Kanye West - Graduation (2007)

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How Many Mics for chi towns finest
1 Mic 24 4.49%
2 Mics 22 4.12%
3 Mics 73 13.67%
4 Mics 177 33.15%
5 Mics 238 44.57%
Voters: 534. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-02-2007, 09:41 PM         #181
Dark5859  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm loving this album, but I don't think it's on par with his last two.
 09-02-2007, 11:07 PM         #182
METHOD101  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
love the beats, but a little iffy with the lyrics....there are some reallly bad lines
 10 years ago '04        #183
JohnShooter 
space
space
space
$59 | Props total: 0 0
album is hot damn this album was good my joint is that drunk and hot girls <easy>
 09-03-2007, 12:06 AM         #184
.S|B|G. -Fern-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
album of the year no doubt. i give it a 4.8/5. not as good as college dropout. a slight notch over LR. from top to bottom theres solid, if not amazing tracks.
least fav. song: drunk and hot girls
most fav. song: flashing lights or everything i am

1. good morning - sets the mood just right for this emo-ish album.
2. champion - crazy sample. crazy beat.
3. stronger - crazy sample. crazy beat. shows he's waaaay ahead of the game.
4. i wonder - absolutely love that first part. it'll stay stuck in the head. then the beat and his "rapping" comes out. or whatever he's trying to do with it.
5. goodlife - feel good music. kanye really isnt as great as he thinks as a lyricist. has some cool lines here and there(and throughout the album), but he needs to clean it up a bit.
6. cant tell me nothing - a soulful south beat. only kanye can do.
7. barry bonds - "life of a don, lights keep glowin', comin' in the club with that fresh sh*t on, with somethin' crazy on my arm.. ahahahhem". Ye is a good songwriter/producer, but then again his lyrics and flow are kinda off. "bow so hard, till yur knees hit yur forehead"??
8. drunk and hot girls - wtf? this sounds like eminem should be ripping this track or some sh*t. and you wasted mos def on this too.
9. flashing lights - best song on the album. beat is ridiculous. best chorus on the album. kanye comes as good as he might ever come.
10. everything i am - best song 2. too soulful. common on this would've been pretty dope. laid back as this beat was. classic.
11. the glory - kanye seems to make alot of these typa beats. still THE best production out, easily. still, kanye hardly shines.
12. homecoming - should've been on john legends album and had him on it the whole song instead of kanye spitting on it.
13. big brother - on jay's d*ck heavily. but as a song to give props to your idol, theres not alot better. beat is pretty emotional.

he needs to have more features so we dont gotta hear him as much. he never bullsh*ts when he spits, but theres something about him rapping that turns me down off some of the songs. i dont think he will ever be top 5 lyrically dead OR alive, but maybe he can step it up a bit.
his production is already known as the best. i consider him at the top of the list. i cant ever put anyone ahead of dre cuz he was a pioneer, but i think he might be ahead of primo at this point. based on hits and how soulful every beat is. overall, 4.8/5.
 09-03-2007, 03:03 AM         #185
MiK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I give it a 4. the lyrics and flow are average, his production sure makes up for that though. a couple really catchy tracks like the Mos Def collab + I wonder.... the songs which keep it from a 4.5 are The Glory (annoying sample) + dat wack T-Pain track..... best album of the year so far I hope it sells more than Curtis.
 10 years ago '04        #186
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Album grows on me every listen. From a rap perspective this album lacks, but just enjoying it for the music its right. Only complaints are T-Pain instead of John Legend? Lil' Wayne and a non-rapping Mos Def instead of Com, Talib, Jay, Nas? Homecoming was alright but if you've heard Home then that joint is a let down in comparison. This album has so many standout songs that I'll feel a different song the most after each listen. I don't know whether I can put this above Talib's album, but its up there, perhaps co-album of the year for me
 10 years ago '05        #187
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1654 1654
4.5/5

Great CD, superior to Late Registration but not quite College Dropout.
 09-03-2007, 04:34 AM         #188
Rob_136  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The album was solid
 10 years ago '07        #189
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,099 | Props total: 6294 6294
fu*k skits....best kanye album or a shade under college dropout

beats >>>
 10 years ago '05        #190
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,927 | Props total: 6177 6177
Its good music it is just a short a.ss album. Come one you know he could have 2 more dope tracks on this and it would have been a classic. This album does have some good tracks and I can see his growth I just think I want to hear a little more. He slowed down the tracks and brought the piano towards the end of the album.

Too say the least the album is good I just feel like its missing that extra track. I give it a 4/5. Better than curtis
 09-03-2007, 11:04 PM         #191
Colony84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .S|B|G. -Fern- said:
album of the year no doubt. i give it a 4.8/5. not as good as college dropout. a slight notch over LR. from top to bottom theres solid, if not amazing tracks.
least fav. song: drunk and hot girls
most fav. song: flashing lights or everything i am

1. good morning - sets the mood just right for this emo-ish album.
2. champion - crazy sample. crazy beat.
3. stronger - crazy sample. crazy beat. shows he's waaaay ahead of the game.
4. i wonder - absolutely love that first part. it'll stay stuck in the head. then the beat and his "rapping" comes out. or whatever he's trying to do with it.
5. goodlife - feel good music. kanye really isnt as great as he thinks as a lyricist. has some cool lines here and there(and throughout the album), but he needs to clean it up a bit.
6. cant tell me nothing - a soulful south beat. only kanye can do.
7. barry bonds - "life of a don, lights keep glowin', comin' in the club with that fresh sh*t on, with somethin' crazy on my arm.. ahahahhem". Ye is a good songwriter/producer, but then again his lyrics and flow are kinda off. "bow so hard, till yur knees hit yur forehead"??
8. drunk and hot girls - wtf? this sounds like eminem should be ripping this track or some sh*t. and you wasted mos def on this too.
9. flashing lights - best song on the album. beat is ridiculous. best chorus on the album. kanye comes as good as he might ever come.
10. everything i am - best song 2. too soulful. common on this would've been pretty dope. laid back as this beat was. classic.
11. the glory - kanye seems to make alot of these typa beats. still THE best production out, easily. still, kanye hardly shines.
12. homecoming - should've been on john legends album and had him on it the whole song instead of kanye spitting on it.
13. big brother - on jay's d*ck heavily. but as a song to give props to your idol, theres not alot better. beat is pretty emotional.

he needs to have more features so we dont gotta hear him as much. he never bullsh*ts when he spits, but theres something about him rapping that turns me down off some of the songs. i dont think he will ever be top 5 lyrically dead OR alive, but maybe he can step it up a bit.
his production is already known as the best. i consider him at the top of the list. i cant ever put anyone ahead of dre cuz he was a pioneer, but i think he might be ahead of primo at this point. based on hits and how soulful every beat is. overall, 4.8/5.
co-fu*king sign took the words out of my mouth i think as a lyricist kanye just doesnt have it but as a producer it aint get sicker than Ye.
 09-03-2007, 11:05 PM         #192
Colony84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Youngkilla11207 said:
Kanye man is a talented dude fo reel this ni99a aint from the ghetto and he dont rap lies he raps wat he knows ya dig graduation is better then the black album he gonna soon pass his big brother very soon his flow is getting better and the production is crazy kanye is one of the best rapppers out now jay-z I love that ni99a(no homo) but I think like after kanyes next album hes gonna be better then jay lol Still brooklyn all day
whos that in your avy :wow: dayum...

Last edited by Colony84; 09-03-2007 at 11:06 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #193
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
i was disappointed with the album. he stay on the same tip with all his sh*t. the production is nice. but he slowed his flow down. and his bars. i've seen kanye freestyle harder than most these bars on this cd. but i still give it a 2/5
 10 years ago '05        #194
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,342 | Props total: 314 314
 phase_7 said:
amazing. couldnt have asked for anything more. im declaring classic without the hype being a part of my judgment. I will be banging all of these tracks well into the future.
yea man. definately. very progressive and revolutionary production and lyric spacing, noticable on "Everything I Am".

im definately going to buy this, it will be a classic.

everything on it is just fresh and new, no recycled beats, samples, and drums. College Dropout was a great album, but artistically this album is 1000x better.

Kanye should have had Talib Common, or Mos Def on "Barry Bonds". I know BX heads love this motherfu*ker, but I fu*kin HATE Lil Wayne. He is horrible. Especially on "Barry Bonds". I want to fu*kin send him back to grade school so he can spit a fluid, coherrent bar. He barely even rhymes his sh*t either. He ruined the song, everytime I listen to that song, I skip to the next when Lil Weezle's verse is about to come on. The only thing good that came out of his tiny weasel mouth was the chorus, which was written by Kanye.

To those saying Kanye's flow is off, its done on purpose.
It has to do with syllable and rhyme placement.
He accents weird syllables too. Thats what makes this album genius. Anyone can spit a fluid bar, even Lil Wayne, but for artistic reasons, they don't. If you want fluid bar perfection, listen to Nas. This album is way ahead of its time and progressive in terms of lyricism, thats why people are accusing Kanye of being a weak lyricist right now.

Eminem does the same thing too. Eminem accents weird syllables in different words to make it rhyme and flow well. Thats what makes guys like that good lyricists.. Innovation.

Anyone can say "Yo, I bought a hat/Ima shoot my gat/Then Ima pet my cat.".. flows well, bars are on point.. but I could say that sh*t when I was in kindergarten.

Last edited by SyDuck; 09-04-2007 at 06:31 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #195
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1654 1654
That Bittersweet track is dope.
 10 years ago '05        #196
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
been gettin more and more into it...

my initial 2/5 def bumped up already...
u really gotta just listen to this thoroughly...

and "drunk and hot girls" is a dope track and prolly the most original song you'll hear this year..very bold choice though

i can sit through the entire album without wanting to skip or none...and by the end i wanna hear it again...it def sh*ts on Curtis in every way possible

so, this now is at least 4/5 and without a doubt a very good release once again from Kanye...

u gotta give it to Ye for makin an album that really stands on it's own ya know...can't be compared to none else...not even his first two...sound-wise this really is top-notch...it is what it is...
 10 years ago '07        #197
Ratty Tat Tat 
space
space
space
$971 | Props total: 56 56
i just cant get with all his beats. They are too corny for me
 09-04-2007, 10:08 AM         #198
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ the clowns giving this 5 mics...sh*t @ 4 mics....this sh*t is a 2.5/5 on a good day
 10 years ago '07        #199
eYe_SeE_MoNeY 
space
space
$518 | Props total: 9 9
I liked this album Ima go with a 3.5 outta 5.........
 10 years ago '05        #200
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
i really liked it i gave it a 4.5/5 i thought it was better than the 50....and ima a 50 fan but sometimes i get tired of hearin "kill that...etc." it gets old to me so i choose this over 50....50 cd was aight
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy