Aug 21 - Hip-Hop Sales Collapsing: "They can no longer fool the white kids."

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM         #61
rovangsta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A Bay Bay...nuff said
 08-21-2007, 07:53 PM         #62
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it aint even about hip hop no more, todays music is basically "ringtones music". aka jingles 2000.

Nail on the head right there,I guess not too many ppl on here realize cause the listening to hip hop is all
 10 years ago '04        #63
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,214 | Props total: 2113 2113
damn......just read most of the comments in this thread if you wanna know why Kenny Chesney will prolly outsell both Kanye and 50 put together....
 10 years ago '05        #64
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,096 | Props total: 4229 4229
 MeziaaL said:
lets hope all the conscience rappers save hiphop...

theres no more battling or anything anymore, hiphop used to be excitement with local shows, spoken words, battles, freestyling, concerts, sh*ts just garbage now...
doubt it....record sales are down cuz everybody and they moma bootlegs sh!t, not because commercial rap is so negative and.....
 10 years ago '04        #65
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,352 | Props total: 8454 8454
as much as i want to believe this article
UGK has the #1 album in the country
and Piles is #2

nuff said
 08-21-2007, 08:47 PM         #66
!ALLMONEYENT! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know how hip hop can win this sh*t! GO TO THE STORES AND BUY THESE TWO DUDES ALBUM. THATS WHAT 50 AND KANYE NEED TO PROMOTE. LETS SHOW REV AL THAT HE DOES NOT SPEAK FOR THE NEW GENERATION THATS COMING TO LEAD THIS COUNTRY. fu*k REV AL fu*k HIS HOLE MOVEMENT! GO AND COP 50 AND KANYE COP BOTH OF THEM sh*tS DONT DOWNLOAD GO TO THE STORES!
 10 years ago '07        #67
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Too many people involved in hip-hop come with close-minded sh*t. Not a lot of mainstream artists put out mixtapes. Then I see Wayne putting out mixtapes year after year and playing the guitar even after his debut album in 99 went plat. What does that say about certain other rappers? Half the sh*t that comes out is corny as fu*k but dumbfu*ks fall in love with the trends for some reason Don't nobody wanna hear yo life story if it's the exact same as 5 of yo fukin labelmates. David Banner and Andre 3000 are the only two rappers who have recently put out cartoons on Cartoon Network. Why isn't anybody else making interesting, creative business/entertainment ventures like this, knowing that their albums will be lucky to go gold with so much bootlegging? Video games could be another smart investment if certain ppl would try new things with their careers. Not to many "fans" care about whether the artist sells or not. They just like the music that they release and neglect actually supporting what they like by buying the album. Some aspects of this are sad.
 10 years ago '05        #68
wetseandon 
space
space
space
$162 | Props total: 0 0
 VerballyAbusive said:
I think this is good for hip hop "real hip hop" that is. Like Q tip said in the article "And there are different strains of hip-hop, but record companies aren't set up to sell these different strains. They aren't set up to do anything more of a mature sort of hip-hop."

Hip Hop needs to be reborn into different formats, and we need media coverage and labels to market these different formats. Not just one format, the one that gets all the negative publicity.

Yeah thats true. Hip hop needs to be broken down into different genres just like the rest of music. So they cant just categorize all of it as gangster rap. So people like Bill O'reily wouldnt be able to call Nas a gangster rapper cause he would be in a different genre. This way soljah boy, kanye, and 50 cent would be all in different categories. So when they point the finger at us they cant just say, oh its hip hop's fault for that. They would have to point to a specific genre of hip hop. Then we will be able to see which genre these big corporations will try to promote. I bet u it will be the genre that promotes the most bullsh*t.
 10 years ago '07        #69
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
 BRAZZ said:
Wrong, No Limit and cash money in 99 destroyed hiphop
WRONG
If anything, they made it a lot better musically/business-wise.

Vanilla Ice k!lled hip-hop.

Last edited by Playa; 08-21-2007 at 10:07 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #70
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,464 | Props total: 6619 6619
 BRAZZ said:
Wrong, No Limit and cash money in 99 destroyed hiphop
 10 years ago '04        #71
Quez04 
space
space
space
$440 | Props total: 2 2
 BRAZZ said:
People have been bootlegging cds as long as theyve been beeer, so please do not blame the plunging of sales on the internet. The reason why hiphop sales are down is because hiphop is no longer appealing nor is the quality any good..I personally believe ever since bling bling came out, hiphop went down hill

WOW are you serious? I thought I was gonna make some money over here in Korea sellin cd's but every dude, chic over here has the same cd's that I have already!! LOL
 10 years ago '05        #72
truflipsoulja 
space
space
$396 | Props total: 0 0
one of the main reasons why i dont but albums is because of BOXDEN.COM haha
 10 years ago '04        #73
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Everything that you hear on the radio isn't hip-hop alone. I'm not an underground head but even I can see that. Just close your ears to the bullsh*t
 10 years ago '07        #74
Dane Van Rip 2 heat pts
space
space
$295 | Props total: 3 3
 Javon23 said:
as much as i want to believe this article
UGK has the #1 album in the country
and Piles is #2

nuff said

You know that the labels buy their albums to influence the charts. How do you explain an album going from # 1 to #9 or #16 after two weeks?
 10 years ago '07        #75
Dane Van Rip 2 heat pts
space
space
$295 | Props total: 3 3
How many “hip-hop” songs do you hear on the radio that does not talk about money, cars, hoes, clothes? I’m tired of the sh*t every fu*kin song sounds the same, I cant the sh*t apart. Endless hours of bullsh*t & gimmicks. Do this dance, do that dance. A Bay Bay.. Wipe me Down….. Soula Boy… any rapper with Lil’ or Young in their name. Bling Era is over..
 10 years ago '06        #76
Dj Quest 
space
space
$778 | Props total: 3 3
Propped!!! I can't wait for this bullsh*t to be over with & back to creative innovators...
 08-21-2007, 11:50 PM         #77
qqq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is actually good news. we're returning to grass roots hip hop.
 10 years ago '06        #78
NickJ Da Voice 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,435 | Props total: 2 2
Tru sh*t thread....cuz alot makes sense........make good music ill buy it..stop hatin on each otha mite never stop
 10 years ago '04        #79
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,352 | Props total: 8454 8454
 Dane Van Rip said:
You know that the labels buy their albums to influence the charts. How do you explain an album going from # 1 to #9 or #16 after two weeks?
the same thing happens with movies
its common sense
its highly rare for half a million more people to buy the album or go see a movie the following week.
i few years ago you would not hear a group like Mobb Deep or UGK in everyday rotation on the radio. Hip Hop is commercial period.
a few years ago there was two types of hip hop
commercial and real deep underground hip hop
these days labels are only signing what they think can sell
its not about the lyrics anymore
its about how marketable a artist is
so yes i say real hip hop is dead
but rap as a whole is one of the biggest marketable generators not only in the US but in the world period.
 10 years ago '04        #80
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,903 | Props total: 833 833
 MochaWhitey said:
Hip-hop needs a new and improved product.

Don't worry Graduation comes out on sept. 11

Don't worry Ultimate Victory comes out on sept. 18
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago