NFL Determines Pats broke rules/ Other players/teams speak out

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-12-2007, 10:38 PM         #141
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Uppin for the morons who can't find it
 10 years ago '06        #142
DonJuan8 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,510 | Props total: 69 69
^^^
I see u deleted the Patriots thread with all the crazy pics
U mad?

[pic - click to view]

09-12-2007, 10:56 PM         #143
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 garrett said:
 10 years ago '04        #144
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 541 541
 Maroon_Tiger said:
amen... its only right to to an asteric on their records, history, and rings.... if barry bonds gets the treatment, so does bill and brady and co.
damn you're still mad that our team is better than yours... @ you f*g
 09-12-2007, 11:15 PM         #145
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Every ones coming out now.
 10 years ago '06        #146
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Lol funny thing is that we'll STILL stomp on whoevers favorite team after this little fu*k up.....don't worry, i'd be mad too
 09-12-2007, 11:36 PM         #147
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
it's UNTIL

jesus christ...

I'm sorry I didn't know we had an English teacher here. Here is something I know you have heard before.. you=fag**t.. NY stills salty Boston sports been sh*tting on them forever.
 10 years ago '05        #148
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
Jets coach Eric Mangini may get a ticker-tape parade down Broadway for standing up to Bill Belichick and exposing him as a cheater by using inside information to humiliate his former boss.

The Patriots, with their three Super Bowls this decade, are the NFL's answer to baseball's Evil Empire in the Bronx. It's certainly part of Mangini's job description to take down the Pats. He learned well from Belichick how to use every piece of information to his advantage.

But one source, who was with the Jets during the time Mangini was an a.ssistant to Belichick in New England, is turned off by his self-righteous approach to video spying.

"Here is the sad part," the ex-Jets source said. "When Mangini was defensive coordinator for the Patriots, they were doing it. It's like crying wolf. He was a part of that mess. Now he's on the opposite side. Now he's saying they can't do it. Wait a minute. You were part of that staff. He's on the same team. He didn't go and tell Bill, 'We can't do that.'"

Mangini was a young a.ssistant coach in New England who owed his career to Belichick. He was not about to tell him how to run his team or warn him he was breaking NFL rules. But when Mangini was in position to use it against Belichick, he jumped at it. That's makes him a hero to Jets fans, who will never forgive Belichick for quitting after one day as the HC of the NYJ.

Why didn't Mangini nail Belichick when the Jets played the Patriots three times last year, including in the playoffs? Belichick is a master at mind games - what do you think that handshake silliness is all about? Mangini missed an opportunity last year to get inside his mentor's head. But he's made up for it now.

It was foolish for Belichick to continue to try to steal the Jets' signals once Mangini became their head coach. Obviously, Belichick knew that Mangini knew. And why take that kind of chance when Mangini had inside information and the Jets' security director is a former FBI special agent? Try it out on anybody but Mangini, who is getting even with Belichick for the condescending way he has treated him the last year.

"I'll put it this way: That's not the only team that has ever done that," one head coach said yesterday. "It's a bunch of nothing. That stuff goes on everywhere. It ain't like it's something new. Are you kidding me? Half the teams do that crap. We've never done it here, but I've been involved in staffs that have done it."

The Jets were aware of Belichick's passion for video espionage long before Mangini came back to the Jets. Crossing the line to find an edge is apparently nothing new for Belichick.

A few years ago, when Herm Edwards was coaching the Jets and Mangini was working for Belichick in New England, the Jets coaching staff noticed a Patriots employee on the sideline pointing a video camera at the Jets coach who was sending in the defensive calls with hand signals.

The Jets coaches reacted by smiling for the Patriots camera and stopped just short of saying, "Hi, Bill."

"At times, we would wave at the guy that was filming over there," a Jets source, who is no longer with the team, said yesterday. "We just gave false signals and waved at the camera. I don't know if they picked up our signals or not. We didn't really worry about it too much. We didn't make a big deal out of it. Sometimes we would just send a guy in with the play instead."

It's hard to accept that everybody does it, but only Belichick had the misfortune to get caught. It would be like a player who is caught using steroids trying to talk his way out by saying so many others are beating the test. The NFL has rules against cheating. Belichick, who said yesterday he already has spoken with Roger Goodell, issued an apology to everybody in the Patriots organization without apologizing for anything specific.

"It's childish with the Jets and the Patriots," one coach said. "When the Jets cut a guy, New England brings him in and interrogates him. When the Patriots cut a guy, the Jets bring him in and interrogate him."

Belichick won three Super Bowls in four years. Did he do it by cheating? This is not the NCAA, so the NFL is not repossessing the Vince Lombardi trophies. But if he was stealing the Rams' defensive signals, did that contribute to the second greatest upset in Super Bowl history when New England beat St. Louis, 20-17, after the 2001 season?

"If he did steal signals in that game, he didn't do a very good job," said Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, the Rams coach at the time. "Going into the last drive, they had 100 yards of offense. He got the wrong signals. If he had our defensive signals, it didn't help him much."

The Patriots actually had 214 yards going into the 53-yard drive for the winning field goal on the last play of the game. Tom Brady's offense managed only one TD, 15 first downs and was 2-for-11 on third down. Belichick won two more Super Bowls in the next three years.

"He won legitimately," Martz insists. "Those players had to line up and play and win those games. And they did."

One good thing for Belichick: He's good with electronic equipment. When he gets out of coaching, he can get a job selling camcorders.

SOURCE:

Not saying it's right but all teams in the league try to get the upper-hand on every game, and for organizations to say they don't are bullsh*ting. sh*t they had an entire special a few months back on NFL Network w/ coaches telling stories about getting playbooks and sh*t like that, sad thing is that we just got caught and since apparently we're the most hated team in the NFL all the other teams are trying to bury else.

Last edited by LVuittonDon4EVA; 09-13-2007 at 08:18 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #149
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
its probly a lot of teams that do it

u jus have 2 change ur hand signals
 10 years ago '07        #150
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
source?
 10 years ago '05        #151
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
 gorilla_proof said:
source?
 10 years ago '04        #152
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,531 | Props total: 5114 5114

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #153
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
The hand signals would only have an effect on offense. Check the Pats resume and they never been an explosive offense but they didn't need to, they always had an great defensive scheme. Theres many ways to view it though cause defenses tend to play better when the team has the lead, so if Pats get on the board first I'll admit, thats a huge advantage. Belichick is still the man, his defensive schemes are untouchable!!!
 10 years ago '07        #154
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Mangini's just mad he got his a.ss whooped.
 10 years ago '07        #155
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 wr8201 said:
its probly a lot of teams that do it

u jus have 2 change ur hand signals
it is alotta teams that do it ... to gain an advantage over their competition... they said hines ward knew about it too... thats stupid as hell not saying anything about it when you knew... but as a fan of sports this isnt trivial to me i could careless... its called competitive sports... id do sh*t to get an upper advantage on my comp... besides roids lol... ppl need to stop whining...
 10 years ago '07        #156
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter said he feels cheated.

The way he figures, if the New England Patriots cheated by videotaping opposing coaches Sunday in an effort to steal defensive signals, maybe they spied the same way to beat Pittsburgh twice in AFC title games when Porter played for the Steelers.
More in Sports

"You think it was their first time doing that?" he asked Wednesday. "Nah. That's just the first time they got caught." The league is investigating the Patriots after NFL security confiscated a video camera and tape from Patriots video a.ssistant Matt Estrella while he was working on the sideline of the New York Jets, who lost 38-14 in the teams' opener.

Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to consider disciplinary action that could include the loss of draft picks or the suspension of coach Bill Belichick.

Belichick, who is preparing to face San Diego on Sunday night in the weekend's marquee match-up, said Wednesday that he was sorry about the uproar.

"Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players,'' he said.

Porter, who signed with Miami on March 7 after eight seasons in Pittsburgh, said he has been suspicious of the Pats for a long time.

"New England went from not being a good team to being a powerhouse," he said. "Now I have a question." His Steelers lost to New England in the championship games after the 2001 and '04 seasons.

"I don't know if they've been stealing plays since then," he said.

Now, Porter wants justice, a.ssuming the league confirms that the Patriots broke the rules.

"People take a supplement that has a little more caffeine in it and they call that cheating and suspend you four games for that," he said of the NFL substance-abuse policy. "But these guys are videotaping our signals from the sidelines ...?" Last year, the Patriots were involved in a high-tech controversy with the Dolphins, but with the Patriots the alleged victims.

Two Miami players said the team had obtained videotapes that included audio of quarterback Tom Brady's calls. The Dolphins studied the tapes to learn his tendencies before their game Dec. 10. Miami rolled 21-0, sacking Brady four times and limiting him to 78 yards passing.

Belichick downplayed the incident, saying, "Technology, that's not really my thing. I can barely turn the computer on and off." Now, it seems Belichick and his staff have applied a modern approach to the age-old practice of stealing signs.

"A lot of times when the signals are called on the sideline, you see people looking over trying to steal calls," Dolphins defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday said. "I've never heard about videotaping signal calls - not to say it doesn't go on." To protect themselves, coaches have developed countermeasures, some quite simple.

"Why do you think coaches hold the playsheet up in front of their mouths when they talk?" said CBS analyst Dan Dierdorf, a Hall of Fame offensive lineman. "(Opponents) get lip readers to see what's he is saying." Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said most teams have several people, including so-called "dummy signalers," send in a play call.

"We addressed that a long time ago," Cameron said. "We have a plan." The NFL competition committee has proposed that one defensive player per team have a radio transmitter in his helmet, like the quarterback, to allow communication during the game. The measure was two votes shy of approval at the NFL owners meetings in March.

Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas, who calls the defense in the huddle, doesn't like the idea.

"I'm old school," he said. "We do so much hitting that thing will pop loose, anyway." Holliday wondered whether New England risked sanctions for trickery that might not even pay off. He said the defense receives its signals moments before the offense lines up. Since the quarterback's radio shuts off with 15 seconds on the play clock, he would have to look to the sideline to learn the defensive call and then change the play.

"It would hard to coordinate all of that," Holliday said.

Defensive end Jason Taylor wondered why the Patriots would even bother.

"New England doesn't need to, they're so good," he said.

Source:
 10 years ago '07        #157
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
lol joey porter is dumb... and they said hines ward said he knew about it .. but why didnt he speak up... ... as a fan of sports i really dont care... like brett favre said even if you knew the plays you still had to execute em properly... and i dont even like the patriots but any idiot knows theyre a good team... spying or not... sh*t is gay...
 10 years ago '07        #158
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 thehogue... said:
lol joey porter is dumb... and they said hines ward said he knew about it .. but why didnt he speak up... ... as a fan of sports i really dont care... like brett favre said even if you knew the plays you still had to execute em properly... and i dont even like the patriots but any idiot knows theyre a good team... spying or not... sh*t is gay...
everyone knows they're a good team...but shyt like this gotta make u question the how good the coaching was in the 1st place..remember...after having a star QB in brady NE was remembered for their coaching and decisions on both sides of the field...shyt...they didn't have a star wr yet or a star rb...just a qb and coaching
 10 years ago '07        #159
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Bigakathebeast said:
everyone knows they're a good team...but shyt like this gotta make u question the how good the coaching was in the 1st place..remember...after having a star QB in brady NE was remembered for their coaching and decisions on both sides of the field...shyt...they didn't have a star wr yet or a star rb...just a qb and coaching
wow so belechick aint a good coach?! the pats aint even my team but you serious w/ that lol... i mean they have lost b4 lol... and i HIGHLY doubt they spied during superbowl... but hey thats just me ... or spied the year they didnt make the playoffs right after they won the superbowl the year b4 lol... this whole issue is dumb...
 09-13-2007, 09:53 AM         #160
NickthaQuick1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whatever. so they cheated... if it takes away from anything is maybe Bellecheck's legacy.. the players, whether they knew what was coming or not, still had to make the plays.... if anyone things the pats' talent is less dominant than before it strait up dumb
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy