Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-03-2009, 08:13 PM         #521
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ra1n said:
The club songs are ok.
let them do it.
let them make their money.
thats why I'm okay with soulja, wayne, hurricane, etc
cause theyre just putting out their material
and people are eating it up..its not their fault
they know how to make $$$
the demand is there...

but

nowadays the radio is DOMINATED with club songs mainly cause of stupid shallow fan GIRLS.
females love that s**t. they love to dance. and they love to sing
BESTTTTTTTTTTTT I EVAAAAAAAAA HAD or BIRTHDAY s3xXXXXXXX in the car.

they like whatever is in. just look at myspace. s**t is infested with sheep.

they don't like the dark, deep,real artistic s**t that involves real skill
like B.i.g. - suicidal thoughts
Tupac - Me against the world
Eminem - rock bottom
Nas - one Mic
Jay-z - Can I live
+ underground s**t like Jedi Mind Tricks/Immortal Tech
etc etc

they dont wanna hear that s**t, they don't like to think when listening to songs.
they want simple s**t. they just wanna f**king dance and be happy...
thats why they listen to wayne and black eyed peas...

just my theory...
You're right, even girls going to school to earn a college degree like this bulls**t
 8 years ago '06        #522
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 renagade281 said:
well dont f**kin listen to it then

no one asked u to listen to hip hop

although i agree 100% with what u are saying

okay tough guy.
 8 years ago '06        #523
space
space
The problem is. . . back in the day. . . n*ggaZ HAD GREAT CLUB RECORDS & GREAT ALBUMS. . . nowadays n*ggaz just have club records AND s**tTY ALBUMS. . . it's not the same.
 8 years ago '05        #524
Schavez98 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,353 | Props total: 1264 1264
 ghengis said:
this thread should be stickied. pretty much how i feel. i blame it all on Master P and No Limit Records but the explanation for that theory would take forever for me to type lol.

by the way, how hyped were u when u first heard The Infamous, or Cuban Linx, or Southernplayalistic, or The Chronic?
I feel you on the realease an album every two weeks with the same style music on all of them just to get the dollars. All the beats with the same old high hats. Features on most the album, the "I'm a boss getting paid," image that the label had. I get it.

@threadstarter: I made a thread about this a few years ago, but I believe it was on Allhiphop. The responses were pretty much you have to look down different avenues. The radio obviously ain't going to do it for you. Even the forums are over-saturated now. You got to work harder to pick them s**ts apart. I have to admit though. I find it hard to find something I like and really enjoy it for an extended period of time. It's all like "yeah that's ok!" For like 5 minutes and then on to the next record. Frustrating.
 8 years ago '07        #525
makaveli_420 
space
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 855 855
I feel blessed to have all those classic albums from the 90s because they dont make stuff like that anymore which makes them all that more valuable to me....sorta like a classic car.....Yeah, that analogy will work......Those types of albums thats like christmas morning everytime you pop them in the CD player. The albums that you've memorized every word and how the beats switch up. Where you were when you bought the album, when you first listened to it.....the feeling is priceless....Those albums come few and far in between nowadays......

But you can't say everything is garbage...I can list Q-Tip's last album, Mos Def, Tanya Morgan, Lupe Fiasco's first 2, right off the top of my head right now. Those came out the last 2 years, some the last 2 months.....some great, real creative hip-hop right there.....

Last edited by makaveli_420; 07-03-2009 at 08:29 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #526
space
space
not EVERYTHING is Garbage but MOST of everything is Garbage. . . which is saying a lot. lol Besides a few underground artist and Hov. . . who do we have to look forward to? Hurricane Chris? Boosie? Gucci Mane? Plies? lol Birdman?. . . the list of GAHBAGE goes around the block. These fools could give a flying s**t about hip hop or rap. . . n*ggaz like DMX, before they got on crack gave you something to look forward to hearing. . . not these fools. . . and they wonder why their albums flop bigger than a fukkin Whopper Jr. with cheese.
 8 years ago '07        #527
makaveli_420 
space
space
space
They flop bigger than a whopper jr with cheese because broke muthaf**kas like you cant afford to be buying this over-saturated garbage weekly....
 8 years ago '06        #528
champ 
space
space
$848 | Props total: 19 19
 Get it Right said:

I dont understand how cats can hate on Joe Budden. Nobody else tells it like this...Strictly real talk...
 07-03-2009, 08:31 PM         #529
kmj2318  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, but there is good s**t underground but it's such a pain to look for it, it's like how my supposed to find out about these guys that are underground, most of the underground cats i know i found by chance, and thats sad cuz it makes it obvious that theres a lot more awesome guys but how would we know...:sad5:
 8 years ago '07        #530
makaveli_420 
space
space
space
^myspace?
 07-03-2009, 08:41 PM         #531
DA REAL SHAKOBE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YaLL n*ggaS JUST HAVE BAD TASTE IN MUSIC

AINT NOBODY TRYIN TO HEAR THAT 1989 BULLs**t YALL TRYNA HEAR CORNY a.ss n*ggaS
 07-03-2009, 08:43 PM         #532
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah OP, you got older and realized 85% of the ppl youve been listening to HAVE BEEN LYING TO YOU ON ALMOST EVERY RECORD
 07-03-2009, 08:46 PM         #533
YOUNGZERO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TRUE... I LOVE HIP-HOP and all but I'm CHEATING with that ELECTRO sh*t bumpin' in RAVES!!!
 07-03-2009, 10:16 PM         #534
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ive come to the realization that alot of the most recent rappers are nowhere near as popular as we think they are. Its the labels pulling strings and clever marketing that gives these new guys the appearance that they have a white-hot buzz, but the sales do not even remotely reflect what the labels want us to believe. its really all smoke and mirrors. the same big-name rappers from 5 years ago are still the gold standard in hip hop, but labels have finally found away to distract newer fans from this reality by throwing some flavor of the month pop act in your face while marketing him as the 2nd coming of christ,despite not having an 8th of the talent of their seasoned contemporaries. labels know they cant duplicate a Pac, Jay, 50, Nas, em or Luda. so they cause as much noise to divert the attention away from rappers of that lineage and focus on weaker acts that are practically disposable, and interchangable. Why because its easier to manufacture something in your desired image that doesnt have a strong foundation or sense of identity. Thus why we have a dozen Souljah Boy and T-pain knock-offs seemingly coming off an figurative a.ssembly line.

And the women and youngs teens are gonna eat this whole facade up and believe all the nonexistent hype all while showing a great deal of negligence for the generation that laid the groundwork, well most women dont care about substance in a song, unless they are one of those open-mic poetry night, eccentric types (about 5 %)

as for why there havent been any artists with the shining charisma and superstar prescence
of a michael jackson pac, or 50......shyt like that takes time because thats some special shyt when an artist comes along whose prodigal in his own way and transcends the artform and becomes the benchmark for all his contemporaries. just appreciate it the next time it happens
 8 years ago '07        #535
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,321 | Props total: 1109 1109
 pa_general said:
The problem is. . . back in the day. . . n*ggaZ HAD GREAT CLUB RECORDS & GREAT ALBUMS. . . nowadays n*ggaz just have s**tTY ALBUMS. . . it's not the same.
Fixed that for u homey
 07-03-2009, 10:49 PM         #536
A.O.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pa_general said:
Man I remember 93 - 01 . . . beautiful years in rap/hip hop. You actually had to have some sort of SKILL to be considered great. . . n*ggaz took their time on albums. . . production was fire. . . albums were selling. . .

This s**t just ain't what it used to be. . . now we have a fukkin bushel of ringtone "1, 2, 3 Simple Simon Says" a.ss n*ggaz who could give a f**k about the art form or anything else. . . and if you complain about it you're "hating". Trash a.ss n*ggaz like Plies, Wayne and even Soulja Boy.

Now, I'm not mad at any of these young brothers for making money. . . It's good to see anybody over coming a negative situation to get paid. . . but I'm sorry there's no excuse for this trash a.ss rap now a days.

I really fear that within 15 years the art form of rap will be no more or close to dead if it isn't already.

I really don't get the same feeling I got when LOX dropped an album, or DMX had his latest single playing on the radio. You could tell them n*ggaz took their time with their s**t!!!

s**t man, I know I can't be the only one feeling this way! And a n*gga is far from old Im in my mid 20's!!!

It's a sad day in rap when a Glad Trash Bag n*gga like Gucci Mane is one of the most anticipated artist!!! lol wtf is going on?!!!

And don't hit me with that Hip - Hop is evolving bulls**t either!!! lol This s**t is dying and n*ggaz know it!!!
1.. I agree with you 300%
2.. I think you meant from 92 to right around 98, everything after 98 some good things came out, but not as consistent as from 92-98
3.. I think its good rap is dieing out, since me and you are in the same age group, i will say this. I dont know if all you listen to was rap back then cause thats all i listened too, but hip hop being so wack now kind of elevated my game with the females, because now i mostly listen to old 90's rap, or some R & B, and when chicks get in my car and dig through my ipod and they be like "oh s**t you got jodeci, oh s**t you got SWV's 1st joint" its like the weakness in hip hop now got me catching up on how ill R & B was.
 8 years ago '06        #537
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
I'm 21 and I be thinkin the same s**t sometime. But luckily for me..I'm also a R&B head so I have that to fall back on.
 8 years ago '06        #538
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,587 | Props total: 3668 3668
 bradleyb87 said:
Like real s**t....I get on BX to find out news...that's it really...

I've even slowed up on downloading albums these days......

s**t is sad...
Damn I do that too.
 8 years ago '06        #539
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,587 | Props total: 3668 3668
Yea welcome to the graveyard. The good days of enjoyable "OH s**t! Did you hear what da n*gga just said, Rewind Dat!" Are over....
 8 years ago '06        #540
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
 Badnewz100 said:
Yea welcome to the graveyard. The good days of enjoyable "OH s**t! Did you hear what da n*gga just said, Rewind Dat!" Are over....
Big Homie..... who is mama in ya avv?!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy