The Official NL East thread!!!!

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Whose the best
Chipper 16 1.55%
Miggy 1,000 96.71%
D Wright 17 1.64%
Ryan ZImm 1 0.10%
Voters: 1034. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #321
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 icedout921 said:

Again they traded their best prospects looking at this trade as only this season is shortsighted. It would be like the mets trading Lastings and Gomez for a OF to play for half the year. Ya it'd help but in the longrun it wouldnt be worth it.

Again it doesnt matter what #s he puts up if they win less with him then they do with him whats the point? Not to mention he can walk after the year if he wants to.

Baseball analysts also said the Dotel and Gange trades were great how are those working out?

Who do you get your knowledge from Tim Mccarver and Steve Phillips?
Again they traded their best prospects looking at this trade as only this season is shortsighted. It would be like the mets trading Lastings and Gomez for a OF to play for half the year. Ya it'd help but in the longrun it wouldnt be worth it.
Umm..you proved my point again..Their best prospect, who clearly couldnt cut it at 1st base..so why else keep him when you have an All star catcher?
I mean hello, i just said they traded a prospect, who wasnt good enough for them, over an ALL STAR 1ST BASEMEN!!!why do you continue to denie that it was a great trade? if anything it has made them a better team =/ and yes in the long run it will be worth it because they have him for this season and next year and quite frankly they could win the whole thing this year and or next year. So we cant conclude its a bad trade just yet for the long run.

Again it doesnt matter what #s he puts up if they win less with him then they do with him whats the point? Not to mention he can walk after the year if he wants to.
His number does matter because lately he's been on a tear and they been winning more games lately thx to his production..and no he cant walk after this year, next year after the 08' season he can walk..god dam, you cant read kid? (and by the way, i get the feeling you're going to post some stats because they been losing aswell..so dont waste your time. we both know teams always lose and win =/..)

Baseball analysts also said the Dotel and Gange trades were great how are those working out?
- We both know that not every analyst is right all the time =/..i didnt think you be that stupid to bring that out when its common sense.

Oh and by the way, that was a very poor attempt to diss my knowledge
Tim McCarver? Steve Phillips? lmao..nah kid, its common sense and clearly you dont have it.

Last edited by Manny05; 08-20-2007 at 12:26 PM..
 08-20-2007, 12:25 PM         #322
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
Overrated?!? What kind of world are you living in?
I wonder why the angels continuously try to find a hitter to complement Vlad?..Hmm, maybe its because no one is actually pitching to him anymore. On any other day, if Vlad had a Manny-type hitter, he would have 40 HR by now. But since no one wants to pitch to him, Vlad has simply become almost a "free swinging" hitter. He adapted to that and so far he has done good. But he could do better with a hitter behind him..same thing can be apply for Pujols and BONDS. Pujols = why are his numbers down? hmm maybe because rolen and edmond just suck..NO protection..Hmm, i wonder why Bonds has been walked soooo many times over his whole career? NO PROTECTION?
Overrated You say? haha, look again.
You lose all credibility because Vlad has always been a free swinger he hasnt adopted to that. I never said it wasnt important but people act like having a bat behind you will turn you from a mediocre player into a great player again show me proof of that. Great players produce regardless. But it does help to have someone behind you. Just saying its not the diffrence between say hitting 40 and hitting 50 homers. I see no proof of that.

No there might not be proof, but its common sense..If a player is playing on a team thats going Nowhere, and you're getting paid like Miggy why else would you workout when you know next season your team is not going to perform nowhere but last place? think about it..Alot of pitchers such Brad Lidge need a scenerio change and well, when they do its up to them to perform up to their standards. I mean if they go to a contending team, your only goal is to perform at your best, not avg...
Maybe because guys like to play and try their hardest? I can show many guys on good teams who are just lazy and good players on bad teams like Carl Crawford who try their a.ss off stay in shape so they can show the world what they can do. Weak argument. . What does Lidge have to do with anything?:thumbsdow

A Gonz was used on my behalf as an example -_-'..wow didnt think i've had to explain that to you =/. and i never stated defense wasnt important you moron. So you clearly misinterpreted my whole point =/..Teams look for more offense than defense..so to make an arguement that you'll take Wright above avg defense and decent power over Miggy's Offensive force and avg defense is absolutely idiotic. that, ICEDOUT, was my point.
. Miggys defense is below avg wrights offense is above avg. Wrights defense is above avg Miggys offense is great. Understand the difference? Stop acting like D wright is some light hitting 3b. Not to mention he has speed so as I said hes better all around than Miggy which he is. If you wanna say Miggys offense outweighs that I disagree and will not agree since I dont downplay defense. When talking about winning teams whats used the most? Pitching and defense. Funny that yall all forget that.

Last edited by icedout921; 08-20-2007 at 12:26 PM..
 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM         #323
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
Umm..you proved my point again..Their best prospect, who clearly couldnt cut it at 1st base..so why else keep him when you have an All star catcher?
I mean hello, i just said they traded a prospect who wasnt good enough for them over an ALL STAR 1ST BASEMEN!!!why do you continue to denie that it wasnt a great trade? if anything it has made them a better team =/ and yes in the long run it will be worth it because they have him for this season and next year and qutie frankly they could win the whole thing this year and or next year. So we cant conclude its a bad trade just yet for the long run.
How do you know he cant cut it at 1b? Texas is gonna use him as a first baseman. and they didnt just trade 1 top prospect moron go look over the trade again. So your saying if Tex dont resign its still a good move . If you think im overreacting to the value of those prospects go check the Braves message board alot hated this trade.

Thank god your not my teams GM your very short sighted.

His number does matter because lately he's been on a tear and they been winning more games lately thx to his production..and no he cant walk after this year, next year after the 08' season he can walk..god dam, you cant read kid?
Their not winning more games though. I guess you missed the fact that they are farther back now than when they made the trade.

- We both know that not every analyst is right all the time =/..i didnt think you be that stupid to bring that out when its common sense.

Oh and by the way, that was a very poor attempt to diss my knowledge
Tim McCarver? Steve Phillips? lmao..nah kid, its common sense and clearly you dont have it.

Your the one whose using analysts as a source to try and prove your point.
 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM         #324
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats enough sonnage for one thread get back on topic.
 10 years ago '06        #325
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
 icedout921 said:
You lose all credibility because Vlad has always been a free swinger he hasnt adopted to that. I never said it wasnt important but people act like having a bat behind you will turn you from a mediocre player into a great player again show me proof of that. Great players produce regardless. But it does help to have someone behind you. Just saying its not the diffrence between say hitting 40 and hitting 50 homers. I see no proof of that.

Maybe because guys like to play and try their hardest? I can show many guys on good teams who are just lazy and good players on bad teams like Carl Crawford who try their a.ss off stay in shape so they can show the world what they can do. Weak argument. . What does Lidge have to do with anything?:thumbsdow

. Miggys defense is below avg wrights offense is above avg. Wrights defense is above avg Miggys offense is great. Understand the difference? Stop acting like D wright is some light hitting 3b. Not to mention he has speed so as I said hes better all around than Miggy which he is. If you wanna say Miggys offense outweighs that I disagree and will not agree since I dont downplay defense. When talking about winning teams whats used the most? Pitching and defense. Funny that yall all forget that.

Hmm, as far as i know he was in Montrel..and who was hitting behind him? No one..its no wonder he's always been a free swinger you idiot. why else do you think he's like that?..Again, do your research, everyone can agree with me that Vlad would produce more numbers? why? if vlad had a good hitter that means he gets less walk, and potentially get more HR if not more hits, RBI and strikeouts. so yes it does indeed make you a better hitter. You think 04 would of happend if it wasnt for Ortiz? HELL no. if manny was not hitting behind him, the yankees would of easily walked him and faced kevin millar (who was their #5 hitter) there's your proof.

Im not saying they wont play their hardest but when you've already won a wold series (practially every baseball player's dream) and you're playing on a team who's not going to contend for a couple of more seasons, you dont worry about getting in shapes as much as you would if you were on a contending team..clearly when Miggy was in the minor he was in good shape. Why? to help his team win and because he did and hes getting paid alot of money he has lost motivation to play his hardest..anybody can tell you that. and brad lidge, mentally he cant play with houston any longer after what happend in the 05 NLCS. He clearly needs a scenerio change and when it does happen, its only going to make him feel better. hence, he'll regain his confidence back because its going to be a fresh new start.

Miggys defense is below avg wrights offense is above avg. Wrights defense is above avg Miggys offense is great. Understand the difference? Stop acting like D wright is some light hitting 3b. Not to mention he has speed so as I said hes better all around than Miggy which he is. If you wanna say Miggys offense outweighs that I disagree and will not agree since I dont downplay defense. When talking about winning teams whats used the most? Pitching and defense. Funny that yall all forget that
Ok. so its below avg....big difference there buddy..but he's still a way better hitter than wright. which is why more team would be more reluctant to take him over wright..why? well because at Defense you can get better easier compare to hitting. On any other day, if Miggy was in shape, we wouldnt have this discussion ..but then again your too ignorant, that you'll probably try to debate that
also, im not trying to disregard defense, its important yes, but look at Oakland..they could have the best defense in the league but no offense..where do they go? nowhere..same thing with the Padres..they aint going NOWHERE unless they could get one more hitter.
 10 years ago '06        #326
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
 icedout921 said:
How do you know he cant cut it at 1b? Texas is gonna use him as a first baseman. and they didnt just trade 1 top prospect moron go look over the trade again. So your saying if Tex dont resign its still a good move . If you think im overreacting to the value of those prospects go check the Braves message board alot hated this trade.

Their not winning more games though. I guess you missed the fact that they are farther back now than when they made the trade.

Your the one whose using analysts as a source to try and prove your point.

Hmm, how do i know? why the hell do you think they traded him? Hello!!! do your research. i just told you they have the LOWEST production coming out of 1st base..clearly he couldnt cut it..idiot
Now, as far as Texas using him as 1st base.. thats their choice, they're not contending so they have enough patience to deal with his development. common sense, once again..
Oh btw, the trade is good only if the Braves make the playoff, if not win the world series. if that happens, then of course its a good trade.
and i never said they traded one prospect you idiot, i was just pointing out the fact that they traded their best prospect..and im proving to you that its not a big deal because even so, he couldnt get the job done. braves needed a hitter that can perform NOW, not next year kid.

They might be back now, but there's still about 35 Games left or so, they can still turn it around =/ stop jumping into conclusions..its a good trade, and it will be discuss more at the end of the season.

I dont get my information from Analyst, if anything, i gain a different perspective on players and that is it. everything else is pretty much common sense kid.
 08-20-2007, 12:49 PM         #327
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
Hmm, as far as i know he was in Montrel..and who was hitting behind him? No one..its no wonder he's always been a free swinger you idiot. why else do you think he's like that?..Again, do your research, everyone can agree with me that Vlad would produce more numbers? why? if vlad had a good hitter that means he gets less walk, and potentially get more HR if not more hits, RBI and strikeouts. so yes it does indeed make you a better hitter. You think 04 would of happend if it wasnt for Ortiz? HELL no. if manny was not hitting behind him, the yankees would of easily walked him and faced kevin millar (who was their #5 hitter) there's your proof.
Wrong again. He was a free hitter in the minors and he was a free hitter from day 1 in the league. Certain players are free swingers. Soriano for instance has been a free swinger on the yankees and the cubs as well as last place texas. You see thats how certain players are. From day 1 vlad was a free swinger noone was trying to pitch around a rookie. Again your prove you know nothing because you keep saying Vlad would walk less. The guy never walks hes walked more than 70 times once in his career. Arod who always has protection has walked under 70 times once since 2000. I know your trying to make a point but your using the wrong guy .

Im not saying they wont play their hardest but when you've already won a wold series (practially every baseball player's dream) and you're playing on a team who's not going to contend for a couple of more seasons, you dont worry about getting in shapes as much as you would if you were on a contending team..clearly when Miggy was in the minor he was in good shape. Why? to help his team win and because he did and hes getting paid alot of money he has lost motivation to play his hardest..anybody can tell you that. and brad lidge, mentally he cant play with houston any longer after what happend in the 05 NLCS. He clearly needs a scenerio change and when it does happen, its only going to make him feel better. hence, he'll regain his confidence back because its going to be a fresh new start.
A knock scouts had all him before making the majors was that hes lazy . Hes such a phenom though that people have looked past it. Nice try though stop speaking unless you know what your talking about.

Lidge can go to another team and do better or goto another team and do worse it affects diffrent people in different ways you cant say for sure one way or another until it happens.

Ok. so its below avg....big difference there buddy..but he's still a way better hitter than wright. which is why more team would be more reluctant to take him over wright..why? well because at Defense you can get better easier compare to hitting. On any other day, if Miggy was in shape, we wouldnt have this discussion ..but then again your too ignorant, that you'll probably try to debate that
also, im not trying to disregard defense, its important yes, but look at Oakland..they could have the best defense in the league but no offense..where do they go? nowhere..same thing with the Padres..they aint going NOWHERE unless they could get one more hitter.
Again another bad argument. Oakland has never been a good offensive team in fact they've been one of the worst. Texas on the other hand is one of the better offensive teams of this decade. How many times has Texas made the playoffs? How many times has Oakland? .

Also Tigers were a much better offensive team than the cards last year, what cost them the world series. Defense :applause:.

Take a seat youve been sonned again.
 10 years ago '06        #328
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Wrong again. He was a free hitter in the minors and he was a free hitter from day 1 in the league. Certain players are free swingers. Soriano for instance has been a free swinger on the yankees and the cubs as well as last place texas. You see thats how certain players are. From day 1 vlad was a free swinger noone was trying to pitch around a rookie. Again your prove you know nothing because you keep saying Vlad would walk less. The guy never walks hes walked more than 70 times once in his career. Arod who always has protection has walked under 70 times once since 2000. I know your trying to make a point but your using the wrong guy .
That may be the case for other hitters, but my only point was that having protection makes you a better hitter, not every hitter but most. Especially Vlad. He needs it the most, follow by Pujols and Bonds. I was just trying to point out that for some it helps and for others they remain the same type of hitters. clearly you pointed that out with AROD..

A knock scouts had all him before making the majors was that hes lazy . Hes such a phenom though that people have looked past it. Nice try though stop speaking unless you know what your talking about.
I know what im talking about when i talk about Lazy player..
If you're playing on a contending team, there's alot more pressure. More media, and oh yea i forgot, alot more fans at the stadium
So you think if he was, lets say, the braves, you think he's not gonna care about what 40,000 fans think of him? of course he is. hes gonna perform above his best and that consist of defense and offense.

Lidge can go to another team and do better or goto another team and do worse it affects diffrent people in different ways you cant say for sure one way or another until it happens.
That's also true.

Again another bad argument. Oakland has never been a good offensive team in fact they've been one of the worst. Texas on the other hand is one of the better offensive teams of this decade. How many times has Texas made the playoffs? How many times has Oakland? .

idk about Texas, as far as i know they have an alright offensive team, but no pitching thats what k!lled them, not defense =/.. Oakland, has been known for having a weak offense (thx for proving my point) because guess what??/they havent done sh*t. they have great pitching, no hitting and thats gets you nowhere. you think if they had Gold gloves at every position thats going to get them to the playoffs? let alone the WS? LOL..i dont think so kid, in this generation of Pro ball, you gotta score run, have above avg pitching along with some defense..doesnt have to be that good, but somewhat good
along the line..s

Also Tigers were a much better offensive team than the cards last year, what cost them the world series. Defense :applause:.
Yes that did k!lled them, along with pitching and offense..why well, maybe they didnt play baseball for aweek. they didnt have any adrenalin heading into the series just like cardinals did. that was the difference maker and anyone can agree..

So. as far as i know, you should take a seat :applause:

Last edited by Manny05; 08-20-2007 at 01:03 PM..
 08-20-2007, 01:08 PM         #329
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
That may be the case for other hitters, but my only point was that having protection makes you a better hitter, not every hitter but most. Especially Vlad. He needs it the most, follow by Pujols and Bonds. I was just trying to point out that for some it helps and for others they remain the same type of hitters. clearly you pointed that out with AROD..
I agree, you will get more pitches to hit. I said its important but I think its overrated when judging whose the better player because when your on a bad team your still gonna get the fastballs if your down by alot of runs.

I know what im talking about when i talk about Lazy player..
If you're playing on a contending team, there's alot more pressure. More media, and oh yea i forgot, alot more fans at the stadium
So you think if he was, lets say, the braves, you think he's not gonna care about what 40,000 fans think of him? of course he is. hes gonna perform above his best and that consist of defense and offense.
You say that like big market teams dont have lazy players? Im a big Eddy Curry fan but hes lazy as fu*k. Coming to NY didnt change that. Some people just dont have the work ethic. And alot of other players on FLA arent lazy so why are you giving Miggy that excuse.

idk about Texas, as far as i know they have an alright offensive team, but no pitching thats what k!lled them, not defense =/.. Oakland, has been known for having a weak offense (thx for proving my point) because guess what??/they havent done sh*t. they have great pitching, no hitting and thats gets you nowhere. you think if they had Gold gloves at every position thats going to get them to the playoffs? let alone the WS? LOL..i dont think so kid, in this generation of Pro ball, you gotta score run, have above avg pitching along with some defense..doesnt have to be that good, but somewhat good
along the line..s
Texas has been very good offensively for yrs.. My point is you cant say offense is more important than defense. Each are important.

Yes that did k!lled them, along with pitching and offense..why well, maybe they didnt play baseball for aweek. they didnt have any adrenalin heading into the series just like cardinals did. that was the difference maker and anyone can agree..
Fielding was the reason they lost anyone who watched the WS would tell you that.

I gotta stop letting yall get me off topic.
 10 years ago '06        #330
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
You say that like big market teams dont have lazy players? Im a big Eddy Curry fan but hes lazy as fu*k. Coming to NY didnt change that. Some people just dont have the work ethic. And alot of other players on FLA arent lazy so why are you giving Miggy that excuse.
Yes. it only applies for some players but honestly, i think Miggy needs to be on a contending him. He's letting his talent go to waste. i know for sure if he was with the mets, braves, boston or even with the yankees he would be a better player. but who knows , icant predict what hes goingto do. im just stating the possibilities.

Texas has been very good offensively for yrs.. My point is you cant say offense is more important than defense. Each are important.
Quite frankly, i think offense and defense balance each other. if you score a run, you gotta have enough defense to keep that run. but if anything, you need to put up runs rather than keep the other team from scoring..i mean thats what really matters. Im just saying, you should strive to get players with some defense, not terrible, who can still hit. that was my only point/

Fielding was the reason they lost anyone who watched the WS would tell you that.
Yes. that was one of the reason. But they also lost because they couldnt pitch and they couldnt hit. so you have to add those main factors aswell.

Hmm, maybe afterall we can agree on something..

Last edited by Manny05; 08-20-2007 at 01:14 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #331
PHILADELPHIA 
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 0 0
Abraham Nunez...HOLLA
 10 years ago '06        #332
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
where icedout at....texiera is 2 for 2 with 2 homers tonite and 6 ribis lol

continues to get sh*t on...by even ppl outside the bx
 10 years ago '06        #333
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
@this thread

you looking stupid right now
 08-20-2007, 11:29 PM         #334
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how so?

Have they picked up any games on the mets? I said tex's a good player but to mortage your farm for 1 play is foolish and will come back and bite them. He's putting up godly numbers but they arent gaining any ground on the mets.
 08-21-2007, 01:07 AM         #335
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Omar is a genius.

give us the rings now.
 10 years ago '04        #336
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,026 | Props total: 2973 2973
i guess he's gonna be your NL MVP now?:rolleyes:
 08-21-2007, 01:13 AM         #337
JaeWil  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause:
 08-21-2007, 01:16 AM         #338
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
i guess he's gonna be your NL MVP now?:rolleyes:
D wright has that on smash .

He fits a need we have now espically with damion going down he can play third first and the of and hes a right handed bat. He will help bigtime.
 10 years ago '06        #339
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,339 | Props total: 18305 18305
LOl , nyce trade tho, mets need pitchers dont they ?
 10 years ago '05        #340
clemdaleray 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,668 | Props total: 66 66
:applause:

402 - 52 STRK: 10 w in a row WIN PCT: 88% 6 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 166-45, Rank #15 | Aug 16: 363-90, Rank #17 | Aug 15: 707-208, Rank #16 | Aug 14: 551-194, Rank #13 | Aug 13: 227-116, Rank #17 | Aug 12: 738-411, Rank #10 | Aug 11: 1815-955, Rank #2 | Aug 10: 1780-964, Rank #5 | Aug 09: 3-2, Rank #301 | Aug 08: 574-368, Rank #19 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago