How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #101
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,411 | Props total: 3475 3475
 luda06 said:
Like I\'ve stated. Kobe is nothing but a mindless drone. Jordan wasn\'t a direct, carbon copy of the players before him. Only an idiot would believe that and you prove my point. You really believe MJ\'s entire game is like Dr. J? Why you trying to run with that bs?

Kobe is more of a shooter than slasher. Just like the OLD MJ. Kobe is and has already wasted his athletic ability by not going to the basket more. Lebron and Wade are taking advantage of it, shoot higher percentages and are more efficient scorers than Kobe. When they become older, if they\'re smart enough, they will adjust their game to become prerimiter scorers.

Kobe is merely playing copy cat, it\'s almost sad that you guys fail to see that. He takes a lot of long, unessacary jumpers, and when they don\'t fall he forces sh*t. That\'s how he k!lled the Lakers in the \'04 Finals, and in the playoffs ever since then. He doesn\'t take advantage of what the defense gives him, he tries to create sh*t too much.

He\'s an emulation and a very poor one at that. Kobe fans should take that as a compliment and move on.
Stop acting like you're even old enough to have seen the 'old MJ'.
 08-13-2007, 01:21 PM         #102
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reggie Bush said:

[pic - click to view]

08-13-2007, 01:23 PM         #103
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yes MJ was great, i saw him was like his last 3 titles and he was great n sh*t but it seems people at times jump on the "bangwagon" of him being the greatest n sh*t like

"mj is the best of all time, everybody thinks so so i feel that way too"

sh*t

hes one of the greatest we get it, but sh*t some people should really get off his sack,
 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM         #104
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
Stop acting like you\'re even old enough to have seen the \'old MJ\'.
Oh, this is the same guy who didn\'t even know what NBC was right?
 10 years ago '04        #105
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 luda06 said:
Oh, this is the same guy who didn\'t even know what NBC was right?
no...

The fu*k are you on?
 08-13-2007, 01:39 PM         #106
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL Don\'t make me find that post when you said..

\"What\'s NBA on NBC all about\" or some sh*t like that.

Anyways..

^^ Kobe\'s game in a nutshell.
 10 years ago '04        #107
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 luda06 said:
LOL Don\'t make me find that post when you said..

\"What\'s NBA on NBC all about\" or some sh*t like that.

Anyways..

^^ Kobe\'s game in a nutshell.
Go ahead and find it.

It doesnt exist.

I've been watching basketball before you were even born. Just stfu.
 08-13-2007, 02:07 PM         #108
been_grimm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Right off the bat I'd say game 3(i think) vs portland. The infamous shoulder shrug game after lighting up Clifford Robinson.
 08-13-2007, 02:12 PM         #109
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sheeed said:
n*gga u quotin urself???
:wow::wow:
 08-13-2007, 02:12 PM         #110
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People only get mad when you say the truth. LOL @ dude giving me hate.
 08-13-2007, 02:13 PM         #111
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
People only get mad when you say the truth. LOL @ dude giving me hate.
Who gave you hate?
 08-13-2007, 02:21 PM         #112
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WSH Redskins said:
Who gave you hate?
He knows who he is. Gonna give hate and not even post = Loss.
 10 years ago '04        #113
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 luda06 said:
He knows who he is. Gonna give hate and not even post = Loss.
wasn't me
 10 years ago '04        #114
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 RakimAllahNY said:
And Jordan played like Dr J people said. What does this have to do with the question at hand?
it has to do with the truth, look at how kobe plays

he is not innovating sh*t, and MJ WAS a clone of doc until when....he developed a jumper becuase he couldnt smash on everybodies head anymore, he couldnt fly high on every play so he changed his game, up'd his basketball IQ and got the job done, he adapted

kobe is just imitating THAT phase of jordans career because that is truely when he was a COMPLETE player, not because he could dunk great but because his bastketball and decision making had made him even more unstopable than the young, i'm going nowhere but to the HOLE jordan of the 80's and early 90's

well guess what...kobe still has the legs of the young michael jordan so instead of letting his talent guide his play, he continues to d*ckride to the point where he's carbon copying a motherfu*ker to a point of FAULT, he's doing things that he doesnt even need to do yet just because jordan did it when he was "complete"

the only thing is, all the talent in the world with no formidable b-ball IQ, leader ship and decision making will leave you with what....the best INDIVIDUAL player in the league who nobody likes to play with and whines more than my godson

he's an incredible player but since you f*g**ts like to ACT like you know your bastketaball then tell me with a straight face, or keyboard that i'm wrong...i'm not, just more proof that you dont need to berate jordan to give props to his offspring, if you want to d*ckride...just make another kobe thread, leave jordan alone because there is no way in hell, even as probably the second best 2-guard ever that kobe can hold a candle, and you know it

shooting a lot of 3's in bad game situations doesnt make you reggie miller, it just makes you out to be trying too hard, and people wonder why his team mates hate him
 08-13-2007, 07:00 PM         #115
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So michael d*ckriders are excusing mj's lack of a consistent outside shot?
 08-13-2007, 10:14 PM         #116
Bdempsey8907  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
He's talking about 1 game you idiot.
how is he talking about one game? these are his exact words:

"but pierce is a purer shooter than ricky so pierce wouldve shot like 70 percent from the field man. go to nba.com this n*gga barkley shot like 66% from the field one year in the 80"
 10 years ago '04        #117
dre03 
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 dj mannie fresh said:
he was hitting a hell of a lot of freethrows when he was in the zone too. i remember back in 88 i was watching him go off and his defender were playing 5 feet off of him like bowen was doing lebron in the finals when he was makin a mockery of bron. watch a lot of those games jordan was scoring not off of skill but athleticism. like you said off of dunk and in close play. thats how he developed a mean post game because of his size over the smaller defender. he was posting up danny ainge at will even bird said it. ''it was laughable when they sent white boys to guard me because i thought it was disrespectful and im white''. a bulk of what jordan manhandled was non athletic white guys with FLOWING BLONDE LOCKS but seriously if arenas had played back then with his speed and range he wouldve hit 90 in a game and 70 any night he chose. and not to mention the double teams back then were pathetic. they would double u by holding their hands in the air! instead of trying to steal or tie u up. but mike was smart and effiecient. he knew he wasnt gonna shoot over double teams and tear it up from the perimeter so he does what wade does slash and try and draw contact. and when jordan developed a perimeter game in the 90s. it was because he didnt recieve the double and he had time to develope. they had to worry about his team and not him. they couldnt afford to double. and one of the other people who supposedly gave mike trouble was john starks man i love starks but like steve kerr said thats another example off 90% of the players who played back then not being able to even have a roster spot in todays game.
Really dats funny because Jordan at 40 in the year of athleticism as u say... was still averaging 22 points a game at 40 against Kobe's, McGrady's, Bowens, Marions, Garnetts, Artests and etc.... This was at 40 years old... If he was still one of the top 20 players at 40 then imagine how he would handle them in his prime so your statement is bland....

Not to mention the players nowadays are more athletic but the league has developed rules to help these supposed athletic players score better... U cant even touch the players nowadays without getting fouls called... That is why we suck overseas because we get pampered here nowadays.... Everyone knows defenses were tougher then than now...

And im tired of you people talkin bout who he played against were a bunch of white ppl.... Kobe's style is jordan's style there is nothing original about kobe's game it is mirrored from jordan himself... So obviously now or then jordan's game would dominate... Or is it a coincidence the best player in todays game shoots his fadeaway like jordan, slashes like jordan, sticks out his tongue like jordan, plays defense like jordan and even talks like jordan...
 10 years ago '05        #118
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
Jordan could get in the Zone whenever he wanted.

The thing about MJ was, he was a very smart player. He knew if he sat back and shot three's all day, it would be ALOT harder to get your teammates involved if your not driving into the lane and letting the defense collapse on you.

That is what Kobe has yet to figure out. Little tricky ways to get your teammates involved through your game.

Jordan knew if he drove into the lane he would either;

1.) Draw a foul on a key player.
2.) Let the defense collapse on him which he would pass out to the open man
3.) Take a high percentage shot rather than risk jacking up three.

Jordans three point game is not as good as Kobe's based on the fact that he just never took as many as Kobe from the three. His midrange game however I feel is better, if not better it's definantly not worse.

When you have an unstoppable midrange game, an unstoppable post up game, why the hell would you shoot a 3 if thats the weakest weapon in your arsenal?(and his three point shot wasn't bad at all)

Towards the end of his career after his first retirement is when MJ's midrange was at his best.

This was when George Karl bashed MJ for taking to many JUMPERS, thinking he was trying to save his body from injury for the playoffs.

MJ too offense to that, and k!lled him on 68% shooting with mostly Jumpers.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-13-2007 at 11:01 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #119
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
 WSH Redskins said:
So michael d*ckriders are excusing mj's lack of a consistent outside shot?
When your a perfect 10 on every fu*kin thing else on the court, why would the only 8 rating from the 3 point be any of concern?

Kobe's not a 10 on defense, Kobe's not a 10 in the post and Kobe is damn sure not a 10 in playoff preformances.

Kobe can average 40 points in every single playoff game for the restof his career and still not surpass MJ's playoff PPG.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-13-2007 at 11:09 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #120
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Hold That said:
Jordan could get in the Zone whenever he wanted.

The thing about MJ was, he was a very smart player. He knew if he sat back and shot three's all day, it would be ALOT harder to get your teammates involved if your not driving into the lane and letting the defense collapse on you.

That is what Kobe has yet to figure out. Little tricky ways to get your teammates involved through your game.

Jordan knew if he drove into the lane he would either;

1.) Draw a foul on a key player.
2.) Let the defense collapse on him which he would pass out to the open man
3.) Take a high percentage shot rather than risk jacking up three.

Jordans three point game is not as good as Kobe's based on the fact that he just never took as many as Kobe from the three. His midrange game however I feel is better, if not better it's definantly not worse.

When you have an unstoppable midrange game, an unstoppable post up game, why the hell would you shoot a 3 if thats the weakest weapon in your arsenal?(and his three point shot wasn't bad at all)

Towards the end of his career after his first retirement is when MJ's midrange was at his best.

This was when George Karl bashed MJ for taking to many JUMPERS, thinking he was trying to save his body from injury for the playoffs.

MJ too offense to that, and k!lled him on 68% shooting with mostly Jumpers.

Enjoy.
What's your point with the George Karl sh*t?

Felt like you just needed to add it on your essay just for the fu*k of it?

Look at the size of the players who play the post today and look at them in the 80's and early 90's.
Theres no comparison.

Most of the centers in MJ's time were tall and severly undersized and could have been abused easily.
Look at who's playing the post now. Amare, Dwight Howard, Karnett, Jermaine O'Neal. We're watching a different generation of players. Kobe is like 200lbs now. He would take a beating if he tried to play the post in today's game. sh*t, he's small for a SG too.

You can't compare defense in today's game vs. the 80's and 90's. Players were allowed so much more contact, and allowed to hand check. A good defender could shut down his opponent every night. Not to mention that MJ never guarded the best player on the team anyways. You want to give someone props for their defense, give it to Pippen.

And Kobe hasn't had the opportunity to be deep in the playoffs on his own, so you can't pass judgement on that anyways.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy