Sep 10 - Kanye West: MTV Exploited Britney & Me

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1
6801 pageviews
125 comments

Black Moses 
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
Sep 10 - Kanye West: MTV Exploited Britney & Me

Source:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.people.com

Kanye West, never known for holding his tongue, is railing against MTV after leaving empty-handed from Sunday's Video Music Awards, charging that the network misled him – and also exploited Britney Spears.

"They exploited Britney in helping to end her career," West told deejay JJ at New York radio station Z100 on Monday. "When Britney was opening [the VMA telecast], near the end, I felt so bad for her. I said, 'Man, it's a dirty game. This game will chew you up and spit you out.'" (Listen to the interview here.)

The rapper doesn't just take umbrage with the handling of Spears, whose performance has been maligned by critics and fans alike.

West tells Z100 he felt misled and "betrayed" by the network, and has promised to never work with MTV again. The rapper says he's already cancelled planned appearances on TRL to promote his new album Graduation. Specifically, West takes issue with the way performances were set up – that he should have performed on the main stage and not from a private suite where many artists performed for small groups of fans throughout the telecast.

"I wasn't mad that I just didn't win any awards," West says. "For me, [MTV] made it seem like performing on the main stage was a bad thing, and the suites were just so great. It was my dream when I made 'Stronger' to open up the VMAs with a real power performance.

"And I just feel like I got betrayed by them," the rapper continues. "I feel like they tried to make it seem like I was so into everything that was going on in the show."

Another sticking point: Pamela Anderson's racy introduction on the telecast. (Anderson appeared in a music video for West's single "Touch the Sky."] Before West performed "Good Life" from his suite, the former Baywatch star told viewers, "One of the best times I've ever had was making out with the next performer in the middle of the desert. I think I had my tongue so far down his throat I could taste his fiancée – and I might need a repeat performance later tonight."

"I'm engaged, and I feel like it's disrespectful to my relationship," West says of Anderson's remarks, which he claims the network a.ssured him would not happen.

When JJ pointed out that West was being pretty blunt by speaking out against MTV, the rapper responded in a characteristically unapologetic fashion: "I have a connection in the fans' heart that the press can't stop."

There was no immediate response from MTV. Stay tuned

125 comments for "Sep 10 - Kanye West: MTV Exploited Britney & Me"

10 years ago '07        #2
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
Kanye is tight but damn. He is a fu*king crybaby
 10 years ago '07        #3
JoeDoe22 50 heat pts50
space
space
$4,117 | Props total: 230 230
Am I the only one that hopes his album flops so he can give his ego a rest?
 10 years ago '04        #4
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
true about him and britney tho, regardless.
 10 years ago '04        #5
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
wow...i must have missed that part with Pam Anderson
 10 years ago '04        #6
Salty Nuts 
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 0 0
damn Kanye complain about everything.
 09-10-2007, 06:02 PM         #7
micwrecka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he is trying to justify his actions. plenty of us already know he is a docuhe bag and many MORE people realized that after last night and hearing about his tantrum.

MY AVITAR GOES OUT TO KANYE!!!

<<--------------------------
 09-10-2007, 06:03 PM         #8
Playboysoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its hard sometimes to believe this guy is 30.
 09-10-2007, 06:03 PM         #9
mdot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Smfh.
 10 years ago '06        #10
mrpriest469 
space
space
$2,341 | Props total: 12 12
This n*gga needs to seek therapy. He's got too many issues. He complains more than chicks do. Just waiting to see how his sales do next week and how he reacts to that.
 10 years ago '05        #11
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
how did they exploit britney?....they gave her an opportunity to flourish or fail....and she failed...not their fault she sucks and her performance was terrible....would mtv get the credit if her performance was incredible and helped jumpstart her comeback?...no....not that i care about any of this anyway cuz i couldnt watch more than 3 minutes of the vmas before i realized there isnt anything entertaining about it
 10 years ago '06        #12
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
kanye...u lost. life goes on. shut da f*ck up!!!!!
 10 years ago '07        #13
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,784 | Props total: 2399 2399
So many haters and they're so quick to hate. I see reason for him being PO'd at MTV for some of that sh*t.

I mean, if you don't win awards, that's too bad, but the Anderson thing and the Britney thing were pretty dirty.
 09-10-2007, 06:14 PM         #14
micwrecka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ no fu*k THAT! if you lose you lose. you are supposed to be a professional. ANYONE who crys and bi*ches about NOT winning is a little sore losing bi*ch.

besides, why all the dumb sh*t? the award will just sit in some case somewhere anyways. besides, i would MUCH RATHER win a grammy than a dumb a.ss MTV video award.
 10 years ago '05        #15
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 5 5
anyways...how bout them Cowboys?!
 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM         #16
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JoeDoe22 said:
Am I the only one that hopes his album flops so he can give his ego a rest?
people on his nuts and claiming he is the savior of hip hop made his ego that big

i dont know whats stupider.... that, or Lil Wayne winning a best rapper poll

10 years ago '05        #17
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 ElMarroAfamado said:
people on his nuts and claiming he is the savior of hip hop made his ego that big

i dont know whats stupider.... that, or Lil Wayne winning a best rapper poll

my vote is for u saying stupider
 10 years ago '07        #18
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,106 | Props total: 6316 6316
he takes what he's blessed with for granted

how many dudes would wish to perform on tv much less at the VMA's!?
THis year whether you like it or not ...they gave hip hop alot of shine here....Kanye had the most on screen time other than Justin timberlake ...and he stilll bi*ching?

I mean sure he didn't get the main stage but I mean he did BEFORE in previous VMA's

It's like he see himself so much bigger than what he is ....great artist but many dudes would love to have what he have...and he's sh*ttin on it like he could get more than that in the future....
 10 years ago '07        #19
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Damn Kanye how much whining are you going to do? Let it go.
 09-10-2007, 06:47 PM         #20
Street Novelist 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kanye needs to seek therapy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago