~~ || Appalachian State Mountaineers Thread (#1 DIVISION I-AA TEAM) | ~~

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #21
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,975 | Props total: 163 163
We better fu*king steamroll the rest of our competition now.

lol

Is anybody going to homecoming?
 09-01-2007, 03:29 PM         #22
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh sh*t! How bout them Mountaineers? Mass Props

never heard of App St. in my life......I recognized em today tho

Lynch's FG block caps Appalachian State's upset of Michigan
Video

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- What was supposed to be a tuneup turned into a stunner: Appalachian State 34, No. 5 Michigan 32.

Julian Rauch's 24-yard field goal with 26 seconds left put the Mountaineers ahead of the Wolverines and Corey Lynch's blocked field goal in the final seconds sealed one of college football's biggest upsets.

The two-time defending champions from former Division I-AA were ahead of the nation's winningest program 28-14 late in the second quarter, then their storybook afternoon seemed to unravel late in the fourth quarter.

Mike Hart's 54-yard run put the Wolverines ahead -- for the first time since early in the second quarter -- with 4:36 left.

One snap after the go-ahead touchdown, Brandent Englemon intercepted an errant pass, but the Wolverines couldn't capitalize and had their first of two field goals blocked.

Appalachian State drove 69 yards without a timeout in 1:11 to set up the go-ahead kick, but it still wasn't over.

Chad Henne threw a 46-yard pass to Mario Manningham, giving Michigan the ball at Appalachian State's 20 with 6 seconds left.

Lynch blocked the kick and returned it to the other end of the field as the final seconds ticked off, and his teammates rushed across the field to pile on Lynch as the coaching staff and cheerleaders jumped with joy.

Appalachian State has won 15 straight games, the longest streak in the nation.

The Mountaineers are favored to win the Football Championship Subdivision -- formerly known as Division I-AA -- but they weren't expected to put up much of a f!ght against a team picked to win the Big Ten and contend for the national title.

Alas, that's the beauty of college football.

No Division I-AA team had beaten a team ranked in The a.ssociated Press poll from 1989-2006, and it's unlikely that it happened after Division-I subdivisions were created in 1978.

Appalachian State's win does seem to pass the one second-tier programs used to regard as their crowning achievement -- The Citadel's season-opening win in 1992 over Arkansas that led to the firing of Razorbacks coach Jack Crowe following the game.

Michigan coach Lloyd Carr will not get fired after this upset, but he might've wished he retired after last season when the Wolverines won 11 games and played in the Rose Bowl.

Carr will likely second-guess a lot from the game, and the practices that led to it, and might regret going for 2-point conversions twice in the final 15-plus minutes.

After Appalachian State went ahead 31-20, Hart scored with 24 seconds left in the third quarter and the 2-point conversion failed as Carr tried to pull within a field goal. Following Hart's late TD that put Michigan ahead by one, Carr couldn't justify kicking the extra point and backup running back Brandon Minor stumbled to the turf.

The Mountaineers improved to 7-36-1 against top-tier teams since 1978, beating a team other than Wake Forest in such matchups for the first time.

Since beating Wake Forest in 2000, they had been respectable against strong programs, trailing LSU and JaMarcus Russell by two touchdowns entering the fourth quarter before losing 24-0 in 2005 and leading Auburn late in the third before losing by a TD in 1999.

But Appalachian State proved it belonged from start to finish, making up for a slight size disadvantage with more speed.

Quarterback Armanti Edwards threw for 227 yards, three scores and two interceptions while he kept Michigan guessing with enough skills running to have 62 yards rushing. Dexter Jackson caught three passes for 92 yards, and scored twice, including a 68-yard reception that tied the game early and provided a glimpse of what was coming over the next three hours.

Hart, who went almost two quarters without a carry because of an injury, ran for 188 yards and three touchdowns. Henne was 19-of-37 for 233 yards in a lackluster game that included a TD and an interception in Mountaineer territory.

Team Stat Comparison

1st Downs 19 23
Total Yards 387 479
Passing 227 233
Rushing 160 246
Penalties 7-45 7-56
3rd Down Conversions 7-13 7-15
4th Down Conversions 0-0 0-2
Turnovers 3 2
Possession 31:12 28:48

Individual Leaders
Appalachian State Passing
C/ATT YDS TD INT
Edwards 17/23 227 3 2
Michigan Passing
C/ATT YDS TD INT
Henne 19/37 233 1 1

Appalachian State Rushing
CAR YDS TD LG
Richardson 24 88 0 16
Edwards 17 62 1 21
Jackson 1 19 0 19
Michigan Rushing
CAR YDS TD LG
Hart 23 188 3 54
Minor 13 50 0 12
Manningham 2 9 0 6

Appalachian State Receiving
REC YDS TD LG
Hillary 4 63 0 27
Jackson 3 92 2 68
Courman 3 30 0 20
Batichon 3 22 1 9
Michigan Receiving
REC YDS TD LG
Mathews 7 68 1 24
Arrington 4 52 0 18
Manningham 3 66 0 46
Massey 3 36 0 18

Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER ASU MICH
TD 12:31 MIKE HART 4 YD RUN (JASON GINGELL KICK)
Drive info: 6 plays, 66 yards. 0 7
TD 10:55 DEXTER JACKSON 68 YD PASS FROM ARMANTI EDWARDS (JULIAN RAUCH KICK)
Drive info: 3 plays, 74 yards. 7 7
TD 3:16 GREG MATHEWS 10 YD PASS FROM CHAD HENNE (JASON GINGELL KICK)
Drive info: 10 plays, 52 yards. 7 14
SECOND QUARTER ASU MICH
TD 13:35 HANS BATICHON 9 YD PASS FROM ARMANTI EDWARDS (JULIAN RAUCH KICK)
Drive info: 11 plays, 65 yards. 14 14
TD 9:47 DEXTER JACKSON 20 YD PASS FROM ARMANTI EDWARDS (JULIAN RAUCH KICK)
Drive info: 5 plays, 37 yards. 21 14
TD 2:15 ARMANTI EDWARDS 6 YD RUN (JULIAN RAUCH KICK)
Drive info: 9 plays, 65 yards. 28 14
FG 0:16 JASON GINGELL 22 YD FG
Drive info: 10 plays, 63 yards. 28 17
THIRD QUARTER ASU MICH
FG 12:57 JASON GINGELL 42 YD FG
Drive info: 5 plays, 14 yards. 28 20
FG 8:17 JULIAN RAUCH 31 YD FG
Drive info: 11 plays, 64 yards. 31 20
TD 0:24 MIKE HART 4 YD RUN (FAILED 2PT RUSH)
Drive info: 6 plays, 31 yards. 31 26
FOURTH QUARTER ASU MICH
TD 4:36 MIKE HART 54 YD RUN (FAILED 2PT RUSH)
Drive info: 1 plays, 54 yards. 31 32
FG 0:26 JULIAN RAUCH 24 YD FG
Drive info: 7 plays, 69 yards. 34 32

Last edited by -Scar-; 09-01-2007 at 04:03 PM..
 09-01-2007, 04:36 PM         #23
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IT happened with Boise State already know its gonna happen. :sleepy:
 10 years ago '07        #24
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,786 | Props total: 14594 14594
naw theyre good ive always known that but im not really checking for them i have respect for them and i can see them winnin their 3rd D1-AA ship in a row easily lol
 10 years ago '06        #25
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
There's 3.

Has been for the past 2-3 years since I've been on BX.
 09-01-2007, 04:39 PM         #26
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
horrible but true....

I think Junior G and bassy the only two I ever really seen on here so everybody gonna recognize....
 10 years ago '05        #27
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,064 | Props total: 6968 6968
superman

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #28
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
I was talking about Corey and he saved the day
 10 years ago '05        #29
space
space
Lynch To Be Featured Live On Sportscenter

[pic - click to view]

Corey Lynch, who preserved ASU's stunning 34-32 victory over Michigan with a field goal block, will be interviewed live from Kidd Brewer Stadium on the 10:30 a.m. edition of ESPN Sportcenter.
 10 years ago '05        #30
space
space

[pic - click to view]

still can't believe it
 09-02-2007, 09:29 PM         #31
Dark5859 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Unbelievable what these guys did, shows what the will to win results in.
 10 years ago '05        #32
space
space
Recognition Rolls In For ASU

[pic - click to view]

BOONE, N.C. — Coast-to-coast recognition continues to roll in for top-ranked Appalachian State University football after it pulled off what many are calling one of the greatest upsets in sports history with a 34-32 victory at No. 5 (FBS) Michigan on Saturday afternoon.

10 years ago '05        #33
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Appalachian State Football Press Conference Quotes
by Appalachian Sports Information

September 2, 2007 - Quotes from Appalachian State University head football coach Jerry Moore, senior safety Corey Lynch, senior wide receiver Dexter Jackson and sophomore quarterback Armanti Edwards press conference in Boone on Sunday following the win at Michigan.

Head coach Jerry Moore
“Our win at Michigan was an awesome event and a great opportunity to be a part of. It’s something we’re going to look forward to for a long time. I though we had a great opportunity to play them and when the game became a reality on our schedule, we didn’t look at it as a ‘money game’ but at an opportunity to compete at one of the greatest sporting venues in the nation.”

“We didn’t say a whole lot about Michigan leading up to it in camp, but we did have one of our toughest camps ever and put an emphasis on blocking kicks. We did that for two reasons, to get better at protecting and at blocking. At first we just had Corey Lynch coming off the corner, then Jerome Touchstone started to and next thing you know Cortez Gilbert was too. One thing led to another and all of a sudden there was an air of confidence in blocking kicks”

“The atmosphere was right on Friday before the game and during our pregame meal. Our team is fairly quiet anyways and you could hear them fold a napkin in there and the atmosphere amongst our team really spoke for itself.”

“When we countered Michigan’s first touchdown we said ‘we can play with these guys,’ and we did in very special venue.”

“What we did was so special you have to take some time to enjoy it and allow the players to cherish it. I’m not going to our coaches or players of the chance to celebrate. But, by Tuesday we have to be smart enough to put everything in perspective. They’ve earned the right to enjoy what they’ve done.”

“Playing games like this helps make us better. It’s great exposure and you come out of these games with a feeling of confidence that you can do things and that confidence grows in the team.”

“Lloyd Carr is one of the best football coaches in the country and is very highly respected. I don’t think Michigan is going to quit playing football anytime soon, but I wouldn’t want to be on their practice field on Tuesday. Going into the game I read about Coach Carr as much as possible to learn his background and when you look at who he’s worked with, it’s a Who’s Who of college football coaching.”

“I can’t categorize beating Michigan with winning two national championships. Without a doubt the national championships are important because that’s what we play for at our level. If Michigan wins a national championship, they’ll forget all about Appalachian and we felt the same way heading into the game. We went to Michigan and beat the No. 5 team and that’s just as special, but no more important that the title. That’s the most important thing in our division.”

“There’s a huge confidence level in our program and school. This is something that’s going to be remembered in school history and I’m glad we have the kind of young men here to make that happen.”

“We have a tremendous staff of a.ssistant coaches. Three of them had opportunities to leave and take huge salary increases. All three walked away from those opportunities to stay here. We have a terrific AD (athletics director) that makes you want to do right and we’ve been able to stay together, which is huge. And we’ve got great kids. I’m just really proud of our players.”

Senior safety Corey Lynch
“[Returning to campus] was one of the craziest atmospheres ever. You couldn’t ask for anything more. We were so excited in the locker room afterward, but we were so tired and had played so hard. Once we got on the airplane everything got real quiet and we all got some rest before getting back to Boone.”

“Dexter running away from their defense on his touchdown really inflated our tires and gave up a lot of confidence.”

“The only thing really different is seeing Dexter’s [Jackson] face on ESPN.com. That doesn’t happen around here too often. However, the past two seasons we’ve gone 26-4. We’re a good football team and we like winning. That’s what we do around here and now we’re 27-4.”

“We had been training real hard on blocking kicks and thought in the game that their line was opening up. We executed perfectly and everything opened just like we thought. It was almost like a flashback to last year’s Furman game “

Senior wide receiver Dexter Jackson
“I was nervous at the start of the game. After I made a play and saw how poised [quarterback] Armanti Edwards was, I felt good and knew we could compete. We knew that regardless of how big they are and how many fans or cheerleaders or whatever they had, that on the field it was 11-on-11.

Sophomore quarterback Armanti Edwards
“During the week we studied Michigan real hard and saw a lot of openings in their defense and knew if we could execute we could have a good afternoon.”

Last edited by Junior G; 09-03-2007 at 08:28 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #34
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 15 15
this will be taked about for years.

UNC won the NCAA basketball championship the last year i was there.. my bro said that he would compare that to App beatin Michigan
 10 years ago '05        #35
space
space
38-0 or 6

at half
 10 years ago '06        #36
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
I left the game right before the start of the 3rd quarter, I think we're up 48-0 now.

Man we got back to back games in late October/early November at Furman & at The Citadel.
I can't wait for those.

Last edited by bassy; 09-08-2007 at 06:28 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #37
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2966 2966
so much for the possibility of a letdown game
 10 years ago '05        #38
space
space
i'll be at The Citadel game
 10 years ago '05        #39
space
space
Apps Rout L-R, 48-7, Before Record Crowd of 28,802

[pic - click to view]

BOONE, N.C. – Top-ranked Appalachian State University scored touchdowns on each of its first five possessions and cruised to a 48-7 win over Lenoir-Rhyne in front of a record crowd of 28,802 on Saturday afternoon at Kidd Brewer Stadium.

10 years ago '05        #40
space
space
Mountaineers Welcome NAU to Sold-Out Kidd Brewer Stadium

[pic - click to view]

Appalachian State University hosts one of the most anticipated non-conference matchups in all of NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS — formerly Division I-AA) this season when it hosts perennial Big Sky power Northern Arizona to Kidd Brewer Stadium.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy