Tomlinson's New Helmet/Visor

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
16 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

14 years ago '05        #1
44581 page views
53 comments

R4P 
Props total: 5839 5 K  Slaps total: 584 584
Tomlinson's New Helmet/Visor

Got this off another board...

LaDainian Tomlinson doesn’t play in preseason games. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t doing anything uni-notable — it just means most of us can’t see what he’s up to. Fortunately, reader Ryan Luz — who happens to be an a*sistant equipment manager at U. of San Diego — has been paying close attention, and he’s noticed a some interesting new developments regarding LT’s headwear:

Okay, so you know what LT’s normal facemask and visor look like — just the standard dark tint and a standard three-bar facemask, like this. Within the last week or two, however, he began wearing a new at training camp. This new visor was reflective and blue.

Then he did something I’ve never seen before — well, two things, actually. First, he wore this new facemask that’s like nothing I’ve seen before. Just very odd, very unique, something I’ve never seen in all of my football equipment managing days.

But the weirdest thing isn’t the facemask. If you look closely at this photo again, you’ll see he’s wearing TWO visors. It appears as though he’s wearing the new blue, reflective visor underneath the old standard tinted visor. This is another thing I’ve never seen before.

Since LT doesn’t play preseason games, it’s not yet clear if this is just some practice thing, or if he will use this configuration in games. Meanwhile, I’m currently scouring the internet trying to find what type of facemask that is, but neither Schutt nor Adams shows that mask on their sites, and I’m 90% sure it isn’t a Riddell, because they stick mostly with the traditional masks.

Some quick background: Wearing a tinted visor requires special permission from the NFL (in Tomlinson’s case, it’s because he has a light-sensitivity condition that can lead to migraines), but nobody is allowed to wear a colored or reflective visor. Ronnie Brown, for example, was fined for wearing this sunburst-patterned visor in 2005. So is Tomlinson’s dual-visor setup a way for him to hide the contraband visor behind the kosher one? Bizarre.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/?cat=18
I like it personally, but then again Im the type of person who likes going against the grain and doing things different. Its also in the new ESPN mag if anyone has it, theres an upclose pic of it in there

best
worst
53 comments

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
Sony faces profit drop due to $70 games
211 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+311online now  10
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside HALLOWEEN k*llS (2021) | US Premiere
91 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-17online now  5
Video inside Didnt Know Rawls from The Wire was gay