***OFFICIAL NBA 2K8 Thread***

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
12314 pageviews
354 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
***OFFICIAL NBA 2K8 Thread***

post all news about NBA 2K8 in this thread...

354 comments for "***OFFICIAL NBA 2K8 Thread***"

08-27-2007, 02:09 PM         #2
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I already made a thread like this and it flopped.
 10 years ago '04        #3
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 luda06 said:
I already made a thread like this and it flopped.
That's because you're not me =)
 08-27-2007, 06:21 PM         #4
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This will flop unless you decide to merge all the new threads created.
 08-27-2007, 06:34 PM         #5
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The best sports game ever, 2K holding it now for years while EA pretends to be an nba games maker
 10 years ago '05        #6
STL-FYNEST314 
space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 3 3
nba 2k8 to me is basically a roster update and corny dunk contest. but thats because they havent been showin sh*t. meanwhile live is stepping their game up. just like how madden 08 shocked people, live may do the same.
 10 years ago '06        #7
BTiZZLe 
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 15 15
 STL-FYNEST314 said:
nba 2k8 to me is basically a roster update and corny dunk contest. but thats because they havent been showin sh*t. meanwhile live is stepping their game up. just like how madden 08 shocked people, live may do the same.
what are you talking about? madden 08 sucks!!!
 08-27-2007, 08:01 PM         #8
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2k8 is pretty much a roster update outside of the 2 new features highlighted so far. Graphics still suck a.ss for the most part.
 10 years ago '04        #9
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,253 | Props total: 695 695
 Ex The God said:
Why do you fu*king people care about graphics so much? OH MY GOD HIS fu*kING NUTS ARE SWEATING!!! THIS IS ONLY IN NBA LIVE!!!...smh...Gameplay over graphics anyday
lol.....im an ea fan but i been fu*kin with 2k the last 2 yrs cuz 2k is better
 08-27-2007, 09:23 PM         #10
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ex The God said:
Why do you fu*king people care about graphics so much? OH MY GOD HIS fu*kING NUTS ARE SWEATING!!! THIS IS ONLY IN NBA LIVE!!!...smh...Gameplay over graphics anyday
2k has almost perfected the gameplay aspect of the 2k series with 2k7. You would think they would start working on another area of the game.
 10 years ago '06        #11
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,991 | Props total: 1458 1458
 STL-FYNEST314 said:
nba 2k8 to me is basically a roster update and 1corny dunk contest. 2but thats because they havent been showin sh*t. 3meanwhile live is stepping their game up. 4just like how madden 08 shocked people, live may do the same.
1Why is the dunk contest corny?

2First video of gamplay should be comin' out the week of the 27th.

3Live hasn't done sh*t. The got screen shots of USA team which look cool I can't front, but then theirs that screen shot where they try to airbrush a guy out. Then that video of "Agent Zero" (most overratted player) makin' a buzzer beater to win the game. Which wasn't real game play.

4Madden only doin' better 'cause APF came out. If it didn't they wouldn't have done sh*t, 'cause they wouldn't have to. If no one is around to stop you you ain't to worry or do sh*t. Now they tryin' to make sure they stay on top. Hopefully this NFL (EA Lockdown) thing will end soon.
 08-28-2007, 01:29 AM         #12
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
EA has put in more work than 2k this season. Only because they had a lot to catch up with. 2K doesn't on the other hand. I would rather have better graphics than a dunk contest.
 10 years ago '05        #13
STL-FYNEST314 
space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 3 3
 Isiah61 said:
1Why is the dunk contest corny?

2First video of gamplay should be comin' out the week of the 27th.

3Live hasn't done sh*t. The got screen shots of USA team which look cool I can't front, but then theirs that screen shot where they try to airbrush a guy out. Then that video of "Agent Zero" (most overratted player) makin' a buzzer beater to win the game. Which wasn't real game play.

4Madden only doin' better 'cause APF came out. If it didn't they wouldn't have done sh*t, 'cause they wouldn't have to. If no one is around to stop you you ain't to worry or do sh*t. Now they tryin' to make sure they stay on top. Hopefully this NFL (EA Lockdown) thing will end soon.
1. dunk contest fell off in 05 when it came out. everybody i knew who had live wasnt playing that sh*t. barely anybody was playing 24/7 mode in 2k so what makes you think that people would be picking up 2k just for the dunk contest? the main reason i got live 05 was because it had the dunk contest.

2.lets hope so. and hope it isnt a polished version of 2k7 with the 2k8 name on it.

3.so far, live has shown more sh*t than 2k. 2k8 just shown they dunk contest and pics of guys that look like it couldve been in 2k7. live shown a new type of dynasty mode, the fiba tournament, different crossover controls, that new hotspot feature, and new post moves.

4.i hate madden but 08 is in my living room right now. thats how good it is. and im waiting til that ea license is up so 2k can make a football game. but madden is so popular they could ask to extend the license and nfl probably would except.
 10 years ago '04        #14
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
 luda06 said:
EA has put in more work than 2k this season. Only because they had a lot to catch up with. 2K doesn't on the other hand. I would rather have better graphics than a dunk contest.
You dont even know the half of the "work" 2K has put in .....you only see whats been posted. Maybe they arent posting everything until EA is at the point of no return. Meaning they wont be able to do a quick revamp of the game to make last minute changes. Its a big chess match going on, but some are to blind to see it and would rather say what company A isnt doing and what company B is doing. What has EA done other than post a bunch of non game play pics? Stop kidding yourself and relax, go play some Halo or Gears until both games come out.

On that note......I will post more 2K info....and I will have more Live info (franchise mode) before end of week.
 10 years ago '04        #15
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
Here is some of the writeup I promised from our veiwing on 8/27....

Many of you probably remember the first look Vetz got at NBA 2K8 this past July when we premiered their exclusive Black Top mode that featured the new Slam Dunk contest. Other than that, 2K Sports has been very hush, hush about their critically acclaimed basketball simulation. Well finally, Vetz got another look at 2K8 and while we had limited time with the game, we saw enough to know 2K isn't resting on their laurels one bit.

First off I'd like to thank Anthony Chau for taking the time for showing us a build of NBA 2K8 that was roughly 80% complete. The team is still working on nailing down the player motion to eliminate as much skating on the floor as was seen sometimes in last year's game. I mentioned to him that sometimes the isomotion moves weren't as smooth as they could've been last year, and you got stuck in canned animations as the moves were finishing. Something he agreed with and a.ssured me that they were working on delivering as tight as player control as possible.

The first thing that jumped out at me was how well done the player models were looking, even from afar. Kevin Garnett looked exactly like himself, especially on post moves. From his body type, to the shape of his head, 2K nailed him. The movements of the player's shorts looked even more fluid than last year. On the announcing side Chris Sager, Kenny Smith and crew are back calling the action and from what I heard, the announcing sounds similiar to last year but they do have some new lines thrown in. Personally, I liked the crew, so this was good to see.

for the rest....visit its on the front page
 10 years ago '05        #16
Chuck_Remixed 250 heat pts250
space
space
$17,103 | Props total: 3537 3537
 Drug Dylan said:
Here is some of the writeup I promised from our veiwing on 8/27....

Many of you probably remember the first look Vetz got at NBA 2K8 this past July when we premiered their exclusive Black Top mode that featured the new Slam Dunk contest. Other than that, 2K Sports has been very hush, hush about their critically acclaimed basketball simulation. Well finally, Vetz got another look at 2K8 and while we had limited time with the game, we saw enough to know 2K isn't resting on their laurels one bit.

First off I'd like to thank Anthony Chau for taking the time for showing us a build of NBA 2K8 that was roughly 80% complete. The team is still working on nailing down the player motion to eliminate as much skating on the floor as was seen sometimes in last year's game. I mentioned to him that sometimes the isomotion moves weren't as smooth as they could've been last year, and you got stuck in canned animations as the moves were finishing. Something he agreed with and a.ssured me that they were working on delivering as tight as player control as possible.

The first thing that jumped out at me was how well done the player models were looking, even from afar. Kevin Garnett looked exactly like himself, especially on post moves. From his body type, to the shape of his head, 2K nailed him. The movements of the player's shorts looked even more fluid than last year. On the announcing side Chris Sager, Kenny Smith and crew are back calling the action and from what I heard, the announcing sounds similiar to last year but they do have some new lines thrown in. Personally, I liked the crew, so this was good to see.

for the rest....visit its on the front page
Good sh*t on the info. Good to see their at work on fixing stuff from the gameplay from last too along with new animations.:)

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 08-28-2007 at 09:36 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #17
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
Would have liked to know a bit more about the a.ssociation, but as you guys said, you had limited time. Thanks for the preview.
 08-28-2007, 06:15 PM         #18
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I read the preview and there's only 2 new features excluding the dunk contest and a lot of sh*t from 2k7 is coming back.

There's not much else 2k could add to their already great gameplay. They recognized that and moved on to other things such as franchise mode and the dunk contest. They must think their graphics are really great to just do that.
 10 years ago '04        #19
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
Gameplay graphics should be the only thing that matters, unless your the type to watch replays more than play the game itself. Lives "ingame" graphics arent much better than 2K's, im happy with looking on the court and being able to tell Shaq from Garnett, Kidd from Parker, etc... I dont need to see moles, boogers or anything else irrelevant to the game itself.
 10 years ago '05        #20
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
With this gen, graphics matter a lot more than last. Not saying its on the same level as gameplay, but good graphics do help your immersion into a game.

One issue they can address is fixing the jaggies (espically when playing in HD, they are really apparent).
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago