How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
117 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
68 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
292 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM         #1
6840 pageviews
282 comments

Stop Showin Off 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?

This is a serous question... I watched MJ starting from 87 season...

he was unstoppable when he was in the zone... no one could stop his slashing to hte basket and occasional fade away

but i ask you, how often did he get hot from the perimeter? how often was he getting his points from long range (three point line)? Not very often...

He got the bulk of his points when he was "hot" or "in the zone" from dunks, lay ups, under the rim bank shots, etc...

he rarely had one of those games when he was hitting from EVERYWHERE on the court

282 comments for "How Often Did Michael Jordan Get "Hot/In the Zone" from the Perimeter?"

10 years ago '06        #2
datdude41 
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 1 1
what is the point of this? who cares if he was hitting from inside the entire arena, he is still the GOAT.
 10 years ago '04        #3
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Mj was never known for his range.
He had a great midrange shot, but he was very versatile. He didnt always depend on his shooting and was much more efficient than some players who just stand along the perimeter and shoot all game for 40% fg.
 08-11-2007, 11:09 PM         #4
Stop Showin Off  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
Mj was never known for his range.
He had a great midrange shot, but he was very versatile. He didnt always depend on his shooting and was much more efficient than some players who just stand along the perimeter and shoot all game for 40% fg.
Yea and on nights when he was dropping 45, 50, it wasnt because of his midrange game
 10 years ago '05        #5
Ghetty Green 
space
space
$99 | Props total: 0 0
u kno u jus contradicted yo first statement right?
 08-11-2007, 11:22 PM         #6
Stop Showin Off  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghetty Green said:
u kno u jus contradicted yo first statement right?
 08-11-2007, 11:22 PM         #7
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stop Showin Off said:
Yea and on nights when he was dropping 45, 50, it wasnt because of his midrange game
he was hitting a hell of a lot of freethrows when he was in the zone too. i remember back in 88 i was watching him go off and his defender were playing 5 feet off of him like bowen was doing lebron in the finals when he was makin a mockery of bron. watch a lot of those games jordan was scoring not off of skill but athleticism. like you said off of dunk and in close play. thats how he developed a mean post game because of his size over the smaller defender. he was posting up danny ainge at will even bird said it. ''it was laughable when they sent white boys to guard me because i thought it was disrespectful and im white''. a bulk of what jordan manhandled was non athletic white guys with FLOWING BLONDE LOCKS but seriously if arenas had played back then with his speed and range he wouldve hit 90 in a game and 70 any night he chose. and not to mention the double teams back then were pathetic. they would double u by holding their hands in the air! instead of trying to steal or tie u up. but mike was smart and effiecient. he knew he wasnt gonna shoot over double teams and tear it up from the perimeter so he does what wade does slash and try and draw contact. and when jordan developed a perimeter game in the 90s. it was because he didnt recieve the double and he had time to develope. they had to worry about his team and not him. they couldnt afford to double. and one of the other people who supposedly gave mike trouble was john starks man i love starks but like steve kerr said thats another example off 90% of the players who played back then not being able to even have a roster spot in todays game.
 08-11-2007, 11:25 PM         #8
Stop Showin Off  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj mannie fresh said:
he was hitting a hell of a lot of freethrows when he was in the zone too. i remember back in 88 i was watching him go off and his defender were playing 5 feet off of him like bowen was doing lebron in the finals when he was makin a mockery of bron. watch a lot of those games jordan was scoring not off of skill but athleticism. like you said off of dunk and in close play. thats how he developed a mean post game because of his size over the smaller defender. he was posting up danny ainge at will even bird said it. ''it was laughable when they sent white boys to guard me because i thought it was disrespectful and im white''. a bulk of what jordan manhandled was non athletic white guys with FLOWING BLONDE LOCKS but seriously if arenas had played back then with his speed and range he wouldve hit 90 in a game and 70 any night he chose. and not to mention the double teams back then were pathetic. they would double u by holding their hands in the air! instead of trying to steal or tie u up. but mike was smart and effiecient. he knew he wasnt gonna shoot over double teams and tear it up from the perimeter so he does what wade does slash and try and draw contact. and when jordan developed a perimeter game in the 90s. it was because he didnt recieve the double and he had time to develope. they had to worry about his team and not him. they couldnt afford to double. and one of the other people who supposedly gave mike trouble was john starks man i love starks but like steve kerr said thats another example off 90% of the players who played back then not being able to even have a roster spot in todays game.
finally someone understands

i mean, ricky davis would have been destroying the players then...
Even the soft player that Paul Pierce is, he would have made a mockery of those defenders

feel me?
 08-11-2007, 11:32 PM         #9
Reggie Bush  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man... MJ wasn't all that from the range aspect but he had that k!ller inside game ya dig?
 10 years ago '04        #10
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Reggie Bush said:
Man... MJ wasn't all that from the range aspect but he had that k!ller inside game ya dig?
True story.

MJ would pick dudes apart all day from the post.

He had a better post game than most centers today.
 08-11-2007, 11:36 PM         #11
Reggie Bush  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

08-11-2007, 11:44 PM         #12
Caron Butler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u got a point

come to think of it... Michael never was a master at the outside shot...

he can't touch this man

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #13
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Reggie Bush said:

[pic - click to view]

Caption: What the fu*k is this wack n*gga doing disrespecting my number?
 10 years ago '07        #14
Chevyman 
space
space
space
$573 | Props total: 0 0
the best of all time dont hate just shut it up
 08-12-2007, 12:00 AM         #15
Reggie Bush  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
Caption: What the fu*k is this wack n*gga doing disrespecting my number?
 08-12-2007, 12:03 AM         #16
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stop Showin Off said:
finally someone understands

i mean, ricky davis would have been destroying the players then... Even the soft player that Paul Pierce is, he would have made a mockery of those defenders

feel me?
christ take the fu*kin words right outta my mouth!! me and my brother said the exact and i mean exact same sh*t less than two weeks ago while playing 2k. and ricky is a defender so he wouldve got his steals and more shots than the average two guard. when ricky gets hot that n*gga is bannas i love rick. and if he was still in clevland i would watch cav games. but pierce is a purer shooter than ricky so pierce wouldve shot like 70 percent from the field man. go to nba.com this n*gga barkley shot like 66% from the field one year in the 80s what kind of defense is that? he said hisself his shot wasnt were he wanted it to be until 92 and that he wasnt a reliable shooter. this coming from a n*gga who shot 66%? gtfoh! he just told on the league back then
 10 years ago '04        #17
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 dj mannie fresh said:
christ take the fu*kin words right outta my mouth!! me and my brother said the exact and i mean exact same sh*t less than two weeks ago while playing 2k. and ricky is a defender so he wouldve got his steals and more shots than the average two guard. when ricky gets hot that n*gga is bannas i love rick. and if he was still in clevland i would watch cav games. but pierce is a purer shooter than ricky so pierce wouldve shot like 70 percent from the field man. go to nba.com this n*gga barkley shot like 66% from the field one year in the 80s what kind of defense is that? he said hisself his shot wasnt were he wanted it to be until 92 and that he wasnt a reliable shooter. this coming from a n*gga who shot 66%? gtfoh! he just told on the league back then
dawg u reachin lol
 08-12-2007, 12:12 AM         #18
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
dawg u reachin lol
thats what kobe d*ckriders do. its sad.
 10 years ago '04        #19
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$1,962 | Props total: 353 353
why shoot 3 pointer all day when you know that u can dominate from every other spot on the court. that is the problem with these young players today they will run to 3 line or step back to take the 3 when they could've shoot a mid range jumper. but have you notice not too many players today can shoot an consistant mid-range pull up jumper besides kobe, wade or rip hamilton. then you have these people who can shoot the 3 pointer but can't make a simple free throw(bruce bowen). also, back in the 80's and early 90's it was hard to get to the rim without gettin knocked the f*ck out. unlike today where they play p*ssy ball.

Last edited by bigtrevdogg; 08-12-2007 at 12:15 AM..
 08-12-2007, 12:13 AM         #20
dj mannie fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
dawg u reachin lol
ricky just plays when he wants to i one seen ricky ball. they kicked him off the and 1 tour because he dropped 74 and they said he was playing ''real basketball'' and the fans dont pay to see that no bullsh*t. so i know what he couldve done in the 80s ive seen him dropp over 70 literally and and 1 is about on par with the 80s defense
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
214 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
164 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
308 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago