kanyeezy, you did it again! (Official Discussion)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #41
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,240 | Props total: 15794 15794
It will be......the same people who said CD wasn't a classic when it came out, are saying it now......the same people who said LR wasn't a classic when it came out, are saying it now.........

Honestly IMO, i think this is his best work.........
 10 years ago '05        #42
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 1046 1046
 Comic Book Guy said:
His first two albums were better. It's a good debate between those two CD's as to which ones better, but this one is not on the level they are.

He k!lls the intro, k!lls Big Brother, hes hot on The Glory, Everything I Am, Champion, we already know about Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothing and Barry Bonds. Drunk and hot girls and flashlights are good tracks but not classic material. What happens on boxden when a CD drops, everybody goes ape sh*t crazy and thinks its album of the year and a certified classic. This CD is gonna sell but it aint nothing compared to his previous two.

And I still stand by my statements that Kanye West is the savior of hip hop.

I agree, this album is nice, really nice, damn i can't front he comes with it. For a producer you know the sound is gonna be bananas (ohhhhh weeee that beat on that Barry Bonds sh*t is hot)

It has a more laid back vibe to it to behonest. But this is vintage music, it knocks for sure. Lyrically aint nothing special though; its just plain ole Kayne, the cd has brashness and swagger which makes it enjoyable to listen
 10 years ago '06        #43
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1102 1102
 Killamike79 said:
It will be......the same people who said CD wasn't a classic when it came out, are saying it now......the same people who said LR wasn't a classic when it came out, are saying it now.........

Honestly IMO, i think this is his best work.........
::looks at your sig::

well, your opinion is null and void. haha, just kidding, but naw, 4-6 classic songs on this cd wont make this cd, as a whole, a classic.
 10 years ago '07        #44
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,403 | Props total: 21551 21551
 Comic Book Guy said:
His first two albums were better. It's a good debate between those two CD's as to which ones better, but this one is not on the level they are.

He k!lls the intro, k!lls Big Brother, hes hot on The Glory, Everything I Am, Champion, we already know about Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothing and Barry Bonds. Drunk and hot girls and flashlights are good tracks but not classic material. What happens on boxden when a CD drops, everybody goes ape sh*t crazy and thinks its album of the year and a certified classic. This CD is gonna sell but it aint nothing compared to his previous two.

And I still stand by my statements that Kanye West is the savior of hip hop.
I think its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to decide that. Only internet heads have really listened to it anyway.
 10 years ago '06        #45
One Less Reason 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,394 | Props total: 804 804
I think it sh*ts on just about everything else to come out this year. I think it's too early to call it a classic (just as it is with every new big release). But I know what it is... it's just straight up good music. It's good that Kanye stays innovative and can stay in the mainstream eye with his style. This music is good for hip hop.

Now we wait for 50's sh*t to leak to see what he's come up with.
 10 years ago '06        #46
youngjersh14 
space
space
$841 | Props total: 1 1
"Common passed on this beat I made it to a jam" I don't use the term classic, because I think people forget what it means....means its of great stature and it's been around for a while, like a 67' nova...that's a classic. But what this album IS.....a 10/10, and I'm damn sure in 5 years I'll be bumping this sh*t still, hopefully along with another kanye cd or 2, hahahaha! With all that said, Kanye really is on a completely different level right now...I don't know who the fu*k is going to catch him, but it's gonna take a damn near flawless album, maybe his big bro Sure as fu*k won't be 50 cent...might be able to bump a few songs off that, but 50 is really getting boring.
 10 years ago '05        #47
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
how can you judge a cd thats retail version hasnt even leaked yet...by retail i mean the sh*t most ppl will be in stores...which means the dirty version
 08-30-2007, 10:33 AM         #48
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cartel-Clipz said:
I think its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to decide that. Only internet heads have really listened to it anyway.
@ ur avy
 10 years ago '06        #49
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1102 1102
yall gotta be kidding about this "wait to see how it hits you" theory.. yall tellin me when you first put on we major yall werent wilding the fu*k out?

ill give yall the benefit of the doubt and see how the street release goes. maybe i jumped the gun.

this sh*t is hot though

and to mattdog, how are you gonna try and say the clean and retail are different? theres less then 10 words blurred out, kanye doesnt swear that much. unless theres more tracks on the street, this clean is pretty much everything you need.
 10 years ago '04        #50
Meskalin 
space
space
$396 | Props total: 0 0
I was NOT wildin out when I first heard We Major

Sorry to disappoint
 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM         #51
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Meskalin said:

Sorry to disappoint
what part of queens you reppin?
 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM         #52
RobCrotch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Comic Book Guy said:
yall gotta be kidding about this "wait to see how it hits you" theory.. yall tellin me when you first put on we major yall werent wilding the fu*k out?
No, no I wasn't. It took me a few months to actually get down with "We Major." And as for LR, I immediately didn't like it, then a few days later I stopped over-analyzing it and now I love the album. I haven't listened to Graduation yet -- waiting for retail -- but I will certainly not judge until I've actually gave it consistent listens over a period of time. As for your opinion, that's yours and I respect that.
 10 years ago '05        #53
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
 Meskalin said:

Sorry to disappoint
lol i went ape sh*t when i heard we major, it stayed on repeat for atleast like a hour. i thought it was one of the most musical things i had ever heard. and still feel that way.

i'm about 4 tracks into this album and so far its bumpin, the I Wonder track is a tad weird towards the beginning but after the verses started it was tight.. but ima have to listen to the rest of it to make a good accurate opinion.
 08-30-2007, 11:03 AM         #54
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Comic Book Guy said:

ill give yall the benefit of the doubt and see how the street release goes. maybe i jumped the gun.

this sh*t is hot though

and to mattdog, how are you gonna try and say the clean and retail are different? theres less then 10 words blurred out, kanye doesnt swear that much. unless theres more tracks on the street, this clean is pretty much everything you need.
Naw n*gga sometimes you got to wait and let the Cd spin if you still spinining it 6 months or more after it dropped (hell into day rap age is more like 4 weeks) then it's a classic without you even knowing it. It's like that chick you aren't sure you should marry because you don't know if you can spend forever with her but you realize you just spend 7 seven years with her.
 08-30-2007, 11:25 AM         #55
MeAndMyRobot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cartel-Clipz said:
I think its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to decide that.
Damn right, how can you judge anything as a classic after its been out for only a few hours. One of the main things that makes an album classic is its longevity.
 10 years ago '05        #56
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
 benadreal said:
lol i went ape sh*t when i heard we major, it stayed on repeat for atleast like a hour. i thought it was one of the most musical things i had ever heard. and still feel that way.

i'm about 4 tracks into this album and so far its bumpin, the I Wonder track is a tad weird towards the beginning but after the verses started it was tight.. but ima have to listen to the rest of it to make a good accurate opinion.
damn, im sayin i only dislike 3 and a half songs out of 15. the other 11 and a half is on another level sh*t.

heres the songs i don't like and why:
bittersweet- his rhyme structure/beat did it for me. he was forcing rhymes like never before. i mean i can tolerate it, but it shouldn't have made the album.
homecomming- i didnt like chris martin on it, he made it feel too cheesy. besides that, the origional home sh*ts on this one. and i thought it was kind of lazy to just remake a track as opposed to making a fresh one.
drunk and hot girls-the verses arn't really bad, but the hook k!lled it for me.
waynes verse on barry bonds- wack a.ss verse. lately waynes been soundin drunk on every song (he probably is drunk on every song but still) and its just annoynign. he doesn't think about anything before he says it. wtf doesn't he ever just write anything? worst verse on the album.

the other 11 and a half tracks are all really nice though. i'm not calling it "classic" yet but its going to be in rotation for a while for me. and aside from UGK i havn't heard a better album yet, so it might take that for me, but who knows yet.
 10 years ago '06        #57
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4022 4022
Yup I agree. Heard it all and I was like It's still better than 90% of sh*t being released right now but it has a few skip-able tracks and I wouldn't call it a "classic." People throw that term around like it's nothing nowadays.
 10 years ago '07        #58
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
I dont like kanye at all, i think hes a mediocre rapper, and his voice is bad, i definitley liked his first two cds better then this one i think College Dropout was his best, LMAO at all these people freaking out saying that this cd is classic and best of 07....its ok

The undisputed truth > kanyes catalog

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 08-30-2007 at 12:10 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #59
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
Well after my first listen last night I was like because Ye came full left on this album man. What I enjoy about Kanye he's always doing something different w/ his albums. CD=Soul Feel, LR=Orchestra, Graduation=Futuristic/Next level sh*t.

After a 2nd spin I'm definately calling this sh*t a easy 10/10 album. Even tho I don't enjoy Weezy's verse that much Barry Bonds IS A BANGER and I just take Weezy for Weezy honestly lol.

There's nothing that's gonna touch this sh*t and if he doens't get AOTY this time, n*gga got fu*ked
 10 years ago '06        #60
1OverJordan24 131 heat pts131
space
space
$3,959 | Props total: 1091 1091
This Album Is Real Good I Love It Better Than The First Two
If U Don't Think So Ur A Bum And Don't Know G.o.o.d. Music
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago