Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #21
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
 Quddus said:
Caps are useless but my sh*t works like a champ. If your car already has a good altenator like my car has. And all I need is something to give my amp power when needed jack a.ss why would I not use a capacitor? If my amp was draining to much power why would I dot use a cap? There is always an alternative but to sit up and boast like you know what your taking about saying they have no purpose.

What? :wow: ok, You gotta love noobs that dont know sh*t. I must know something if my name is in the "Need help? Ask us. Read this !!!!" sticky. Oh and for your information im a junior in college studyin Electronics, so i think I definitely know what im talkin bout.
 10 years ago '05        #22
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,282 | Props total: 2474 2474
 Quddus said:
n*gga fu*k you dawg how you gone tell me and my sh*t is hooked up now. He said his amp is draining his battery.

Same sh*t happen to me and all I did was ground my sh*t so when I cut of my car my amp shuts off too and I got two caps in my whip giving me that extra charge when needed. My car already has a decent altenator. My electrical system is good. My amp just never cut off and I sit my car days on end and it was draining my battery. Which sounds like is the same with his system.
if tha amp wasnt grounded to begin with it will not even turn on. its the remote wire going to the deck that turns it off and on. when the deck is turned off or on the deck sends a signal through the remote wire to the amp to tell it to turn off or on.

now if your deck is connected directly to the car battery without the use of the ignition wire then you whole system will turn on without having to put the key in the ignition and turning the car on. but even then you would still need to have the amp grounded to even get it to turn on.

did you install the system yourself or did you have some one do it for you Quddus?

Last edited by HiRolliN; 09-18-2007 at 01:49 AM..
 09-18-2007, 10:42 AM         #23
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quddus just leave before you get really embarassed, nothing you've psoted is correct, and if you even read the thread you'd know that his problem was a wiring issue, he got the problem fixed.

just the comment about the car running of the battery and if the battery was draining the car would die is funny as hell. how the hell do you think the battery runs the car. thats what alts are for

caps are pointless and we've already proved that so many times it's not worth proving to you becuase you wont understand anyways

grounds will not SHUT the amp off, if you don't have a ground or a proper ground on the amp it will either not turn on or cut out and possibly fu*k the amp up. if you have power going to ANYTHING you NEED some sort of ground, it's fu*king common sense

my advice is to just stay out of this section completely unless your the one asking for help, your adivce is nothing but bullsh*t
one
GhosT
 09-18-2007, 08:40 PM         #24
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SOUNDS LIKE THE GUY IS AN INSTALLER AT BEST BUY:wow:
 10 years ago '05        #25
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,282 | Props total: 2474 2474
 SKINNI said:
....lol....
 09-19-2007, 12:11 AM         #26
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
actually it does, that's about the extent of their knowledge, if they don't know whats wrong they recommend a capacitor, i know i've gone and asked them to basicly give them sh*t

i told them my sh*t was cutting out, i already knew it was a ground problem, and guess what they told me i need, A CAP,i told them they were full of sh*tand it was just a grounding issue and they told me it wasn't, i went home and changed my ground and everything was fine, hahahahaha, show how much they know
one
GhosT
 09-19-2007, 02:17 PM         #27
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NEED MORE BASS, GET A CAP! LIGHTS DIM, GET A CAP! WANT LOUD MIDS & HIGHS, GET A CAP! CD PLAYER SKIPS, GET A CAP! WANT TO WIN CAR SHOWS, GET A CAP! WANT TO GO FASTER, GET A CAP! BETTER GAS MILAGE? U KNOW WHAT U NEED!

THESE RESULTS HAVE BEEN TESTED & PROVEN BY 2 OF THE FRONTRUNNING MOBILE AUTHORITIES.......... BEST BUY & CIRCUIT CITY:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #28
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,949 | Props total: 6187 6187
Ghost fu*k you and I installed my sh*t myself and it works. So that all that matters and I always see ghost on here talkin sh*t like he is the king of sounds. n*gga needs a real life
 10 years ago '04        #29
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,951 | Props total: 5727 5727
 Quddus said:
Ghost fu*k you and I installed my sh*t myself and it works. So that all that matters and I always see ghost on here talkin sh*t like he is the king of sounds. n*gga needs a real life
:wow: ban him ghost lol
 09-19-2007, 10:44 PM         #30
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Actually a cap is just fine if your budget restricts you to buy a high amp alternator.

My Saturn alt pushes out 90A and is located below the intake mani. The cap took care of the issue.

How did I know? Voltage drop. Anyone willing to "rice" out their Protege or their Corolla can install both an Ampmeter and a Voltmeter in a dual pod A pillar.

The ampmeter you can hook between the alt and the bat I believe. Or the starter selonoid. Voltmeter hooks up to a proper 12V, preferably the battery or ignition wiring.

Ghost is right in some respect to popping and dimming being a ground issue. This is not always the case, though.

Last edited by diplo; 09-19-2007 at 10:45 PM..
 09-20-2007, 12:08 AM         #31
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Quddus said:
how can you even say that unless you don't know sh*t, just about everything you said is complete bullsh*t

and to diplo, you seem to know some sh*t but i have to dissagree about the caps. now days caps are pointless, there are to many amps out that are unregulated. there for the voltage doesn't matter, the main purpose of a cap is now gone. the only caps worth putting in are good BIG caps, none of this .5 -2 farad bullsh*t, they really don't do anything a good battery can't do
one
GhosT
 09-20-2007, 08:34 AM         #32
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok, let me tell you this tho.

You know that popping from a voltage drop? Now, normally I would've disagreed with you about caps.

I bought myself a nice little 1 Farad cap and installed it. POPPING was STILL there!

Problem? GROUND. Period. I installed one of those ground kits and that was when my problem surfaced.

BUT, I also think the voltage regulator in my alt might be shot too. I'm running 14.1V constant, but it isn't consistant.

I installed the cap, and the cap actually shuts the system down when there is a heavy drain. Happened quite a few times.

The cap = solved the bat drain problem
The cap = didn't solve the voltage popping
The cap = did solve the dimming issue slightly

I'm running those 3 MTX thunder punch 5000s in series off of a Legacy 1600W amp 400Wx4ch..

And it dims like a motha..

Swapped it into the Civic..soon to hook up..

Legacy = decent...
I don't care what you say...I'm not an idiot..I just want a nice bump..thats all...

To me,
Engine > System
 09-20-2007, 11:26 AM         #33
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the amp is probably a big part of your power problems. legacy really is junk. they don't put the power out that they say they do, they run very inefficient. and they over heat very bad. you'd probably see better results with the big 3 upgrade, bigger wire from battery to amp, different amp

if it works for you then fine but i'm just stating what would actually work better for you
one
GhosT
 09-20-2007, 06:44 PM         #34
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
Ok, let me tell you this tho.

You know that popping from a voltage drop? Now, normally I would've disagreed with you about caps.

I bought myself a nice little 1 Farad cap and installed it. POPPING was STILL there!

Problem? GROUND. Period. I installed one of those ground kits and that was when my problem surfaced.

BUT, I also think the voltage regulator in my alt might be shot too. I'm running 14.1V constant, but it isn't consistant.

I installed the cap, and the cap actually shuts the system down when there is a heavy drain. Happened quite a few times.

The cap = solved the bat drain problem
The cap = didn't solve the voltage popping
The cap = did solve the dimming issue slightly

I'm running those 3 MTX thunder punch 5000s in series off of a Legacy 1600W amp 400Wx4ch..

And it dims like a motha..

Swapped it into the Civic..soon to hook up..

Legacy = decent...
I don't care what you say...I'm not an idiot..I just want a nice bump..thats all...

To me,
Engine > System
LEGACY HAS A LONG LEGACY INDEED........... FOR MAKING PAPER WEIGHTS. OFFICE DEPOT PRODUCT. U CAN BUY JUST ABOUT ANY BRAND TO GET LOUD BUT WHAT DO U GET ALONG WITH THAT LOUD?:sick:
 09-20-2007, 09:10 PM         #35
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
LEGACY HAS A LONG LEGACY INDEED........... FOR MAKING PAPER WEIGHTS. OFFICE DEPOT PRODUCT. U CAN BUY JUST ABOUT ANY BRAND TO GET LOUD BUT WHAT DO U GET ALONG WITH THAT LOUD?:sick:
Straight up, my first system was 2 Legacy 12s in a box and amp for $50 when I was 16.

I gave the system away when I was 17 for free.

I copped some 16s w/ disproportioned tires (205/55 f, 205/50 r) and traded them for W0s..

Two W0s running off a JBL 400W amp...series off 1 ch...

Ran fine..

One W0 toasted....I think the VC was shot or maybe the spider..
Replaced with a L. Audio sub...$30
Copped those Audiobahn AW125T in a trade.
Biggest bang I ever had. Sealed the box myself.

Ever since I got this Legacy Amp, i put the subs on high pass....like giant speakers, put the level to max, and the bass to max...and it's fine.

I'm not too crazy about systems, Ghost.
I just put these new Falkans on my rims, got home 5pm, put on those upper control arms

System = cheap
Suspension, engine = expensive...

I could really run a nice system.....but I don't want to be heard from blocks away and attract cops or thieves. Real talk.
 09-21-2007, 10:38 AM         #36
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wether your crazy about systems or not i'd atleast get something good enough to last and have a descent sound
one
GhosT
 09-21-2007, 01:22 PM         #37
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
Straight up, my first system was 2 Legacy 12s in a box and amp for $50 when I was 16.

I gave the system away when I was 17 for free.

I copped some 16s w/ disproportioned tires (205/55 f, 205/50 r) and traded them for W0s..

Two W0s running off a JBL 400W amp...series off 1 ch...

Ran fine..

One W0 toasted....I think the VC was shot or maybe the spider..
Replaced with a L. Audio sub...$30
Copped those Audiobahn AW125T in a trade.
Biggest bang I ever had. Sealed the box myself.

Ever since I got this Legacy Amp, i put the subs on high pass....like giant speakers, put the level to max, and the bass to max...and it's fine.

I'm not too crazy about systems, Ghost.
I just put these new Falkans on my rims, got home 5pm, put on those upper control arms

System = cheap
Suspension, engine = expensive...

I could really run a nice system.....but I don't want to be heard from blocks away and attract cops or thieves. Real talk.
PUT THE SUBS ON HIGHPASS!
 09-21-2007, 01:50 PM         #38
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t i didn't even read that part, why the hell would you put your subs on high pass and turn the gains and bass boost up, your asking for your sh*t to blow, thats retarted
one
GhosT
 09-21-2007, 04:48 PM         #39
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So They Play Like Big Speakers
 09-23-2007, 07:25 PM         #40
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Been running them on high pass for about 10 months now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy