Sep 10 - Kanye West: MTV Exploited Britney & Me

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-10-2007, 08:53 PM         #41
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black Moses said:
Source:

"I'm engaged, and I feel like it's disrespectful to my relationship," West says of Anderson's remarks, which he claims the network a.ssured him would not happen.
and songs like Drunk and Hot Girls are not disrespectful to his relationship???
 09-10-2007, 08:54 PM         #42
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Birdmane said:
yeah they set her a.ss up fa sho cause as soon as Britney walked her big a.ss off stage she came out and roasted her a.ss flavor flav style.
Yea, I don't like Britney's music but it's fu*ked up how they take advantage of her situation like that. She has problems, obviously.

Last edited by Quasi; 09-10-2007 at 08:56 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #43
sotaboy_34 
space
space
space
$171 | Props total: 1 1
Kanye always been one to complain when things don't go his way and I'm down wit that cuz I can imagine commin from nuthin to sumthin and wanted sh*t done my way especially if they promote it like they promoted Kanye...As far as that brittney sh*t...yea that was bogus who honestly thought she would do okay.
 10 years ago '07        #44
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
 80sbabyent said:
I feel bad for yall guys thats sayin hes a crybaby, it must suck to never have had that level of passion for something that kanye has.
i might actually have to co sign to this one.
 10 years ago '04        #45
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Kanye is absolutely correct.
 10 years ago '05        #46
freemusic man 
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 175 175
kanye go the mad cheese award so he should be happy lol
 09-10-2007, 09:37 PM         #47
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I FEEL HIS PAIN. THEY PLAYED HIM BUT AT THE SAME TIME, AS A PROFESSIONAL, HE SHOULD BE BIGGER THAN THE NETWORK & KEEP PUSHING. MTV IS OUT TO MAKE THE HOT DOLLAR & HE IS THE TYPE THAT DOES HAVE A PASSION FOR THE BUSINESS. I WOULDNT GIVE THEM THE PLEASURE OF HEARING ME COMPLAIN. U SAY "MAYBE NEXT TIME" & WAIT TO MAKE MILLIONS OFF UR ALBUM IN A FEW DAYS.

THEY USED BRIT TO BREAK THE ICE & AT THE SAME TIME, MAYBE BROKE HER. THATS WHAT THE MEDIA DOES THOUGH. OPENING ACTS ARE MORE LIKE SHOCK & AWE. THIS WAS THAT BUT IN A NEGATIVE SENSE. THEY DONT CARE, THEY JUST WANTED TO ENSURE THAT PEOPLE WATCH THE RERUN FROM NOW TILL SPRING
 10 years ago '05        #48
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 1539 1539
I really don't understand why hes so mad. I do think he would've been a better opening act, but he was all over the VMAs. I think I saw him perform at least 3 times. Maybe more. To me performing in those suites would be a lot better for the real fans, all the people out by the main stage were celebs. Saying you don't want to work with MTV anymore is pretty dumb. He has got to realize that a huge portion of his fans watch MTV.
 09-10-2007, 10:05 PM         #49
synonomous 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I must say that i'm feeling Kanye's album more than 50's and I don't think he should of voiced all of that so soon and just shunned mtv for the non sense they feed the veiwers at home. I was kinda up set that certain ppl were in the bull sh*t suites like Kanye and 50 b/c they are the ones with the most hype out there and they belittled them a bit. As for Britney they could of stopped the crap from the get go with all the damn practices and book kayne, 50, justin, or even better chris brown to jump hte show off on a good note
 10 years ago '04        #50
fmills15 
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
damn. kanye sucked tommy lee d*ck
 10 years ago '04        #51
KIngJames23 
space
space
$272 | Props total: 5 5
You think he's crying now? wait till the end of the week when he loses to Fif!!
 09-10-2007, 10:26 PM         #52
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First of all i dont feel sorry for any of these clowns or I would actually buy their fu*kin album...they make a ridiculous amount of cake and honestly haven't delivered sh*t since they're name has grew the smallest amount of a buzz...

MTV handed plenty of artists an opportunity to grow on a silver platter...and some fell flat on their face as expected...not the fault of MTV by any means

I lived in Vegas, and I honestly think where and how his performance went was perfect and I think the suite he did his show from was better and would have been better than being on stage...and if you've been there you would see the reason why

Kanye is a great producer and average lyricist who needs to hop off his own d*ck and understand that its all about advertisement and marketing otherwise they wouldn't even have the arists show up...they'd mail them their awards...

Ye and Timbaland were the only reason to even keep me watchin the sh*tty awards over the sh*tty giants/cowboys game...so MTV should be proud they put together a good award show FINALLY and kept the focus on the musician [although most lip-synced]

I really think MTV make a great attempt at turning the VMA's into what it SHOULD be all about and the only people that made and will make this recent event negative
is the artists themselves...

Props to Justin Timberlake for stressin MTV to PLAY MORE VIDEOS...seeing it is Music TeleVision....and these bullsh*t/staged reality shows on music stations are the reason music sales are at an all-time low
 10 years ago '04        #53
Soulcontrollah|M 
space
space
$1,183 | Props total: 0 0
Fu*k Kanye West, it's the same old story. He didn't win some stupid awards, and people aren't kissing his a.ss, so now he has to throw a temper tantrum over it. And as far as Britney Spears goes, nobody put a gun to her head to perform. If she wasn't ready to perform on national TV, then she shouldn't have gone through with it. Kanye West is a pathetic crybaby, and Britney Spears needs professional help at this point. The hell with them both.

Last edited by Soulcontrollah; 09-10-2007 at 10:44 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #54
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 JoeDoe22 said:
Am I the only one that hopes his album flops so he can give his ego a rest?
all music artists have big egos even if they say they dont... deal w/ it...
 10 years ago '06        #55
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 345 345
that n*gga didnt want to perform in a private suite. fu*k that he wanted to open up rocking the crowd. he k!lled the suite but come on. honestly would jay perform in a suite hell no. mtv has been fu*king over this n*gga for ever. even back to college drop out. they would play ten seconds of his video but interview him every damn week. same thing with late registration, they wouldnt play gold n*gga cuz it said white girl. mtv doesnt even play videos anymore. i dont blame him for not dealing with them anymore. and so what if he complains and bi*chs, this n*gga is doing it like serious. u cant sit here and say 50 is that passionate about music. i mean come on they let britney perform, she is trash and is on fu*king drugs. you dont put people on tv thats on drugs. mtv isnt even watchable no more. no good shows and it doesnt support black music, they just bring artist up to new york, play they video one time and after that its straight white music.
 10 years ago '04        #56
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
^^u must not have mtv jams
 10 years ago '07        #57
MCR 
space
space
$215 | Props total: 0 0
i remember when he didnt get album of the year the first and second time and he bi*ched and cried about it. for months lol
 10 years ago '07        #58
dcdc 
space
space
space
$33 | Props total: 0 0
britney=fail
 09-11-2007, 12:48 AM         #59
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micwrecka said:
^^ no fu*k THAT! if you lose you lose. you are supposed to be a professional. ANYONE who crys and bi*ches about NOT winning is a little sore losing bi*ch.

besides, why all the dumb sh*t? the award will just sit in some case somewhere anyways. besides, i would MUCH RATHER win a grammy than a dumb a.ss MTV video award.
No fu*k that if you feel you been cheated speak up. I'm proud of him stepping up against MTV but he will lose that battle BET won't play him, his best luck is MTV.
 09-11-2007, 12:51 AM         #60
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shame on you n*gga for defending MTV, come on they make black people look terrible, they play a.ss music and feed into some terrible sterotypes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago