J. Dilla>>>>Dr. Dre...U Damn right I said it!!!!!!!

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
23 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
10271 pageviews
263 comments

DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
J. Dilla>>>>Dr. Dre...U Damn right I said it!!!!!!!

I challenge the boxden populace to listen to any and i mean ANY Dilla beat (namely Waves off the Donuts album..im sorry i cant get this beat out of my head for sh*t its that wonderful) n tell me that sh*t dont get in your soul!!!! Dre is more commercially known but Dilla has been puttin it down for a while...and if the man was still alive he'd still be bringing the heat..RIPimage

Thoughts???????

263 comments for "J. Dilla>>>>Dr. Dre...U Damn right I said it!!!!!!!"

08-23-2007, 12:46 AM         #2
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both of y'all is on dope.
 10 years ago '04        #3
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
The ONLY reason people are gonna disagree with you is cuz Dilla never had a "California Love" type popular beat.. either that or they're 14 and have no clue who he is

I on the other hand agree with the thread title
 08-23-2007, 12:53 AM         #4
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree any and everyday of my life and my kids kids kids kids life.
 10 years ago '04        #5
young shiz 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,113 | Props total: 91 91
I can't argue with it. Dre's beats just don't hit me like Dillas
 08-23-2007, 01:00 AM         #6
deejay_emcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall sound soo serious

dre CANNOT BE TOUCHED BY NOBODY. PERIOD.:applause:
 08-23-2007, 01:01 AM         #7
Nerd_Rich 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dilla was mad nice and his beats were dope........
 10 years ago '05        #8
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
i'm not going to disagree with you, or agree with you until i've heard more from dilla. i've only heard a few things from him, and most of dre's big beats so its an unfair battle for me. if you could some how up the Waves beat, or tell me more about it (so i can limewire it or w/e) than i'll hit u back with props and my answer. I wouldn't take the time for too many (Dre vs. ____) discussions because for most of the game, i'ma side with Dre, but i read an article on Dilla and found out hes probably the most musical guy i've ever heard of. He was pitchin samples with tape players before the technology was even available to him. they said he would literally take apart a tape player and fu*k with the pitch knob so that he could speed up samples, and hit play record play record play record to get everything str8. thats insane to me, considering my sampling skills aren't even top knotch (yet) and I DO have proper technology. the way this dude was doin beats back in the day, is wild to me. I got alot of respect for people that have that much love for music. r.i.p.
 10 years ago '04        #9
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 benadreal said:
i'm not going to disagree with you, or agree with you until i've heard more from dilla. i've only heard a few things from him, and most of dre's big beats so its an unfair battle for me. if you could some how up the Waves beat, or tell me more about it (so i can limewire it or w/e) than i'll hit u back with props and my answer. I wouldn't take the time for too many (Dre vs. ____) discussions because for most of the game, i'ma side with Dre, but i read an article on Dilla and found out hes probably the most musical guy i've ever heard of. He was pitchin samples with tape players before the technology was even available to him. they said he would literally take apart a tape player and fu*k with the pitch knob so that he could speed up samples, and hit play record play record play record to get everything str8. thats insane to me, considering my sampling skills aren't even top knotch (yet) and I DO have proper technology. the way this dude was doin beats back in the day, is wild to me. I got alot of respect for people that have that much love for music. r.i.p.
try imeem.com fam it might be on there i cant up it now im @ work im tellin you....right hand to the man that beat ALONE is more than enough
 08-23-2007, 01:20 AM         #10
Dhazedg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
yall sound soo serious

dre CANNOT BE TOUCHED BY NOBODY. PERIOD.:applause:
 10 years ago '06        #11
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2281 2281
j dilla ever since he dieed has become the most OVERRATED producer in the game today. He has a few alright beats but his sh*t is nothing spectacular to be honest some of his sh*t bores the fu*k outta me.
 10 years ago '04        #12
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 modalee81 said:
j dilla ever since he dieed has become the most OVERRATED producer in the game today. He has a few alright beats but his sh*t is nothing spectacular to be honest some of his sh*t bores the fu*k outta me.
and Dre isnt? its taking this n*gga how long to drop the "greatest album of all time" while Dilla has been puttin out some of the illest sh*t to date!!!!
 10 years ago '06        #13
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2281 2281
Please dont compare dres discography of number one hits to j dilla who was a tiny dot on the radar until his untimely death. Dre is not overrated at all he has one of the best discographys in music history. Dilla is good but he aint spectacular
 10 years ago '04        #14
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 modalee81 said:
Please dont compare dres discography of number one hits to j dilla who was a tiny dot on the radar until his untimely death. Dre is not overrated at all he has one of the best discographys in music history. Dilla is good but he aint spectacular
dun..da da dun..dun..dun..dun....(my California Love)Hottest sh*t ever right?i will give Dre Let me ride but in all honesty dillas catalogue is way too strong fam
 08-23-2007, 01:38 AM         #15
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all are either some confused a.ss n*ggas or on dope, like I said originally.
 08-23-2007, 01:52 AM         #16
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dilla OVERRATED? Son, ppl were ALREDY sayin he was one of the greats and that he was an ill producer b4 he died.....Now somma these n*ggas NOW, are NOW just realizing how good this man is, even tho he never got the real props he deserved b4 and after he died
 08-23-2007, 01:54 AM         #17
Eqman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tragic that he died but yeah i agree with the thread starter Dilla>Dre.
 10 years ago '04        #18
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 X-NINE said:
Dilla OVERRATED? Son, ppl were ALREDY sayin he was one of the greats and that he was an ill producer b4 he died.....Now somma these n*ggas NOW, are NOW just realizing how good this man is, even tho he never got the real props he deserved b4 and after he died
:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #19
synopsis03|m 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,778 | Props total: 284 284
first off for the dre riders dr dre is an dope as engineer but producer nah he has like over 20 ghost producers that do tracks for him dilla had none djquik,mahogany, denaun porter, scott storch for his keys at one point, hi tek,nottz and thats just naming a few of dre's ghost producers or should i say beatmakers cause a beatmaker and a producer are diffrent now as far as dilla goes he was a dope producer as well as a dope beatmaker he's hatched slum village,common,ty&kory, fat cat,blackmilk, and a whole crew of real hiphop detriot n*ggas dre has hatched dj quik, eminem, snoop, daz dillinger also one of his ghost producers,Game but un able to mold and build him as an artist after like 4 years 50 took over, he may have had a hand in molding sum of the d12 n*ggas dre would blow dilla off the map sound scan wise but as long as dre aint making his own beats then he is not even comparable to dilla
 08-23-2007, 02:25 AM         #20
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I mean, I think this thread is lucky the Dre stans haven't come in that quick yet. For real though anyone who says Dilla don't have a great discography hasn't heard half his sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
186 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy