most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #21
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2115 2115
 mr_underground said:
obviously people aren't gonna buy and support a sh*tty product....you might get tricked one or twice but nobody is gonna support or by any of the bullsh*t out today, same with underground rappers they are automatically fu*ked because they share the same name as the bullsh*t. so nobody is gonna give it the time. the only way for concious rap to go anywhere is to have a new name and a.ssociation. also its not about record sales....that the labels problem not the artist, if i really love music i would make it while homeless or while working some job...nothing would damper my passion, but in the rap world is all about money, people only rap as a means to a end, not because they like it.
yeah but also I think the standards have went waaaaay up since everything became free.Now if its not a classic,then nobody will buy it.If it is even 75% bangin....then people will still say its not good enough to spend they money on.Not every album can be a chronic or a ready to die but that does not mean its not worth the 9.99 at target when it comes out.And thats a nice thought about makin music just for the passion and not for the money but this is the real world...its hard to hold down a 9-5 and do music and spend ya money on the studio time,pressing cd's,marketing.....and then not be getting anything back for it.It is the artists problem if the record doesnt sell becuase that means they might get dropped or their next album budget will be lowered like a mufu*ka and they might even get shelved.....record companys are not trying to spend all that money on an artist who they know will not sell enough to make they money back.....I dont see anything wrong with downloading or buying a bootleg as long as if you really like the album to go out and buy the real one...but mufu*kas that just take and take and take and not putting any money back into this sh*t will be the death of it....like the dude's comment above me....if everybody thought like that then there would be no hip hop

Last edited by persuazion; 08-21-2007 at 01:29 PM..
 08-21-2007, 01:25 PM         #22
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
black people all hate on each other and dont support each other thats y rap doesnt sell anymore u guys should be ashamed of yourselves, daddy yankee drops an album all of puerto rico cops that sh*t cus the arent fu*king haters, every country has pride and supports thier own... except this one
 08-21-2007, 01:31 PM         #23
Ivory602 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip hop is alive in Phoenix!!!!!
 08-21-2007, 01:39 PM         #24
Crazee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Underground hip-hop has never been healthier. Everytime I hear reports saying rap is down, they only address it on a mainstream/major label level. Which is fine, that's what the public sees. But ever since the beginning of the decade when Lil Jon went platinum on a minor labels, independants and minor labels have been crossing the 100,000 mark more and more.

You see independants like Strange Music, Subnoize, Psycho+logical, Psycopathic and others consistently push 50k to 100k with every album without guest stars or major push. Ice Cube went gold on a minor label last year, E-40 did good.

And as much as everyone talks, rap's "greats" saleswise haven't dropped in years anyway. 50 and Nelly are dropping this fall, Kanye too. And Eminem next year. Check the sales then...
 08-21-2007, 01:39 PM         #25
BakLykILefSmthn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
alot of people are strugglin to get by without buying a piece of plastic for 18 dollars.
 10 years ago '04        #26
JJH35 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 891 891
as someone said earlier, most cds anymore are a few good songs and rest are worthless

and downloading isn't bootlegging if its legal downloading to whoever made that statement
 10 years ago '05        #27
tdots 
space
space
space
$632 | Props total: 645 645
Hip Hop now commerciallly obviously fits the product now. Sales are down because the product just isnt good anymore. Record companies are trying to play it safe by just sticking to whats supposedly "hot" and not trying to reinvent themselves with each new release. The whole idea of Hip Hop Stepping Their Game Up has died and its more about a paycheck than about the music and the love for it. When it starts getting like that, companies start forcing music and its becomes stale and boring. The consumer is no longer interested and they start getting into other genres of music. Commerical success of Hip Hop will die unless the passion and innovation comes back into it. people dont want the same product over and over again. ADVISE FOR ARTISTS: STOP PLAYING IT SAFE AND MAKE SOMETHING NEW AND CREATIVE. and since the record companies are making them put out this stuff, its like an old saying, "If you want something done your way, DO IT YOURSELF." Start your own label, get your own distribution deal and put out the music you want. Otherwise they can just continue to watch their sales plummet. Its their choice and right now they aint makin the right ones.
 10 years ago '04        #28
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,765 | Props total: 28479 28479
.if someone offers me a hip-hop cd i am automatically gonna deny it, i don't care if its $3 i will not purchase it because of the probablility its gonna suck. if i am curious about a hip-hop cd i will only download it, the word hip-hop has so many negative connotations on it, i don't even wanna be seen listening to a rap album unless its old school, or a old school artist who isn't on bullsh*t, something i can explain. but yeah the probablility of a good rap cd is too low for me to even think of support. hip-hop is to much youth domintated, most rappers have to quit at 30 because that old...but in other music genres you can be 100 and still going......with it being almost exclusively age range 13-28 plus the bullsh*t that out now has a lot to do with this as well. since hip-hop itself is one sided when it loses that one side its done for because that all it can survive on.

Last edited by mr_underground; 08-21-2007 at 01:56 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #29
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 1124 1124
lets hope all the conscience rappers save hiphop...

theres no more battling or anything anymore, hiphop used to be excitement with local shows, spoken words, battles, freestyling, concerts, sh*ts just garbage now...
Real Talk
 10 years ago '06        #30
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,317 | Props total: 1085 1085
 mrwickedmon said:
if i remember correctly the last cd i bought was BLANK
 10 years ago '04        #31
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2115 2115
 BRAZZ said:
People have been bootlegging cds as long as theyve been beeer, so please do not blame the plunging of sales on the internet. The reason why hiphop sales are down is because hiphop is no longer appealing nor is the quality any good..I personally believe ever since bling bling came out, hiphop went down hill
nah man....back in the day the only way to listen to the whole album before you bought it was to sample it at the music store with those big a.ss headphones....only in the last 5 years or so has it gotten to be where a 10 year old can get on the net,dl a album,burn it and sell them for candy money....when I was growing up there wasnt no sh*t like that......we was selling used genesis games not cds and movies.....before you only had a couple of cats bootlegging in your area,now everybody with internet access is the bootleg man.If the music sucks and quality is down why are hiphop sites so big then with people fiending for the next album release??
 08-21-2007, 02:31 PM         #32
Birdmane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BRAZZ said:
People have been bootlegging cds as long as theyve been beeer, so please do not blame the plunging of sales on the internet. The reason why hiphop sales are down is because hiphop is no longer appealing nor is the quality any good..I personally believe ever since bling bling came out, hiphop went down hill
man you tripping bootlegging is at its all time high now back between 96 and 02 i use to hop into a old head whip and ask them what they banging.

and they would pull out an nas,jay,or dre bought cd out the store now i ask them what they banging.

and they'll hand me an mp3 player with a data disk inside of it with nothing but illegally downloaded albums.
 10 years ago '04        #33
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
Sig........
 10 years ago '04        #34
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
 Birdmane said:
man you tripping bootlegging is at its all time high now back between 96 and 02 i use to hop into a old head whip and ask them what they banging.

and they would pull out an nas,jay,or dre bought cd out the store now i ask them what they banging.

and they'll hand me an mp3 player with a data disk inside of it with nothing but illegally downloaded albums.

Man bootleggin back in the day was like, "Yo homie, lemme borrow that cd so i can put it on a cassette........."

Point being n*ggas bought albums back in the day...............
 10 years ago '04        #35
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
Oh and sig......
 10 years ago '04        #36
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 MeziaaL said:
lets hope all the conscience rappers save hiphop...

theres no more battling or anything anymore, hiphop used to be excitement with local shows, spoken words, battles, freestyling, concerts, sh*ts just garbage now...
:applause: All tha essentials what make hip hop are nor non-existent....
 08-21-2007, 03:18 PM         #37
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm tired of people saying the same old thing... Everyone in the industry seems to be scared to point out the fact Hip Hop is better than ever, and that the only reason it appears worse to ignorants, is because the fu*king rich media and all them guys at the top want it to look bad, and only want to sell gangster rap.

The underground scene >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 10 years ago '04        #38
B-Y-D 
space
space
$1,213 | Props total: 45 45
Hiphop going the way of Disco
 10 years ago '06        #39
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,700 | Props total: 8662 8662
We download music now once they figure how to stop that then music sells will go back up.'
 10 years ago '04        #40
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9513 9513
 Thepeoplerunnin said:
Oh and sig......
Major props on that sig.

I'm so glad to actually see a good thread. There's a lot of knowledge in here and it seems that most people got thier head in the right place on this one.

I really like the article because it also goes into media ownership. Yea we think Interscope only wants to put out certain music. But it's owned by Sony/Viacom. They're the ones who are really determining the type of music that is being put out. And Interscope is not their only lable. They own multiple lables that are all putting out the same homogenized garbage.

check out this link, it tells you which companies own what. You'll be amazed

But yea hip hop has become the same bland packaged product. Big chains, big rims, nekkid girls, etc., etc. Why don't we see more Common videos, or J5, etc.

I have found myself listening to rock more too. And of the hip hop I do listen to, yea it's all from when i was growin up. (I'm 25 now) so it's for hip hop, it's mainly old school.

I'M TIRED OF HEARIN' PEOPLE RAP ABOUT DOPE!!! Rap about positive sh*t. Rap about life, rap about love, and most importantly, love what you Rap.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy