Guyyss kanye is ranting again about tidal/apple/drake/jayz. Get ur popcorn
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Throwback: That time Kobe bet Gerald Wallace 500k he'd sink the Free Throw
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Don't Ever Hand Jimmy Butler the AUX Cord (VIDEO) 😂💀ԅ..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-28-2007, 01:14 PM         #1
5755 pageviews
17 comments

Mileena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aug 28 - Wendy Williams Taps Robin Givens For Biopic:

Wendy Williams Taps Robin Givens For Biopic: "I Know She's Only 90 Lbs [But] Who Do I Look Like?"

With the film based on her life due in theatres early 2008, SOHH caught up with Wendy Williams to discuss the arduous casting process and to learn how Robin Givens landed the star role, playing radio queen.

[pic - click to view]

Last year Williams held casting calls throughout the country searching for an actress to portray her in Queen of Media, a full-length feature film based on her New York Times best seller, Wendy's got the Heat. The casting process turned up a lot of Wendy look-a-likes but their mouthpieces just didn't match up.

"To me, diction was more important than anything," Wendy told SOHH. "I don't care if you look like my twin, I'm a radio personality. There's so much speaking in the movie. You've got to have the talk."

Williams and crew finally decided on an actress from Philadelphia and filming commenced on what was then billed as a straight to DVD movie. Two days into the filming process a Hollywood entity expressed interest in getting involved with the project, on one condition. "They said the one thing you have to do is you have to get a person that is more recognizable to play you."

The role eventually went to Robin Givens who Wendy admits doesn't quite look the part.

"I know she's only 5 feet 2 and I know she's only 90 pounds [but] who do I look like," Williams asked? "I'm 5 feet 11. I can't think of who could play me, who actually looks it, therefore [we went] with someone who speaks well and Robin did a good job."

Filming for the Queen of Media wrapped this summer, leaving Wendy to reflect on the time and money she spent on the project.

"If somebody told me Summer 2007 I wouldn't be able to get the bag of the season for the fall because all of my money was spent making a movie, I would never guess," Wendy told SOHH. "But I've never been so happy about investing in myself."

[
[pic - click to view]

Watch exclusive video clips from the Wendy Williams interview here]

17 comments for "Aug 28 - Wendy Williams Taps Robin Givens For Biopic:"

9 years ago '04        #2
Salty Nuts 
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 0 0
...Mike Tyson beat the bi*ch, i get it, can we move the fu*k on already, i don't need to see that sh*t in widescreen.
 9 years ago '04        #3
Salty Nuts 
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 0 0
ohhh, this is Wendy's bio...who the fu*k is she, nobody wanna see that sh*t.
 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM         #4
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She' S The Self Proclaimed Queen On Media But Has No Credentials To Back It Up. T.i. Claimed To Be King Of The South & While Thats Arguable He Made A Good Stake In It. She Does Nothin But Gossip On The Radio. Far From Queen Of Anything. I See This Movie Being A Greater Flop Than Her Mix Cd
 9 years ago '06        #5
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,204 | Props total: 1084 1084
 SKINNI said:
She' S The Self Proclaimed Queen On Media But Has No Credentials To Back It Up. T.i. Claimed To Be King Of The South & While Thats Arguable He Made A Good Stake In It. She Does Nothin But Gossip On The Radio. Far From Queen Of Anything. I See This Movie Being A Greater Flop Than Her Mix Cd
do u press shift at the begining of every word? if u do..damn...thats a lot of work
 9 years ago '04        #6
cincinnati_kidd 
space
space
$867 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k both of dem brawds they both scandelouss
 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM         #7
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J_Teflon said:
do u press shift at the begining of every word? if u do..damn...thats a lot of work
LOL NA. I GOT A BAD HABBIT OF TYPING IN CAPS UNLESS ITS ACTUAL DOCUMENTS OR SOMETHIN FOR WORK. PEOPLE COMPLAIN BUT I DONT SEE THE BIG DEAL
 9 years ago '06        #8
RAZAH CUTS 5355 heat pts5355
space
space
$49,822 | Props total: 5830 5830
I won't go see the movie...I ain't a fan of either one of those females.....

good luck to them tho......
 08-28-2007, 09:05 PM         #9
ibudafu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
robin quivers is the queen of media. and if wendy williams thinks she looks anything like robin givens then i dont know what to say. they should put rosie o donnell in black face before robin givens plays that fugly bi*ch.
 9 years ago '04        #10
iCantLose 
space
space
$401 | Props total: 2 2
 Mileena said:
Wendy Williams Taps Robin Givens For Biopic: "I Know She's Only 90 Lbs [But] Who Do I Look Like?"
Well now that's an easy one....

RuPAUL
 9 years ago '04        #11
namean 
space
space
space
$1,482 | Props total: 0 0
a gossiping c*nt like wendy williams doesn't deserve a biopic...save that for important historical figures, not some sh*t eating "radio personality."
 08-28-2007, 10:29 PM         #12
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Crazy Thing Is, I Never Hear Anyone Talking About Her Like She Matters In The "in Crowd". She Hypes Herself Up. If It Werent For Her Show, I Wouldnt Even Know Who She Is. She' S Funny Sometimes Bu Queen She' S Not. Maybe Where She' S From But No Futher Than That Region. That Would Be Like Me Saying Bay Bay Is The Undisputed King Of Club Hype Men. He Might Be In This Region But Thats It. Hell Id Put Him Over Her
 9 years ago '04        #13
daboahmiz 
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 43 43
damn, the the crazy thing is, my ex-girl is the "philadelphia actress" that got bumped... i ain't a hater, i felt kinda bad for her when i heard.... this was "her break"...... maybe it was for the best though.....
 9 years ago '04        #14
jiggamanll 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 0 0
they should show how mike tyson punched robin givens in the movie then i'd go see it.
 08-29-2007, 06:24 PM         #15
djdamage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ihope it's funny because I don't see anyother reason to see it.( is wendy williams a man?? cause she looks like she could pass for one withtha makeup job...Not a Hottie at all.
 08-29-2007, 06:30 PM         #16
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jiggamanll said:
they should show how mike tyson punched robin givens in the movie then i'd go see it.
THEY SHOULD ALSO SHOW MIKE PUNCHING WENDY
 9 years ago '06        #17
"SS" 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,310 | Props total: 840 840
her show is aight i used to listen to it when they played it down here

but really who wants see a movie about her life

and especially on the bigscreen

i probably wouldnt watch it if it was straight to dvd

maybe straight to bet or sumn

everyone already knows her history cause she talks about it every day

she wanted a break got it and then she sniffed alot of coke and then got clean

and now here she is
 08-29-2007, 07:34 PM         #18
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 "SS" said:

she wanted a break got it and then she sniffed alot of coke and then got clean

and now here she is
DAM! U GOT THE MOVIE DONT U. I DONT SEE MUCH ELSE TO IT EITHER
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wife or Wife?
48 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Old Pervert R. Kelly pimpin a YOUNG Exotical Karrueche same age as his..
177 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Vogue: Hipsters Are Bringing Back G-Unit Clothing As A Trend
197 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mr. Farrakhan Himself Wouldn't Pull Out
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Shows Charlagmane The Dm's Drake Sent Him, Char Calls Drake A Weirdo
188 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Barber: "What you want?"
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Former NFL player in Critical condition, Wife Dead; Son Was The Shooter
70 comments
20 hours ago