most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
7184 pageviews
243 comments

CrAkKedOuT 962 heat pts962
space
space
space
$23,697 | Props total: 15167 15167
**The Official BIOSHOCK Thread**

That is it! I just had to do this cuz the board gettin redic with reviews and other sh*t.

To all you Achievement wh0ores out there.
[pic - click to view]

Diary Location List (good but not complete yet).
[pic - click to view]

Weapon Upgrade Stations Location List

For people that want that Widescreen FOV (Field of View) problem fixed please let 2k know

here ->
[pic - click to view]

http://forums.2kgames.com .. t=4883&page=47

Also let EPIC know that they need to get their UE3 engine to support TRUE widescreen ->
[pic - click to view]

http://forums.epicgames.c .. d.php?t=576029

If you don't know what we mean by the FOV Problem here is a pic showing the problem.

[pic - click to view]

In case you've been in the dark here's some links to some reviews of Bioshock to give you more info about it. There is also a demo on Xbox Live for you to download and experience what people are praising.

Comments from different Websites & Magazines
Official Xbox Magazine UK - 100
Amazingly written and beautifully constructed, it's a complete emotional rollercoaster which we can't drawn any parallels with...You'll be playing this game for months to come, exchanging story elements to build up the bigger picture, and arguing about what it all means. [Sept 2007, p.88]

EuroGamer - 100
BioShock is the ultimate rarity: not only does it live up to its lofty promise, but exceeds it through simple, old fashioned talent and imagination - not to mention verve, style,class, wit, and sheer bloody-minded ambition. It takes the tired, worn-out FPS genre by the scruff of the neck, reinvents and bend it out of shape in such a breathtaking fashion that it's going to take something very special to top this in the months and years ahead.

Game Informer - 100
It’s ingenious, enthralling, and a masterpiece of the most epic proportions. So without further delay, would you kindly enter Rapture so that you too can experience the best that video games have to offer?

Gamepro - 5/5
BioShock comes along at a time when big-budget games are becoming an almost disposable form of entertainment. You play them through once and put them back on your shelf to gather dust, forgotten. In the end, most of those games don't matter. I'm happy to say that BioShock does matter. It leaves its mark on a genre that has its fair share of memorable titles and it does it with style and panache. It is easily one of the best games of the year and it more than ably lives up to the high bar set by its spiritual predecessor, System Shock 2.

1UP - 100
Taken as a whole, as an experience that's richly and utterly complete, and one that engages the player in a constant dialogue, BioShock is virtually unassailable. And that makes you feel good.

GameSpy - 100
An unparalleled achievement. No other game comes even remotely close to it in terms of raw emotional connection.

Console Gameworld - 99
It's near-flawless gameplay and design leaves me shaking for more.

IGN - 97
There is art here, despite what many would say isn't possible with games, from Roger Ebert to game designers like Hideo Kojima...BioShock stands as a monolithic example of the convergence of entertaining gameplay and an irresistibly sinister, engrossing storyline that encompasses a host of multifaceted characters. This is an essential gaming experience.

TeamXbox - 95
It's inventive and entertaining, with a number of twists and unexpected situations that'll have you on the edge of your seat...It's rare to find a game that has both quality in its engineering and quality in its gameplay.

ZTGameDomain Review - 10/10
As you stalk a Big Daddy you will come to realize that it is literally impossible to hate them. They are passive until provoked and watching them kneel down to allow a Little Sister to climb on their backs is very touching. Their main purpose in the game is to protect the carriers of this valuable resource and it is left up to you to decide which path you want to take. Without spoiling too much you are rewarded for either path you choose in the form of the ending, so even if you decide to take the greed route and harvest them all you can and will want to come back for more.

Moments like these are common in BioShock and are the heart and soul of what make it the masterpiece that it is. Being able to tackle the game any way you see fit is a task that most developers boast but fail to deliver upon. Ken Levine and the team at Irrational Games (now known as 2K Boston and 2K Australia respectively) have crafted one of the most engrossing experiences in the history of interactive entertainment. If you own an Xbox 360 or a PC it would be a disservice for you to miss out on this incredible experience. I cannot recommend this game enough; in my twenty plus years of gaming I can honestly say this is the kind of title that I dream about playing and I am just glad that I got to experience it. For those of you complaining about me-too sequels and the same old crap being pushed to retail on a weekly basis now is the time to speak with your wallet. Pick up BioShock and get lost in the city of Rapture.
Reviews

[pic - click to view]

1up

[pic - click to view]

Console Gameworld

[pic - click to view]

Eurogamer

[pic - click to view]

Gamepro

[pic - click to view]

Gamespy

[pic - click to view]

IGN

[pic - click to view]

TeamXbox

[pic - click to view]

ZTGameDomain

If anyone is thinking about getting this game on the PC here's a little review.

Review: PC BioShock Outshines 360 Version

PC.IGN is sporting the first online review of the PC version of BioShock. Overall score was pretty darn high. Does the PC version play better?
If you're debating which version to get, the PC version handles better. In part it's because of the greater precision with the mouse and keyboard, but also with how the plasmids and weapons are selected. With the default settings RMB switches between the two, LMB fires, and you use the mouse wheel instead of a radial menu to select a specific plasmid or weapon. This keeps you rooted in the action to a greater degree than in the Xbox 360 version, since you don't have to keep pausing the game. By hitting Shift you can bring up a plasmid and weapon selection screen if you so desire, but the mouse wheel scrolled through fast enough to stay useful. Note that you can't set LMB to fire a weapon and RMB to fire a plasmid; there's only one fire function. We also noticed the option to bind the functions "switch and fire weapon" and "switch and fire plasmid," but when we tested it out these only switched from weapon to plasmid and back again, much like the RMB default function. All weapons and plasmids are also bound to the number and function keys, making it even easier to ensure you always have the ideal attack at the ready.
How do the graphics compare?
The PC version definitely outclasses the Xbox 360, mostly because of the ability to crank the resolution to 1920 x 1200. If you've got a Vista rig with a DX10 card, you can expect some heightened particle effects, crisper real-time shadows, and more dynamic water, but the game looks gorgeous regardless. On our gaming PC running a Core 2 Quad processor with a GeForce 8800 GTX, and 4 GB of RAM, it ran very well, with only a few occasions of seemingly random framerate hitches. We also couldn't find an option to switch between DX10 and DX9 modes, the game just seems to default to what's in your system, unlike Lost Planet.

[pic - click to view]

http://ve3d.ign.com/artic .. es-360-Version

So there we go, lets try keeping all BioShock talk in here. :D

Last edited by CrAkKedOuT; 08-22-2007 at 03:46 PM..

243 comments for "**The Official BIOSHOCK Thread**"

10 years ago '04        #2
trill1 
space
space
$2,732 | Props total: 398 398
is it worth to buy or a nice rental the demo was hot but idk
 10 years ago '06        #3
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 1175 1175
^^^any game that gets those kinda scores is a buy if you like those types of games.
 10 years ago '05        #4
TheCarter11 
space
space
$296 | Props total: 5 5
i really want that game. i honestly never seen a game with so many great reviews.
 10 years ago '06        #5
Buckwhite 28 heat pts28
space
space
$887 | Props total: 28 28

[pic - click to view]

THIS WAS CRAKKED WHEN HE FIRST PLAYED THE DEMO
 10 years ago '05        #6
brickflippa 
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 15 15
Bioshock does rule
 10 years ago '05        #7
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,101 | Props total: 10810 10810
Gamepro scored it a 5/5

BioShock comes along at a time when big-budget games are becoming an almost disposable form of entertainment. You play them through once and put them back on your shelf to gather dust, forgotten. In the end, most of those games don't matter. I'm happy to say that BioShock does matter. It leaves its mark on a genre that has its fair share of memorable titles and it does it with style and panache. It is easily one of the best games of the year and it more than ably lives up to the high bar set by its spiritual predecessor, System Shock 2.
 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM         #8
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO... the board is going Bioshock crazy and most of us don't even have it yet... roll on next week!
 10 years ago '05        #9
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,525 | Props total: 1703 1703
a game has never made me smile as hard as i did since DOA Xtreme 2.
N it WAS ONLY THE fu*kING DEMO!!!
i mean, when the game started, i was like wow... i thought i was still in a cutscene. so the visuals is bingo material.
the story
come on man...
and the gameplay
setting a mothafu*ka on fire just so he'll jump in water to put himself out only so you can put a burst of electricity into that puddle n shock the living sh*tpickle out of him is by far 1 of ths most stylish deaths ive ever seen (that n those funny a.ss traps... Beat That STRANGLEHOLD!)
when i get this i wont be on dead or alive alot...
N this game reminds me so much of condemned which is a top tier favorite on my list... (in condemned u ran thru wacking sh*t with anything you could pick up along wit your tazer. best believe, if possible, ill beat bioshock with nothing but a wrench n electricity... the healthbars look alike too...)
JUST LOOK AT ME! THIS GAME HAS ME TYPING ESSAYS!!!

o yea, this is a buy...
but i dont think they can deliver such greatness twice... yes im saying the sequel is gonna SUCK compared to this...
in done ranting
G'NOYGHT!
 10 years ago '05        #10
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,525 | Props total: 1703 1703
o yea... WTF is with 2kgames n monkey wrenches anyway?
dont think i forgot about Prey...

[pic - click to view]

Prey...

[pic - click to view]

Bioshock...

Last edited by Kokujin Kotei; 08-16-2007 at 11:33 PM..
 08-17-2007, 12:11 AM         #11
Michael Jordan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Michael Jordan will rent this sh*t.

Last edited by Michael Jordan; 08-17-2007 at 12:41 AM..
 08-17-2007, 08:15 AM         #12
JiN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LoL Is it a rent or buy LoL. No, a game that gets nothing but the best scores possible sounds kinda iffy to me. I can't wait for this ill sh*t, demo was played twice. Anybody catch word about any of the other 70 plasmids?
 10 years ago '07        #13
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,863 | Props total: 2383 2383
:applause:

I'm coppin' the LE strictly for the Big Daddy figurine.

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #14
scarface622 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,212 | Props total: 1 1
like i said on the demo thread
GOTY!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #15
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
Cant wait to play the full game
 10 years ago '05        #16
freemusic man 
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 175 175
i feel as though its a hyped up comdemed. [IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]
 08-17-2007, 09:46 AM         #17
Jann 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 freemusic man said:
i feel as though its a hyped up comdemed. [IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]
Your tastes in games suck anyway Mr. Sonic Adventure and Armored Core 4 are hot games.

When I come back to NY Im gonna strangle you.
 10 years ago '05        #18
freemusic man 
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 175 175
lol so what i love sonic and i hate armorcore now them f*gs in that game have super fast mechs that kick a.ss and take names and i cant catch up to them lol but anyways lol i really didnt like this game that much lol when u try to strangle me [IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]

Last edited by freemusic man; 08-17-2007 at 09:56 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #19
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,101 | Props total: 10810 10810
stranglehold
 10 years ago '05        #20
DuzzE 42 heat pts42
space
space
$1,951 | Props total: 19 19
cant wait
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy