most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-21-2007, 03:36 PM         #41
A-One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We need a cd thats amazing that isnt focused on the usual gangsta sh*t..something thats conscious,artistic..maybe a little thuggish..butmost of all..creative..
 08-21-2007, 03:37 PM         #42
Calvo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BakLykILefSmthn said:
alot of people are strugglin to get by without buying a piece of plastic for 18 dollars.
real talk, how am i supposed to buy cds when gas costs 50 bucks a tank, when movies cost 9 dollars a ticket, when tolls (in fla) go up 50 cents every 6 months, when insurance, groceries, and taxes are at an all time high, AND THEY STILL PAY PEOPLE 7 DOLLARS AN HOUR?

Last edited by Calvo; 08-21-2007 at 03:39 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #43
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,133 | Props total: 9434 9434
Sony Corporation

HoldingsFilm

Sony Pictures Entertainment
Columbia TriStar
Sony Pictures Classics
Screen Gems
Television
Sony Pictures Television
AXN
Animax Japan
SoapCity
GAME SHOW NETWORK (50% with Liberty Media)
Movielink (jointly owned with Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal Studios and Warner Bros. Studios)

Music

Sony BMG Music Entertainment (50% with Bertelsmann)
Labels include: Arista Records, BMG Classics, BMG Heritage, BMG International Companies, Columbia Records, Epic Records, J Records, Jive Records, LaFace Records, Legacy Recordings, RCA Records, RCA Victor Group, RLG - Nashville, Sony Classical, Sony Music International, Sony Music Nashville, Sony Wonder, So So Def Records, Verity Records
Sony/ATV Music Publishing (joint venture with Michael Jackson)
Music Choice (venture with Time Warner, EMI, Motorola, Microsoft, and several cable companies: Cox, Comcast, Adelphia, Time Warner Cable)

Other

Sony Electronics
Sony Computer Entertainment America
PlayStation
989 Sports
Sony Connect Inc.
Metreon

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 08-21-2007 at 03:41 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #44
cw10304 
space
space
$927 | Props total: 0 0
i could give a fu*k bout rap music sales declining because the 1 or 2 record companies who virtually monopolise music have been getting away with makinig unbelivably large profits and pushing negative black music into society making black folk look like fools. I wouldnt cry if rap music died because i just lost all my infatuation with it years ago because of the sh*t it has become. common, kanye, lupe, little brother the only reason i still listen to this childish rap sh*t.
 10 years ago '04        #45
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 Calvo said:
real talk, how am i supposed to buy cds when gas costs 50 bucks a tank, when movies cost 9 dollars a ticket, when tolls (in fla) go up 50 cents every 6 months, AND THEY STILL PAY PEOPLE 7 DOLLARS AN HOUR?
if you can afford a computer with internet connection...then you can afford 9.99 cd's at target....sometimes less then that.What do you think people did before they had burned cd's??Went without gas and food?? You dont have to buy every single cd that comes out.....but dont be like the people that refuse to buy a cd no matter how bangin it is....if you think its worth 10 bucks then go ahead and spend it....and maybe hip hop will be around for a little while longer...either that are start learning to like country and rock music...
 10 years ago '04        #46
space
space
Viacom, Inc. Headquarters
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
Voice (212) 258-6000 Fax (212) 285-6100

Cable

MTV
MTV2
mtvU
Nickelodeon
BET
Nick at Nite
TV Land
NOGGIN
VH1
Spike TV
CMT
Comedy Central
Showtime
The Movie Channel
Flix
Sundance Channel

Film

Paramount Pictures
Paramount Home Entertainment

Other

Famous Music

And lets not forget that they are now the same company. So every outlet from so so def records, to bet, to mtv is all owned by the same people, with the same viewpoint, and the same business direction.
 10 years ago '04        #47
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,742 | Props total: 28388 28388
^^^ yup...nothing to worry about......nobody gave a fu*k about hip-hop or the artist from the beginning....thats what its about....money...
 10 years ago '04        #48
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
I think this is good for hip hop "real hip hop" that is. Like Q tip said in the article "And there are different strains of hip-hop, but record companies aren't set up to sell these different strains. They aren't set up to do anything more of a mature sort of hip-hop."

Hip Hop needs to be reborn into different formats, and we need media coverage and labels to market these different formats. Not just one format, the one that gets all the negative publicity.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 08-21-2007 at 04:24 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #49
space
space
^^ i am telling you it won't happen under the name hip-hop......the accumulative a.ssociation is to strong.
 10 years ago '04        #50
space
space
 mr_underground said:
^^ i am telling you it won't happen under the name hip-hop......the accumulative a.ssociation is to strong.
Well, I mean, people over categorize music in all genres. I mean look at rock. Just like Q tip hinted at.

You got metal, emo, alternative, soft rock, rap rock, classic rock, etc, etc.

Maybe hip hop will follow suit. Hip hop will be like rock but they broaden it to, dirty south, gangsta rap, r and b, skate rap , old school, underground, etc, etc.

Just a thought.
 10 years ago '04        #51
space
space
Here's the classifications that yahoo launch has for "urban" music

the big jams
alternative hip-hop
gospel
hip-hops dopest debuts
motown
quiet storm
today's r & b
underground hip hop
women of R & B
1980s R & B
Dirty South
Funk
Neo Soul
West coast rap
adult r & b
classic soul
hip hop
men of R & B
new jack swing
reggae
tupac radio
urban new releases
1980s hip hop
b00ty time
east coast rap
hardcore rap
reggae dancehall
 08-21-2007, 04:58 PM         #52
been_grimm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
buzz phrase "mature hiphop" Hiphop is now in its 30's and trying to raise kids.
 10 years ago '04        #53
- JaEdEe24 - 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 16 16
Burning and ripping cds is what ruined rap.
 10 years ago '04        #54
space
space
 - JaEdEe24 - said:
Burning and ripping cds is what ruined rap.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Lil Jon who ruined rap.
 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM         #55
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MeziaaL said:
lets hope all the conscience rappers save hiphop...

theres no more battling or anything anymore, hiphop used to be excitement with local shows, spoken words, battles, freestyling, concerts, sh*ts just garbage now...
No.
 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM         #56
Crazee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everyone's hating on dance rap or "blingy" rap or R&B rap, but if you'd listen to Q-Tip you'd know that's not the problem. There have been party rappers, chick songs and pretty boys with shallow content since the beginning of rap. You can argue RunDMC and LL Cool J are better than the St. Lunatics and Fabolous. That's not the point. The point is, content wise there isn't much differance.

The differance is that ...Tag Team, for instance, would be balanced by Nas. Nelly would be balanced by Eminem. Young MC was balanced by Rakim.

The problem is that for years urban radio has been playing 80% R&B, and since rap and R%B are played on the same stations to the same market...this leaves very little room to promote hip-hop. What's going to play? Established stars and dance songs that people request. This has been a problem since the mid nineties, but you have so many established artists(and artists co-signed by established artists) that things were kept in check. But as the old stars start fading a little and taking more time off...the stations are playing R&B at a higher rate and whatever hip-hop fans call in to "request".

And unlike the mid nineties, rap fans have given up on the radio. Which is understood, I have to. But to the casual rap fan that listened to it in addition to other genres...well, it looks like all we have going for us is pop records. Rap fans into real hip-hop will support their artists...but not in the mainstream so less young people are being shown the variety hip-hop offers. And the mainstream fanbase doesn't even care to look.

I love hiphop and I always will, and I love it as much now as I ever did. The problem is not the lack of quality artists or albums. It's label politics, veterans getting near the end of their career...and more and more good artists making more money underground.
 10 years ago '06        #57
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
bootleggin fuked hiphop....why make a album only for it to be bootlegged or leaked (poor lupe).... think of it this way people without ITUNES n piracy= increased album sales..these rappers that "make it" have a career. But if u take from them why should they release a classic, i kno i wouldnt id release a sh*tty LP n still get my check. Yes i download bootlegged sh*t, but i also buy an album worth putting my money toward.....bootleggin hasnt been around that long so dont get it twisted
 10 years ago '04        #58
space
space
Well, I mean, people over categorize music in all genres. I mean look at rock. Just like Q tip hinted at.

You got metal, emo, alternative, soft rock, rap rock, classic rock, etc, etc.

Maybe hip hop will follow suit. Hip hop will be like rock but they broaden it to, dirty south, gangsta rap, r and b, skate rap , old school, underground, etc, etc.

Just a thought.

ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Here's the classifications that yahoo launch has for "urban" music

the big jams
alternative hip-hop
gospel
hip-hops dopest debuts
motown
quiet storm
today's r & b
underground hip hop
women of R & B
1980s R & B
Dirty South
Funk
Neo Soul
West coast rap
adult r & b
classic soul
hip hop
men of R & B
new jack swing
reggae
tupac radio
urban new releases
1980s hip hop
b00ty time
east coast rap
hardcore rap
reggae dancehall

but the word rock doesn't have any negative a.ssociations on it like hip-hop does, that word alone will turn most people off. rock has it so that punk rock has a ver specific sound and look over alternative rock like metal which has its own sub-genre....what makes ti hard for rap is ....they all do the same thing and sound similar....the person only has words to go on, because the beats are similar, and not all underground rap is in the style of q-tip and such, to some underground rap is people who haven't gotten big yet but who sound like lil scrappy or something. none of those genre's ring any specific bells other than 80s hip hop, underground rap could be 2 things, there is the jedi mind tricks, canibus underground and the wanna be famous but not yet underground.

east coast, west coast, dirty south and hardcore can be lumped into the same thing, they are basically the same, its the same bullsh*t just a slightly different sauce, but the negativity and bullsh*t remains so thats all the same to me. they all move in the same direction and are still rap and hip-hop, you can do without those names really because the rappers still say they rep hip-hop and rap, to that sole name hip-hop still gets sent the bill. i don't know what alternative hip-hop could be, i don't know it that MF Doom or if they would put him in the underground catagory.....

with rock there is no second guessing what sub genre the artist belong in, in hte rock world emo would be the closest thing to hip-hop from what i know and noise bands.

for the consious and MF doom style ( creative and new apprach) underground rappers they IMO are really gonna have to do what the metal guys did and change the name, because metal is rock, its alterative rock but the genre metal is independent on its own and needs no second guessing though it still counts as rock....i think those type of hip-hop artist are really gonna have to push a new name and concept in order for that kind of music to get its own identiy and stop being under the same credit card account as the mainstream, because they obviously ran up the bill to an unpayable amount. because...lil jon...hip-hop....?......Madlib...also hip-hop?...wtf....and the radio station that promotes playing the best in hip-hop and r&b plays lil jon?.....80x a day......so people will think that must be it.

----on the download issue-----

because i am apart of some pretty deep and heavy pirate networks and we warez a lot of sh*t....but we all support good quality material because we want them to keep making it so we can keep taking it so eveyone wins....they don't go broke and neither do we and we can still expose others and help people out by letting them get it free and they learn those rules too. like, if i am curious about some artist i am hearing about, i will download the music for free, if it really touched my heart then i am gonna buy it, so that artist can make more. but i wouldn't have even know without the support of the pirate network either. so they wouldn't have never got any money from me because i wouldn't have known in the first place.

Last edited by mr_underground; 08-21-2007 at 05:30 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #59
space
space
^^^
Props. I see what you're saying. So the broader categorization isn't the problem. It's showing that all hip hop should not have the same stigma that the garbage rap has.
 10 years ago '07        #60
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
 mrwickedmon said:
if i remember correctly the last cd i bought was BLANK
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
239 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
92 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy