Sep 6 - Timbaland, Jay-Z Sued Over 'Big Pimpin' Sample

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
196 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
151 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
the original song is from an arabic egyptian guy...not indian.

and JediKnight'sSon....the main melody on Big Pimpin was takin from the song. if you hear the original song it sounds almost identical

my mom listens to arabic music so i known this sh*t but i thought he cleared it
 10 years ago '04        #42
da_hustla 
space
space
space
$635 | Props total: 0 0
finally people have started to sue Timbaland. Beware, this is only the beginning because a huge amount of beats that Timbaland produced have been copied from other people's music.
 10 years ago '04        #43
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
damn timberlands bank account gone look like suge

hes been sampling since aaliyah's 2nd album
 10 years ago '04        #44
suthurnlatino 
space
space
space
$613 | Props total: 46 46
 teekarow said:
there is nothing wrong with sampling. . to the cats that say it is, i bet they themselves make some wack a.ss fruity loop beats. gtfoh. Is Dre Wack. He is the sample king. .....but you must pay for your Sh*t. thats where Tim fukked up. Many beat makers think they can disguise the sample. If you can, thats what really makes you tight.
9th wonder makes wack beats?
 10 years ago '06        #45
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
All the people on here that are sh*tting on timbo for getting sued are retarded... These fu*kin people are trying to sue for somethign that doesn't even belong to them either, it's a sample from an old a.ss egyptian song and I even rememberw atching the video and they had a little fact bubble that said "Did you know that the big pimpin beat was an egyptian beat?" Like wtf... this is hip hop, people make money off stealing from other people
 10 years ago '04        #46
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
Timbo and Dre....

Geez
 10 years ago '05        #47
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,927 | Props total: 6177 6177
First of all the producer can leave all the clearing of samples to artist and too the record companies. It just has to be stated in the contract or else the producer gets hit if someone comes after him.

That is why when you hear of any artist being sued for a sample the record company is always in the same lawsuit.

Big Time producers like Tim should be getting their samples cleared before selling a hot beat. But if the artist really wants it and you tell them the samples aint clear its on the artist but it has to be the contract.

I am betting the amount of royalties a producer gets is based on how much it cost to get the sample cleared and what not. I am not sure just guessing.

Last edited by Quddus; 09-09-2007 at 08:27 AM..
 09-09-2007, 08:22 AM         #48
MzGangstaGirl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Timbo is a beat jacker...he's getting sued left to right.

Scott Storch is laughing at Timbo
 09-09-2007, 08:45 AM         #49
Filthy_McNasty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 t1m_mcgrath said:
All the people on here that are sh*tting on timbo for getting sued are retarded... These fu*kin people are trying to sue for somethign that doesn't even belong to them either, it's a sample from an old a.ss egyptian song and I even rememberw atching the video and they had a little fact bubble that said "Did you know that the big pimpin beat was an egyptian beat?" Like wtf... this is hip hop, people make money off stealing from other people
the guy thats sueing him made the song that he stole the beat from...
 10 years ago '06        #50
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
u noticed its mostly old sh*t..
 10 years ago '04        #51
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,667 | Props total: 2195 2195
 suthurnlatino said:
9th wonder makes wack beats?
9th wonder samples with fl, not make them gay a.ss techno beats wit it. Timbaland nice wit it tho...he pick samples that make it sound like its his original song from scratch..but when u go back to hear it...its just like any other n*gga that took a loop and used it for the whole track. Timbaland might get sued another mid east sample tho

Shereen - Aal Saaban Aalih (Fabolous - Make Me Better)
abdul halim hafez - Khosara (Name of the big pimpin sample)
 10 years ago '04        #52
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,667 | Props total: 2195 2195
 stitch said:
Tim is officially the filthiest, dirtiest n*gga in the rap game.

Like dude said, this nasty a.ss fool gonna end up like Suge Knight.

Karma is a b.itch.

And stfu to all these ho n*ggas on that "Oh it's sampling hip hop was built off it."

n*gga please.

I ever see you in the streets I'm gonna "sample" everything in your wallet.
yo name some hot a.ss beats thats not from samples...majority of the nicest producers use samples
 09-09-2007, 10:20 AM         #53
morenaso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im starting to lose respect for timbaland. I used to like his music until i found out that he samples alot. Scott Storch said that Timbaland would sample drums to make his music tight. People need to produce their own sh*t.
 09-09-2007, 10:29 AM         #54
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stitch said:
Tim is officially the filthiest, dirtiest n*gga in the rap game.

Like dude said, this nasty a.ss fool gonna end up like Suge Knight.

Karma is a b.itch.

And stfu to all these ho n*ggas on that "Oh it's sampling hip hop was built off it."

n*gga please.

I ever see you in the streets I'm gonna "sample" everything in your wallet.

Then I'll be glad to sample off some bullets in your chest.

It's just sampliing if you make the sample way different then what it was in the begining like 9th sometimes, Timbo on his A game, then you shouldn't have to pay.

Sampling is just taking something that isn't hip-hop and making that. Plus when you pay for a sample the people of which you sampled from won't see a dime of it. Paying for a sample is just another classic case of making the record companies richer.

Last edited by Domic462; 09-09-2007 at 10:31 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #55
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,677 | Props total: 23157 23157
 demon9991 said:

It's the producer's job to get the clearance..............lmao at Jay getting clearances................
no actually it's the label's job to make sure the sample is cleared and the business is correct behind it before they release the song on cd to the public and gain funds from it.

producers can sell the beat without the sample being cleared and leave it for the artist to clear it with his label. If he had correct paperwork notifying the artist that there was a sampled portion in the song prior to selling it, then it's not his problem. but in this case he probably might of did some handshake deal with jay saying here's the beat it's a sample and didnt provide such info on contract. Then again he might had his papwerwork correct and he could be good, then its jay's problem.

it's all about that paperwork and business to cover ur a.ss in the end.
 10 years ago '04        #56
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 5400 5400
sh*t. it was worth it. its like do it and say sorry later. sounds like bush...robbing the middle east. lol.
 10 years ago '06        #57
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 Filthy_Mcnasty said:
the guy thats sueing him made the song that he stole the beat from...
thbe song was made in 1957.... they are being sued by the company that owns the "rights" to that little piece of the song... its a fu*king joke how long has the song been out for and now they are trying to cash in, thats what I'm trying to say. If you relaly wanted to you could go through and sue 75% of these producers and say that hey didn't come up with the original song and all this sh*t.. its a joke
 10 years ago '05        #58
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,469 | Props total: 2489 2489
sh*t is petty either way, just contact timbo and ask for a cut, wtf you gotta take it to court for....
 10 years ago '05        #59
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
More Money More Problems
 10 years ago '06        #60
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 teekarow said:
there is nothing wrong with sampling. . to the cats that say it is, i bet they themselves make some wack a.ss fruity loop beats. gtfoh. Is Dre Wack. He is the sample king. .....but you must pay for your Sh*t. thats where Tim fukked up. Many beat makers think they can disguise the sample. If you can, thats what really makes you tight.
That's one of the reasons Primo is my favorite producer...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago