Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #461
MILLYMILL2000 
space
space
$714 | Props total: 3 3
I couldn't agree with you more.
 02-02-2009, 11:52 PM         #462
Seang34  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's what is ruining Hip Hop....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Dont need to saying anything about Soulja boy......Wayne turnin himself into a prom queen....Kanye sank himself with that crap 808s sh*t.....ricky ross bout to get leveled for being a dumb fuk to 50

While im on some sh*t......

-Dr. Dre............. release fkin Detox soon or drop the idea, don't leave us hangin
-Eminem............ please give us an album to the level of Marshall Mathers LP
-Weezy.............. Stop!
-Jay-Z................ please give us an album to the level of Blueprint 2!
-Raekwon........... please don't push back OBFCL2, please!
-DJ Khaled.......... Stop!
-Slaughterhouse... stay together and release an album!
-Young Buck........ show the Unit why you were the best with your own release
-Kid Cudi............ your fine without kanye
-Shawty Lo......... Stop!
-Zion I............... recent album somewhat of a disappointment....
-Gorilla Zoe........ keep doin your thing
-Scarface........... come back!
 9 years ago '05        #463
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 867 867
best thread in boxden history

:applause::applause::applause:

edit: i only looked at the pictures...

everything but gorilla zoe and young buck

Last edited by BurninLz; 02-03-2009 at 12:23 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #464
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 397 397
...had me until the Gorilla Zoe part...

I'll take it as confusion on your part and let it slide...
 9 years ago '04        #465
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
Give us all the 2pac original songs... remastered.. and in studio qaulity.. of the tracks he made before he passed... that would help alittle!
 9 years ago '06        #466
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
 JordanMPM said:
Give us all the 2pac original songs... remastered.. and in studio qaulity.. of the tracks he made before he passed... that would help alittle!
How about the ones he made after he passed?
 02-03-2009, 12:47 AM         #467
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ fu*k up... I 2nd that idea of remastering pac unreleased sh*t with the original beats and everything.... that would rock....

I agree with pretty much everything the threadstarter said except the kanye sh*t... Kanye's cool to me... I don't really give a sh*t how he dresses or if in fact he is gay... and I liked 808s & Heartbreak... it was better than all the other sh*t I saw on MTV anyway...
 02-03-2009, 01:00 AM         #468
tru_overdose  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
retarded shock thread

whats k!lling hip hop is a small list
1. too many artists/producers. legitimately, i know 100 people involved in music making that shouldnt be. and you do too. cut down the rappers by 75% and we all win.
2. rappers making r-n-b/club/slow/female directed tracks. leave it to the r-n-bers. and features count to.
3. repetition. repeating the same sh*t over and over on a track is a constant anymore. 99% of rappers do it. "ehs ooohs ahhs" fu*king stop it. be creative.
4. lack of complete/solid albums/rushed records. it just needs to stop, major labels are pressing EVERY artist to make that next hit record, and when they do, they just have a hit record and an album full of fu*king garbage. save the heater, try and emulate the same formula on 50 more tracks, cut the trash, and release a gem. simple...but not feasible in major label recording.
5. lack of street bangers. so many artists make really good first albums, lose their hunger and make club tracks. i can go on and on about whos guilty of this. if you are a street rapper, make an album of street records.
6. smart/backpacking rappers. lupe fiasco comes to mind. looked at as a genius, but in all reality, a rapper who just doesnt make much sense. you are not a visionary if you make a track thats so "genius" that people just dont get. dumb it down, not everyone needs to be on that tip. simple is always and forever better accepted.
7. lack of passion/honesty on records. when is the last time you heard a rap song about someone who is p!ss fu*king poor and struggling to get by? poverty exists today, and i know EVERY rapper out there isnt eating good. wheres the fu*king truth?

i can go on and on...but the above is the problems that are hurting (not k!lling) hip hop today. legitimately the best thing that could happen to hip hop is a recession, a downtime, a time when rapping isnt so "cool" so the true artists can shine and the fakers can be removed.
 9 years ago '04        #469
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,265 | Props total: 2837 2837
officer rickyyyyyyyyyyy
 9 years ago '05        #470
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
It sold its soul to the devil... sh*t is a fu*kin commodity. We going through the biggest crisis of our generation with the economy n all this BS.

Half of u clowns wonder why so many people hate all these fake a.ss homo rainbow song makin rappers n all the garbage on the radio...

n*ggas is broke, losin homes, jobs, strugglin n in full out grind mode, n we supposed to be feelin this patty cake mediocre club music?

Hip Hop was bred in the struggle, it's an art that took form through hardship, it used to strive off of originality.

How the fu*k we in the biggest crisis of our lives n music is so garbage? Nows the time more than ever for hip hop to shine n show it's true art and or produce some of its most incredible music n instead we gotta buncha comfortable vets showing they true colors complaining about how wack rap is n yet they can't make a song worth sh*t. N everyone else is just riding bandwagons.....

Flatline.....

Last edited by Universal~Mind; 02-28-2009 at 02:07 AM..
 02-28-2009, 01:05 AM         #471
Hey Ya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Psst...the punishment is coming...
 9 years ago '05        #472
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
Punishment? Anymore punishment than i already get when i listen to the radio? fu*k outa here...
 02-28-2009, 01:43 AM         #473
Hey Ya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can u believe, its actually possible for everyone to be punished off one persons actions?

I mean everyone is about to be punished for not using their heads properly..
 02-28-2009, 02:50 AM         #474
BobbyNitro808  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It all started as club/party music tho.
 02-28-2009, 03:20 AM         #475
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah its crazy
today i was listening to older stuff from liek the 90s
boy how sh*t has changed
 9 years ago '07        #476
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 Universal~Mind said:
It sold its soul to the devil... sh*t is a fu*kin commodity. We going through the biggest crisis of our generation with the economy n all this BS.

Half of u clowns wonder why so many people hate all these fake a.ss homo rainbow song makin rappers n all the garbage on the radio...

n*ggas is broke, losin homes, jobs, strugglin n in full out grind mode, n we supposed to be feelin this patty cake mediocre club music?

Hip Hop was bred in the struggle, it's an art that took form through hardship, it used to strive off of originality.

How the fu*k we in the biggest crisis of our lives n music is so garbage? Nows the time more than ever for hip hop to shine n show it's true art and or produce some of its most incredible music n instead we gotta buncha comfortable vets showing they true colors complaining about how wack rap is n yet they can't make a song worth sh*t. N everyone else is just riding bandwagons.....

Flatline.....

lol unfortunately hip hop is in a recession too.
 9 years ago '05        #477
heeznutz 
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 298 298
Hip Hop survived the early eighties which had a worse economy , they'll pull through this .
 9 years ago '04        #478
web3x 
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 104 104
Hate to say it, but...

Wish Pac was still here...
 9 years ago '04        #479
..AMARU.. 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,131 | Props total: 737 737
music these days is wack
 9 years ago '07        #480
Lamrock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 16 16
Cant say its totally wack, like GZA and q tip made solid albums last year. Radio stations have always been playing crap songs, its just up to the true hip hop fans to supports the good music.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy