J. Dilla>>>>Dr. Dre...U Damn right I said it!!!!!!!

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
60 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-23-2007, 07:02 PM         #181
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 timdog said:
rza>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dilla
yeah, basically.
 10 years ago '04        #182
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,964 | Props total: 4669 4669
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
Neptunes I think Pharrell and Chad would both tell you your buggin.
Y'all do know Dilla is Pharrell's favorite producer right?
 08-23-2007, 08:37 PM         #183
SilverServer215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DPGUNIT said:
I challenge the boxden populace to listen to any and i mean ANY Dilla beat (namely Waves off the Donuts album..im sorry i cant get this beat out of my head for sh*t its that wonderful) n tell me that sh*t dont get in your soul!!!! Dre is more commercially known but Dilla has been puttin it down for a while...and if the man was still alive he'd still be bringing the heat..RIP

Thoughts???????
I PHUKIN AGREE
 10 years ago '06        #184
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
Dilla was a great producer. But I swear everytime somebody die, we all glorify this person to be 10 times better than he was when he was still living.
And for the record Dre>Dilla

Last edited by Maddog345; 08-23-2007 at 08:59 PM..
 08-23-2007, 08:50 PM         #185
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KE3 said:
I don't think it's fair comparison. Lets see Dre has hits, and Dilla spent his time in his house doing work for backpackers that many never heard of before. I like the stuff he did with Common, the Fantastic Vol. 2 with SV. Umm, Donuts, The Shining, some stuff with De La Soul I liked. Helped on Amplified, etc. And I like some of his remixes, but comparing him to Dre, wow. Really? Nah. Dre has produced for numerous classic albums from D.O.C. to Snoop to his own.
fu*k?

Lets see how many dudes Dilla help boost or put on.

Pharcyde - Runnin made Hip-Hop's top 5 Chart in 1995.

Slum Village - Basically put them on the map

ATCQ - Beats Rhymes and Life went platinum and had the #15 single with the number #1 peaking of the chart. The Love Movement also went gold with the classic singles he produced

Busta Rhymes - Produced for him since '96'
The Coming - Platinum
When Disaster Strikes - Platinum
Anarchy - Platinum
Genesis - Platinum
It Aint Safe No More - Gold

Janet Jackson - Produced Got 'Til It's Gone for her album. #3 R&B single and the album went 12x platinum in '97.

Q-Tip- Vivrant thing had the #7 single, Breathe & Stop #21 in 2000.

Common- Produced "The Light" and put Com on the map with his first Gold album with Like Water for Chocolate.

Erykah Badu - Produced 2 singles from "Mama's Gun" and the album went platinum.

Not to mention the numerous local artists he produces for in Detroit, his studio has A LOT of platinum plaques in it.
 10 years ago '06        #186
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
 luda06 said:
You could say the same thing about Dre.
 08-23-2007, 08:55 PM         #187
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maddog345 said:
You could say the same thing about Dre.
Yeah, I'm not here to discredit Dre. I just letting dudes know that Dilla didnt just make music for Backpack artists. He made his share of commercial records and people didn't even know who he was.
 10 years ago '06        #188
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
 luda06 said:
Yeah, I'm not here to discredit Dre. I just letting dudes know that Dilla didnt just make music for Backpack artists. He made his share of commercial records and people didn't even know who he was.
True, alot of catz don't know how much Dilla has done for Hip-Hop.
 08-23-2007, 09:25 PM         #189
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
The Neptunes>>> J Dilla

N.E.R.D. "In search of">>>>>>>>>>>>>
gahahahhahahahhahahahaha

WHY ARE YOU BACK?

YOU ALREADY ADMITTED YOU HAVE HEARD LESS THAN 20 DILLA BEATS.

Your just a fu*king hater, there is no other way to describe it.

Last edited by `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´; 08-23-2007 at 09:27 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #190
LigerX 
space
space
$573 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
The Neptunes>>> J Dilla

N.E.R.D. "In search of">>>>>>>>>>>>>
Damn son...u do realize Neptune beats are all hit or miss...u on sumthin serious to be sayin that

But yea...agreed with thread starter
 08-23-2007, 09:29 PM         #191
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
I heard then less the 20 dilla beats ???
You said all you have heard from him is his beats for ATCQ and Common...LOL

Your pretty sad.
 10 years ago '04        #192
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
 Curtisimo said:
i said recognize him (or thats what i meant to say)for

i do listen to slum village and Busta rhymes i dont own any of thier albums to peep the credits to know he did soem of thier work(i got thier lps on my cpu)

and the more n*ggaz begining to name what he did the more overated i feel he is

its a shame dude been in the game for like 16 years and it took his death for n*ggaz to praise him
Dilla has been one of if not my fav prodcuer for the longest fam...
 10 years ago '05        #193
LigerX 
space
space
$573 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
ppfffft Neptunes work on Kelis debut album sh*ts on whatever he done im abotu to dl this donut sh*t to see whats the goo goo ga ga about
Neptunes production on Kelis debut album was pretty hot ill give u that...but better than dilla...wouldnt say all that. Like i said...Nuptunes has some hit or miss beats...some of their beats be wack as hell...sometimes worse than wack.
 10 years ago '07        #194
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,779 | Props total: 2 2
Dilla is the king
 08-23-2007, 09:47 PM         #195
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:

i do listen to slum village and Busta rhymes i dont own any of thier albums to peep the credits to know he did soem of thier work(i got thier lps on my cpu)

its a shame dude been in the game for like 16 years and it took his death for n*ggaz to praise him
He didn't do anything on Detroit Deli (Might of done one beat) and I am sure thats all you heard, because Kanye is on it.

Fantastic Volume 2, get that, don't get Donuts.
 10 years ago '04        #196
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
He didn't do anything on Detroit Deli (Might of done one beat) and I am sure thats all you heard, because Kanye is on it.

Fantastic Volume 2, get that, don't get Donuts.
i think yall got the whole "donuts" thing twisted i was just sayin how the "waves" beat is one of the greatest beats i've ever heard...i know he's got wayyyyyyyyy more material but that beat right there gets in my soul fam no bullsh*tbut yeah cop Fantastic Vol 1 and 2...cuz i dont know why the fu*k im fu*kin wit you...CLASSIC!!!!!!!
 08-23-2007, 10:15 PM         #197
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:

YOU need to stop posting in this thread. Dilla never made beats for the fame, so you're basically admitting that you're one of these lil backpack muhfu*kas. Dilla doesn't have a signature sound, he doesn't scream his name on the track, nor does he hop in numerous music videos unlike many other famously known producers.

Just stop it, make ur own decision, don't let other people make it for you.
 10 years ago '05        #198
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1667 1667
J Dilla's beats could touch your soul, but Dre's beats could get your head noddin' along.

They're both great in different aspects.
 08-23-2007, 10:18 PM         #199
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
YOU need to stop posting in this thread. Dilla never made beats for the fame, so you're basically admitting that you're one of these lil backpack muhfu*kas. Dilla doesn't have a signature sound, he doesn't scream his name on the track, nor does he hop in numerous music videos unlike many other famously known producers.

Just stop it, make ur own decision, don't let other people make it for you.
This post don't make sense to me. He said he was leaving and he openly hated on "Backpack" music. J Dilla DOES have a signature sound aswell. I mean maybe YOU haven't listened to alot of his stuff?
 10 years ago '07        #200
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,462 | Props total: 14905 14905
 luda06 said:
fu*k?

Pharcyde - Runnin made Hip-Hop's top 5 Chart in 1995.

Slum Village - Basically put them on the map

ATCQ - Beats Rhymes and Life went platinum and had the #15 single with the number #1 peaking of the chart. The Love Movement also went gold with the classic singles he produced

Busta Rhymes - Produced for him since '96'
The Coming - Platinum
When Disaster Strikes - Platinum
Anarchy - Platinum
Genesis - Platinum
It Aint Safe No More - Gold

Janet Jackson - Produced Got 'Til It's Gone for her album. #3 R&B single and the album went 12x platinum in '97.

Q-Tip- Vivrant thing had the #7 single, Breathe & Stop #21 in 2000.

Common- Produced "The Light" and put Com on the map with his first Gold album with Like Water for Chocolate.

Erykah Badu - Produced 2 singles from "Mama's Gun" and the album went platinum.

Not to mention the numerous local artists he produces for in Detroit, his studio has A LOT of platinum plaques in it.
ok since u put it like dat

1992: "Deep Cover" (featuring Snoop Dogg)
1993: "Nuthin' But a "G" Thang" (featuring Snoop Dogg)
1993: "Dre Day" (featuring Snoop Dogg)
1993: "Let Me Ride" (featuring Snoop Dogg)
1993: "Who am I (What's My Name?)" (Snoop Dogg)
1993: "Gin & Juice" (Snoop Dogg featuring Daz Dillinger)
1995: "California Love" (2Pac))
1999: "Still D.R.E." (featuring Snoop Dogg)
1999: "Forgot About Dre" (featuring Eminem)
1999: "My Name Is" (Eminem)
1999: "Role Model" (Eminem)
2000: "X" (Xzibit)
2000: "The Next Episode" (featuring Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, & Kurupt)
2000: "The Real Slim Shady" (Eminem)
2001: "Family Affair" (Mary J. Blige)
2001: "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" (Eve featuring Gwen Stefani)
2001: "Break Ya Neck" (Busta Rhymes)
2003: "In da Club" (50 Cent)
2003: "If I Can't" (50 Cent)
2003: "Poppin' Them Thangs" (G-Unit)
2003: "The Set Up" (Obie Trice featuring Nate Dogg)
2004: "Just Lose It" (Eminem)
2004: "Ass Like That" (Eminem)
2004: "Rich Girl" (Gwen Stefani featuring Eve)
2005: "How We Do" (The Game featuring 50 Cent)
2005: "Outta Control (remix)" (50 Cent featuring Mobb Deep)
2006: "Lost Ones" (Jay-Z featuring Chrisette Michele)
2007: "Boss' Life (remix)" (Snoop Dogg featuring Nate Dogg)
2007: "30 Something (Jay-Z)

[edit] Production credits
The following is a list of the songs produced or written by Dr. Dre, regardless of the main artist.

Original release date Artist Album Songs Role Record Labels
1987 Bobby Jimmy and The Critters Back and Proud "Milkshake" Production Macola
1987 C.I.A. My Posse (entire album) Executive production Macola
1988 N.W.A. Straight Outta Compton (entire album) Producer, rapper Ruthless/Priority
1988 Eazy-E Eazy-Duz-It (entire album) Producer Ruthless/Priority
1989 The D.O.C. No One Can Do It Better (entire album) Producer, vocalist Ruthless/Priority
1989 Michel'le Michel'le (entire album) Producer Atco
1990 N.W.A. 100 Miles and Runnin' (entire album) Producer, rapper Ruthless/Priority
1990 Bobby Jimmy and The Critters Bobby Jimmy You a Fool - The Best of Bobby Jimmy & The Critters "Ugly Knuckle Butt" Remixer K-tel
1990 Above the Law Livin' Like Hustlers' Producer Ruthless/Priority
1991 N.W.A. Efil4zaggin (entire album) Producer, rapper Ruthless/Priority
1991 Jimmy Z Muzical Madness (entire album) Producer, rapper Ruthless/Priority
1992 Various artists Deep Cover (soundtrack) "Deep Cover", "Love Or Lust" Producer, rapper The Right Stuff
1992 Dr. Dre The Chronic (entire album) Producer, rapper death Row/Interscope
1993 Various artists Poetic Justice (Original Soundtrack) "n*ggas Don't Give a fu*k" Producer Interscope Records/death Row Records/Epic Records
1993 Snoop Doggy Dogg Doggystyle (entire album) Executive producer, producer, rapper death Row/Interscope
1994 Various artists Above the Rim "Afro Puffs" Producer death Row/Interscope
1994 Various artists murder Was the Case "murder Was the Case (remix)", "Natural Born k!llaz", "Harvest for the World" Producer death Row/Interscope
1995 Various artists Friday (soundtrack) "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" Producer, rapper Priority Records
1996 2Pac All Eyez on Me "California Love (remix)", "Can't C Me" Producer death Row/Interscope
1996 Nas It Was Written "Nas Is Coming" Producer Columbia
1996 Various artists Dr. Dre Presents…The Aftermath "Aftermath (The Intro)", "East Coast/West Coast k!llas", "sh*ttin' on The World", "Blunt Time", "Been There, Done That", "s3xy Dance", "Fame" Producer Aftermath/Interscope
1997 Scarface The Untouchable "Game Over" Producer Rap-A-Lot
1997 The Firm Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ, and Nature Present The Firm: The Album "Firm Fiasco", "Phone Tap", "Firm Family", "Untouchable", "Five Minutes To Flush" Producer Aftermath/Interscope
1998 Various artists Bulworth (soundtrack) "Zoom" Producer Interscope Records
1998 2Pac Greatest Hits "California Love [Original Version]" Producer Amaru/death Row
1999 Eminem The Slim Shady LP "My Name Is", "Guilty Conscience", "Role Model" Executive producer, producer Aftermath/Interscope
1999 Snoop Dogg No Limit Top Dogg "Buck 'Em", "bi*ch Please", "Just Dippin'" Producer No Limit/Priority
1999 Dr. Dre 2001 (entire album except "The Message") Executive producer, producer, album mixer Aftermath/Interscope
1999 Kurupt Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha "Ho's a Housewife" Producer Artemis
1999 Jay-Z Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter "Watch Me" Rapper Roc-A-Fella/Island Def Jam
2000 Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP "Kill You", "Who Knew", "The Real Slim Shady", "Remember Me?", "I'm Back" Executive producer, producer Aftermath/Interscope
2000 Ice Cube War & Peace - Volume 2 (The Peace Disc) "Hello" Producer Priority
2000 Snoop Dogg Tha Last Meal "Intro", "Hennessey N Buddah", "True Lies", "Lay Low" Producer No Limit/Priority
2000 Xzibit Restless "U Know", "X", "Best of Things" Executive producer, producer Loud
2001 Warren G The Return of the Regulator "Lookin' At You" Producer Universal
2001 Eve Scorpion "Let Me Blow Ya Mind", "That's What It Is" Producer Ruff Ryders
2001 D12 Devil's Night "nasty Mind", "Ain't Nuttin' but Music", "f!ght Music", "Revelation" Producer Shady/Interscope
2001 Bilal 1st Born Second "Fast Lane", "Sally" Producer Interscope
2001 Mary J. Blige No More Drama "Family Affair" Producer MCA
2001 Various artists The Wash soundtrack "Bad Intentions", "Holla", "Str8 West Coast", "The Wash" Producer Aftermath/Doggystyle
2001 Busta Rhymes Genesis "Truck Volume", "Break ya Neck", "Holla" Producer J Records
2001 Nate Dogg Music & Me "Your Wife" Producer Elektra
2001 Mack 10 Bang or Ball "Hate In Your Eyes" Producer Cash Money
2002 Devin the Dude Just Tryin' Ta Live "It's A Shame" Producer Rap-A-Lot
2002 Eminem The Eminem Show "Business", "Say What You Say", "My Dad's Gone Crazy" Executive producer, producer Shady/Aftermath/Interscope
2002 Truth Hurts Truthfully Speaking "Push Play", "Jimmy", "Queen Of The Ghetto" Executive producer, producer Aftermath/Interscope
2002 Eve Eve-Olution "What", "Satisfaction" Producer Interscope
2002 Xzibit Man vs. Machine "Symphony in X Major", "Multiply", "Choke Me, Spank Me (Pull My Hair)", "Losin' Your Mind" Executive producer, producer Loud
2002 Jay-Z The Blueprint 2: The Gift & the Curse "The Watcher 2" Producer/Rapper Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam
2002 King Tee The Kingdom Come "Speak On It", "Monay", "Da Kron", "Reel Raw", "6 N 'Na Moe'nin", "Big Ballin' (Playin' 2 Win)", "Where's T" Producer Greedy Green Entertainment/Mo Beatz
2003 40 Glocc The Jakal "Papa Lil Soldier" Producer BMG
2003 50 Cent Get Rich Or Die Tryin' "In da Club", "Heat", "If I Can't", "Back Down" Executive producer, producer Shady/Aftermath/Interscope
2003 50 Cent 50 Cent: The New Breed "In da Hood" Producer Interscope
2003 Obie Trice Cheers "The Set Up", "sh*t Hits The Fan", "Look In My Eyes", "Oh!" Producer Shady/Interscope
2003 G-Unit Beg for Mercy "Poppin' Them Thangs", "G'd Up" Producer G-Unit/Interscope
2003 The D.O.C. Deuce "Mentally Disturbed", "Judgement Day", "Psychic Pimp Hotline" Producer Silverback
2004 Knoc-Turn'Al The Way I Am "I Like" Producer Elektra
2004 D12 D12 World "American Psycho II" Producer Shady/Interscope
2004 Eminem Encore "Evil Deeds", "Never Enough", "Mosh", "Rain Man", "Big Weenie", "Just Lose It", "Ass Like That", "Encore/Curtains Down" Executive producer, producer Shady/Aftermath/Interscope
2004 Gwen Stefani Love. Angel. Music. Baby. "Rich Girl" Producer Interscope
2005 50 Cent The Massacre "Outta Control (remix)", "Gunz Come Out" Executive producer, producer G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath/Interscope
2005 50 Cent Get Rich or Die Tryin' Soundtrack "Talk About Me", "When It Rains It Pours" Producer G-Unit/Interscope
2005 Eminem Curtain Call: The Hits Executive producer, producer Shady/Aftermath/Interscope
2005 The Game The Documentary "Intro", "Westside Story", "Higher", "How We Do", "Start From Scratch", "Don't Worry" Executive producer, producer G-Unit/Aftermath/Interscope
2006 Busta Rhymes The Big Bang "Get You Some", How We Do It Over Here", "Goldmine", "Don't Get Carried Away", "Legend of the Fall Offs", "Cocaina" Executive producer, producer Aftermath/Interscope
2006 Eminem Eminem Presents: The Re-Up' "Get Low" Producer Shady
2006 Jay-Z Kingdom Come "Lost One", "30 Something", "Trouble", "Minority Report" Producer, album mixer Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam
2006 Snoop Dogg Tha Blue Carpet Treatment "Boss' Life", "Round Here", "Imagine" Producer, album mixer Doggystyle/Geffen
2006 Nas Hip Hop Is Dead "Hustlers" Producer Def Jam
2007 Sunshine Anderson Sunshine At Midnight "Problems" Producer, mixer Music World Entertainment
2007 Young Buck Buck the World "Hold On", "U Ain't Goin' Nowhere" Producer G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath/Interscope
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy