kingdom Come album were not good but he is still a good lyricists.
 10 years ago '05        #49
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 MiseryCityTexas said:
He made the charts wit Aint No n*gga that was his first song that had good position on the charts That sh*t was gettin played on the radio crazy, thats why it was on the Nutty Professor Soundtrack and wasnt no n*ggas playin Illmatic in 94 and that sold worse than reasonable doubt if u wanna be technical, but they still call that a classic, wasnt no n*ggas playin Resurection back then but they call that a classic, same wit T.I, I swear I was the only St.Louis n*gga that went to buy KEYWORD BUY I'm serious the first day it dropped, wasnt nobody listening To Tip in 01 except people in the south but they call I'm Serious a classic, so whats your point?? To quote Juelz "Greatness always get overlooked Jordan was picked third/Pac had to move West to get heard/Reasonable Doubt didnt get the respect it deserved" :applause:

Last edited by Basicgz; 09-16-2007 at 09:47 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #50
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,202 | Props total: 15055 15055
 DJ Maximum said:
Jay-Z >>> Pac

As Of Right Now

Jay-Z Is The Best Rapper Ever If U Dont Like It & U Think Pac Is U Can Blame Those Dumb Dudes Who Keep Releasing Remix Albums That k!lling His Legacy
lets get this straight

PAC'S DISCOGRAPHY GOES LIKE THIS:
2pacalypse Now, Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z., Thug Life Vol 1, Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, Makaveli

GET IT GOT IT GOOD

pac's discography > anybodys
 09-16-2007, 09:53 PM         #51
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Basicgz said:
He made the charts wit Aint No n*gga that was his first song that had good position on the charts That sh*t was gettin played on the radio crazy, thats why it was on the Nutty Professor Soundtrack and wasnt no n*ggas playin Illmatic in 94 and that sold worse than reasonable doubt if u wanna be technical, but they still call that a classic, wasnt no n*ggas playin Resurection back then but they call that a classic, same wit T.I, I swear I was the only St.Louis n*gga that went to buy KEYWORD BUY I'm serious the first day it dropped, wasnt nobody listening To Tip in 01 except people in the south but they call I'm Serious a classic, so whats your point?? To quote Juelz "Greatness always get overlooked Jordan was picked third/Pac had to move West to get heard/Reasonable Doubt didnt get the respect it deserved" :applause:
aint no n*gga peak was #50 on billboard charts....and that songs SUCKS, cant believe u even brought it up again if u seriously tryna defend jay

and I'm Serious is not a classic, i cant believe u just brought that cd up in a jay-z/2pac discussion........yikes

and juelz clearly dont know what hes talking about cuz 2pac was a platinum artist before he signed to death row.....not to mention he was a fu*king actor, Juice, Above The Rim & Poetic Justice all came out b4 he joined death row in late 1995....
 10 years ago '05        #52
IllmaticYungin 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,387 | Props total: 2 2
Word On The Street...There Was a One Time Performance Of A 2pac Diss At The Apollo But It Never Aired On TV
 10 years ago '04        #53
KIngJames23 
space
space
$272 | Props total: 5 5
Delete Thread.......
 09-16-2007, 10:30 PM         #54
dmoss  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not hating but big or pac wouldnt be as big of icon if they hadnt died like that and BIG = GOAT to me dont feel like debating it. But foreal both became gods after they died. To quote jada "Dead rappers get better promotion" People started to say how hot budles was (RIP) but dude didnt get shot his name woulnt had be mention.
 09-16-2007, 11:15 PM         #55
onq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
Didnt know that Ja knew Biggie
He knew 2pac too Dude that use to rap with pac was ja's home boy
 09-16-2007, 11:28 PM         #56
onq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and for the people that didn't know Jay -Z did diss pac back but it was after 2pac was dead it was a rap called dead or alive but he changed the words when he put the rap out so it's hard as hell to find the real track.

he was saying some sh*t about 2pac not really being dead.

and that's why in Nas old rap "We Will Survive"
he was like "they don't believe you dead they wanna see you in your coffin", He was talking about jay -Z

and this was another shot at jay-z in that same song when he was talking about biggie

It used to be fun, makin records to see your response
But, now competition is none, now that you're gone
And these n*ggaz is wrong -- usin your name in vain
And they claim to be New York's king?
It ain't about that

Last edited by onq; 09-16-2007 at 11:58 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #57
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
back then jay-z was rapping like the fu-schnikens, and he hadnt quite perfected biggies flow or his own for that matter.....jay was too fresh to the game at that time big l murked him in a freestyle battle, made him look bad......and he didnt have the nuts or confidence he has now to go at pac....pac died on top of the world, and n*ggas slept on they chance to respond
 10 years ago '05        #58
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
 DJ Maximum said:
Jay-Z >>> Pac

As Of Right Now

Jay-Z Is The Best Rapper Ever If U Dont Like It & U Think Pac Is U Can Blame Those Dumb Dudes Who Keep Releasing Remix Albums That k!lling His Legacy
of course you would say that you always big up Jay, but Jay alive & released Kingdom Come
 09-17-2007, 12:07 AM         #59
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac birthed Jay-Z's idol (Biggie) and Biggie helped birth Jay-Z. Case Closed again!
 10 years ago '06        #60
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
I see it like that. There are alot of points on here that are opinions and people gotta respect that. For someone to say Aint No n*gga wasn't a hit you got to be crazy. I"m a Pac, Jay, and BIG fan period. I respect all of their work and of course BIG was my favorite for the simple fact he was a underdog who blew up and rep BK to the fullest. Jay got it now I dont care who likes him or not. Pac is definately a legend you can't take that away from him. On the flip side, these dudes are human. They all had flaws.

B.I.G- He will always be criticized for never responding to Pac but if your a true Hip Hop head you would know he got a few cheap shots in there on Long Kiss Goodnight on Life After death. It was clear who he was speaking of.

Pac- Pac had a tendency to go off without thinking. Hit Em Up was a hard dis but would I consider it his best HELL NO. Against All Odds was definately one of the hardest dis songs he's ever release and maybe of all time. Another thing is Pac rapped on alot of garbage a.ss beats but people overlooked that for the simple fact he was Tupac. Even true Tupac fans could tell you that. This is no disrespect to the man. But he also had a gang of hits too so that pretty much overshadows alot of that luke warm music he was making.

Jay- I think the Rocafella split sorta hurt Jay. He lost his soldiers and alot of people turned on him for the simple fact he did his own thing. Jay has dropped a few weak album in my opinion as well. And honestly alot of people like it but Reasonable Doubt wasn't even his best album to me either. Lyrically he was on top of his game but he grew as a artist and that hurt him. I'm still a big fan of his no matter what because he makes very good music in opinion. We can bring up the Ether dis all day but at the end of the day he kept going and is now considered the wealthiest Hip Hop entertainer. Can't fault the man for doing his thing. Any of yall would have done the same thing. As far as going at Pac, at that time in Hip Hop it would have not been smart to do that. For the simple fact he was a new artist. Pac overall was a better artist than Jay before he passed. At the end of the day though Big and Pac are no longer here and we need to let that go. Its incredible to see somebody like Jay-Z accomplish so much more than what Pac and BIG was denied for being k!lled. We all just have to except it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
60 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
48 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy