How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
194 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
115 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
106 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #181
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12553 12553
 str8_akademiks said:
I wouldnt say his shot selection is terrible. But the weakness in his game is that he doesn't know when to stop when he goes on cold streaks.
He's under a lot of pressure in LA because of the lack of quality players around him, even if he goes on cold streaks, he has no choice but to try to get himself out of it to keep the Lakers in the game. He also relies on his jumpshot too much. If it doesnt go, he's not willing to get his inside game working.

If he keeps going at this pace, he's going to burn out, and its a damn shame that the Lakers have such an inept front office.
Couldnt have said it better myself. But wouldn't that go into shot selection too?
 08-14-2007, 10:26 AM         #182
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said:
you said a lot of dumb sh*t in this post

arenas playing in the GOLDEN ERA??

man hard fouls and hand checks were the norm...this was before all these girlie a.ss rules they got now

arenas would have NEVER MADE A ALLSTAR GAME IN THE 80'S

look at all the great guards from that era and tell me that arenas is better then one of em??
Arenas would probably be like a undersized, bulky Reggie Miller with a worser shot selection Coming from some1 whos a big fan of his. Hed make some allstar games tho IMO. But when hes on fire tho I dont think many could really stop him and thats just My Opinion. Hed have more higher scoring games tho.

Last edited by Andre3000; 08-14-2007 at 10:28 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #183
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
lmao joe dumars would have shut somebody like arenas down

and as far as physical talent i dont think kobe is more talented than MJ, but he is probably matching him in his prime at the moment, but once kobe gets older and cant really run all over, people will start to notice how much of a gap it really is between the greatest 2 guard ever and the second best 2 guard ever

nobody is saying kobe sucks but when you have all the tools and refuse to use them JUST for the sake of copying another n*gga it gets to be frustrating, and kobe does NOT have a bad team, or else they wouldnt have even made it to a playoff game period, now i know he did A LOT of work but chris paul and the hornets aint even make the playoffs and they arent a bad team

so people need to stop saying the lakers suck, they dont...kobe is just NOT a leader, what gives jordan farmar any less potential than steve kerr or paxon? people act like these guys just got "good" overnight, it took confidence and jordan believing that they could hit those shots for them to actually accell to that level of play

bj armstrong, kerr, paxon and any other formidable role player on the bulls all started out the same way the lakers role players started out...raw, but good coaching, good leadership and determination can make for a beautiful sight, but dont act like MJ was playing with the monstars, he raised everybodies level of play...none of those players had ANY success after they left the bulls so i wanna know why everybody thinks mike had a whole team of all stars on his hands, the ones that became good to great got that way by just playing with mike and under phill

kobes players actually play worse with him on the court, other than not being a great defender aint that much difference between odem and pippen cept odem is taller and a little slower so why cant he get it done? he's too busy differing to kobe

kobes guys arent scared to lose because they know when the game is over kobe goes back into his little shell and doesnt speak to them til game day...you lose a game for jordan and he will sh*t down your neck in front of the whole team, kobe only cares about HIM winning, not his whole team and he's just not doing enough to make sure that happens

luke walton is just about as good all around and potentially better than most role players on the bulls, he hustles but when it's time to get serious...you see him and the rest of the laker idiots sit around and wait for kobe to do something, they just watch...they are in awe just like we are of this amazing basketball talent so they pass him the ball back when it's their time to show that they deserve to be a part of "show time"

they are far too busy watching him play and playing with him because he's so impersonal...the leadership just isnt there

kwames numbers are bad but i've seen him have some great games especially in the playoffs when they needed him to step up...he could STILL develope into a formidable PF, he just needs some kind of DRIVE, he's not driven to do anything, i see this a**hole play great defense in the post, but at the last second he gives up on the play and misses the board when he's already done most of the hard work

kobe might actually have a team with more RAW talent, but they are just too stupid and dont have a good enough leader to do anything with it...kobe should leave the lakers and let that young talent develop without getting distracted by his great individual play

Last edited by sunzoo; 08-14-2007 at 11:41 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #184
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
kobe cant stop when he gets cold, stop and defer to who(________)...triangle offense is sh*t for lamar odom...the way the NBA is now...if jordan played he'd take the term D-Whistle to a whole new level....
 10 years ago '05        #185
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,683 | Props total: 507 507
dumb thread
 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM         #186
Bdempsey8907  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ya'll f*gs said:
watched him since 87 huh?

and you gotta 2380 on your sat?

muthafu*ker you weren't even BORN in 87 seeing as they changed the scoring in 2006, making you a high schooler either now, or last year. :finger:
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 08-14-2007, 04:44 PM         #187
BaltimoreOriole  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:thumbsdown:
 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM         #188
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lil Jay 05 said:
dumb thread

exactly. even Collins and Jackson knew what Jordan could do and found players like Hodges, Bucheler, Armstong, Paxson, Kerr, Hansen, etc. to hit the open shot. and what made this thread even more dumb was the references of if "this" player or "that" player played back then talk.
 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM         #189
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killuminatinow said:
exactly. even Collins and Jackson knew what Jordan could do and found players like Hodges, Bucheler, Armstong, Paxson, Kerr, Hansen, etc. to hit the open shot. and what made this thread even more dumb was the references of if "this" player or "that" player played back then talk.
 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM         #190
dmoss  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KOBE STANS STOP IT PLEASE.
Making your case on who shoots deeper shots rather then the players whole game is stupid and weak. Its basically a reason to say he's better, well he's not as of right now. Then saying that players were shorter then now is stupid too. The players back then like someone has stating were allowed alot more contact then with the divas of the game now.

Do yourself favor Kobe stans, see if you can find the 1988 Classic magazine. I will list for you some of the players that year which had MJ on the cover.
Dominique wilkens
Larry Bird
Magic
Isiah
James Worthy
Alex English
Barkley
Benard King
Th dream
Kareem
Karl Malone
Clyde
Dr. J
Mosse Malone
Patrick Ewing
Kevin Mchale
Im gon stop there but yall get my point back in the mid and late 80's after bird and magic came in was the best basket in the history of nba. Do you really think the present nba players can f*ck with these dudes. They cant ever beat great britain (joke) during the olympics.
 08-14-2007, 07:07 PM         #191
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dmoss said:
KOBE STANS STOP IT PLEASE.
Making your case on who shoots deeper shots rather then the players whole game is stupid and weak. Its basically a reason to say he's better, well he's not as of right now. Then saying that players were shorter then now is stupid too. The players back then like someone has stating were allowed alot more contact then with the divas of the game now.

Do yourself favor Kobe stans, see if you can find the 1988 Classic magazine. I will list for you some of the players that year which had MJ on the cover.
Dominique wilkens
Larry Bird
Magic
Isiah
James Worthy
Alex English
Barkley
Benard King
Th dream
Kareem
Karl Malone
Clyde
Dr. J
Mosse Malone
Patrick Ewing
Kevin Mchale
Im gon stop there but yall get my point back in the mid and late 80's after bird and magic came in was the best basket in the history of nba. Do you really think the present nba players can f*ck with these dudes. They cant ever beat great britain (joke) during the olympics.
yea, they could take them

and at you thinking larry bird covering anyone was serious competition what a joke... you're not even worth debating
 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM         #192
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WSH Redskins said:

pay attention to the emoticons in my quote, when looking at what you posted.
 08-14-2007, 07:10 PM         #193
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at a older age, he still averaged 20 a game, in two seasons, against these players. if he was in his prime, he would demolish this league. his mentality towards the game can't be matched and it showed.
 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM         #194
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WSH Redskins said:
yea, they could take them

and at you thinking larry bird covering anyone was serious competition what a joke... you're not even worth debating
reading comprehension is key. he didnt say that
 08-14-2007, 07:14 PM         #195
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
reading comprehension is key. he didnt say that
Doesn't matter.

Kobe > MJ

The man who coached them through their greatest moments said that...

Phil's opinion > your life
 08-14-2007, 07:29 PM         #196
killuminatinow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Phil said it so it's true.

take Shaq out of the equation and what do you have? oh wait, that's right, barely making the playoffs. if Kobe gets another ring, your comments might be considered. but until then, you all will just celebrate high scoring games and dunks.
 08-14-2007, 07:30 PM         #197
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killuminatinow said:
Phil said it so it's true.

take Shaq out of the equation and what do you have? oh wait, that's right, barely making the playoffs. if Kobe gets another ring, your comments might be considered. but until then, you all will just celebrate high scoring games and dunks.
are you kidding me?

had kwame kept his a.ss on the floor and not jumped in game 6 of last year's playoffs, the lakers would have went to the second round and faced the clippers.. a team they would have easily contended with... then would have been the mavs.... now that's a team Kobe always tortures... you never know, they coulda been in the finals that year...
 10 years ago '04        #198
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 WSH Redskins said:
Doesn't matter.

Kobe > MJ
I disagree.

Although theres no question that Kobe HAS a chance to match Jordan, I don't think you can really argue against his accomplishments.

But they are undoubtedly the #1 and #2 SG's of all time.
 08-14-2007, 07:31 PM         #199
WSH Redskins  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
I disagree.

Although theres no question that Kobe HAS a chance to match Jordan, I don't think you can really argue against his accomplishments.

But they are undoubtedly the #1 and #2 SG's of all time.
we're not talking accomplishments, we're talking better player overall...
 10 years ago '04        #200
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 WSH Redskins said:
are you kidding me?

had kwame kept his a.ss on the floor and not jumped in game 6 of last year's playoffs, the lakers would have went to the second round and faced the clippers.. a team they would have easily contended with... then would have been the mavs.... now that's a team Kobe always tortures... you never know, they coulda been in the finals that year...
*sheds a tear*

What could have been :( ..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
164 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
214 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
308 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Brooklyn Nets Jahlil Okafor Said Hes Ready to Dominate the NBA
59 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago