The Official Halo 3 Thread Of Awesome (PLEASE PUT ALL YOUR STORY )

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-23-2007, 12:40 PM         #21
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3 weeks of halo

tons of new pics

4th level impressions

A few weeks back, we walked you through the third mission of Halo 3, a level called Tsavo Highway. An hour-long quest to f!ght through a series of Covenant barricades and into the occupied city of Voi along a badly-damaged Kenyan freeway, Tsavo Highway made for a great introduction to the game. It featured vehicular combat, vicious large-scale encounters and plenty of on-foot action -- not to mention great graphics and plenty of ties to the events of the previous game. But variety is a Halo trademark (the original game's duplicate levels aside, smartasses), and if mission four -- entitled The Storm -- is any indication, Halo 3 won't be found wanting.

A word of warning: As with our hands-on of Tsavo Highway, this preview reveals some details about story and mission structure that you may not want to spoil for yourself. But don't fret -- if all you want to do is check out pretty pictures, we have you covered there, too. Check out our new gallery of exclusive Halo 3 screens!

Unlike Tsavo Highway, a largely open, vehicle-oriented stage set in the countryside, The Storm takes the f!ght into more urban areas. The mission begins with Master Chief mounted up in a convoy of Warthogs heading into the city of Voi. At times reminscent of the Halo 2 level Outskirts, The Storm has its own very distinct feel. Cramped interiors flow seamlessly into immense open courtyards; small-scale melees become vehicular free-for-alls at a moment's notice. And the mission culminates in encounters with two of the biggest foes Master Chief has ever faced down.

So how does The Storm set itself apart from its predecessor? For starters, it's set in a largely industrialized portion of Voi. Where Outskirts places players in New Mombasa's residential areas, f!ghting from house to house, this trip through urban Africa transpires primarily in large factories and warehouses. It's no copy-and-paste industrial wasteland, though; each and every area boasts its own distinct layout and look. One moment you'll be moving through a narrow corridor of gun racks only to find yourself in an expansive warehouse with sunlight streaming through windows in the high ceilings. This building seems to be decked out in worn concrete, the next in girders and raw wood. You'll f!ght through lengthy storage space where Drones swarm, but only after taking down the command squad in the adjacent offices.

The interior skirmishes are offset by forays through open areas where your tactics change considerably. Cover is harder to come by, and the enemies more plentiful -- and in many cases, mounted on vehicles. Grunts, formerly limited to serving as foot soldiers and manning the occasional gun battery, now pilot Ghosts and Banshees. This revelation arrives at the worst possible moment as a fleet of Covenant light vehicles traps Master Chief and a small cadre of Marines in a dead-end situation that requires a fair amount of cunning to overcome... especially since a Wraith is lobbing plasma fire across a courtyard the entire time. (Our preferred tactic: lure a single Ghost from the pack, sidestep at the last moment and steal the vehicle.)

The Covenant isn't alone in their use of armed rides, of course; the human forces occasionally pitch in with some helpful wheels as well. The sky is thick with dogf!ghts, too, including an errant Hornet: small human-built VTOL that bumbles about the airspace targeting random Banshees.

The mission's most impressive sequence comes shortly after dispatching the drones -- Master Chief meets up with a team of Marines mounted on Mongoose ATVs. The player takes the wheel while the back seat is occupied by a Marine sporting a rocket launcher, and your team sets out to blast a series of Wraith tanks. Victory is short-lived, though, as a massive Scarab walker appears and proceeds to make every effort to crush and/or vaporize the Master Chief.

cont.

im done, if p-hill is not gonna post anything good, then i wont either
 10 years ago '04        #22
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 547 547
This is best war ever
 08-23-2007, 01:01 PM         #23
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u k!lling me man, u a cheater son u a mod so u deleted my sh*t so everyone can go to ur thread
ill let u slide this time around
 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM         #24
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

i see.. when i post it no one care.. when phill does everyone cares :(
 10 years ago '05        #25
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10772 10772
we didn't post the same 1up info i don't think
 08-23-2007, 02:20 PM         #26
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:

i see.. when i post it no one care.. when phill does everyone cares :(
trust me, i was gonna diss u, but i was like na hes not even a halo fan like that, so i just gave u props

unless u dont wanna get in the little war of ours
 08-23-2007, 02:41 PM         #27
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wtf are you smoking? im buying halo 3

i hated halo 2.. what does me posting halo info have to do with you dissing or me being a fan? or a "war" ?

lay off the crack son
 08-23-2007, 02:43 PM         #28
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah.. we did lol i linked all the new halo news from the past like 2 days in it lol
 10 years ago '04        #29
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,403 | Props total: 3908 3908
this looks fu*king ill
 08-23-2007, 02:57 PM         #30
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:

i hated halo 2.. what does me posting halo info have to do with you dissing or me being a fan? or a "war" ?

lay off the crack son
HAHAHA GOT EM!!!!

Finally you jump aboard the Halo ship.
 08-23-2007, 02:57 PM         #31
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BTW P-Hill > god
 08-23-2007, 03:31 PM         #32
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:

lay off the crack son

then u havent been around this forum lately

hop off immediately
 08-23-2007, 03:34 PM         #33
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ive been on this forum everyday, i just dont pay attention to nobodies like you
 08-23-2007, 03:54 PM         #34
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f*ck outta here. rest a.ssured i dont care wat u or anybody else thinks about me on this board. and im 100% sure ur a nobody in real life as well

if u couldnt have found the joke/humor funny then thats to bad. u should step outta ur moms basement and socialize a bit

50 y.o. virgin playing parappa the rapper and nintendo dogs

hop off please
 08-23-2007, 07:31 PM         #35
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks like the kid caught feelings
 10 years ago '05        #36
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10772 10772
let's take it out in MP

10 years ago '06        #37
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,330 | Props total: 221 221
all real halo fans please keep this thread alive until the launch of halo 3 cuz that gta thread is poppin right now
 08-24-2007, 08:44 PM         #38
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ill definitely finish SP before i move to MP. because if i play MP first. i will never be able to play SP.
 10 years ago '06        #39
Sel 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 65 65
good sh*t p hill
 08-25-2007, 06:39 AM         #40
Snyder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i wont be recording nothing or working when this come off from that tuesday to the next tuesday
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago