J. Dilla>>>>Dr. Dre...U Damn right I said it!!!!!!!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #21
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
Ice Cube, NWA, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, 50 Cent
 08-23-2007, 02:32 AM         #22
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Ice Cube, NWA, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, 50 Cent
A Tribe Called Quest, Slum Village, Common, Jay Electronica, Ta'Raach, Fat Ray, Phat Kat, Black Milk, Jaylib, De La Soul...Need I continue, because I can.
 08-23-2007, 02:33 AM         #23
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Please dont compare dres discography of number one hits to j dilla who was a tiny dot on the radar until his untimely death. Dre is not overrated at all he has one of the best discographys in music history. Dilla is good but he aint spectacular
lets have a flashback before his death....

2005 - Common - Be

7. Love Is....
12. It's Your World Part 1 & 2

2 of the hottest beats that entire year,better than anything Dre did and remember, that was the same year Documentary dropped, and Dre had most of the production on that.

Prior to that? C'mon ya'll....some of Common's most notable work was done with Dilla. And what about The Light ya'll? That was like Common's most notable song alongside I Used To Love H.E.R. .

I think that becuz every beat Dilla produced wasnt made as known as Dre's work, some people won't be able to appreciate it as much, especially people who haven't even heard of Dilla. Everytime Dre has a beat on an album, that album will be acknowledged becuz of Dre's presence, everytime Dilla appears, its rarely acknowledged by people other than his core fanbase.
 10 years ago '06        #24
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Dre aint even my fav producer but to say dilla is better is a travesty. I have heard every album that dilla has had and most of his other sh*t and he fails to impress me while dre has had some of the most classic beats in rap history and your a fool if u believe otherwise.

btw

The Documentary Dre beats> J Dilla Career
 08-23-2007, 02:41 AM         #25
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Dre aint even my fav producer but to say dilla is better is a travesty. I have heard every album that dilla has had and most of his other sh*t and he fails to impress me while dre has had some of the most classic beats in rap history and your a fool if u believe otherwise.

btw

No you haven't.

this is some of the newer styles he was starting up before he died.
 10 years ago '04        #26
Crazy Chi Guy 
space
space
$348 | Props total: 0 0
Well overall I gotta agree with the thread starter, I truly enjoy Jd's catalog overall than Dre's catalogue of music. With that being said, I am by noo means saying that JD is greater than Dre. These to musical geniouses have contributed to hiphop musically in ways that these new up and coming producers will never imagine ie..(The n*gga who produced soulja boy's = crank that, needs to k!ll himself).. comparing Dre and Dilla is like compairing Nas and Jayz. Nas being Dilla and Dre being Jayz. Without a doubt Dre has maintained a career by making music on a high level with mass appeal succes, same can be said about Jayz (More mass appeal, but still skillful)..JD is comparable to Nas, he's the People's Champ, hes what u would call a producers producer with soul. Same with Nas, he's what u call a Mc's favorite MC...but both J.Dilla and Nas have not really got the same main stream success as say a Jay Z or Dre. With that being said, both producers are considered the best in their profession, and I dont think that it would be fair to say who is better than the other. Its more of a personal opinion...I think that a more fair comparison would be Dre vs. Timbaland...NOW DEBUT ON THAT ONE..LOL...HOLLA...TRUE HIPHOP CULTURE WILL ALWAYS LIVE ON..AND CHICAGO IS THE CITY TO KEEP THE sh*t ALIVE...100
 10 years ago '04        #27
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
 modalee81 said:

btw

for u to say that really makes me wonder what people think QUALITY music is.....Have you heard Fantastic Vol. 2? I mean really
 10 years ago '06        #28
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
No you haven't.

this is some of the newer styles he was starting up before he died.
how are u goin to tell me what i have and havent listened to?

That beat is good but thats what he is a good producer not a great producer like Dr Dre or DJ Premiere.

Last edited by modalee; 08-23-2007 at 02:46 AM..
 08-23-2007, 02:46 AM         #29
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
how are u goin to tell me what i have and havent listened to?

That beat is good but thats what he is a good producer not a great producer like Dr Dre or DJ Premiere.
All three are legends, if you choose to hate on Dilla, be my guest. I don't give a sh*t.
 08-23-2007, 02:48 AM         #30
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DPGUNIT said:
I challenge the boxden populace to listen to any and i mean ANY Dilla beat (namely Waves off the Donuts album..im sorry i cant get this beat out of my head for sh*t its that wonderful) n tell me that sh*t dont get in your soul!!!! Dre is more commercially known but Dilla has been puttin it down for a while...and if the man was still alive he'd still be bringing the heat..RIP

Thoughts???????
Donuts? That sh*t aint that hot dude. Overrated album.

Dilla is the GOAT producer because of his versatility when it comes to the boards. You know you hot when you got MC's from overseas asking for beats.
 10 years ago '04        #31
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 luda06 said:

Dilla is the GOAT producer because of his versatility when it comes to the boards. You know you hot when you got MC's from overseas asking for beats.
 10 years ago '06        #32
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
All three are legends, if you choose to hate on Dilla, be my guest. I don't give a sh*t.
im not hating at all. Im saying he a good producer but has been overrated by guys like the thread starter and others on the internet ever since he passed away.
 08-23-2007, 02:50 AM         #33
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:

You just made a complete a.ss of yourself.
 08-23-2007, 02:53 AM         #34
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
im not hating at all. Im saying he a good producer but has been overrated by guys like the thread starter and others on the internet ever since he passed away.
He is one of the most consistent producers ever. He helped create Neo-soul, I have never heard a wack beat out of him ever. He is a legend.
 10 years ago '04        #35
Crazy Chi Guy 
space
space
sh*t if you really wanna argue...WHO IS BETTER KANYE OR DRE?
 10 years ago '06        #36
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Kanye is the best in the game right now.
 08-23-2007, 02:56 AM         #37
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Kanye is the best in the game right now.
gahahahahhahaha
 10 years ago '04        #38
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 modalee81 said:
whoa whoa whoa.........how am i overrating the man...just because im givin him props after he died? if the man was alive i still woulda made this thread...i posed this argument when 2001 came out...what makes him overrated please inform me? and i want you to put them same standards against Dre...Dre is overrated in every since of the word...sh*t as of right NOW i'll go as far to say Hi-Tek>>>>Dre real talk...the last Dre beat u heard was probably that Outstanding sh*t and if he was "the greatest producer of all time" like everyone makes him out to be then that was some below standards sh*t...everybody always goes apesh*t when they see Dre mentioned on an album and then it turns out to be some BS...Music if for life from Tek>>>anything Dre has done recently....hell The Blast>>>>4got about Dre, and majority of 2001
 10 years ago '04        #39
Crazy Chi Guy 
space
space
HOW ABOUT THIS ONE...AND THIS ARGUMENT IS FOR TRUE HIPHOP FANS...AND I DONT MEAN THESE YOUNG fu*kS THAT WERE BORN AFTER 1982..

PETE ROCKS VS.............J DILLA....

LETS GOOOO..

I GOT MY OPINION..

OVERALL : PETE ROCK..I'M JUST A PETE ROCK FAN...
 08-23-2007, 03:01 AM         #40
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crazy Chi Guy said:
HOW ABOUT THIS ONE...AND THIS ARGUMENT IS FOR TRUE HIPHOP FANS...AND I DONT MEAN THESE YOUNG fu*kS THAT WERE BORN AFTER 1982..

PETE ROCKS VS.............J DILLA....

LETS GOOOO..

I GOT MY OPINION..

OVERALL : PETE ROCK..I'M JUST A PETE ROCK FAN...
Pete Rock definitely, but yo I was born in 1990, so I guess my opinion don't count right?...:rolleyes:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy