Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
77 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #541
WarLawk 1 heat pts
space
space
$830 | Props total: 194 194
this is how i see it.

my itouch consists of classics. classics as in dmx's first 2 albums, lox old albums, stillmatic, even GRODT.... i will NEVER get tired of the albums i mentioned, and a couple more.. but hurricane chris and wayne s**t is coo, but gets old..

rappers these days are JUST RAPPERS, they got the same format as eachother and theres nothing new agmost them.

when Nas had dropped Illmatic, there was no format. well there was, but n*ggas had stories to tell. real n*ggas. it was a different decade, different generation. this generation is about swag, gay s**t like that.

while back in the day, it was n*ggas rockin timbs with a story to tell..... now its a n*gga rockin skinny jeans wanting to make some cheese.

feel me?
 8 years ago '06        #542
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
ive come to the realization that alot of the most recent rappers are nowhere near as popular as we think they are. Its the labels pulling strings and clever marketing that gives these new guys the appearance that they have a white-hot buzz, but the sales do not even remotely reflect what the labels want us to believe. its really all smoke and mirrors. the same big-name rappers from 5 years ago are still the gold standard in hip hop, but labels have finally found away to distract newer fans from this reality by throwing some flavor of the month pop act in your face while marketing him as the 2nd coming of christ,despite not having an 8th of the talent of their seasoned contemporaries. labels know they cant duplicate a Pac, Jay, 50, Nas, em or Luda. so they cause as much noise to divert the attention away from rappers of that lineage and focus on weaker acts that are practically disposable, and interchangable. Why because its easier to manufacture something in your desired image that doesnt have a strong foundation or sense of identity. Thus why we have a dozen Souljah Boy and T-pain knock-offs seemingly coming off an figurative a.ssembly line.

And the women and youngs teens are gonna eat this whole facade up and believe all the nonexistent hype all while showing a great deal of negligence for the generation that laid the groundwork, well most women dont care about substance in a song, unless they are one of those open-mic poetry night, eccentric types (about 5 %)

as for why there havent been any artists with the shining charisma and superstar prescence
of a michael jackson pac, or 50......shyt like that takes time because thats some special shyt when an artist comes along whose prodigal in his own way and transcends the artform and becomes the benchmark for all his contemporaries. just appreciate it the next time it happens
good post
 07-04-2009, 06:50 AM         #543
KRiSH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA REAL SHAKOBE said:
YaLL n*ggaS JUST HAVE BAD TASTE IN MUSIC

AINT NOBODY TRYIN TO HEAR THAT 1989 BULLs**t YALL TRYNA HEAR CORNY a.ss n*ggaS
rap is crap............its actualy true. its s**t.
 8 years ago '07        #544
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
Rap in the 80's was like rock in the 60's
Rap in the 90's was like rock in the 70's
Rap in the 2k is like rock in the 80's

think about it
 07-04-2009, 08:34 AM         #545
brayan99  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another butthurt bx member sad cuz hip hop is dead...

No it isn't....you just gotta look harder for the good music.
 8 years ago '04        #546
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,956 | Props total: 708 708
For real, I believe hip-hop suffered at the hands of the fans... I'll explain why...

1. We stopped supporting the music. The internet had a hand in it, but the fans are the ones who took advantage. We don't buy music anymore, then wonder why our favorite artists can't drop music consistently, or why they have to switch up their music in order to gain poplularity/move units. If we actually cared about "the game", we would support the product, because naturally, a business will die if it's not making profit, period.

2. Our expectations are getting outrageous. We don't buy the music, then have the nerve to cry about every little thing the artists do. We can't take music for what it is anymore, we have to over analyze it, and most of the time, limit the artists growth, by not expecting/accepting change/progress. We wanted Nas to rap like the kid on Illmatic for his entire career. We want Jay-z to go back to the person he was at 28, talking about what could be and not what actually is (in his life). It's like we root for our favorite artists to succeed, then get upset when they do, and refuse to accept it when they grow as artists and individuals.

We also REFUSE to accept New Artists and Sounds. We want everything to sound the same as it did when we became fans of the music. If you're not EXTRA lyrical, or if you don't talk that "Street" talk, then we don't want to hear it. Don't dare be a kid and rap from a kids perspective, it's not acceptable. We want you to "keep it real", but not really. Let the music be everything that it can. Hip-hop is music's own flesh and blood, not a step-child.

And we must treat it like a child, and let it grow. It's graduating now, and it's time for it to go off into the real world and be what it was meant to be. Be proud :)
 07-14-2009, 05:53 PM         #547
559bulldogs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here we go again...
 8 years ago '05        #548
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,197 | Props total: 11805 11805
n*gga shut the fuk up
 03-20-2010, 09:03 PM         #549
LOOP 407  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I digg it.. Props
 03-20-2010, 09:08 PM         #550
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think it's dead for real, or like ive heard before, it's like a zombie. People want to keep it alive so bad that they ignore that most of it is bulls**t.

On the flipside, i dont know what could bring it back, i think maybe i have outgrown it, which is sad because i feel hiphop has more to offer than the stuff flooding the airwaves now. But I can't say exactly who or what, if anything will bring it back,

im pretty sure there's some kid in the 4th grade that has the perfect plan to fix all this s**t, but will i care? im pretty sure i wont.

f**k it. ill say it. im beyond hiphop. figure it out.
 04-08-2010, 04:04 PM         #551
quichawna_b  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i used to think that you could keep the spirit of hip hop alive in yourself by only letting yourself be influenced by what's real in hip hop. However, i've realized that it's impossible to do that, not when all that's corruptive in hiphop is overshadowing the true culture. sorry, but i'm just not buying young money over common and nas. and i'm not going to ignore it either. ice t warned us that this was going to happen. i hated soulja boy too.
 04-08-2010, 04:05 PM         #552
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do do do, Do Do Do, Do, Do Do, Doo Doo Doo
 8 years ago '09        #553
domert 
space
space
space
$314 | Props total: 254 254
Feelin ya, but I won't give up on hip-hop...
It's changing..
U can't do records like 10 years ago. The beats, the flow, the lyrics .. all is changing.
In a new way..
But today there are still good artists that deliver well like Raekwon, common, talib kweli etc..
But there are the "commercial" artists too.
Stick 2 yo favorites n everything's cool... or just let hip hop down.. it's your choice ;)
 8 years ago '10        #554
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 quichawna_b said:
i used to think that you could keep the spirit of hip hop alive in yourself by only letting yourself be influenced by what's real in hip hop. However, i've realized that it's impossible to do that, not when all that's corruptive in hiphop is overshadowing the true culture. sorry, but i'm just not buying young money over common and nas. and i'm not going to ignore it either. ice t warned us that this was going to happen. i hated soulja boy too.

Don't need to apologise for not buying it, if anything it should be the people who buy that bulls**t that should be apologising for supporting that garbage.
 8 years ago '05        #555
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '09        #556
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,519 | Props total: 5708 5708
How is Hip Hop Dead When guys like:

Blu
Kanye
Lupe
B.o.B
Common
J.Cole
Wale
Jay Electronica
Curren$y
Drake

Nas even said that hip hop is not dead
 8 years ago '06        #557
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #558
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
its new era if don't like it its because you are older not in age but in music
 04-22-2010, 08:08 PM         #559
coolb07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think hip hop is dead but i think rap is. hip hop is the lifestyle and culture. now a days every n*gga wit a computer tryin to rap about some bulls**t they aint livin. bootleggin has f**ked the record companies buti think an artist can do well if he doin shows. which brings me to my point , hip hop started underground from nothing, so i think its just goin down to an underground level where it will continue to evolve. just my 2 centz
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy