The Official NL East thread!!!!

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Whose the best
Chipper 16 1.55%
Miggy 1,000 96.71%
D Wright 17 1.64%
Ryan ZImm 1 0.10%
Voters: 1034. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
castillo impacts the mets more than texiera impacts the braves... the mets will have three switch hitters at the top of the lineup and probably the best 3rd short 2nd basemen combination in baseball... texiera is going to be solid but chipper jones always gets hurt anyways.. right now mets > braves > phillies (dont even mention the standings cuz it's going to change soon with chase utley out for the next few weeks)
 10 years ago '04        #42
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,889 | Props total: 2001 2001
 fat_boyy21 said:
castillo impacts the mets more than texiera impacts the braves... the mets will have three switch hitters at the top of the lineup and probably the best 3rd short 2nd basemen combination in baseball... texiera is going to be solid but chipper jones always gets hurt anyways.. right now mets > braves > phillies (dont even mention the standings cuz it's going to change soon with chase utley out for the next few weeks)

what a joke.

Braves Lineup >>>> Anyone else in the NL East, let alone NL
Braves Starters >>>> Anyone in the NL East

Once Grienke or Dotel comes in
Braves Relievers >>>>> Anyone elses in the NL East

k!ll yourself if you think otherwise :banghead:
 10 years ago '04        #43
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
what a joke.

You're obviously not that bright, the Mets ARE the best team in the NL, and I can name 7 teams with a better record than the Braves in the NL
 10 years ago '04        #44
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
You're obviously not that bright, the Mets ARE the best team in the NL, and I can name 7 teams with a better record than the Braves in the NL

You also can't name a team with a better lineup right now with 50 some games left. Don't try, you'll just fail horribly and look like a bigger homer then fu*king IcedOut....
 07-30-2007, 11:02 PM         #45
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheTruth5 said:
actually the braves won in 95...
and to the idiot mets fan how did they give up to much, they have mccann who is a 23 year old allstar catcher, where was he going to go, why wait for someone to learn to play first base when you can get one of the best first basemen in the league. tex is a lot better than julio franco and scott thorman id say. dont be mad because the braves actually went out and got someone like you always do instead of havign such great home grown talent. i think your a little upset you only have one division title in the past 18 years. and no im not a braves fan. i am a baseball fan with real knowledge of the game. not self proclaimed knowledge because you are hating on a division rival.
Ya im hating thats why even brave fans and analyst say it was too much. THey gave up to good pitching prospects and their top 2 postion prospects. If Salty is gonna be as good a hitter as everyone says he is you find a postion for him dont make me go through the list of people who started as catchers and became succesful at another postion.

Noone is saying he doesnt help them or isnt a upgrade. Tex isnt good enough to be going for those players im sorry that the truth hurts.
 07-30-2007, 11:02 PM         #46
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
what a joke.

Then wtf you in third place dumbass .. Our pitching is so much better than yours its not even worth discussing. Sosa and Gonzalez helped yall alot this year .
 10 years ago '05        #47
marzeial 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,485 | Props total: 239 239
 fat_boyy21 said:
No way, while Castillo brings a solid glove and another spark at the top of the order, he doesn't run anywhere near what he used to. He's a singles hitter and that's it, but he does bring a good glove to the spot. However the change of Teix and Thorman is huge, the go from a horrible offensive player with little pop and an average glove. He provides an immediate spark in the offense and a nice glove on defense. I think they both provide a nice boost but the upgrades in each position easily weighs in the favor of the Braves
 10 years ago '04        #48
space
space
How is Pedro doing??

Nice fu*king argument, except it is extremely off-topic
 07-30-2007, 11:17 PM         #49
TheTruth5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
Ya im hating thats why even brave fans and analyst say it was too much. THey gave up to good pitching prospects and their top 2 postion prospects. If Salty is gonna be as good a hitter as everyone says he is you find a postion for him dont make me go through the list of people who started as catchers and became succesful at another postion.

Noone is saying he doesnt help them or isnt a upgrade. Tex isnt good enough to be going for those players im sorry that the truth hurts.
well if you knew anything about baseball you would know that sometimes teams give up a lot to win now, and thats what the braves are doing, do you think the braves could continue to compete with julio franco as an everyday firstbaseman? i dont. do you think the braves can compete with tex as their everyday first baseman? you damn right they can. and i dont think the braves are worried about prospects, they produce so many good ones every year its not even funny. so they can afford to give up people like salty thats what had a couple good months shadowing mccann. mccann is an ALLSTAR hes not going anywhere. you trade an unproven catcher for an ALLSTAR first baseman i think its a pretty darn good trade. and do you think that every prospect ever traded makes it to the pros? if so you obviously dont know much about baseball. and if you actually listen to the people on sportscenter and tv wlel thats how i know your an idiot and dont know anything about baseball if that is what you are going by.
and to the people that says castillo is a better trade hahahahaha are you serious right now? look in the mirror and tell your self that you are serious, because your not. castillo is overrated and hasnt done a thing since florida, where juan pierre made him good. castillo his 6 years older than tex, hasnt done a damn thing in minnesota. you my friend are an idiot and know nothing about baseball you just try to blow up your team just like all the orioles fans do in maryland where i am from and guess what they havent won anything since the 80s either, so join the club with them and thinking your team is the greatest thing ever. peace.
 10 years ago '07        #50
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 437 437
pedro martinez>>>>>>davies & dotel
 07-30-2007, 11:43 PM         #51
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheTruth5 said:
well if you knew anything about baseball you would know that sometimes teams give up a lot to win now, and thats what the braves are doing, do you think the braves could continue to compete with julio franco as an everyday firstbaseman? i dont. do you think the braves can compete with tex as their everyday first baseman? you damn right they can. and i dont think the braves are worried about prospects, they produce so many good ones every year its not even funny. so they can afford to give up people like salty thats what had a couple good months shadowing mccann. mccann is an ALLSTAR hes not going anywhere. you trade an unproven catcher for an ALLSTAR first baseman i think its a pretty darn good trade. and do you think that every prospect ever traded makes it to the pros? if so you obviously dont know much about baseball. and if you actually listen to the people on sportscenter and tv wlel thats how i know your an idiot and dont know anything about baseball if that is what you are going by.
and to the people that says castillo is a better trade hahahahaha are you serious right now? look in the mirror and tell your self that you are serious, because your not. castillo is overrated and hasnt done a thing since florida, where juan pierre made him good. castillo his 6 years older than tex, hasnt done a damn thing in minnesota. you my friend are an idiot and know nothing about baseball you just try to blow up your team just like all the orioles fans do in maryland where i am from and guess what they havent won anything since the 80s either, so join the club with them and thinking your team is the greatest thing ever. peace.
lmao @ this. You act like TEx puts them over the top and now they are just gonna run through the NL. He helps no doubt but they still arent better than the mets even with Tex. Their lineup has been better than the mets already this year and it hasnt helped them catch us. Pitching wins. The Braves are not now gonna go on a run espically since you have no idea how Tex will do in the NL ina bigger park and with alot of pressure on him. Dont act like the braves are the Expos of the 90s producing big name after big name from their farm system. Please tell me the last big pitcher they produced? They got Mcann and Franceour recently thats it. Every prospect doesnt pan out however alot do and salty is already ML ready. To give up that much for a guy who maybe a rental and whose offensive numbers have dropped every year recently is a big gamble.

I love how going against popular opinion and saying this is a bad trade is me hating. Yall just buy into the hype that Tex is this amazing hitter whose gonna take the NL by storm. That sh*t aint happening.

I dont go by Espn. :rolleyes: The analyst I were refering to are the ones who follow Minor league baseball alot more than I and you do.

Oh yea fu*k Luis I hope (even though willie wont let it happen) Gotay gets the majority of playing time.

Last edited by icedout921; 07-30-2007 at 11:44 PM..
 07-31-2007, 12:09 AM         #52
TheTruth5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
lmao @ this. You act like TEx puts them over the top and now they are just gonna run through the NL. He helps no doubt but they still arent better than the mets even with Tex. Their lineup has been better than the mets already this year and it hasnt helped them catch us. Pitching wins. The Braves are not now gonna go on a run espically since you have no idea how Tex will do in the NL ina bigger park and with alot of pressure on him. Dont act like the braves are the Expos of the 90s producing big name after big name from their farm system. Please tell me the last big pitcher they produced? They got Mcann and Franceour recently thats it. Every prospect doesnt pan out however alot do and salty is already ML ready. To give up that much for a guy who maybe a rental and whose offensive numbers have dropped every year recently is a big gamble.

I love how going against popular opinion and saying this is a bad trade is me hating. Yall just buy into the hype that Tex is this amazing hitter whose gonna take the NL by storm. That sh*t aint happening.

I dont go by Espn. :rolleyes: The analyst I were refering to are the ones who follow Minor league baseball alot more than I and you do.

Oh yea fu*k Luis I hope (even though willie wont let it happen) Gotay gets the majority of playing time.
okay in all honesty you have no idea what in the world you are talking about. a bigger ball park i just pulled up both ball parks and from left to right turner field is 335 380 401 390 330 and texas is 332 390 400 407 381 325. how is that a bigger park. and how is it more pressure on him when he has to fill the shoes of a julio franco? he has a lot more people around him in the braves lineup he wont have any pressure. and you want to talk about pitching im pretty sure the braves know a little about pitching, did you forget they were once known for pitching, glavine smoltz and maddux in their primes. and who have the braves produced? try about 95 percent of their whole team, the braves produce prospect after prospect in the pros which tells me you dont know that much about it just because you listen to minor league baseball analyst, if they knew a lot they would be pro analyst, now wouldnt they? and dont try to say you arent hating on this trade because you are. only someone who doesnt know about baseball would say somehting that stupid. and am i saying tex is an great hitter no im not but quite frankly in the braves lineup you dont have to be a great hitter with people like renteria, chipper, andruw, mccann, francouer around you, you dont have to be a great hitter a good hitter will work. and salty is not mlb ready, he hasnt played everyday, you dont know what hes going to do when he has to play everyday. tex is an allstar first baseman, and he helps out the braves more than if they would keep salty. because salty would just ride the pine behind mccann who isnst going anywhere for a long time. and pitching wins...did you figure that out when you were trying to patch together a rotation all of last year and have been riding maines back this year who is also not established yet. but for the meantime enjoy being that "other team" in new york forever.
 10 years ago '04        #53
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
You also can't name a team with a better lineup right now with 50 some games left. Don't try, you'll just fail horribly and look like a bigger homer then fu*king IcedOut....
the only way you have a chance is if pedro and castillo are both busts, we just got alou back, milledge is holding it down till beltran gets back, a couple more weeks and pedro will be back, the future is looking bright for mets fans:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #54
space
space
 TheTruth5 said:
okay in all honesty you have no idea what in the world you are talking about. a bigger ball park i just pulled up both ball parks and from left to right turner field is 335 380 401 390 330 and texas is 332 390 400 407 381 325. how is that a bigger park. and how is it more pressure on him when he has to fill the shoes of a julio franco? he has a lot more people around him in the braves lineup he wont have any pressure. and you want to talk about pitching im pretty sure the braves know a little about pitching, did you forget they were once known for pitching, glavine smoltz and maddux in their primes. and who have the braves produced? try about 95 percent of their whole team, the braves produce prospect after prospect in the pros which tells me you dont know that much about it just because you listen to minor league baseball analyst, if they knew a lot they would be pro analyst, now wouldnt they? and dont try to say you arent hating on this trade because you are. only someone who doesnt know about baseball would say somehting that stupid. and am i saying tex is an great hitter no im not but quite frankly in the braves lineup you dont have to be a great hitter with people like renteria, chipper, andruw, mccann, francouer around you, you dont have to be a great hitter a good hitter will work. and salty is not mlb ready, he hasnt played everyday, you dont know what hes going to do when he has to play everyday. tex is an allstar first baseman, and he helps out the braves more than if they would keep salty. because salty would just ride the pine behind mccann who isnst going anywhere for a long time. and pitching wins...did you figure that out when you were trying to patch together a rotation all of last year and have been riding maines back this year who is also not established yet. but for the meantime enjoy being that "other team" in new york forever.
dont forget the braves also HAD one of the best pitching coaches back then too... texiera would be an upgrade at first for a lot of teams in baseball, but the mets are still a better team... the mets lost some games because of horrible defense at 2nd
 10 years ago '06        #55
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
i think its gonna be fu*kin close...i'm excited to see who comes out on top

pitching wise their pretty damn close...and hitting wise i think i take braves easily over mets right now.

renteria
johnson
chipper
andruw
tex
mccann
francuer
thorman

that sh*ts deep
 10 years ago '05        #56
marzeial 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,485 | Props total: 239 239
 SHootar said:
i think its gonna be fu*kin close...i'm excited to see who comes out on top

pitching wise their pretty damn close...and hitting wise i think i take braves easily over mets right now.

renteria
johnson
chipper
andruw
tex
mccann
francuer
thorman

that sh*ts deep
Although I would change Thorman with Willie Harris in the OF, but yes that's a deep hitting order.
 10 years ago '04        #57
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
fu*k the mets lineup, fu*k the braves lineup...

WHO LEADS THE LEAGUE IN EVERY fu*kIN OFFENSIVE CATEGORY?

oh yeah, the phillies

the only thing that's been holding us back has been our pitching, and while i'm not sold on it yet it's showing some promise.
 10 years ago '04        #58
space
space
 LightsOut said:
fu*k the mets lineup, fu*k the braves lineup...

WHO LEADS THE LEAGUE IN EVERY fu*kIN OFFENSIVE CATEGORY?

oh yeah, the phillies

the only thing that's been holding us back has been our pitching, and while i'm not sold on it yet it's showing some promise.
you also lead the league with 10,000+ losses for a franchise and pitching is a pretty important thing to be holding a team back

silly philliy fans
 10 years ago '04        #59
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
 fat_boyy21 said:
you also lead the league with 10,000+ losses for a franchise and pitching is a pretty important thing to be holding a team back

silly philliy fans
hmmm because all those losses came this season huh? and no sh*t pitching is important, right now it's been great (see we've won 9 out of our last 10) but i'm just hoping they can keep it up
 10 years ago '05        #60
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 6956 6956
Braves Lineup will be something like this [VS. RIGHT HANDED PITCHING]

Willie Harris
Edgar Renteria
Chipper Jones
Andruw Jones
Mark Teixeira
Brian McCann
Jeff Francoeur
Kelly Johnson
INSERT PITCHER HIT

that line-up is almost METS TYPE TALENT....there Mets fans I say ya'll have a better lineup basically because your deeper.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now