Kanye West's 20 Most Unforgivable Lines

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2007, 11:56 AM         #1
9387 pageviews
58 comments

luda_game_dre 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kanye West's 20 Most Unforgivable Lines

Don’t get it twisted: I dig Kanye. College Dropout and Late Registration are two of the best Hip-Hop albums of the past 10 years and the man is responsible for some clever punchlines. But like any lyrical rapper, Kanyeezy sometimes straddles the line between cunning and corny (okay, sometimes flying past that line at Mach 3.) We all know Universal Music Group is the real winner regardless of if Kanye or 50 Cent sells more. So here's something more interesting: Kanye West’s 20 Most Unforgivable Lines.

20. “Nextel, my cell, it don't work down there/What happened in Cancun? Stays down there” – “Out of Your Mind”

If the death of a Hip-Hop phrase occurs when corporate America co-opts it, is the reverse true? Here, Kanye takes a slogan invented by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and somehow makes them look cooler.

19. “But I can't complain what the accident did to my left eye/’Cause look what an accident did to Left Eye” – “Never Let Me Down”

This is so close to being a heart-felt line until you realize ‘Ye’s using a play on words to describe someone’s death. I guess saying you were “smokin a Big L” is too insensitive?

18. “Have you ever popped champagne on a plane while getting some brain?/Whipped it out, she said ‘I never seen snakes on a plane.’” – “Good Life”

Not horrible, but this one seems a bit forced. Why not just go all out and set up the line with, “Have you ever brought a snake on a plane…”

17. “You know how long I’ve been on ya?….Since O.J. had Isotoners” – “Stronger”

How do we know he’s been “on ya” for a long time? Because he just dropped a 1994 reference 13 years later! That is a long time, girl. He has also been on ya since he “lost to E. Honda” and “Jamie Foxx did Wanda.”

16. “The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way y’all need Jesus.” – “Jesus Walks”

Regis? Really? Out of the infinite number of ____ needs ____ combinations, you picked a couple watched by housewives and retirees. Either ‘Ye is a closet Regis fan or Roc-A-Fella and ABC conceived the worst cross-promotional plan since Grandmaster Flash used turntables to describe menstrual cycles on The Facts of Life.

15. “And I was almost famous, now everybody love Kanye/I'm almost Raymond” – “Last Call”

Dropping pop culture references is dicey (See # 16). This one fails because Kanye name-drops arguably the least cool show since Gilmore Girls.

14. “And you a parrot, you copy what I do and say?/Only difference between you and me, you were gay.” – “My Way”

Huh? I guess West deserves credit for being the first rapper to conjure up a gay parrot image but other than that, we know you got better, ‘Ye.

13. "Back in my mind, I'm like damn no way/Translate Espanol, No way Jose." – “Big Brother”

This generally earnest, sincere Jay-Z tribute song on Graduation gets slightly hampered with this clunker. I’m no linguistics expert, but not sure how “Espanol” this one is. Kinda like saying you speak French by ordering a croissant at a diner.

12. “How many ladies in the house without a spouse? Somethin’ in your blouse got me feeling so aroused.” – “I Wonder”

The last time I heard the word “aroused” was in seventh-grade health class. It’s too bad the original line after of, “Especially if your name’s Dolores or Kagina” didn’t make the cut.

11. “Saying ‘we eat pieces of sh!t like you for breakfast’/Huh? Y’all eat pieces of sh!t? What's the basis?” – “Jesus Walks”

It’s kinda sad when Kanye’s famed addiction to pr0n are actually the highest-quality movies he likes. I can picture him watching Happy Gilmore after a long night in the studio and a light bulb going off.

10. “Heard they’d do anything for a Klondike/Well I’d do anything for a blonde dyke.” – “Stronger”

Sadly, we have to forgive the '90s pop-culture reference only because it’s the best part of the couplet.

9. “So if the devil wear Prada/Adam, Eve wear nada, I’m in between but way more fresher.” – “Can’t Tell Me Nothing”

So wait? You’re fresher than the Devil and Adam and Eve? Is this the standard today’s rappers aspire to be fresher then? It would make sense, I guess, that if there’s gonna be Hip-Hop beef, Kanye would choose the biggest target imaginable.

8. “Now if my man Benzino got a Benz and they call him Benzino/When I get my Bentley they gon call me Bent-lino." –“Call Some Hoes” (Chamillionaire)

You can’t argue with this logic. Was this an unused Canibus line?

7. “I'ma make her my apprentice/Make her open wide like she made me her dentist." – “Doing Fine”

This gem from the Freshman Adjustment mixtape is what happens when your only source material is The World’s Worst Pick-up Lines. I’m waiting for the remix when ‘Ye asks a girl if she’s “from Tennessee/’Cause you the only ten I see.”

6. "K, I need a free hand mammogram/I got weed, drink, and a Handicam/All of which is legal in Amsterdam" – “Breathe In Breathe Out”

Many things perplex me about this one. “Drink” and “handicams” are legal in the U.S. too. It would’ve made as much sense to say, “Most of which are legal in America.” And “All of which”? We know your parents are mad smart, but they don’t have to grammatically correct all of your rhymes, Mr. West.

5. "My apologies, are you into astrology/Cause I'm, I'm tryin to make it to Uranus." – “Gettin it In” (Jadakiss)

One oft the most oft-quoted ‘Ye lines, this one has the unique ability to both drop a joke last heard in the sandbox with a brilliant “Astrology/Astronomy” confusion. I’m picturing this song getting focus-grouped to first-graders and the comments coming back, “More Uranus jokes.”

4. “It's a party tonight and ooh she's so excited/Tell me who's invited: you, your friends and my d**k.” – “The New Workout Plan”

We’ll forgive rhyming “excited” with “my d**k” for a second and pause to think of the unwanted image of Kanye’s package getting a separate invitation to something.

3. “Now even though I went to college and dropped out of school quick/I always had a P.H.D.--A pretty huge d**k” “Girls, Girls, Girls” Remix

So Pete Rock skillfully drops “T.R.O.Y.” RZA is smart with P.E.A.C.E. Diddy drops PhD: Playa Hata Degree. And now this. Devolution at its finest. I’m looking forward to the next hot producer talking about “Already Been Chewed gum” and “Xamining Your Zipper.” This is like the reverse of the “Aroused” line, and apparently so good, ‘Ye felt a need to use it again on Dropout’s “Breathe In, Breathe Out.”

2. “Who gave Saddam anthrax?/George Bush got the answers.” – “Crack Music”

What? There are eught-year olds who eat glue and think “Iraq” is a place to hold sunglasses who can debunk this one. You get the feeling that Kanye was skimming the headlines of a National Enquirer one day and pieced together this incendiary bit of political commentary.

1. “I’m like the fly Malcolm X/Buy any jeans necessary” – “Good Morning”

For years, Guru was able to lounge on his couch, safe in the fact that his “Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is” line from “DWYCK” has battled and beaten hundreds of contenders for Most Unforgivable Line in Hip-Hop. I think it’s time to pass the torch.

[pic - click to view]

http://allhiphop.com/blog .. /18583936.aspx

58 comments for "Kanye West's 20 Most Unforgivable Lines"

10 years ago '07        #2
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 luda_game_dre said:

This generally earnest, sincere Jay-Z tribute song on Graduation gets slightly hampered with this clunker. I’m no linguistics expert, but not sure how “Espanol” this one is. Kinda like saying you speak French by ordering a croissant at a diner.
that would be dumb considering croissants were founded in austria (vienna to be exact) yea imma nerd lol... but yea this sh*t is funny and imma kanye fan... but alotta ppl say corny sh*t... lol... especially when they run out of sh*t to talk about...
 10 years ago '04        #3
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,812 | Props total: 1164 1164
so many aunties we could have a aunti team????
 10 years ago '06        #4
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
^i hate that line.
 10 years ago '04        #5
johnblaze05 
space
space
$416 | Props total: 0 0
 JugernoT said:
probably one of his worst lines imo. :thumbsdow I always get irritated when I hear it.
 10 years ago '04        #6
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
She telling me about how black people should enterprise
And I'm like, if you don't get your a.ss in this ride from enterprise
 09-13-2007, 03:56 PM         #7
luda_game_dre  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hhaha lol^
 09-13-2007, 03:59 PM         #8
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
13. "Back in my mind, I'm like damn no way/Translate Espanol, No way Jose." – “Big Brother”

SOmetimes I wonder y I even attempt to listen to this n*gga.
 10 years ago '05        #9
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
 JugernoT said:
gayest line ive ever heard in my entire life
 10 years ago '06        #10
j-gip 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,330 | Props total: 573 573
 CTre said:
lmfao
 10 years ago '04        #11
okiWHITE 
space
space
space
$495 | Props total: 0 0
id do anything for a blonde dyke.
 10 years ago '04        #12
R-Geezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$978 | Props total: 1 1
 CTre said:
what song did he say that on?

I think line should have been on the list,
"My apologies, are you into astrology
Cause I'm, I'm tryin to make it to Uranus"

This has to be one of Kanye's worst lines.

Last edited by R-Geezy; 09-13-2007 at 04:17 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #13
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
 R-Geezy said:
"Apologize".. its a unreleased track.. that was gonna be on college dropout I think

its cool song despite that line though
 10 years ago '06        #14
insert.cliche 
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 8 8
aunti-team... i cringed real bad when i heard that sh*t the 1st time...

is it me or is this guy trying too hard to be the greatest rapper ever? like can't he be content to be the greatest rapper ever to wear a pink polo and use a teddy bear as a mascot? is that not good enough?
 10 years ago '04        #15
johnblaze05 
space
space
$416 | Props total: 0 0
 R-Geezy said:
"Apologize" It's on Freshman Adjustment...a mixtape ye had put out around the time of The College Dropout
 10 years ago '07        #16
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,408 | Props total: 21555 21555
 thehogue... said:
that would be dumb considering croissants were founded in austria (vienna to be exact)
str8 ether!
 09-13-2007, 06:00 PM         #17
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JugernoT said:
...i don't know how that's not on here...cuz that P.H.D. sh*t was hot...
 10 years ago '05        #18
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,206 | Props total: 11809 11809
18. “Have you ever popped champagne on a plane while getting some brain?/Whipped it out, she said ‘I never seen snakes on a plane.’” – “Good Life”

Not horrible, but this one seems a bit forced. Why not just go all out and set up the line with, “Have you ever brought a snake on a plane…”

Cause Snakes on a Plane was a recent movie maybe????

I hope u aint type this yoself cuz dats a lotta hate
 10 years ago '05        #19
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,206 | Props total: 11809 11809
 MFDoom1991 said:
lmao i remember that guru line

I want Guru himself to explain his thesis on this line.

The only thing he can say was "man i was high"
 10 years ago '04        #20
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,972 | Props total: 211 211
I dunno, if you ask me - this is another irrelevant, waste-of-time discussion.

For what/who Kanye is...he's more lyrical than alot of other emcees out there. And realistically, EVERY emcee has 'filler' lines. You can do one of these lists for every emcee out there.

So, I don't see the point....I'm sure ratio-based, Kanye has A LOT more hot 'aw damn'-invoking lines, to 'not so good' lines.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
194 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago