How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #141
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,739 | Props total: 12561 12561
Like I said, if MJ was dumb enough to take as many shots as Kobe from the 3, then his 3point numbers would looks similiar.

The funny thing is Kobe's best percentage is fu*kin 40% from the 3, which is a fu*kin joke considering how many he takes.

This arguement is not even worthy of discussion. Kobe has alot of work to do.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-14-2007 at 12:29 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #142
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
na but 9 threes tho wtf was that n*gga scared or something????
Rookie year.

thats when your just finding yourself, seeing what you can get away with in the league.

If you know your 3 point game is not where it should be, and you can get whatever you want in the paint, why shoot the 3?

Jordan knew this, yet he worked on his three point game in the offseason and became better..

This is what champions do. They do not FORCE the issue, they play within their means, which is what is suppose to be the best for the team. MJ got better with his three and added it to his arsenal. He never got greedy with it, and always realised his bread and butter was in the paint.

Yet the only arguement people have with kobe is, "he's a better 3 point shooter" Which is bullsh*t he only takes more attempts.

"He plays against bigger players" Like I said before, if you put MJ Wilt, or whoever from the past in this era to start out with the same training thats offer now, they would be even better than what they were.. This is why you dont compair era's you only go by how they dominate their eras.

Until then Kobe needs alot more accolaids to even be mentioned with MJ. From a natural talent standpoint yes he can be the best.

But as far as calling him better right now?

How the fu*k can you say you know basketball, after making a statement like that.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-14-2007 at 12:28 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #143
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 Hold That said:
Show me, the proof I need to see a boxscore because you can not be trusted in posting stats seeing that you like to post Free Throw Line percentages. LOL
research it yourself. I gave you the dates.
 08-14-2007, 12:36 AM         #144
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

=

[pic - click to view]

:applause::applause::applause:
 10 years ago '04        #145
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,395 | Props total: 11770 11770
 Caron Butler said:
u got a point

come to think of it... Michael never was a master at the outside shot...

he can't touch this man

[pic - click to view]

U MEAN KOBE CANT TOUCH JORDAN

GET IT RIGHT
 08-14-2007, 12:44 AM         #146
Clyde Frazier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Back when he was younger, he was more of a dunker and a slasher; as he got older he went with his fade away jumper.
 08-14-2007, 12:52 AM         #147
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Rookie year.

thats when your just finding yourself, seeing what you can get away with in the league.

If you know your 3 point game is not where it should be, and you can get whatever you want in the paint, why shoot the 3?

Jordan knew this, yet he worked on his three point game in the offseason and became better..

This is what champions do. They do not FORCE the issue, they play within their means, which is what is suppose to be the best for the team. MJ got better with his three and added it to his arsenal. He never got greedy with it, and always realised his bread and butter was in the paint.

Yet the only arguement people have with kobe is, "he's a better 3 point shooter" Which is bullsh*t he only takes more attempts.

"He plays against bigger players" Like I said before, if you put MJ Wilt, or whoever from the past in this era to start out with the same training thats offer now, they would be even better than what they were.. This is why you dont compair era's you only go by how they dominate their eras.

Until then Kobe needs alot more accolaids to even be mentioned with MJ. From a natural talent standpoint yes he can be the best.

But as far as calling him better right now?

How the fu*k can you say you know basketball, after making a statement like that.
I didn't call him better now but its a whole lot closer than ur making it seem. Kobe doesn't have that Toni Kukoc waiting open from the 3 point line to help him. Every single team Jordan has work with have been better than what Kobe is working with now. when Kobe is double teamed he can pass it to smush parker, Jordan Farmar, and Lamar Odom???? And Jordans three point numbers were just as bad for the 1st couple of years he played he didn't just automatically get better after 1 season.
 08-14-2007, 12:57 AM         #148
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jordan made a total of 32 3s in 4 seasons and he played and started all 82 games in 3/4 of those years....
 10 years ago '05        #149
space
space
When the fu*k did 3 point shooting become the measuring stick to greatness?

Did I miss the memo? Someone fill me in?

How many Defensive MVP's Kobe Got?

How Many times he lead the league in stealing?

Has he ever had the most blocked shots in the league by a gaurd?

How many NBA MVP's he got?

How many NBA FINALS MVP's He got?

How many times he has shot over 50%?

I don't give a fu*k if it's because he shoots alot of 3's, if your going to shoot alot of 3's atleast be in the top 10 in 3point %. What the fu*k?

Shooting 34% from three considering how many he takes is not the sign of greatness. IM SORRY IT'S NOT!

Last edited by Hold That; 08-14-2007 at 01:09 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #150
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 Andre3000 said:
na but 9 threes tho wtf was that n*gga scared or something????

how about...shot selection? something kobe has never heard of lol

i see why basketball sucks now, because stern is trying to appeal to know basketball knowledge having f*g**ts, this is what you get when you let fu*kin retards weight in on real basketball convo

for the millionth time, the ammount of 3's jordan took is not the results of fear, or even the lack of ability to make the shot, it's about what would be the best for team play...you arent going to beat the detriot pistons of the 90's with their starting 5, all defensive powerhouses with NO kinda foul trouble, jordan took players out of the game, opened up the lane and when the d collapsed THEN he had peeps to kick it out to, that is the kind of sh*t that makes him one of the greatest champions ever

but you are more concerned with...who can shoot a longer fade away? is this what it's come to? who the fu*k cares when you're shooting fade aways and going 2/14 shooting in the 4th quarter in a playoff game...where does this invisable all so important, make kobe the greatest fade away 3 point range come in?

what is wrong with you people? if jordan took as many 3's as kobe i guarantee you'd he'd be shooting a higher percentage of them, and just because jordan didnt take high risk shots to make himself look good and jepordize the game doesnt make him less of a shooter, it makes him a smarter player you fu*king idiots, i guess he shoulda shot 40 3's his first year even tho he he needed to hit the weights something serious to even get the ball to shoot that far....wtf yo
 08-14-2007, 01:31 AM         #151
Ar-Ra'd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Skip>>>Ronnie said:
this will be his 4th year on his own in his PRIME and he still wont be able to get deep in the playoffs, how much time u guys gunna give him? 10 years?
Umm... MJ had a world class team every year when he went into the playoffs...b asically since pippen grant paxson all got together... he always had terrific teams
 08-14-2007, 01:36 AM         #152
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
When the fu*k did 3 point shooting become the measuring stick to greatness?

Did I miss the memo? Someone fill me in?

How many Defensive MVP's Kobe Got?

How Many times he lead the league in stealing?

Has he ever had the most blocked shots in the league by a gaurd?

How many NBA MVP's he got?

How many NBA FINALS MVP's He got?

How many times he has shot over 50%?

I don't give a fu*k if it's because he shoots alot of 3's, if your going to shoot alot of 3's atleast be in the top 10 in 3point %. What the fu*k?

Shooting 34% from three considering how many he takes is not the sign of greatness. IM SORRY IT'S NOT!
Pippen as a defender>MJ the fact MJ got a DPOY and Scottie didn't showed me how much the NBA was a popularity contest. If Kobe didn't mess up of the court the individual stats probably would have been there the NBA loved Kobe and as soon as the case happened they just disowned him :smh and statistically if I were take away every 3 kobe hit last season hed be at 50 percent what a coincidence. :rolleyes:
 08-14-2007, 01:41 AM         #153
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
Pippen as a defender>MJ the fact MJ got a DPOY and Scottie didn't showed me how much the NBA was a popularity contest. If Kobe didn't mess up of the court the individual stats probably would have been there the NBA loved Kobe and as soon as the case happened they just disowned him :smh and statistically if I were take away every 3 kobe hit last season hed be at 50 percent what a coincidence. :rolleyes:
thats all that needs to be said dre 3000 you won again this time by SLAUGHTER!:applause::applause::wow:
 08-14-2007, 01:44 AM         #154
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
how about...shot selection? something kobe has never heard of lol

i see why basketball sucks now, because stern is trying to appeal to know basketball knowledge having f*g**ts, this is what you get when you let fu*kin retards weight in on real basketball convo

for the millionth time, the ammount of 3's jordan took is not the results of fear, or even the lack of ability to make the shot, it's about what would be the best for team play...you arent going to beat the detriot pistons of the 90's with their starting 5, all defensive powerhouses with NO kinda foul trouble, jordan took players out of the game, opened up the lane and when the d collapsed THEN he had peeps to kick it out to, that is the kind of sh*t that makes him one of the greatest champions ever

but you are more concerned with...who can shoot a longer fade away? is this what it's come to? who the fu*k cares when you're shooting fade aways and going 2/14 shooting in the 4th quarter in a playoff game...where does this invisable all so important, make kobe the greatest fade away 3 point range come in?

what is wrong with you people? if jordan took as many 3's as kobe i guarantee you'd he'd be shooting a higher percentage of them, and just because jordan didnt take high risk shots to make himself look good and jepordize the game doesnt make him less of a shooter, it makes him a smarter player you fu*king idiots, i guess he shoulda shot 40 3's his first year even tho he he needed to hit the weights something serious to even get the ball to shoot that far....wtf yo
How is Stern trying to appeal to me??? I never told him to let Wade win in the Finals neither did I tell him to let refs get in betting scandals.

The point here for me is who does Kobe have to open the floor for him currently. Smush PArker, Luke Walton???? These n*ggas cant even hit open shots let alone learn how to play decent offense. Kobe has no fu*king choice dont u guys realize that?????
 08-14-2007, 01:45 AM         #155
Ar-Ra'd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Someone charge andre 3000 with e-man slaughter
 10 years ago '05        #156
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
Sorry but theres not a Bulls fan nor an NBA historian in the world who will tell you that Pippen was a better defender than MJ.

MJ is the All time leader for a perimeter player in Blocks. That includes Scottie Pippens position SF.

MJ is top 3 in steals all time.

MJ has lead the league in steals 4 times, more than Scottie.

MJ is a 9 time all Defensive First team.

MJ has a defensive Player of the year award.

Seriously do any Kobe fans, care to look up MJ's resume before they even start to speculate?

This was way to easy.

The sad thing is, people are constantly making excuses for Kobe. They can't even make a fair arguement for him, without an excuse about the NBA mistreating him, or he doesnt drive as much as MJ.

Well WHO's fault is that he doesnt drive as much? What does David Stern have to do with Kobe's stats? We are not talking about David Stern and Kobe's NBA Imagine we are talking about his stats.

Stop trying to sway the topic in order to make some point that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-14-2007 at 07:57 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #157
jdawgkemp 
space
space
$2,164 | Props total: 82 82
Kobe put himself in that situation in LA, why does he get a pass to cry about it now?
 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM         #158
Ya'll Fags  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stop Showin Off said:
This is a serous question... I watched MJ starting from 87 season...

he was unstoppable when he was in the zone... no one could stop his slashing to hte basket and occasional fade away

but i ask you, how often did he get hot from the perimeter? how often was he getting his points from long range (three point line)? Not very often...

He got the bulk of his points when he was "hot" or "in the zone" from dunks, lay ups, under the rim bank shots, etc...

he rarely had one of those games when he was hitting from EVERYWHERE on the court
watched him since 87 huh?

and you gotta 2380 on your sat?

muthafu*ker you weren't even BORN in 87 seeing as they changed the scoring in 2006, making you a high schooler either now, or last year. :finger:
 10 years ago '04        #159
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,348 | Props total: 2787 2787
too bad kobe never shot 500 in the season. Also being 33% 3 point shooter is something not to be proud of. Jordan knows when to shoot, pass, when to attack the paint. He knows how to use all of his skills set. Kobe actually has alot of skills but he dont know when to pass, and has one of the worst shot selection. And dont bring in that he has nobody now, because he didnt shot 500 when during his championship year and was still havin poor shot selection. sh*t his shot selection was the reason why detroit beat him in the finals.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 08-14-2007 at 08:42 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #160
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 Hold That said:

MJ is top 3 in steals all time.

MJ has lead the league in steals 4 times, more than Scottie.

MJ is a 9 time all Defensive First team.

MJ has a defensive Player of the year award.
Pippen has more career blocks than Jordan.
MJ's defense was always overrated.
He never guarded the best player on the other team. Matter of fact, during his championship years, he always had great defenders on his team.
Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant, Scottie Pippen.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy