Sep 6 - Eddie Griffin Gets Pulled Off Stage For Using The N Word Too Often..

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM         #1
5648 pageviews
80 comments

Birdmane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 6 - Eddie Griffin Gets Pulled Off Stage For Using The N Word Too Often..

MIAMI (AP) - A standup routine by black comedian Eddie Griffin was stopped after he repeatedly used the N-word, a magazine's spokesman said Wednesday.

Griffin, who has appeared in movies such as "Undercover Brother" and "Date Movie" and the TV show "Malcolm & Eddie," was performing at a Black Enterprise magazine event in the Miami suburb of Doral on Friday when he was cut off after using profanities and the N-word, said Andrew Wadium, a spokesman for the publication.

"We believe that ending the performance was the appropriate action," Wadium said.

About 1,000 people registered for the performance.

Griffin's publicist, Jeff Abraham, didn't immediately return an e-mail and a call seeking comment.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who attended a meeting held by the magazine in Miami but not the performance, said the crowd gave an ovation to Earl Graves, the magazine's publisher, when he came on stage after the 39- year-old Griffin was pulled, according to a statement on the Web site of Sharpton's National Action Network.

The statement said Sharpton "expressed gratitude that the nation's pre-eminent magazine for African-Americans stands behind the efforts of National Action Network in getting rid of the N-word."

Public discussion on the word's use increased last year following a tirade by "Seinfeld" actor Michael Richards, who used it repeatedly during a Los Angeles comedy routine and later issued a public apology.

The issue about racially insensitive remarks heated up earlier this year after talk show host Don Imus described black members of the Rutgers University women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos" on April 4.

At its July convention in Detroit, the National a.ssociation for the Advancement of Colored People held a mock funeral for the word.

Black leaders, including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Sharpton, have challenged the entertainment industry and the American public to stop using the N-word and other racial slurs.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.breitbart.com/ .. show_article=1

80 comments for "Sep 6 - Eddie Griffin Gets Pulled Off Stage For Using The N Word Too Often.."

09-06-2007, 11:40 AM         #2
dipsetgrl022  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dang...didn't he crash an expensive a.ss car earlier dis year dat wasn't his? This just hasn't been his year so far...
 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM         #3
almcaffee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didnt they know he would use Nigguh a lot? Havent they ever seen his stand up before? Was this all a plot to get money from people to attend and then take the " African American pride" stance and get so exposure? Sounds a bit suspect to me, He always uses that type of language, that would be like inviting Dave Chapelle and expecting him not to curse or say nigguh.....
 10 years ago '06        #4
tpoker 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,423 | Props total: 179 179
its eddie fu*kin griffin
 10 years ago '04        #5
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
this whole trying to ban n*gga is going to far when can't be u in your stand up comedy it's a shame thank u krammer u racist fu*k.
 10 years ago '06        #6
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
thats like them pulling a lil kim off for saying b*tch too much
 10 years ago '07        #7
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 tpoker said:
its eddie fu*kin griffin
EXACTLY ... has anyone ever seen his stand up shows ... ppl need to catch up b4 they actually book ppl for sh*t ...
 10 years ago '07        #8
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 almcaffee said:
Didnt they know he would use Nigguh a lot? Havent they ever seen his stand up before? Was this all a plot to get money from people to attend and then take the " African American pride" stance and get so exposure? Sounds a bit suspect to me, He always uses that type of language, that would be like inviting Dave Chapelle and expecting him not to curse or say nigguh.....
LMAO they set that n*gga up ... sh*t was a booby trap...
 10 years ago '07        #9
dipset121 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 15 15
 dog4life said:
this whole trying to ban n*gga is going to far when can't be u in your stand up comedy it's a shame thank u krammer u racist fu*k.
co-sign
 10 years ago '04        #10
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
Didn't anyone even told him? If not then that's some setup bullsh*t if you ask me. Steve Harvey is known well ahead of time if he's performing comedy in front of Christian folks who don't wanna hear any profane language that he's capable of spittin out. If you just grabbed Eddie & say "MAKE EM LAUGH!! XD " he's gonna do what he usually does. With that said, IF he had any notice before hand then perhaps this was coming, but really I don't think we're getting the whole story & dude was possibly setup
 10 years ago '05        #11
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
He's a damn comedian. He can say whatever the hell he wants. If anyone has seen his standup they should know that he says the N word alot.
 10 years ago '04        #12
JayR04 112 heat pts112
space
space
$10,947 | Props total: 5711 5711
 dog4life said:
yea i dunno whats gon happen in blk comedy if u cant say n*gga.
 10 years ago '04        #13
jomarie 
space
space
$728 | Props total: 1 1
(steps back from the computer,pauses... thinks about what the world is coming too & then :hang:)
 10 years ago '06        #14
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
 almcaffee said:
Exactly!! The thing is, when blacks call each other "n*gga" it was cool because they felt as though we was clowining ourselves but when white kids from "Montana" begin saying "n*gga" amongst themselves, they decide that it has gotten out of control now and want it ended. Samething with baggy jeans!!

Last edited by Nugen2384; 09-06-2007 at 01:35 PM..
 09-06-2007, 01:50 PM         #15
ILLMATIC_RIDAH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man thats like pulling off Andrew Dice Clay for talking about s3x too much
 10 years ago '04        #16
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,677 | Props total: 6816 6816
 dog4life said:

....i coulda sworn that 50 or 60 yrs ago blacks were pissed for being called that, now we're pissed cuz we can't be called that. Some one wake me up, i gotta b dreamin.
 09-06-2007, 02:25 PM         #17
micwrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you know i never understood why people get angry or upset during a stand up comedy routine. i was at a comedy club once and the comic made fun of this guy in the audience and he got all pist. why? what the fu*k was he ever doing there??? the whole purpose is TO LAUGH!
 10 years ago '05        #18
playa_fly 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,393 | Props total: 6 6
 x Tha Arkitek x said:

....i coulda sworn that 50 or 60 yrs ago blacks were pissed for being called that, now we're pissed cuz we can't be called that. Some one wake me up, i gotta b dreamin.
I'm cool with using the N word but not white muthafu*kas calling me it in a racist way
 10 years ago '06        #19
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,460 | Props total: 2650 2650
 dog4life said:
but there is a line to it, if you use it as a sentence enhancer or what not its straight but if you use it every other line its annoying and it makes you look like an illiterate fool
 10 years ago '04        #20
Dramatick 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 5 5
it was a set up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago