NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
35165 pageviews
52 comments

YngSwift 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,767 | Props total: 156 156
Subs Draining Battery!!!

Ok I just got my subs installed yesterday and about 20 mins after i drove to the gas station beating it loud and i turned the car to pump my gas and it never came back on so the homie had to give me a jump and then it was good. But how can i stop this from happening in the future i dont wanna have to worry about my battery dying everytime i beat my music or was that just a 11 time thing since i barely got it installed...my friend told me i should just turn my beat down before i turn my car off is that true??

52 comments for "Subs Draining Battery!!!"

10 years ago '05        #2
j da pimp 
space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 0 0
get a new battery, buy a capacitor
 10 years ago '05        #3
airmcnair06 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,001 | Props total: 0 0
caps are useless

you may need an additional battery (maybe yellow top)

what kind of setup do you have?

or you may need a high output alternator
 10 years ago '04        #4
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,951 | Props total: 5725 5725
simple. turn off your music when you turn off your car lol. naw jus upgrade your battery or get two.
 10 years ago '06        #5
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
Don't waste your time & money on a cap. Do the big 3, upgrade battery, upgrade alt would be smart choices.
 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM         #6
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
am i the only one who thinks there could possibly be a wiring problem here?
 09-13-2007, 09:22 PM         #7
Da1witskilz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Caps are useless"...<--wrong. Caps store a charge so the battery doesnt take huge dips of power every time your bass hits. Next you need a new alternator but its not gonna last unless you get a high output alternator to deal with the extra power you drawing... last upgrade your grounds for your amp to the chassis, and from your battery to the chassis to make sure you have a solid ground between the 2. You should be good then. just getting a new alternator wont solve anything cuz without a cap your alternator is gonna die again
 09-13-2007, 10:20 PM         #8
nYcKiNg23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dcole18 said:

me too. 20 minutes shouldnt have k!lled the battery no matter how loud and powerful it was
 10 years ago '06        #9
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
Not entirely true. It could be a wire problem, but the battery could be almost dead and the amp finally k!lled it. I've seen it happen before.
 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM         #10
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da1witskilz said:
"Caps are useless"...<--wrong. Caps store a charge so the battery doesnt take huge dips of power every time your bass hits. Next you need a new alternator but its not gonna last unless you get a high output alternator to deal with the extra power you drawing... last upgrade your grounds for your amp to the chassis, and from your battery to the chassis to make sure you have a solid ground between the 2. You should be good then. just getting a new alternator wont solve anything cuz without a cap your alternator is gonna die again
just getting a new alternator wont solve anything cuz without a cap your alternator is gonna die again
thats the reason people put high output alternators in, they wont die without a cap, i'm sorry but all of what you said is complete bullsh*t, do some research before you come in here and think your able to dish out advice

your wrong caps ARE pointless, all they do is store power to deliver at a constant voltage. it's just one more thing the alt has to recharge. your better off with a battery upgrade and or big 3 and or alternator upgrade, a cap really should be the absolute last thing you buy, and you still should never buy one, they do nothing that a battery and alt and big 3 upgrade can't do better

but to answer the question
1st off check all the wiring
2nd replace the stock battery, it could be just about dead and the system is just k!lling it
3rd add extra battery depending on how much power your running and what kind of current your drawing with the amp
4th do the big 3 upgrade
5th upgrade your alternator

we do need to know what vehicle and what subs and what amp your running

one
GhosT

Last edited by GhosT; 09-14-2007 at 12:26 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #11
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,833 | Props total: 1175 1175
"Caps are useless"...<--wrong.
he was obviously talking about a fitted cap so he can keep the sun out of his eyes when his car breaks down on the side of the road...come on that was pretty straight forward.

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 09-14-2007 at 12:21 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #12
YngSwift 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,767 | Props total: 156 156
 dcole18 said:
Yea and you were correct it was because I needed a clamp on the on the battery because the wires that runs to the battery werent connecting so I just needed a clamp because other one was broken!!!
 09-15-2007, 09:42 AM         #13
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YngSwift said:
Yea and you were correct it was because I needed a clamp on the on the battery because the wires that runs to the battery werent connecting so I just needed a clamp because other one was broken!!!
+1 for me...:D
 10 years ago '07        #14
Nesh 
space
space
$604 | Props total: 0 0
woo hoo...audio kings
 10 years ago '05        #15
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,949 | Props total: 6186 6186
 YngSwift said:
Ok I just got my subs installed yesterday and about 20 mins after i drove to the gas station beating it loud and i turned the car to pump my gas and it never came back on so the homie had to give me a jump and then it was good. But how can i stop this from happening in the future i dont wanna have to worry about my battery dying everytime i beat my music or was that just a 11 time thing since i barely got it installed...my friend told me i should just turn my beat down before i turn my car off is that true??
Same sh*t happen to me. First of all you need a wire grounded so your amp cuts off when you shut off your car. Second I would not go with the battery. I would get a nice size cap. And there is noway your amp drain your car batterty that fast unless your battery was already sh*t. Now your sh*t would shutdown in the middle of you driving it because everything is searching for power and there is not enough power for everything. sh*t happen to me getting off the e-way in my old chevy.

You can get another alternator installed and that would help but you would still want that amp to shut off when you car shuts off. I would go with a cap.
 10 years ago '05        #16
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
 Quddus said:
Same sh*t happen to me. First of all you need a wire grounded so your amp cuts off when you shut off your car. Second I would not go with the battery. I would get a nice size cap. And there is noway your amp drain your car batterty that fast unless your battery was already sh*t. Now your sh*t would shutdown in the middle of you driving it because everything is searching for power and there is not enough power for everything. sh*t happen to me getting off the e-way in my old chevy.

You can get another alternator installed and that would help but you would still want that amp to shut off when you car shuts off. I would go with a cap.
please stop postin bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first off groundin a wire will not cut the amp off. Second, Caps are USELESS!!! DONT LISTEN TO THIS TO DUDE, HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS TALKIN BOUT. Now yo car will not shutdown if its started cause the alternator runs the car when its started.
 10 years ago '05        #17
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 kodak314 said:
please stop postin bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first off groundin a wire will not cut the amp off. Second, Caps are USELESS!!! DONT LISTEN TO THIS TO DUDE, HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS TALKIN BOUT. Now yo car will not shutdown if its started cause the alternator runs the car when its started.
n*gga fu*k you dawg how you gone tell me and my sh*t is hooked up now. He said his amp is draining his battery.

Same sh*t happen to me and all I did was ground my sh*t so when I cut of my car my amp shuts off too and I got two caps in my whip giving me that extra charge when needed. My car already has a decent altenator. My electrical system is good. My amp just never cut off and I sit my car days on end and it was draining my battery. Which sounds like is the same with his system.

Last edited by Quddus; 09-17-2007 at 06:22 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #18
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
 Quddus said:
n*gga fu*k you dawg how you gone tell me and my sh*t is hooked up now. He said his amp is draining his battery.

Same sh*t happen to me and all I did was ground my sh*t so when I cut of my car my amp shuts off too and I got two caps in my whip giving me that extra charge when needed. My car already has a decent amp. My electrical system is good. My amp just never cut off and I sit my car days on end and it was draining my battery. Which sounds like is the same with his system.
you are a dumbass. to turn the amp on u need a turn on wire. yea the amp should shut off when you turn the car off. And like i should b4 CAPS ARE USELESS. Caps will not give you a extra charge.
 10 years ago '05        #19
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 kodak314 said:
you are a dumbass. to turn the amp on u need a turn on wire. yea the amp should shut off when you turn the car off. And like i should b4 CAPS ARE USELESS. Caps will not give you a extra charge.
Caps are useless but my sh*t works like a champ. If your car already has a good altenator like my car has. And all I need is something to give my amp power when needed jack a.ss why would I not use a capacitor? If my amp was draining to much power why would I dot use a cap? There is always an alternative but to sit up and boast like you know what your taking about saying they have no purpose.

Last edited by Quddus; 09-17-2007 at 06:26 PM..
 09-17-2007, 10:11 PM         #20
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Quddus said:
Caps are useless but my sh*t works like a champ. If your car already has a good altenator like my car has. And all I need is something to give my amp power when needed jack a.ss why would I not use a capacitor? If my amp was draining to much power why would I dot use a cap? There is always an alternative but to sit up and boast like you know what your taking about saying they have no purpose.

no matter how much you try to argue about it your wrong... im sorry to bust your bubble

and no, i dont need to prove it, i already know and those who have really dealt with me on here know me enough to trust what i say

so plz... k!ll yoself...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy