***OFFICIAL NBA 2K8 Thread***

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #21
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,991 | Props total: 1458 1458
 STL-FYNEST314 said:
1. dunk contest fell off in 05 when it came out. everybody i knew who had live wasnt playing that sh*t. barely anybody was playing 24/7 mode in 2k so what makes you think that people would be picking up 2k just for the dunk contest? the main reason i got live 05 was because it had the dunk contest.

2.lets hope so. and hope it isnt a polished version of 2k7 with the 2k8 name on it.

3.so far, live has shown more sh*t than 2k. 2k8 just shown they dunk contest and pics of guys that look like it couldve been in 2k7. live shown a new type of dynasty mode, the fiba tournament, different crossover controls, that new hotspot feature, and new post moves.

4.i hate madden but 08 is in my living room right now. thats how good it is. and im waiting til that ea license is up so 2k can make a football game. but madden is so popular they could ask to extend the license and nfl probably would except.
Got the game for the dunk contest? As far ain't seen sh*t wait. They take their time to drop sh*t. I know some sh*t comin' out soon 'cause me and momentousceltic (If you seen a 2K video on Youtube, you seen his sh*t) hooked it up. And I think it drop this week.

Anyway the screens in that link are old. Last time I saw 2K8 BD had a headband, different shoes, and he looked better. And Dirks arms werent that skinny.

Can someone tell me what looks so bad about the game? To me 2K always looks better. Live the players lighter then should be, and every thing else is all dark. What looks better?

Yeah KG on 2K8 is dead on! his fu*kin' goatee is perfect!

Last edited by Isiah61; 08-29-2007 at 12:24 AM..
 08-29-2007, 12:47 AM         #22
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
Gameplay graphics should be the only thing that matters, unless your the type to watch replays more than play the game itself. Lives "ingame" graphics arent much better than 2K's, im happy with looking on the court and being able to tell Shaq from Garnett, Kidd from Parker, etc... I dont need to see moles, boogers or anything else irrelevant to the game itself.
I've been cool with their sh*tty graphics for a long time because the gameplay kept getting better. Now the gameplay is reaching it's peak and it's time to work on that other part that's been missing for a long a.ss time. That's all I'm saying. Stop being so defensive about it because you wouldn't complain if they had improved the graphics, but you would complain if it looked like a.ss the following year.
 10 years ago '04        #23
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
 Jai-O said:
With this gen, graphics matter a lot more than last. Not saying its on the same level as gameplay, but good graphics do help your immersion into a game.

One issue they can address is fixing the jaggies (espically when playing in HD, they are really apparent).
I agree totally....but to me the graphics are "good enough" for me not to raise a fuss about. We also dont know what the finished product is going to look like either, so I wont complain until I have it in my hands. Example: Madden 08 pre release "in game" pics didnt look much different from 07. Once I got it home and was able to play the game myself you could see a huge difference.
 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM         #24
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
2k8 is pretty much a roster update outside of the 2 new features highlighted so far. Graphics still suck a.ss for the most part.
Every sports game is a roster update and a couple new features
 10 years ago '05        #25
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
NBA 2K8 Hands-On
It looks like another slam dunk for 2K Sports.
by

August 30, 2007 - Visual Concepts and 2K Games brought the thunder last year with NBA 2K7. And though some might have thought having an aging Shaq Diesel on the cover signified the series was feeling its age, that couldn't have been further from the truth. NBA 2K7 was one of VC's strongest hoops offerings in years. Well, if anyone out there thought the NBA 2K series was getting a little long in the tooth, take note of new 2K8 coverboy Chris Paul. He's young, fresh, exciting, and just on the verge of superstardom. Paul is a fitting coverboy as NBA 2K8 feels as if it has been infused with a new energy and some new innovations.

It begins with the rebuilt AI. The new AI is deadly against those who have zero hoops knowledge. If your idea of a basketball game is constantly driving to the hole, no matter who's handling the rock and who's standing in their way, then you're in for a rude awakening. NBA 2K8 will punish those who make foolish plays. The AI takes advantage of aggressiveness. Dribble too much and the AI will strip you. Drive down the lane every possession and you'll find a big man will start stepping up to take the charge and knock you on your a.ss.

Play smart hoops and you will be rewarded. The defense properly collapses when Shaq gets the ball in deep. And the AI, now often seen moving without the ball, will likely set Dwyane Wade behind the arc. Pass out of the triple-team and Wade is left wide open. Players such as Wade and Nash, who rarely miss those open shots, aren't going to miss them in 2K8. Think about it. How often have you seen Nash find spacing and drain a wide-open shot? All the time. He's almost automatic. But in most hoops games, soulless mathematics are used to determine an artificial probability of that little orange ball going through the hoop. And too often that ball clanks. I've seen first hand that if Nash pulls up and no one is around him, in 2K8, he's banging that home.

At the same time, the 2K team realized that there are some players who can drive into traffic and will the ball into the hoops. Kobe, KG, Agent Zero. Whether it's pushing through and slamming a dunk over a defender or finding a way to teardrop the ball through the hoop, some players just have a knack for draining clutch shots in traffic. Those players now have a specific rating in NBA 2K8, so that once impossible shots can sometimes be possible. That isn't to say you won't see harsh rejections of even the most dominant players, but no longer is every player treated as equal with a defender's hand in his face.

Things are a little more sophisticated away from the paint as well. Each player now has a rating judging how good they are shooting off the dribble. Kobe may just be one of the very best in this category. How often do we see an awkward jumpshot off a dribble drained by Kobe? NBA 2K8 recognizes there are some players better at setting their feet and shooting and others that have a gift for dropping shots on the move. Again, all of this is meant to better individuate NBA players. You want Tony Parker to play differently than Leandro Barbosa. You want Nash and Dirk to both be highly-skilled but different to control. From the game I played of NBA 2K8, that dream is closer to reality than it has been in a long time for Visual Concepts.

In hopes to add even more realism to its sim franchise, Visual Concepts implemented new footplanting technology. The new animation and physics system requires that every crossover and post move have the necessary footwork to make it real. In the past you could use the Isomotion system to break from a crossover and then instantly hit a spin move. While it looked cool, some of the animations were physically impossible. Now, players must plant their foot to properly push off. It makes some of the moves slower to respond, but it also makes NBA 2K8 feel a touch more grounded than its predecessors. Movement and momentum were a major focus for VC this year and its shows.

The drawback to the new system is that the once fluid animation chains are gone. The build I played had some jerky transitions at times. While individual animations looked great, they don't connect well together. This is something VC is tweaking and hopefully can improve before NBA 2K8 ships in early October. Aside from the jerkiness, NBA 2K8 is a visual improvement over last year's model. The crowds in particular look much better. And those chunky bodies have been slimmed down a bit, so players appear more like their true selves than very tall IGN editors.

As with so many aspects of NBA 2K8, Isomotion has also seen some tweaks. Things have been simplified. Just use the Left Thumbstick for basic moves and the Right Trigger as a modifier. Nothing more than that. Anyone who's been playing with the Isomotion system the past few years should have no trouble adjusting to the changes. Though, I will say that those who used to rely solely on Isomotion to get to the hoop will find that the AI will make this tougher than in recent years.

One offense, you'll notice a set of five bars beneath the ball handler that look like a cell phone reception meter. This shows a player's hot zones. Every player has been given zones compiled from their past five years in the NBA. But rather than show these zones as an overlay, as EA's NBA Live 08 does, 2K8's interface is a bit more clever. The bar immediately lets you know that LeBron is golden from anywhere on the court and Yao Ming shouldn't be outside the arc.

The bars also come in three colors. Blue is for a cold streak, yellow for no streak, and red for a hot streak. Streaks are determined by how well you are shooting. So, again, if you take smart shots, you're going to be more likely to get on a hot streak. This won't set the ball on fire or mean that every three you throw up will hit nothing but net, but it will give a slight boost to your ratings. Streaks shouldn't be confused with a player's clutch rating. Clutch Factor only comes into play in the fourth quarter and speaks more to a player's consistency in big moments rather than a major boost to overall ratings. Robert Horry is about as clutch as they come, but you still have to get him open shots.

While your or I might have called it a day with all these improvements, VC soldiered on. Next on the hit list is the post game. Let's face it, post play has never been as perimeter play. NBA 2K8 hopes to change that with a more refined post option. The biggest change in the post are your options. Players have a far greater range of shot options and moves. And the post doesn't feel as artificial, as if it's some mini-game within a game. While after one game I can't say it's the greatest thing since jelly on toast, it's certainly faster and more exhilarating than in 2K7.

When the buzzer rings and the crowd begins filing out of the arena, you still have reason to avoid quitting to the main menu. The post game show starts with the Jordan Player of the Game. You'll see the player's stats and their highlight reel. It even shows their hot zones and how well they shot around the court. Then comes the top 3 plays of the game. If that's not enough, you get signature highlights for every player. Let's say you play Celtics vs. Suns. You can click on Kevin Garnett and see his highlight reel. Then check out all of Nash's dope dishes. And Barbosa's sweet jumpers. If that isn't enough, you can go through a catalogue of every single play in the entire game and choose any replay you want to watch. That's hot.

NBA 2K8 still has a few rough edges. The animations aren't as fluid as they should be and I'm not completely sold on the new Lock-on D system. That said, from everything I've seen and played in NBA 2K8, it's hard to imagine any other game will be able to step up and take its crown this year. This is certainly one of Visual Concepts most promising games of the past few years.
 10 years ago '05        #26
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,111 | Props total: 516 516
to me both Iive and 2k need to work on the starting Iine up i dont understand why the home and away team starting Iine up isnt caIIed out
dt
 08-30-2007, 09:04 PM         #28
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the AI, now often seen moving without the ball, will likely set Dwyane Wade behind the arc. Pass out of the triple-team and Wade is left wide open. Players such as Wade and Nash, who rarely miss those open shots, aren't going to miss them in 2K8.
What?
 08-30-2007, 09:06 PM         #29
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Graphics are way better this year. I like what I see.
 10 years ago '05        #30
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,111 | Props total: 516 516
yeah i agree im defineIy Iiken da graphics cant wait tiII this comes out im getting hype Iooking at these pictures
dt
 10 years ago '05        #31
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
I like what I see. I just wish they weren't emotionless zombies.

But damn, that's an improvement from what we've seen before.
 10 years ago '06        #32
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,991 | Props total: 1458 1458
I knew every was gonna say "it looks good" after sh*tin' on it. Well Mo' said he heard from Rob Jones and trailer me & Rob made should be on spiketv friday on gamehead and gametrailers the next day. Now you all who said you want see video can be amazed.
 10 years ago '05        #33
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
 Isiah61 said:
I knew every was gonna say "it looks good" after sh*tin' on it.
Maybe, just maybe, because the previous images looked like crap?

If you can't tell the improvement,
 10 years ago '05        #34
abdullah 
space
space
$2,934 | Props total: 281 281
 STL-FYNEST314 said:
nba 2k8 to me is basically a roster update and corny dunk contest. but thats because they havent been showin sh*t. meanwhile live is stepping their game up. just like how madden 08 shocked people, live may do the same.
madden 08 only shocked people because last year's madden was so trash.
 10 years ago '05        #35
abdullah 
space
space
$2,934 | Props total: 281 281
 Ex The God said:
Why do you fu*king people care about graphics so much? OH MY GOD HIS fu*kING NUTS ARE SWEATING!!! THIS IS ONLY IN NBA LIVE!!!...smh...Gameplay over graphics anyday
 08-31-2007, 10:14 AM         #36
jhj2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
You dont even know the half of the "work" 2K has put in .....you only see whats been posted. Maybe they arent posting everything until EA is at the point of no return. Meaning they wont be able to do a quick revamp of the game to make last minute changes. Its a big chess match going on, but some are to blind to see it and would rather say what company A isnt doing and what company B is doing. What has EA done other than post a bunch of non game play pics? Stop kidding yourself and relax, go play some Halo or Gears until both games come out.

On that note......I will post more 2K info....and I will have more Live info (franchise mode) before end of week.

I finally agree with yo punk azz...
 10 years ago '04        #37
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2826 2826
 luda06 said:
What?
shut up.. IGN has ultimate NBA knowledge
 10 years ago '04        #38
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
IGN lost Jon Robinson and fell off the sports gaming map hard core....the new guys are pretty clueless.
 10 years ago '04        #39
show 
space
space
$1,218 | Props total: 268 268
They just released the official trailer

i think this is something we all been waiting for. :applause: :applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #40
show 
space
space
$1,218 | Props total: 268 268
here's a higher res format of the video in .mp4

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy