NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
70 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-31-2007, 01:05 AM         #341
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Skip>>>Ronnie said:
melo is still the leading scorer :applause:

and had 28 in this tournament to kobes 26 :(
melo is kobes understudy and melo begs like wade to workout with him in the summer melo admitted kobe added a whole new dimension to his game. to bad it didnt envolve defense! kobes defense was the diffrence maker the whole tournament and he singlehandedly dominated the freeworld on D. he held the tournaments leading scorer at 28.7 a game to 1 of 7 shooting
 10 years ago '07        #342
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14597 14597
kobe is playing good defense... but overall person playing the best on this team is melo followed by lebron... i just hope these dudes dont fold @ the olympic games ... its a whole new competition...
 08-31-2007, 03:38 AM         #343
dvd07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Oops did i say Jordan? I ment Kobe

Krzyzewski has Bryant's back

'He's easy to coach,' the Duke legend says of the Lakers' superstar. The pair has bonded even more while working with the U.S. team.
By Steve Springer, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
August 30, 2007

AS VEGAS -- On the court, Kobe Bryant has been a ferocious defender for Mike Krzyzewski in the FIBA Americas Olympic qualifying tournament. Off the court, Krzyzewski is an equally strong defender of Bryant.

The bond between player and coach was formed when Bryant considered coming to Duke rather than jumping directly from high school to the pros. It was strengthened when Krzyzewski considered leaving Duke to coach the Lakers after Phil Jackson's departure in 2004.

And it has been sealed now that they are finally united on the U.S. basketball team.

While Bryant has been heavily criticized for his meltdown after the NBA season, when he went back and forth on his desire to remain a Laker, Krzyzewski is sympathetic.

"I would always want guys who would want to win," Krzyzewski said. "The fact that he's frustrated because they are not winning at the level he would like, I think that's a good problem. I'm sure the Lakers will work things out. The thing about Kobe is that every thing he does is so public. It's the scrutiny placed on an individual who has won three world championships and is considered the best player in the world. That goes with the territory."

Krzyzewski says he has been there for Bryant behind the scenes.

"It's not so much you give advice," said the coach, "because to give advice, you have to have knowledge of the situation. What you want to do is give support, say, 'I'm behind you. Stay steadfast in what you want to do.' "

The two also spoke when it was Krzyzewski's future that was uncertain.

"When I was considering the Laker situation," Krzyzewski said, "he told me he loved the Laker organization and if that's what I wanted to do, he wanted to work with me. No pressure or anything like that. What came across during that time was his love of L.A. and his love of the Laker organization."

Any second thoughts about turning down the Lakers?

"It was a serious consideration," Krzyzewski said, "but I'm the kind of a person, once I make a decision, I don't look back. I've been married 38 years and I don't write to my old girlfriends. It was an honor and I thank them for giving me that opportunity.

"I'm 60 years old. I'm going to do what I do at Duke and I am not going to coach in the pros. Besides coaching college basketball, I love Duke. I just love the university. It was too much to give up."

Krzyzewski said turning pro was too much for Bryant to give up.

"I don't think he was that close to going to college," Krzyzewski said. "I think it was always on his mind to go to the pros. We kind of knew, if he did go to college, he would come to Duke, but we never really counted on it because he was so good and we knew that he would be a very, very high pick.

"We've developed an even closer relationship now. I really like Kobe a lot. He's easy to coach. He buys into everything. He's doing all the unselfish things, playing hard defensively, not really caring about who scores. It's all about winning.

"He'll do whatever he thinks he needs to do to bring about a championship. He's proven it and he wants to prove it again. There are lot of people who prove it once and never want to do it again. He's uncommon. He wants to prove it over and over again. There is nothing bad about Kobe Bryant."

With Carmelo Anthony, the U.S. team's scoring leader, out with a bruised left heel, LeBron James led the way with 26 points Wednesday in a 118-79 victory over Uruguay. James scored all his points in the first half at Thomas & Mack Center, then sat out the second half.

The victory sets up tonight's showdown against Argentina, both teams unbeaten through seven games. Argentina kept its perfect record intact by beating Brazil, 86-79, in overtime on Wednesday.

Krzyzewski said Anthony was kept on the bench as a "precautionary" measure, but he would play tonight. The U.S. is already guaranteed a spot in Saturday's semifinals.

Last edited by dvd07; 08-31-2007 at 03:39 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #344
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,398 | Props total: 4480 4480
 Skip>>>Ronnie said:
defense? how many fouls does he have in this tournament?

if he played more minutes he would foul out every game

giving up 3 point and 4 points play

no wonder why the lakers suck

lol @ when kobe is the leading scorer we only win by 15
You're a fool. Kobe has CLEARLY been the US's best defender, setting the tone defensively for the rest of the team. When your best player comes out and plays with that effort on the defensive end you better believe the rest will follow.

at you saying they only won by 15 with him being leading scorer. Right from teh jumpball he was there to play, he knows argentina is no joke. Imagine that team when Ginobili, Nocioni, Oberto, and Sanchez return next year. Thats a good argentin team. Don't show you're lack of knowledge for the game by posting foolishness
 08-31-2007, 07:21 AM         #345
Anthony O  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good Read
 10 years ago '04        #346
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
^What he said..
 10 years ago '07        #347
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,070 | Props total: 1843 1843
kobe being called jordan, ive never heard that before
 10 years ago '04        #348
I Need Music. 
space
space
$2,826 | Props total: 0 0
Melo yolked it on dude something vicious.

pause.
 10 years ago '04        #349
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,119 | Props total: 1150 1150
damn coach k is 60... dont look that old.
 08-31-2007, 11:01 AM         #350
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We damaging n*ggas egos

Mike Miller needs to step it up though (lowest FG% on the team)

especially since the only reason he is there is to make shots
 10 years ago '06        #351
jj01 
space
space
$44,961 | Props total: 4683 4683
 ceo said:
We damaging n*ggas egos

Mike Miller needs to step it up though (lowest FG% on the team)

especially since the only reason he is there is to make shots

i hear you but that isnt really a telling stat, most of the squad has like 5 layups or more a game to up that sh*t. he has been trash when ive seen him play tho, whats his fg %?
 08-31-2007, 06:58 PM         #352
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
i hear you but that isnt really a telling stat, most of the squad has like 5 layups or more a game to up that sh*t. he has been trash when ive seen him play tho, whats his fg %?

Mike Miller's FG% = .389

I understand most of his shots are coming from behind the arc but still...
 08-31-2007, 10:36 PM         #353
dvd07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got an Infraction for that article LMAO

Mods go get a real job and loosen up those panites
 10 years ago '04        #354
B.O.C. 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 0 0
Are you paying any attention to the FIBA Americas tournament?
 09-01-2007, 12:12 PM         #355
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm watching the other teams more. the FIBA Africas tourney is interesting as well.
 10 years ago '05        #356
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Just checking on what the US is doing. Haven't watched much of the games at all
 10 years ago '06        #357
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
uhhh, yeah, I been watching pretty closely.....seen most of the USA games in pieces, watched the whole game when they beat Mexico, Puerto Rico and Argentina....

watched a few of the other matchups....Canada is fun to watch, same with Brazil...
 10 years ago '04        #358
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
watched every international game the last 7years
 09-01-2007, 01:59 PM         #359
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aint sh*t worth seein but kobe proving time after time hes the best thing to ever touch a ball. and the mods are even bitter about it! lmao!
 09-01-2007, 02:07 PM         #360
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I went to the game against Canada.

It was a tight game except for the lopsided victory. I wanted to see sh*t going down to the wire.

The PG for canada was sick though
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
42 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
18 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc