How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-15-2007, 10:19 PM         #241
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stone Cold 3:16 said:
um... how abuut the greatest perimeter defender in history? Pippen?

that's what I'm doing with your post. Pippen? greatest perimeter defender in history? Grant Hill used to eat him alive every matchup.
 08-16-2007, 05:36 AM         #242
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Caron Butler said:
who's that 6'2 130 lb guard guarding him?
:wow::applause::applause::sick:
 08-16-2007, 05:40 AM         #243
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killuminatinow said:
that's what I'm doing with your post. Pippen? greatest perimeter defender in history? Grant Hill used to eat him alive every matchup.
mammhoud abdul rauf used to torch the sh*t out of jordan along with damn near......... i forgot jordan rarely guarded the best player and when he did half the time phil said it himself that he used to take mike off of guy and put pippen on. at jordan getting defensive award off of pippen lockin a n*gga up and him stealing from the weak side. my boy from brooklyns brother used to be pissed he used to scream out ''jordan aint sh*t but a waek side defender''! i aint know what the fu*k he was talkin bout till i got older and started paying attention. if you can sit up here and say jordan was a better defender than even shane battier ill smack your mother co-worker in the mouth
 08-16-2007, 05:42 AM         #244
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stone Cold 3:16 said:
um... how abuut the greatest perimeter defender in history? Pippen?

dont listen to him hes the same guy that said smush ran the triangle better than paxston kerr and armstrong:wow: and odom was better than pippen! lmao ask him hell say it again!
 08-16-2007, 05:43 AM         #245
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tim Westinghouse
Chicago Tribune.

Is Kobe Bryant The Greatest Guard Ever?

March 26 07
In this post, Only reflects on Bryant’s place amongst the all-time great guards.

The Take: Watching Kobe’s Quest For Five Straight 50+ Games. Is He The Greatest Guard Ever?

Kobe Bryant starts the game by absolutely going off on the Golden State Warriors, connecting for 17 points in the first nine minutes. So far, he’s hitting everything: fade away jump shots from both corners, tough drives to the basket, and impossible three-pointers.

It’s a remarkable display the greatest of Kobe-haters have to respect. Personal feelings aside, #24, in classic purple-and-gold, deserves unconditional props for his recent play.

Watching Bryant forces me to reflect on a larger and more important question: is he the greatest perimeter player ever? You heard correctly. Is the current version of Kobe Bryant the greatest perimeter player to ever don an NBA jersey?

That’s what these games are really about-figuring out Kobe’s place in the hierarchy of hoops immortality. Here’s the answer: currently, he’s balling at a level none of the all-time great guards can match. None of them can touch him.

The old school, Oscar Robertson, Bob Cousy, and ‘Pistol’ Pete, lack Bryant’s athleticism. And Kobe Bean’s a better defender and all-round player than Mr. no-look, himself, Magic Johnson.

The 2006-07 Bryant is an evolved and improved version of Michael Jordan. That’s right, evolved and improved. He’s bigger and more athletic than MJ. He’s a better defender. And he possesses a greater arsenal of offensive moves. Of course, basketball purists will disagree with my opinion on Kobe. They’ll compare Jordan’s six NBA Titles to Bryant’s three. They’ll compare Jordan’s relationship with teammates to Bryant’s relationship with Shaq.

However, it says everything that Bryant, at just twenty eight years old, can be part of such a question. Oh yeah, he fell short of 50 points, scoring a ‘disappointing’ 43 in a win over Baron Davis and the Warriors.
 10 years ago '06        #246
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,356 | Props total: 5527 5527
How did I know this was going to turn into a Kobe is better than Jordan thread?
 08-16-2007, 03:15 PM         #247
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj mannie fresh said:
mammhoud abdul rauf used to torch the sh*t out of jordan along with damn near......... i forgot jordan rarely guarded the best player and when he did half the time phil said it himself that he used to take mike off of guy and put pippen on. at jordan getting defensive award off of pippen lockin a n*gga up and him stealing from the weak side. my boy from brooklyns brother used to be pissed he used to scream out ''jordan aint sh*t but a waek side defender''! i aint know what the fu*k he was talkin bout till i got older and started paying attention. if you can sit up here and say jordan was a better defender than even shane battier ill smack your mother co-worker in the mouth

Chris Jackson used to torch everyone, when he was hot and he wasn't hot all the time. and at you not knowing about defensive sets and matchups. and Jordan, Harper, Armstrong and Pippen used each other. maybe you should check the stats, since you obviously missed the games. and obviously, you and your boy's brother, who's more than likely a distraught Knicks fan, have no clue about basketball and the way Phil Jackson has his players help, rotate and execute. go watch UntouchaBulls, so you can learn a thing or two about why they played the way they did.

and it doesn't matter if Battier is a better defender. one-on-one, players hardly scored on Jordan, because of his agressiveness and referee favoritism. but you want to complain about him stealing on the weak side? let's not forget how many blocks Jordan had on the weak side also, along with help side defense, as a team would play. do you really know basketball, or are you just going for the player who impresses you the most?
 08-16-2007, 03:20 PM         #248
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj mannie fresh said:
dont listen to him hes the same guy that said smush ran the triangle better than paxston kerr and armstrong:wow: and odom was better than pippen! lmao ask him hell say it again!

I did? show that post. because I recall me saying that smush has more offensive talent and able to better execute the triangle offense than paxson, kerr or armstrong. and since I know you can't back up your claim, I'll continue to clown you for not paying attention to production. who did Odom have on his team, when he was in Miami? who did Pippen have on his team when he was in Chicago? eh? stats don't lie and neither does talent and analysts, during the time those two were in the league together, would have picked Odom over Pippen. sorry youngin. not only have you not backed up one thing, you continue to spew your bullsh*t on this forum. it's laughable, but sad at the same time. step ya game up. and what's next? you'll post some pics and show how much of a homo you truly are?
 08-16-2007, 03:23 PM         #249
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
How did I know this was going to turn into a Kobe is better than Jordan thread?
because Kobe stans always try and bring in the "what if" scenarios, to try and help their case. but they always wind up making no sense or backing up their falsified claims.
 10 years ago '04        #250
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 killuminatinow said:
the r*pe case, to me, has nothing to do with his performance on the court. he actually had some of his best games during that distraction in his life. but there wouldn't have been as big as a market for him because of other players in the league that share his ability. the league gambled on Jordan after he hit the big shot in North Carolina. Jordan proved his worth on the court by doing what he did and there was no other player in the league like him. there's other players in the league like Kobe. i.e. McGrady

and 2 years ago, Nash didn't have Stoudemire and they still went far and put L.A. out of the playoffs. so I don't think Kobe should have gotten the MVP, especially since his team was 34-48.
Theres a huge difference between 34-48 like you say, and 45-37, like they were.
 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM         #251
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn why is this thread still here...?
 08-16-2007, 03:59 PM         #252
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
Theres a huge difference between 34-48 like you say, and 45-37, like they were.
I was talking about the 04-05 season, when they were 34-48. but obviously, you all are talking about the 05-06 season. and at 45-37, he still didn't deserve the MVP, as he was deleted from the playoffs against the MVP.

and until Nash retires, it will be hard for anyone to truly earn the MVP.
 08-16-2007, 04:04 PM         #253
Ar-Ra'd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killuminatinow said:
I did? show that post. because I recall me saying that smush has more offensive talent and able to better execute the triangle offense than paxson, kerr or armstrong. and since I know you can't back up your claim, I'll continue to clown you for not paying attention to production. who did Odom have on his team, when he was in Miami? who did Pippen have on his team when he was in Chicago? eh? stats don't lie and neither does talent and analysts, during the time those two were in the league together, would have picked Odom over Pippen. sorry youngin. not only have you not backed up one thing, you continue to spew your bullsh*t on this forum. it's laughable, but sad at the same time. step ya game up. and what's next? you'll post some pics and show how much of a homo you truly are?
I remember you said that...

And stats can lie... look at D-whistle

[pic - click to view]

killuminatinow said:
Chris Jackson used to torch everyone, when he was hot and he wasn't hot all the time. and at you not knowing about defensive sets and matchups. and Jordan, Harper, Armstrong and Pippen used each other. maybe you should check the stats, since you obviously missed the games. and obviously, you and your boy's brother, who's more than likely a distraught Knicks fan, have no clue about basketball and the way Phil Jackson has his players help, rotate and execute. go watch UntouchaBulls, so you can learn a thing or two about why they played the way they did.

and it doesn't matter if Battier is a better defender. one-on-one, players hardly scored on Jordan, because of his agressiveness and referee favoritism. but you want to complain about him stealing on the weak side? let's not forget how many blocks Jordan had on the weak side also, along with help side defense, as a team would play. do you really know basketball, or are you just going for the player who impresses you the most?
Don't disrespect Mahmoud by calling him by his christian name

and Michael was not a terrific defender.. he couldn't lock down AI, like Kobe could, and did

Michale had the refs and media in his back pocket
 08-16-2007, 04:09 PM         #254
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Caron Butler said:
who's that 6'2 130 lb guard guarding him?
Kobe Bryant. Give it up.
 08-16-2007, 04:16 PM         #255
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ar-Ra'd said:
I remember you said that...

And stats can lie... look at D-whistle

[pic - click to view]

come on now, we don't want to get into calls being called and not called. so save that bs for someone else. and go find the post, since you remember. and if you think one of those guards are better than Smush, I know I no longer need to talk to you.

Don't disrespect Mahmoud by calling him by his christian name
his mother named him Chris, so I'm going to call him Chris. I could care less what the Jesuits have you believe.

and Michael was not a terrific defender.. he couldn't lock down AI, like Kobe could, and did
first off, who said he was a terrific defender? was that in my post? no. and AI wasn't locked down by Kobe. Iverson averaged 35.6 PPG in the Finals. imagined if he wasn't "locked down."

Michale had the refs and media in his back pocket
and the NBA. I mean, look how they made that ball go into the basket, when it counted.

Last edited by killuminatinow; 08-16-2007 at 04:18 PM..
 08-16-2007, 04:27 PM         #256
Ar-Ra'd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killuminatinow said:
come on now, we don't want to get into calls being called and not called. so save that bs for someone else. and go find the post, since you remember. and if you think one of those guards are better than Smush, I know I no longer need to talk to you.
u cant find posts past your last 50 on bx anymore...

his mother named him Chris, so I'm going to call him Chris. I could care less what the Jesuits have you believe.
@ you working around the real issue...

first off, who said he was a terrific defender? was that in my post? no. and AI wasn't locked down by Kobe. Iverson averaged 35.6 PPG in the Finals. imagined if he wasn't "locked down."
don't you all always post how he was dpoy like 3 time? he didnt deserve one

and ty lue defended iverson most of the time in teh finals

and the NBA. I mean, look how they made that ball go into the basket, when it counted.
i mean, mj was always getting the calls every time he drove to the basket...

and ONLY DROVE couldn't get his points from outside, i mean 10 foot fadeaways don't count
 10 years ago '07        #257
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,664 | Props total: 4411 4411
at dude saying Chris Jackson...

Don't refer to Mahmoud by his born name when speaking about him...
 08-16-2007, 04:46 PM         #258
Caron Butler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killuminatinow said:
6'2"? you sure? if that was John Starks, you might want to check your player profile again.......
Look how small he is

u think that's actually competition?

put Caron Butler on him, he'll drop 50 on him
 10 years ago '05        #259
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
Another thread full of idiots....
 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM         #260
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ar-Ra'd said:
u cant find posts past your last 50 on bx anymore...
the kobe like mike thread is still up and going

@ you working around the real issue...
there is no issue but the sensitive one you chose to bring up.

don't you all always post how he was dpoy like 3 time? he didnt deserve one
and obviously, you don't check the stats. did you even watch him play? and most of those steals were from the trapping of his teammates. and it also worked in the favor of his teammates, when he was trapping the offensive player with another teammate. your NBA messiah will never have that defensive mindset.

and ty lue defended iverson most of the time in teh finals
I know. but you said Kobe locked down A.I., which isn't true.

i mean, mj was always getting the calls every time he drove to the basket...
you sure? everytime? I will admit that he didn't hardly foul out and the refs were in his favor, but everytime?

and ONLY DROVE couldn't get his points from outside, i mean 10 foot fadeaways don't count
10 feet? do you even know where 10 feet is on the court, from the basket? and maybe you should watch some of those Jordan videos to see that your ten feet is laughable.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago