Sep 6 - Timbaland, Jay-Z Sued Over 'Big Pimpin' Sample

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-06-2007, 03:24 PM         #21
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
I hope Tim wins too, who in America would listen to Indian or egyptian music?..My point exactly.

Tim>> Scott

It's not Tim's job to clear the sample Jay should of done it he knows Timbo samples besides the dude late as hell, their should be like a time limit on that or something, unless this article is old.

It's the producer's job to get the clearance..............lmao at Jay getting clearances................
 10 years ago '06        #22
25toLife 
space
space
$4,177 | Props total: 11 11
damn, again...n*gga shoulda just taken the time to clear it...
 10 years ago '06        #23
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
 Saint1 said:
you guys really don't know anything.

Tim sampled it and probably tried to clear it and went ahead anyway for two reasons:
1:he thought they wouldn't notice
2:An indian record company WOULD NOT EVER let a sample be cleared for a song about s3x and hos, do you all not know anything outside your neighborhood?

samples don't get cleared all the time, it's not just an ask and ok go procedure

and no Jay's not gonna go around clearing samples, be real, you think a rapper is gonna do extra paperwork?

Real talk my dude

Even 2Pac's dead a.ss can't get plenty of samples cleared with his original sh*t leading to mostly remixed albums.
 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM         #24
BaddNewZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 09-06-2007, 03:38 PM         #25
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 demon9991 said:

It's the producer's job to get the clearance..............lmao at Jay getting clearances................
Make a beat you sell it, give him/her all the informantion they need then the rest is up to them home boy.
 09-06-2007, 03:40 PM         #26
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Unitson said:
Real talk my dude

Even 2Pac's dead a.ss can't get plenty of samples cleared with his original sh*t leading to mostly remixed albums.
There weren't alot of beats to pac's original stuff they were added later, if you are refering to the things he had done before he died.
 09-06-2007, 03:44 PM         #27
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
Make a beat you sell it, give him/her all the informantion they need then the rest is up to them home boy.
You're still liable for any copyright violations, so get the sample clearances or don't sample other music at all, very simple.
 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM         #28
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 demon9991 said:
You're still liable for any copyright violations, so get the sample clearances or don't sample other music at all, very simple.
How is that? Sampled beats should be legal under the Fair Use Statute to at least sell to a rapper, after that then no.
 09-06-2007, 04:14 PM         #29
Juice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Caught up to ya timmy, i'm starting to question if he ever had any of those samples cleared.....DJ Paul & Juciy J would be in the same boat if they ever reached Timbo's Super Producer status.
i could be totally wrong but isnt it the artists job to have the sample cleared before the song is released to public?
 10 years ago '04        #30
B-Y-D 
space
space
$1,213 | Props total: 43 43
Tim spoke on this a while back, he use a beat he like and deal with the repercussions later he said.
 09-06-2007, 05:38 PM         #31
Hooksword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Make your own sh*t, damn.

I remember when Swizz got sued for using a pre-recorded melody from a keyboard. It was for "Down Bottom" I think.
 09-06-2007, 05:39 PM         #32
micwrecka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k timbaland
 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM         #33
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.. well atleast when hes broke from all these law suits keri wilson wont care if he has money.
 10 years ago '04        #34
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,250 | Props total: 716 716
there is nothing wrong with sampling. . to the cats that say it is, i bet they themselves make some wack a.ss fruity loop beats. gtfoh. Is Dre Wack. He is the sample king. .....but you must pay for your Sh*t. thats where Tim fukked up. Many beat makers think they can disguise the sample. If you can, thats what really makes you tight.
 10 years ago '04        #35
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Domic462 said:
It's actually up to the label to get clearances. They have multiple staff members dedicated to that sh*t. Anyway, the label wouldnt know to get the clearance unless the producer reveals that there is a sample and where the sample came from.
 10 years ago '07        #36
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,456 | Props total: 14877 14877
theres plenty of songs out there that got samples in it that havent been cleared the producer disguises like homey said

tim should of knew tho as big of a producers as he is
 10 years ago '05        #37
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,394 | Props total: 8071 8071
It is the producer's responsibility to make sure that the artist and label know that there is a used in the beat. The producer must also make sure the label knows the name of the song and the artist. It is then on the label and the artist to make sure the sample is cleared.
 10 years ago '07        #38
559player 
space
space
$483 | Props total: 0 0
dam again :banghead:
 09-06-2007, 06:33 PM         #39
JediKnight'sSon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ all the idiots in here hate on Tim....especialy all these girls...bi*ches dont know sh*t about production

the melodies he "steals" are just ONE element of the beat...a tiny part of the whole song. Not many people period can do what he does. Timbaland is one of the most amazing producer in the past 20 years period.

and like dude above said, its the labels job to clear the sample, who are we to say that Timbo told them the sample, but they didn't get it cleared?

This isnt the first time Rocafella slipped on sample clearance issues, remember how they forgot to clear the Lauryn Hill sample on College Dropout, , so kanye had to hurry and remake the track from scratch just before the album got pressed up.
 10 years ago '04        #40
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
he could have easly paid them off.. since he brags he gets a 500k a beat.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago