Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
88 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
119 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #421
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
I m in the south also but the thing is the whole game is fu*ked up right now, we arent checking for anything new. The most anticipated joints are from cats who have been around for almost 20 years if not more besides Jay and he dropped his first 13 ago, but was doing Hawaiin Sophie years before that, Nas been on wax since 91, Face, Cube, Dre late 80's. Thing is even the "new" breed isnt new T. I., Wayne and those guys are vets also.

There is no breathe of fresh air everyone remotely close to being interesting is in the 30 and older club, the are a few below that not counting Wayne but create no real buzz. Hip Hop didnt die because of the South it died because of the lack of talent and forcing the older cats to hold on and maintain it because there is no one to take over.

This is why we have disc changers jamming 94 the best year in hip hop
Illmatic
Ready To Die
Doggystyle
The Diary
95-The Infamous
Reasonable Doubt
All Eyez On Me

We have been in a decline for a while now and its because of the monopoly. Yeah we love our favorite artist and their brand but when hip hop thrived it was nation wide crews, not just one label running it
deathrow
Bad Boy
Rocafella
Aftermath

we need more variety not just to blame one region
 10-26-2008, 06:47 PM         #422
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayyast said:
^^^^ummmm no i don't....
people act like hip hip can't be versatile...why can't there be songs for the club and songs you sit back and chill too....why cant there be lyricists and people who just make that party music...i think thats the problem people wanna pick sides...i like both...but i ain't gonna lie i was listening to music from the early 90s and man i miss that feel for music...people were actually having fun with it
I'd rather you call it something else. This sh*t is not how I want hip hop to be remembered...
 9 years ago '04        #423
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #424
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 sunn4511 said:
this should be common sense by now. southern artist are wack and please stop with all these ridiculous dance music.
not all southern artist are wack, and ya man busta's dancing now
 10-26-2008, 07:11 PM         #425
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:blahblah:
 9 years ago '04        #426
chakazulu 1 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 1 1
on the weekend i listened to dedication 3, i thought it was good mix tape. However every time i heard auto tune wanyne, i felt like skipping the track. I read the review yall posted on here so i decide to download D2 and D1.

After listening through the whole wayne dedication series, I realized that wayne got progressively worse on every tape.

So I came to the conclusion that the fans are responsible for the death of Hip-Hop.

I only make this tread because i love hip-hop music.

The fans have come to reward and accept garbage music so these rappers/ trappers are not trying to bring out quality product. If carter 3 hadn't sold more that 2 mill, maybe wayne would have stopped getting high before recording every song.

But how do y'all expect the music to get better, when a n*gga can get in the booth and spit something that sound wack as

beetle juice beetle juice and the go platinum.(2X)
don't get me wrong
I'm not hating on wayne ..............i can see his potential.

But this sh*t has to change
 9 years ago '07        #427
kandi007 
space
space
$353 | Props total: 0 0
 chakazulu said:
on the weekend i listened to dedication 3, i thought it was good mix tape. However every time i heard auto tune wanyne, i felt like skipping the track. I read the review yall posted on here so i decide to download D2 and D1.

After listening through the whole wayne dedication series, I realized that wayne got progressively worse on every tape.

So I came to the conclusion that the fans are responsible for the death of Hip-Hop.

I only make this tread because i love hip-hop music.

The fans have come to reward and accept garbage music so these rappers/ trappers are not trying to bring out quality product. If carter 3 hadn't sold more that 2 mill, maybe wayne would have stopped getting high before recording every song.

But how do y'all expect the music to get better, when a n*gga can get in the booth and spit something that sound wack as

beetle juice beetle juice and the go platinum.(2X)
don't get me wrong
I'm not hating on wayne ..............i can see his potential.

But this sh*t has to change
:agreement6:
 9 years ago '08        #428
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 1 1
Your Bro?
 12-03-2008, 05:53 AM         #429
WEREWOLF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
agree fully with dude...hes a genius
 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM         #430
Es0_puka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wouldn't say dead.. but it's not looking as good as it used to
 9 years ago '07        #431
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4418 4418
Ringtone Rap

The ringtone rap is not fading away. None of itís fading away. If you ask me, itís getting strongerÖ Nowadays,I think the way hip-hop is going, rappers donít know nothing. They so simplistic, theyíre like a jack-in-the-box. They just put an 808 behind it and then they got a song.

Hip-hop is terrible. If you not making terrible music, it ainít goní work.

Itís also the audienceís fault. A song doesnít necessarily have to have a dance a.ssociated with it to be excellent. If the lyrics are too complicated to sound good belching out of a cell phone, maybe itís a good thing. That rap is best when you have to push rewind a couple of times to catch that tricky metaphor, unpack that sharp double entendre, fully appreciate the moral scope and complexity of a particularly good verse. That a couple of well-timed dance moves and fancy production do not always a good song make. Looking out on the horizon, the landscape is bleak: New York hip-hop is a long way from the top, and it has a long way to go to get there.
 9 years ago '08        #432
shaolinchamp 1 heat pts
space
space
$260 | Props total: 74 74
"R u fu*kin stupid Eminem is aight but he ain't got nothin on wayne!!!! I bet you can take one song of weezy and they will murder all Eminem's songs!!"

heard this from a dude called shaqdub on youtube, i dont think hip hop is dead, but i think certain are k!lling it
 12-19-2008, 08:49 AM         #433
Ty-Murder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so i hear yall always complaining about where hip hop is as of right now saying is dead and all that so my question to u is if its dead y dnt u try to do something about it like support artist that u think keep it lyrical or wat not like ppl always tlk bout lupe an how lyrical he is an all dat but look at his numbers yall are the same ppl that go and bootleg his sh*t but then on the other hand souljaboy who some of yall might say is one of the worst rappers comes out an goes platinum so then the labels see that an they try to sign acts similar to souljaboy then we get this whole hip hop is dead sh*t...if hip hop is dead yall nigas k!lled it from not supporting good artist
 9 years ago '05        #434
chrismb 581 heat pts581
space
space
$19,297 | Props total: 33649 33649
why dont everyone just shut the fu*k up about hiphop being dead and listen to the god damn music?
 12-19-2008, 09:35 AM         #435
Street Baptist  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shut the fu*k up and praise the holy ghost...
 9 years ago '04        #436
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,121 | Props total: 1155 1155
 Street Baptist said:
Shut the fu*k up and praise the holy ghost...
:party0044::party0045::cool0012:
:yayo::hyper::applause::dancingcool:
 12-19-2008, 09:45 AM         #437
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
you're an idiot. comparing solja boy to Lupe is like comparing Hannah Montana to Collin Ferrel. Hannah sells more but it's only because 14 years olds eat her sh*t up.

hiphop is dead because fans like you are fu*kin idiots:greetings10:
wow you missed the point completely

hes not comparing soulja boy to lupe as artists, hes comparing the fans, and one side, just go in the store and buy the albums, while the "hiphop is dead" crowd are the ones k!lling hiphop because theyre the ones bootleggin the same artists they claim to support, and thats why the labels keep pushing acts like soulja boy.

this been on my mind for years, these "hiphop is dead" people are the ones k!lling it thinking they smart because "they havent bought a CD in years"

*bumps more evanescence*
 9 years ago '05        #438
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 468 468
Gotta agree with the thread starter
 9 years ago '04        #439
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 Ty-murder said:
so i hear yall always complaining about where hip hop is as of right now saying is dead and all that so my question to u is if its dead y dnt u try to do something about it like support artist that u think keep it lyrical or wat not like ppl always tlk bout lupe an how lyrical he is an all dat but look at his numbers yall are the same ppl that go and bootleg his sh*t but then on the other hand souljaboy who some of yall might say is one of the worst rappers comes out an goes platinum so then the labels see that an they try to sign acts similar to souljaboy then we get this whole hip hop is dead sh*t...if hip hop is dead yall nigas k!lled it from not supporting good artist
n*gga

look at ya city,sh*t look at all of central florida

look at all the n*ggas u see rapping

notice that 9 outta 10 of them suck

listen to the radio

watch bet

watch mtv

look at record sales

take a very sharp object

run it across ya neck

and die like hip hop

hip hop died waaaaaaaay before soulja boy brought his 1st pair of fake bapes...........
 9 years ago '07        #440
kandi007 
space
space
$353 | Props total: 0 0
 HeavenlySword said:
wow you missed the point completely

hes not comparing soulja boy to lupe as artists, hes comparing the fans, and one side, just go in the store and buy the albums, while the "hiphop is dead" crowd are the ones k!lling hiphop because theyre the ones bootleggin the same artists they claim to support, and thats why the labels keep pushing acts like soulja boy.

this been on my mind for years, these "hiphop is dead" people are the ones k!lling it thinking they smart because "they havent bought a CD in years"

*bumps more evanescence*
actually no i think you missed the point

what he was saying was acts like soulja boy will continue to get numbers because they appeal to a younger audience then acts like lupe. people in that age range will always go out and buy the albums because thats what they do, they can spend their money on that because they have nothing else to spend it on...hence why soulja boy goes platinum and real acts like lupe dont.
record labels know this, and thats why there will always be a teeny bopper act who get way more promotion/time then a real artist does.
now when it comes to hip hop is dead, even though there are some good artist out there, hip hop is still being overrun by wackness like plies, ron brownz and lil wayne...seems like anyone can get a deal nowadays.

Last edited by kandi007; 12-19-2008 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: i cant spell
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy