How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-14-2007, 11:01 PM         #221
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
you cant deny facts, the lenth of your posts pretty much tells me you have nothing to say as a real comeback. but like dude said, this is only groupie bickering and d*ckriding by Laker fans.
dawg are u fu*kin serious with the sh*t you say? damn n*gga ur embarrasing the sh*t outta yourself man for real
 08-14-2007, 11:08 PM         #222
Stop Showin Off  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj mannie fresh said:
dawg are u fu*kin serious with the sh*t you say? damn n*gga ur embarrasing the sh*t outta yourself man for real
for real
 10 years ago '06        #223
SaTown's Finest 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 590 590
I just have to say look at the teams Mike had to go through. Imagine if the Piston's from the 80's played today. Everytime they fouled Mike, it would be a flagrant 1 or 2 in todays game. Hell, you can't even hand check. Mike in his prime would demoralize anyone in the game today, even Kobe. Kobe dropped 81 on the Raptors for God's sake. Mike was away from the game for 2 years, came back and in his 5th game, he dropped 55 on New York in New York. IMO that is a bigger feat than Kobe dropping 81 on the Raptors, at home.
 08-15-2007, 12:11 AM         #224
Stop Showin Off  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SaTown's Finest said:
I just have to say look at the teams Mike had to go through. Imagine if the Piston's from the 80's played today. Everytime they fouled Mike, it would be a flagrant 1 or 2 in todays game. Hell, you can't even hand check. Mike in his prime would demoralize anyone in the game today, even Kobe. Kobe dropped 81 on the Raptors for God's sake. Mike was away from the game for 2 years, came back and in his 5th game, he dropped 55 on New York in New York. IMO that is a bigger feat than Kobe dropping 81 on the Raptors, at home.
what about kobe outscoring the whole mavs team the eyar they went to the finasl thru 3 qtrs.... how u gonna respond to that....

o wait... you can't !
 08-15-2007, 12:49 PM         #225
Caron Butler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
espn radio is tight
 10 years ago '04        #226
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,329 | Props total: 8389 8389

[pic - click to view]

08-15-2007, 01:02 PM         #227
Caron Butler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:

[pic - click to view]

who's that 6'2 130 lb guard guarding him?
 08-15-2007, 04:28 PM         #228
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WSH Redskins said:
are you kidding me?

had kwame kept his a.ss on the floor and not jumped in game 6 of last year's playoffs, the lakers would have went to the second round and faced the clippers.. a team they would have easily contended with... then would have been the mavs.... now that's a team Kobe always tortures... you never know, they coulda been in the finals that year...
the lakers were embarassed Game 5 and Game 7. it was close for the first four games, but after that, the Lakers had no answer for Diaw or Nash. good try though with the ifs. Kobe will need help or he will need to go to another team if he ever wants to reach the Finals again.
 08-15-2007, 04:30 PM         #229
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stop Showin Off said:
Why do Kobe haters always ignore the fact that the Bulls had great teams from 91-98 every year

did you check the rosters of the Bulls during those years? they didn't have anything, but maybe three or four good players. everyone else played their role.
 08-15-2007, 04:32 PM         #230
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stop Showin Off said:
what about kobe outscoring the whole mavs team the eyar they went to the finasl thru 3 qtrs.... how u gonna respond to that....

o wait... you can't !
that's a great accomplishment, but let's also look at Dallas being a no defense team. and again, you are only talking about one game. we are talking about careers. and Kobe has reached his peak with the three-peat. maybe he should leave for a year and a half and come back.
 08-15-2007, 04:33 PM         #231
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Caron Butler said:
who's that 6'2 130 lb guard guarding him?
6'2"? you sure? if that was John Starks, you might want to check your player profile again.......
 10 years ago '06        #232
SaTown's Finest 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 590 590
 Stop Showin Off said:

o wait... you can't !
The same way Dwayne Wade attempted more free throws than that same Mavs team a few years later in the finals. You're coming up with speculation, while I came up with facts. Let's see Kobe take 2 years off, come into the most hostile place to play in the league, and go off like Mike did. Oh yeah, and you still haven't answered about Mike and those Pistons teams that he played through. Kobe has never faced anything like that, which is another fact. Like I said, Mike would demoralize this league now if he was in his prime. Kobe vs. Jordan is going to be a never-ending story, but IMO it shouldn't be one anyway. Let's talk about this when Kobe is the catalyst that leads his teams to 3 or 4 more rings. Or when he wins 6 finals MVP's. Or when he wins a Defensive Player of the Year Award. Hell, get a regular season MVP first. Oh, and to answer the threadstarters question, I remember when Mike was in the zone against those Blazers in the finals. Or when he went into Boston and Larry Legend replied "That guy had to be God disguised as Michael Jordan", still probably the biggest compliment another player has given in the history of the league.
 08-15-2007, 04:49 PM         #233
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe had Shaq. Jordan had no one close to the defense altering Shaq, like Kobe did.
 08-15-2007, 04:59 PM         #234
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe will never get the individual awards MJ got it doesn't take a idiot to notice that. Like I said b4 that r*pe case fu*ked that up for him the NBA still doesn't like him like they did Jordan. 2 Years ago Kobe deserved the MVP hands down not Nash.
 10 years ago '04        #235
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,329 | Props total: 8389 8389
 Stop Showin Off said:

o wait... you can't !
any great scorer can do that
Jordan, AI, i can mention a dozen players
even though they can do it = its not to be done
kobe fans of all people should now know one player
can't do it by himself.
a "team" wins championships
jordan made his cast around him better
thats what kobe cant do
 08-15-2007, 05:55 PM         #236
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
Kobe will never get the individual awards MJ got it doesn't take a idiot to notice that. Like I said b4 that r*pe case fu*ked that up for him the NBA still doesn't like him like they did Jordan. 2 Years ago Kobe deserved the MVP hands down not Nash.

the r*pe case, to me, has nothing to do with his performance on the court. he actually had some of his best games during that distraction in his life. but there wouldn't have been as big as a market for him because of other players in the league that share his ability. the league gambled on Jordan after he hit the big shot in North Carolina. Jordan proved his worth on the court by doing what he did and there was no other player in the league like him. there's other players in the league like Kobe. i.e. McGrady

and 2 years ago, Nash didn't have Stoudemire and they still went far and put L.A. out of the playoffs. so I don't think Kobe should have gotten the MVP, especially since his team was 34-48.
 10 years ago '04        #237
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,018 | Props total: 2910 2910
 Andre3000 said:
2 Years ago Kobe deserved the MVP hands down not Nash.
gotta lead your team to more than 45 wins to be seriously considered for league mvp....
 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM         #238
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
gotta lead your team to more than 45 wins to be seriously considered for league mvp....
so if ur basing the amount of wins on a MVP ur basically implying that Jordans 1987-88 MVP was the least worthy MVP getter of alltime I mean there were teams in the NBA that had obviously better records than him why give it to him. He had the 4/5 best record in the Eastern COnference at the time it obviously wasn't the best. The main reason he won it was cuz of his performance.
 10 years ago '04        #239
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,018 | Props total: 2910 2910
 Andre3000 said:
so if ur basing the amount of wins on a MVP ur basically implying that Jordans 1987-88 MVP was the least worthy MVP getter of alltime I mean there were teams in the NBA that had obviously better records than him why give it to him. He had the 4/5 best record in the Eastern COnference at the time it obviously wasn't the best. The main reason he won it was cuz of his performance.
the mvp always comes from a team that has a moderately successful season, and by successful i mean at least 50 wins

the bulls won 50 games that year, and jordan led the league in scoring and steals

now had the lakers been able to muster 5 more wins that year, and had they finished a little bit higher than the 6th seed, kobe woulda been a lock

Last edited by madness; 08-15-2007 at 09:48 PM..
 08-15-2007, 10:03 PM         #240
Stone Cold 3:16  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killuminatinow said:
Kobe had Shaq. Jordan had no one close to the defense altering Shaq, like Kobe did.
um... how abuut the greatest perimeter defender in history? Pippen?

killuminatinow said:
did you check the rosters of the Bulls during those years? they didn't have anything, but maybe three or four good players. everyone else played their role.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy