Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
19 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
214 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
44 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-19-2008, 10:06 AM         #441
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
no you missed the point/ hiphop is more then music. infact music is the only thing in hiphop thats alive. no-one does any other element anymore because every1 wants to rap and make money.

hiphop fans don't listen to solja boy
you trying to take it into some ole krs one 5 elements of hiphop type sh*t but its really not that deep. call it rap then, but the fact is the same, the 14 year old girls are out buying CDs and all yall mature cats is bootleggin and k!lling the game.

i havent bought a CD cuz they aint been sh*t worth buying except for that Nas - Untitled......and i didnt even buy that.....yet.

*bumps some ole nother next world type sh*t*
 12-19-2008, 10:20 AM         #442
*Perry*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^I would Bet Alot Of Little Kids And Parents For There Little Kids Buy Those Wayne And Soulja Boy Albums i dont kno how many parents are goin out and buyin there little girl talib kweli albums kuzz she heard blast on the radio
 9 years ago '07        #443
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
Hip Hop aint never been dead to me. I got my tapes, cds, and ipod. I Choice what I want to listen to.
 12-19-2008, 10:35 AM         #444
*Perry*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the creativity and skill of hip hop is dead
 12-19-2008, 10:37 AM         #445
darealbigmeat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimyellow said:
:party0044::party0045::cool0012:
:yayo::hyper::applause::dancingcool:

:laughing9:
 12-19-2008, 10:50 AM         #446
gotocollege  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hiphop isnt dead it just moved underground
 9 years ago '04        #447
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
well lets see

is it the people like the threadstarter who support the bulsh*t....yes

is it the radio that continues to play the bullsh*t & brainwashes people...yes

is it the artists that have had great albums with 1 cross-over single, & then every album after they start to make entire albums like that crossover single...definately

is it bootlegging...yes, but keep in mind bootlegging has been around for a while, now its just a broader scale

hip-hop is dead... rap is alive & well....but its kinda like that bi*ch a.ss kid in a party that u dont like, u think he's a clown wit homo tendencies but u try to ignore him cuz u dont wanna seem like a hater
 12-19-2008, 11:12 AM         #448
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
you're an idiot. comparing solja boy to Lupe is like comparing Hannah Montana to Collin Ferrel. Hannah sells more but it's only because 14 years olds eat her sh*t up.

hiphop is dead because fans like you are fu*kin idiots:greetings10:
thread shoulda ended right here
 9 years ago '04        #449
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 Ty-murder said:
so i hear yall always complaining about where hip hop is as of right now saying is dead and all that so my question to u is if its dead y dnt u try to do something about it like support artist that u think keep it lyrical or wat not like ppl always tlk bout lupe an how lyrical he is an all dat but look at his numbers yall are the same ppl that go and bootleg his sh*t but then on the other hand souljaboy who some of yall might say is one of the worst rappers comes out an goes platinum so then the labels see that an they try to sign acts similar to souljaboy then we get this whole hip hop is dead sh*t...if hip hop is dead yall nigas k!lled it from not supporting good artist
It's the general public that k!lled it. That and the corporate labels taking advantage of what they enjoyed. When we say hip-hop is dead, a lot of us just aren't enjoying whats out there anymore, and most of the vets we listened to can't get the music out that they want to because the labels will not back them unless they have platinum potential.

Then cats want the make that argument that if rappers made good music it would sell, but thats bullsh*t. I know its not all about lyrics, because there are some good lyricists who make whack music that I'd rather not listen to.

For the record, its not completely dead, and those of us who feel it is dying probably do support the sh*t we like. But honestly, what good is it if under 75k of us even give the record a chance. It also comes to live shows and sh*t, so its not just about the record sales.

P.S. If anybody would consider going to a Soulja Boy concert they need to

There's multiple echelon's of commercial rap obviously, ranging from Soulja Boy and all that gimmick sh*t, to popular rappers like Young Jeezy, T.I., Lil' Wayne, etc, and then your Nas', Jay-Z's, Common's (fu*k that last album), Q-Tip, etc.

And yes, in my opinion artists like The Game, Young Jeezy, T.I., Lil' Wayne, etc, are not good. That's another reason hip-hop is becoming weak, because people are listening more for the music than the actual rapping ability. I can understand that some people feel the artists, relate to what they are talking about, etc, but in terms of rapping skill they are subpar. If you think otherwise then I don't even know what to say to you, because they are average or worse compared to a lot of other borderline commercial artists.

Feel free to hate away stans.
 9 years ago '04        #450
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 HeavenlySword said:
wow you missed the point completely

this been on my mind for years, these "hiphop is dead" people are the ones k!lling it thinking they smart because "they havent bought a CD in years"
Hate to cut your quote short, but I feel like you're kind of missing the point too. It's about what's popular nowadays, and artists have finally found what they can push to the masses and stick with that formula. Obviously the masses are feeling the music, so good for them. At least in the past a lot of the popular commercial artists were actually good rappers.

My point is that those of us who say hip-hop is dead are obviously in the minority, so thats fine. Everybody has a different opinion on it, so there's really no right or wrong. But all of these hip-hop is dead coalition members probably do buy the music, but there's obviously not enough strength in numbers.

I'm not an underground head, backpacker, etc, and I honestly can't get into a lot of that sh*t because while I want to hear good lyricism, flows, rhyme schemes, multis, punchlines, storytelling, etc, it also has to be listenable and not bore the fu*k out of me. At the same time these people who buy the popular records are obviously easily bored by the artists that aren't selling, so its whatever.

And even though we're referring to the music, slimwillie is right about "hip-hop" having other places to check for. I just got put on to the battle rap scene (the street sh*t is alright with the Serius Jones', Mook's, Iron Solomon's, etc) but these freestyle cats are crazy. Cats who do Spin The Mic, the World Rap Championship two on two battles, etc are sick as fu*k. I think that anybody who likes rap could enjoy that sh*t. It's basically battling with less written sh*t, more freestyle, personal, flipping your opponents lines, and sh*t is straight comedy.

But again its all opinion and that's just mine, and I know I'm in the minority so its whatever.
 12-19-2008, 12:29 PM         #451
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kandi007 said:
actually no i think you missed the point

what he was saying was acts like soulja boy will continue to get numbers because they appeal to a younger audience then acts like lupe. people in that age range will always go out and buy the albums because thats what they do, they can spend their money on that because they have nothing else to spend it on...hence why soulja boy goes platinum and real acts like lupe dont.
record labels know this, and thats why there will always be a teeny bopper act who get way more promotion/time then a real artist does.
now when it comes to hip hop is dead, even though there are some good artist out there, hip hop is still being overrun by wackness like plies, ron brownz and lil wayne...seems like anyone can get a deal nowadays.
i hear you. but i still say the consumers should share the blame. it wasnt always like this, im not even from this era of hiphop so i know when real cats had skill they were sellin 5-6 million records and EVERYBODY was buying CDs.

I come from an era where there were no soulja boy's, the closest we got was a Skee Lo and artists like him had a hit single and they album would go triple wood so it was still all good.

Now if somewhere the game changed and rappers saw it wasnt worth it to put out quality CDs cuz nobody would by em, whose fault is that?
 9 years ago '05        #452
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,493 | Props total: 717 717
hip hop died when lil wayne became "the best rapper alive" its fu*kin pathetic how anyone could consider that sh*t rapper the best...
 9 years ago '05        #453
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2160 2160
anyone feel me?...when everyone switches to a new genre or is rock has taken over..THEN and only THEN hip-hop is dead!

so shut up NAS, and shut up NAS STANS, shut up lupe, and shut up LUPE STANS!

Last edited by Gm0ney85; 01-07-2009 at 07:18 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #454
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
ummm how about u listen to your own advice and SHUT UP!
random a.ss stupid a.ss thread
 9 years ago '04        #455
Bunz 
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
honestly, i only hear two groups of people complaining... rappers who aint hot, and the fans of rappers who aint hot.
 01-09-2009, 06:14 PM         #456
KiddKidd45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These gay a.ss ceo's is k!llin hiphop mane. signin dese wack pretty boy artists jus 2 try and make a buck. i cant even blame da rappers no mo, its da muhfu*kas dat be signin dese n*ggas and puttin all dey money on em promotin dey sh*t, fu*kin up da game
 01-09-2009, 07:04 PM         #457
KiddKidd45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These gay a.ss ceo's is k!llin hiphop mane. signin dese wack pretty boy artists jus 2 try and make a buck. i cant even blame da rappers no mo, its da muhfu*kas dat be signin dese n*ggas and puttin all dey money on em promotin dey sh*t, fu*kin up da game
 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM         #458
start X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nowadays u got a whole bunch of ignorant clowns on the smack dvds flashing their gold teeth and pistols talking sh*t. All rappers talk about is material items(which they cant even afford anyway) and fu*king “hoes” and “bi*ches”. What happened to the rakim’s, chuck d’s, krs 1’s that used to kick knowledge. sh*t is sickening, all hip hop has become is a bunch of coons dancing and who cant even speak properly. these kids look up to these rappers to. its scary when u got children that want to be piles and lil wayne
 01-26-2009, 06:56 PM         #459
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Plenty of good artists. Too many dumb fans, making the wrong artists popular.

As soon as Hip Hop stops being cool thats when real artists start to break through again.
 9 years ago '08        #460
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Thats wut I say...They make music just to get paper...So embarrasing to hip hop music...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy