How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

most viewed right now
 206
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 127
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 108
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #121
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 Hold That said:
Kobe can average 40 points in every single playoff game for the restof his career and still not surpass MJ's playoff PPG.
Typical idiot response. You seem to neglect the fact that Kobe wasn't even a first option for most of his career.
MJ was a first option for 15 years, while Kobe has been one for 3 years.
 10 years ago '04        #122
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 Skip>>>Ronnie said:
this will be his 4th year on his own in his PRIME and he still wont be able to get deep in the playoffs, how much time u guys gunna give him? 10 years?
How far did Jordan get on his own in the playoffs?

1986-87 NBA 40-42 5th, Central Division Lost East Conf 1st Rd
1985-86 NBA 30-52 4th, Central Division Lost East Conf 1st Rd
1984-85 NBA 38-44 3rd, Central Division Lost East Conf 1st Rd

stfu.
 10 years ago '05        #123
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 str8_akademiks said:
What's your point with the George Karl sh*t?

Felt like you just needed to add it on your essay just for the fu*k of it?

Look at the size of the players who play the post today and look at them in the 80's and early 90's.
Theres no comparison.

Most of the centers in MJ's time were tall and severly undersized and could have been abused easily.
Look at who's playing the post now. Amare, Dwight Howard, Karnett, Jermaine O'Neal. We're watching a different generation of players. Kobe is like 200lbs now. He would take a beating if he tried to play the post in today's game. sh*t, he's small for a SG too.

You can't compare defense in today's game vs. the 80's and 90's. Players were allowed so much more contact, and allowed to hand check. A good defender could shut down his opponent every night. Not to mention that MJ never guarded the best player on the team anyways. You want to give someone props for their defense, give it to Pippen.

And Kobe hasn't had the opportunity to be deep in the playoffs on his own, so you can't pass judgement on that anyways.
Your a fu*kin a moron.

You know why?

If you put MJ in the league today and started him out, he would have the same exact training these players are offered today.

The same exact training that wasnt offered back in the 80's. The same training that helps you be more athletic and faster, stronger and bigger.

Now take into consideration that MJ never had this training, YET he was still as athletic, still as strong, still as fast, as the players today.

So what does this tell us?

This tells us, if MJ was offered that same type of training, MJ would have been MORE ATHLETIC, FASTER AND EVEN MORE STRONGER. PRETTY MUCH EVEN MORE UNSTOPPABLE.

So your, players are to big and strong arguement is fu*kin trash. Get a new one.

If you have played a day of organised basketball in your life, then you will know how important it is to drive to the basket rather than settle for outside shots.

The George Karl game was for the thread starter who asked if MJ got in the zone anytime he wanted with his Midrange.

Basically that game was a perfect example due to the fact that, MJ was challenged and answered the call.


Heres another game where MJ IN THE PLAYOFFS, shot 16-22, 72% something Kobe will never fu*kin do in his life.



Last edited by Hold That; 08-13-2007 at 11:32 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #124
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 Hold That said:
Your a fu*kin a moron.

You know why?

If you put MJ in the league today and started him out, he would have the same exact training these players are offered today.

The same exact training that wasnt offered back in the 80's. The same training that helps you be more athletic and faster, stronger and bigger.

Now take into consideration that MJ never had this training, YET he was still as athletic, still as strong, still as fast, as the players today.

So what does this tell us?

This tells us, if MJ was offered that same type of training, MJ would have been MORE ATHLETIC, FASTER AND EVEN MORE STRONGER. PRETTY MUCH EVEN MORE UNSTOPPABLE.

So your, players are to big and strong arguement is fu*kin trash. Get a new one.
Yeah, and if Wilt Chamberlain had the same type of training as players today he'd be "MORE ATHLETIC, FASTER AND EVEN MORE STRONGER. PRETTY MUCH EVEN MORE UNSTOPPABLE"

What the fu*k is your point?

Saying that the size of players not being a valid argument is like saying that Wilt would have been as great as he was playing against today's centers, instead of midgets.

You make no fu*king sense.


YOU CANNOT COMPARE TWO PLAYERS OF TWO DIFFERENT ERAS.
The rules are different and the players are different.
 10 years ago '04        #125
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 Hold That said:
Heres another game where MJ IN THE PLAYOFFS, shot 16-22, 72% something Kobe will never fu*kin do in his life.

Again you prove yourself to be wrong, and make yourself look stupid.
I'll choose a game that's against the same team.

04-15-2007
18-25, 72%
50 points

Vs. Seattle.
 10 years ago '05        #126
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 str8_akademiks said:
Yeah, and if Wilt Chamberlain had the same type of training as players today he'd be "MORE ATHLETIC, FASTER AND EVEN MORE STRONGER. PRETTY MUCH EVEN MORE UNSTOPPABLE"

What the fu*k is your point?

Saying that the size of players not being a valid argument is like saying that Wilt would have been as great as he was playing against today's centers, instead of midgets.

You make no fu*king sense.


YOU CANNOT COMPARE TWO PLAYERS OF TWO DIFFERENT ERAS.
The rules are different and the players are different.
The point is why are you trying to compair era's? MJ was offered the same level of training as his competitors of his era.

So was Kobe in his current era, so why does he have a fu*kin excuse that he can't get into the lane?

Your arguement is fu*k trash. PERIOD.
 10 years ago '05        #127
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 str8_akademiks said:
Again you prove yourself to be wrong, and make yourself look stupid.
I'll choose a game that's against the same team.

04-15-2007
18-25, 72%
50 points

Vs. Seattle.
Yes because because playing against a tanking Seattle team is just as good as playing against a Playoff Nets team..

Kill your fu*kin self.

Kobe will never be as efficent as Jordan in his fu*kin life.
 10 years ago '04        #128
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 Hold That said:
The point is why are you trying to compair era's? MJ was offered the same level of training as his competitors of his era.

So was Kobe in his current era, so why does he have a fu*kin excuse that he can't get into the lane?

Your arguement is fu*k trash. PERIOD.
Tell me, was there anyone Lebron's size in that era?

fu*k no. We were seeing players like Brad Daugherty being drafted #1 overall. Basketball wasnt even close to as widespread back then as it is now. You've got more people trying to make the league and more competition.

As for post playing;
How many 7ft 300 pounders did you see in the 80's?
How many 7ft players PERIOD did you see in the 80's?
Close to None.

What do you suggest, he up his body weight to 250 to compete in the post?
Get real.
Genetics. Learn what the fu*k it is.
 10 years ago '04        #129
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 Hold That said:
Yes because because playing against a tanking Seattle team is just as good as playing against a Playoff Nets team..

Kill your fu*kin self.

Kobe will never be as efficent as Jordan in his fu*kin life.
You just said "shot 16-22, 72% something Kobe will never fu*kin do in his life"

I posted the statline.

Want another?

Again, from last year.

11-30-2006
19-26, 73%
52 points

vs. UTAH.



IN 3 QUARTERS of play.



I can do this all night.
 10 years ago '05        #130
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 str8_akademiks said:
Tell me, was there anyone Lebron's size in that era?

fu*k no. We were seeing players like Brad Daugherty being drafted #1 overall. Basketball wasnt even close to as widespread back then as it is now. You've got more people trying to make the league and more competition.

As for post playing;
How many 7ft 300 pounders did you see in the 80's?
How many 7ft players PERIOD did you see in the 80's?
Close to None.

What do you suggest, he up his body weight to 250 to compete in the post?
Get real.
Genetics. Learn what the fu*k it is.

This is the POINT.

MJ played in his era, which he was offered the same training as everyone else in his era.

Kobe plays in this current era, and is offered the same training as everyone else. He does not dominate his era like MJ dominates his.

This is how you determine greatness, how they dominate there era's.

When was the last time Kobe lead the league in steals? NEVER. When was the last time Kobe lead the league in scoring shooting over 50%? Never.

Based on your arguement you would say KG > Hakeem because KG is playing against bigger players.

Your arguement is a joke. Get a new one, bring some statistics show me something other than that bullsh*t "oh he's playing against bigger players arguement." Because if that is the only thing you can offer to this debate about Kobe being better than MJ than you've already lost.
 10 years ago '05        #131
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 str8_akademiks said:
Again you prove yourself to be wrong, and make yourself look stupid.
I'll choose a game that's against the same team.

04-15-2007
18-25, 72%
50 points

Vs. Seattle.
Also to show how big of a fu*kin clown you are, I just check this game.

Kobe shot 72% from the FREE THROW LINE not from the feild.



I'm talking about shooting 72% from the Feild, not from the FT..

Kobe went 13-27 in this game from the feild.

n*gga cant even read boxscores but want to debate that Kobe is better than Jordan..

n*gga go to sleep.
 08-14-2007, 12:03 AM         #132
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
This is the POINT.

MJ played in his era, which he was offered the same training as everyone else in his era.

Kobe plays in this current era, and is offered the same training as everyone else. He does not dominate his era like MJ dominates his.

This is how you determine greatness, how they dominate there era's.

When was the last time Kobe lead the league in steals? NEVER. When was the last time Kobe lead the league in scoring shooting over 50%? Never.

Based on your arguement you would say KG > Hakeem because KG is playing against bigger players.

Your arguement is a joke. Get a new one, bring some statistics show me something other than that bullsh*t "oh he's playing against bigger players arguement." Because if that is the only thing you can offer to this debate about Kobe being better than MJ than you've already lost.
Who the fu*k is KG playing against thats that big????
 10 years ago '05        #133
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 Andre3000 said:
Who the fu*k is KG playing against thats that big????
This is not my arguement this is Akademiks arguement because he says the players are BIGGER TODAY.


So you need to ask him, are the players really THAT MUCH bigger from the players in the 90's.

I don't think they are.
 10 years ago '05        #134
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 str8_akademiks said:
You just said "shot 16-22, 72% something Kobe will never fu*kin do in his life"

I posted the statline.

Want another?

Again, from last year.

11-30-2006
19-26, 73%
52 points

vs. UTAH.



IN 3 QUARTERS of play.



I can do this all night.
Show me, the proof I need to see a boxscore because you can not be trusted in posting stats seeing that you like to post Free Throw Line percentages. LOL
 08-14-2007, 12:09 AM         #135
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
This is not my arguement this is Akademiks arguement because he says the players are BIGGER TODAY.


So you need to ask him, are the players really THAT MUCH bigger from the players in the 90's.

I don't think they are.
Na C/PF arent that bigger but ur average SF wasn't Lebrons size or body weight.
 10 years ago '05        #136
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 Andre3000 said:
Na C/PF arent that bigger but ur average SF wasn't Lebrons size or body weight.

Kobe doesnt gaurd LeBron. So I don't see the point of this arguement. Odom gaurds lebron and even if LeBron does not gaurd Kobe. Only time they gaurd each other is during the last minutes of the game.

Coaches do not put their best player on the opposing teams best player throughout the game because they don't want to wear out the player on both ends throughout the course of the game.

So therefor the LEBRON arguement is MUTE.


Last edited by Hold That; 08-14-2007 at 12:13 AM..
 08-14-2007, 12:14 AM         #137
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jordans percentages are kinda funny to me. Its sorta like what I was going over with my friends in a Wade vs Arenas conversation. A guy that doesn't shoot 3s is obviously gonna have a higher FG % cuz all he does is shoot mid range shots. Jordan only attempted 9 3s in his rookie year Kobe does that in a game cuz hes the main shooter.
 08-14-2007, 12:15 AM         #138
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Kobe doesnt gaurd LeBron. So I don't see the point of this arguement. Odom gaurds lebron and even if LeBron does not gaurd Kobe. Only time they gaurd each other is during the last minutes of the game.

Coaches do not put their best player on the opposing teams best player throughout the game because they don't want to wear out the player on both ends throughout the course of the game.

So therefor the LEBRON arguement is MUTE.
Kobe guards the best player on opponents teams a majority of the time. Only time he tries not to is during foul trouble. and lol Kobe does everything on that team defend, score, pass hes doing the best all around job I see any1 doing..


Last edited by Andre3000; 08-14-2007 at 12:17 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #139
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 Andre3000 said:
Jordans percentages are kinda funny to me. Its sorta like what I was going over with my friends in a Wade vs Arenas conversation. A guy that doesn't shoot 3s is obviously gonna have a higher FG % cuz all he does is shoot mid range shots. Jordan only attempted 9 3s in his rookie year Kobe does that in a game cuz hes the main shooter.

So it's MJ's and Wades fault that Kobe would rather shoot 34% from the 3 point line than go in and draw fouls and create for his teammates and take more high percentage and efficient shots?
 08-14-2007, 12:21 AM         #140
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
So it's MJ's and Wades fault that Kobe would rather shoot 34% from the 3 point line than go in and draw fouls and create for his teammates and take more high percentage and efficient shots?
na but 9 threes tho wtf was that n*gga scared or something????
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 68
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 44
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy