Justin Timberlake more talented Usher??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
24 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #21
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
 Quasi said:
I was just thinking about these two when I finished watching Justin's concert. (Which bored me to death)

Vocally: Usher >>> Justin
Musically: Justin >>>>>>>>>>> Usher

Usher's albums sounds like typical r&b pop ballads. Usher has never made a CD that was original, creative, and put together well like Justin's latest. Yea, Confessions was good but Usher has done NOTHING to set himself apart musically.

Performance, Usher has a better stage show than Justin.

Justin wrote a majority of his number ones, Usher hasn't. Usher is an entertainer. The fact that Justin writes most of his sh*t and comes up with the melodies himself sets him apart. Usher dances and pop locks, and? So does Chris Brown, that doesn't make him more talented the sh*t already been done.

He's a great dancer, but the music is what matters.

Justin's pen game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Usher's

and LMFAO@ the idiot saying Usher paved the way. The fu*k, have you ever heard of Michael Jackson?
I like your use of ">"

Usher don't cut it for me anymore. I prefer JT musically and lyrically over Usher anyday, until Usher decides he wanna fu*king come back and take over like he did with 8701
 09-04-2007, 02:06 AM         #22
affinity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
. . . . until Usher decides he wanna fu*king come back and take over like he did with 8701
I'm worried about whether he'll be able to come with it with his next release. I've got a feeling that crazy @ss Tameka is going to f-k his career in more ways than one.
 10 years ago '04        #23
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
I have little faith he will be able to make a FULL comeback with material like Same Girl but eh, we'll see

That n*gga need some Chili in his life
 09-04-2007, 02:27 AM         #24
affinity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
I have little faith he will be able to make a FULL comeback with material like Same Girl but eh, we'll see

That n*gga need some Chili in his life
lol I know right?

Have you heard that Make it Rain track that is supposed to be on the new album? Not really sure if I'm feeling yet
 10 years ago '04        #25
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
 affinity said:
lol I know right?

Have you heard that Make it Rain track that is supposed to be on the new album? Not really sure if I'm feeling yet
Yeah, that track was boo boo

I hope he has a whole buncha wack sh*t planned out for his new album and all it leaks an he redoes all the tracks like what happened with 8701
 10 years ago '07        #26
infrared AJ6 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 3277 3277
isn't he droppin in november? usher i mean.
 09-04-2007, 10:20 AM         #27
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all actin' like Usher ain't got it no more or some sh*t. Dude always takes forever to release a new LP. To me, he's smart, he doesn't like to stay in the spotlight forever, therefore people don't see him all the time. So that keeps people wanting more from him, and also if you notice, he has a new album every 3-4 years, and I don't know if you knew, but it's been about 3-4 years since Confessions dropped, which means it's about that time for some new Usher. And I can guarantee that when his album drops, all you folks saying that Justin Timberlake is better, will be singin' a whole different tune....

Also note, that Usher's sales have gotten better each album.

Usher - Not even gold
My Way - 6xPlatinum
8701 - 9xPlatinum
Confessions - 12xPlatinum

Damn, they just keep getting better! That also means he even sells more than Justin, who has never gone diamond off a solo album....Dude has a great formula.
 09-04-2007, 11:52 AM         #28
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
justin timberlake > usher?? you must be smoking homeboy lol

also usher did a pretty good job acting in that movie "light it up"
 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM         #29
T i C a L 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apparentely no one has realized Usher has had Jermaine Dupri behind pretty much all of his big hits-- Lyrics and beats.

So stop saying "JT has had help from Timbo and The Neptunes"

Usher has had songs from the Neptunes as well---ex: U Dont Have To Call
 09-04-2007, 03:21 PM         #30
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T i C a L said:
Apparentely no one has realized Usher has had Jermaine Dupri behind pretty much all of his big hits-- Lyrics and beats.

So stop saying "JT has had help from Timbo and The Neptunes"

Usher has had songs from the Neptunes as well---ex: U Dont Have To Call
Yes, when will they realize Usher doesn't write most of his sh*t.
JT was writing number 1 hits for N'SYNC ("Gone", Girlfriend". "Pop") and wrote all of his songs on his latest album. Also the thread said who is more talented?.

JT - Guitarist, pianist, songwriter, dancer, vocalist, actor, producer

Usher - Dancer, songwriter, vocalist, actress

Alpha Dog >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In The Mix

Justin's 98 hairline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Usher's 98 hairline which touched his eyebrows.:applause:

Justin was in NSYNC so technically he has sold WAAAAAAAAAAY more albums than Ursha.

ruff said:
I like your use of ">"

Usher don't cut it for me anymore. I prefer JT musically and lyrically over Usher anyday, until Usher decides he wanna fu*king come back and take over like he did with 8701
Yea, but 8701 sucked. I didn't like it at all. He's going to have a hard time selling ever since he got married to that man, ditched his mother and all his fans.

Last edited by Quasi; 09-04-2007 at 03:23 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #31
thalegend77  OP
space
space
$88 | Props total: 0 0
 Quasi said:
JT was writing number 1 hits for N'SYNC ("Gone", Girlfriend". "Pop") and wrote all of his songs on his latest album. Also the thread said who is more talented?.

Justin's 98 hairline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Usher's 98 hairline which touched his eyebrows.:applause:

Justin was in NSYNC so technically he has sold WAAAAAAAAAAY more albums than Ursha.

Yea, but 8701 sucked. I didn't like it at all. He's going to have a hard time selling ever since he got married to that man, ditched his mother and all his fans.
LOL, I love how this turned into a who is better thread. It looks like Quasi's the only one that pays attention to detail :applause:...Props. I asked who was more talented not who was better. I honestly like both of them but I think JT is more talented musically and is way more creative. Just take a look at their two latest projects..sure Confessions was the sh*t but Futures3x was way more creative and pushed R&b to a new level...Usher even said it himself.
 10 years ago '04        #32
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
 Quasi said:

LMAO @ the hairlines

I agree with him having alotta problems topping his last albums sales but you seriously thought 8701 sucked? I think the only reason why Confessions got such good praise was cuz he picked some GOOD singles.. most of the album was filler but all around 8701 had hits

Anyways, too bad Ursh burnt bridges with Lil Jon.. woulda loved to of seen a 2008 "Yeah" or something like that
 10 years ago '04        #33
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
 Quasi said:

Winner :applause:
 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM         #34
affinity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Quasi said:

Quasi there is a major difference between WRITING and being a CO-WRITER which both Usher and Justin have done on their previous albums. Both have also been given co-production credit and also have been noted as the executive producers of their latest releases. Still, if you want to give Timberlake credit for being a co-writer for sacarine pop songs like Pop, Girlfriend and Gone that's cool, but it doesn't denote talent.

And of course a lot of his Usher's biggest hits are from producers who are currently well known (Jermaine Dupri, Neptunes). Practically every well known (with a few exceptions) R&B artist has asked the help of JD/Timberland/Neptunes to lend them a hand for a few tracks here and there, but not for practically entire albums. Did Usher get major help from Puff and Jermaine on his first two releases, of course, but the dude was still a teenager even when My Way came out. Releases like 8701 and Confessions show maturity from him and also a much more hands on approach from him and they are not dominated by one producer like Timberlake's are. On Confessions for example, I loved songs like Superstar (produced by andre harris/vidal davis) and Can you Handle It (produced by Thicke and Pro J) and Seduction (Jam and Lewis). Don't get me wrong, I love Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and Vidal/Dre Productions, but they aren't even close to Timbo right now.

Personally, I just don't think Timberlake would be as popular without the help and direction of Timberland. Could Timbo done the same thing with Robin Thicke? I really doubt it. But without Timerbland, JT would just be another R&B singer.
 10 years ago '07        #35
infrared AJ6 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 3277 3277
affinity.....preach brother preachhhhhhhhh !!!
 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM         #36
Playboysoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Justin > Usher by a long shot

Yea justin co-writes but he writes majority of the lyrics for his songs so its pretty much the exact same thing. Usher never writes sh*t. if he gets writing credits its probably the changing of a few words here and there. JD usually writes and produces all of usher's songs. He is less talented out of the two IMO.

Justin is more entertaining to watch live and I prefer his songs anyday over Usher.

Last edited by Playboysoldier; 09-07-2007 at 10:28 AM..
 09-07-2007, 11:57 AM         #37
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 affinity said:
Quasi there is a major difference between WRITING and being a CO-WRITER which both Usher and Justin have done on their previous albums. Both have also been given co-production credit and also have been noted as the executive producers of their latest releases. Still, if you want to give Timberlake credit for being a co-writer for sacarine pop songs like Pop, Girlfriend and Gone that's cool, but it doesn't denote talent.

And of course a lot of his Usher's biggest hits are from producers who are currently well known (Jermaine Dupri, Neptunes). Practically every well known (with a few exceptions) R&B artist has asked the help of JD/Timberland/Neptunes to lend them a hand for a few tracks here and there, but not for practically entire albums. Did Usher get major help from Puff and Jermaine on his first two releases, of course, but the dude was still a teenager even when My Way came out. Releases like 8701 and Confessions show maturity from him and also a much more hands on approach from him and they are not dominated by one producer like Timberlake's are. On Confessions for example, I loved songs like Superstar (produced by andre harris/vidal davis) and Can you Handle It (produced by Thicke and Pro J) and Seduction (Jam and Lewis). Don't get me wrong, I love Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and Vidal/Dre Productions, but they aren't even close to Timbo right now.

Personally, I just don't think Timberlake would be as popular without the help and direction of Timberland. Could Timbo done the same thing with Robin Thicke? I really doubt it. But without Timerbland, JT would just be another R&B singer.
But Usher's biggest hit's he had NOTHING do with them as far as writing. It doesn't matter if he had help with Timbaland. Chemistry is Chemistry, they both played a part in each others success. If it wasn't for Justin do you really think Timb would be working with Madonna and Bjork? Absolutely not. Do you think Timb would be working with Britney? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Timb wouldn't be a huge mainstream success if it wasn't for Justin.

This thread is about talent. JT isn't a a robot he came up with the concept for this album along with Timb. Usher has NEVER came up with anything as creative as Justin's latest. He didn't even write "Yeah" which was his biggest hit.

they are not dominated by one producer like Timberlake's are.
Your point? Why does it mater if JT worked with Timb on the majority of his album? It turned out to be a success.

Last edited by Quasi; 09-07-2007 at 12:19 PM..
 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM         #38
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
LMAO @ the hairlines

I agree with him having alotta problems topping his last albums sales but you seriously thought 8701 sucked? I think the only reason why Confessions got such good praise was cuz he picked some GOOD singles.. most of the album was filler but all around 8701 had hits

Anyways, too bad Ursh burnt bridges with Lil Jon.. woulda loved to of seen a 2008 "Yeah" or something like that
8701 had a few tracks I liked but it really did nothing for me. Yea, he was good with picking singles off the album but I skipped through most of it. I don't know if he's going too do good this time around. People are starting to dislike him very much. Shame one bi*ch can fu*k up your career. Poor him.
 09-07-2007, 12:26 PM         #39
Playboysoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh and if you don't believe Justin writes all his songs and only uses a few co-writers to tweak a few lyrics then i suggest you check out ASCAP and I also believe he owns he has his own publishing imprint.

Timbaland and Danja did help with concepts and lyrics etc.. but Justin did majority of his own writing and creating of concepts which Timbaland even stated himself in bunch of interviews (more recently.....the futures3x/lovetour concert they played on hbo this past monday with behind the scenes bonuses.)

Last edited by Playboysoldier; 09-07-2007 at 12:32 PM..
 09-07-2007, 02:26 PM         #40
affinity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Playboysoldier said:
Oh and if you don't believe Justin writes all his songs and only uses a few co-writers to tweak a few lyrics then i suggest you check out ASCAP and I also believe he owns he has his own publishing imprint.

Timbaland and Danja did help with concepts and lyrics etc.. but Justin did majority of his own writing and creating of concepts which Timbaland even stated himself in bunch of interviews (more recently.....the futures3x/lovetour concert they played on hbo this past monday with behind the scenes bonuses.)
I don't dispute that Timberlake has actually co-written his music, but I do dispute that he only uses a "few" co-writers, every track on his albums have multiple writers. And yes, I also knew that Justin holds publishing rights under Tennman Tunes. Any artist worth their salt (yeah I know, back in the day phrase, but it applies here) in the music business does so, even Beyonce has her own publishing imprint. Usher also has his own publishing imprint under UR-IV.

I would be very curious to see how much "help" Timbo/Daja gave with concepts and lyrics and I have a feeling that if it wasn't present, the album wouldn't even be close to what we heard on the release.

Last edited by affinity; 09-07-2007 at 02:55 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
188 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago