Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-25-2008, 02:18 AM         #401
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
its the record labels im telling yall, the people only can listen and take what these labels put out.

if these labels never put out a lil boosie or plies or even soulja boy, half the world wouldn't have known who these negroes were.

everybody dont hop on the internet, everybody dont know about boxden.com, allhiphop.com, hiphopdx.com

i was like the only n*gga in my school that were up on these kind of sites.

people down here be in the club and listening to that radio 24/7, and believe it or not some of these mofo's still be watching BET, and MTV Jams.

and the world is fascinated by negativity anyway, these people dont want to hear nothing positive, people like this music about selling drugs, pimpin Ho's, busting guns, or what ever plies be talking about.

it starts at the beginning, DEF JAM's and Interscopes and so so def's and Atlantic and Jive etc

but if the record companies are making money,and gaining profits from marketing the same artist/bullsh*t music...what reason would they have to stop?...so how can the responsibility of what you listen to fall on their shoulders?....they don't have a responsibility to give you balanced,dope music...their only responsibility is to making a profit.....which again leads back to the people being their own worst enemy.....if you are co-dependent on a corporation to give you good music....you will forever be disappointed....
 9 years ago '04        #402
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 HotepSuns said:
but if the record companies are making money,and gaining profits from marketing the same artist/bullsh*t music...what reason would they have to stop?...so how can the responsibility of what you listen to fall on their shoulders?....they don't have a responsibility to give you balanced,dope music...their only responsibility is to making a profit.....which again leads back to the people being their own worst enemy.....if you are co-dependent on a corporation to give you good music....you will forever be disappointed....
EXACTLY

propped...

u understand what im sayin
 09-25-2008, 02:21 AM         #403
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hear you fam....but that's why i said the internet is a music lovers best friend....people have to start realizing that this isn't 1987 anymore....it's 2008...use the technology that's here for you....you can't blame other people when the technology is here for you to use...i can't stress it enough..record companies don't owe us jack,but to market a product....whether that product is good,or bad is irrelevant....the only thing that matters is if it's moving units..whether physically,or digitally..
 09-25-2008, 02:25 AM         #404
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:

but im saying its alot of people like that, they listen to whatever is being put out, only time they choosing whats hot is the selection of rappers thats on that said radio station. you cant tell me the internet is the reason why n*ggas is fu*king with lil boosie more than NAS.

these cats round here mostly dropped out in jr high school, and im talking bout dudes in their late 20's early 30's these n*ggas hardly can work a computer lol, not the new generation
 09-25-2008, 02:27 AM         #405
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but your right in a way because theres a gang of people out here that dont know good music to save their lives
 09-25-2008, 02:41 AM         #406
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
but im saying its alot of people like that, they listen to whatever is being put out, only time they choosing whats hot is the selection of rappers thats on that said radio station. you cant tell me the internet is the reason why n*ggas is fu*king with lil boosie more than NAS.

these cats round here mostly dropped out in jr high school, and im talking bout dudes in their late 20's early 30's these n*ggas hardly can work a computer lol, not the new generation

oh i feel you sun...i'm not discounting the record companies part they play in everything....from payola to blackballing n1ggas....and boosie is big,because trill ent is a monster at marketing it's artist down south....they don't give a damn what the record labels are talking...they go out,and make it happen for themselves....they also use the net to market themselves too...i know it's still n1ggas who are "computer dumb"...i'm just saying they gonna have to eventually catch up....like when we went from tapes to c.d.'s...that was a hard transition for me...but you gotta make it happen eventually....

but lmaoo@n*ggas 30 years old not being able to work a cpu....i'm only laughing cause i know some as well...
 09-30-2008, 02:36 AM         #407
OnE3nD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love hip hop like Joe Budden likes spitting written freestyles, I love hip hop like Kanye likes to bi*ch about everything, I LOVE HIP HOP like LL Cool J still thinks hes in his prime, I LOVE HIP HOP & will love it until I go deaf or die...BUT WE NEED SOME HOOD, GANGSTER, RUGGED, NEW STORIES, murderER, LYRICAL type hip hop stars in the game.

In 05-07 it was great to have all these backpackin/conscious rappers coming in the game because garbage ATL rappers & the snap movement but damn 3 years later this concious sh*t is stale & a lot of these new backpack n*ggas are wack as fu*k.

If we could get a young Street rappin(kinda like DMX) or young flashy lyrical n*gga (like Fab) or even a young lyrically insane person (like Eminem) to come in the game everything would be alright but n*ggas are so stuck on following trends and tryna be like Lupe, Kanye & Pharrel that I think its gonna be till like 2010 when this backpacker era is over.

I'm not hating on backpackers but when every new rapper is either Soulja Boy garbage, Hell Rell trash, 40 cal street corner/mixtape rapper sh*t or another n*gga like Lupe(but lesser talented than Lupe) Hip Hop starts to get stale.

Yes I know a lot of dope albums came out this year but what 23 & younger artist dropped albums and weren't backpackers? Almost everybody in my top 10 dropped a record this year but i'm tired of those n*ggas. I've heard Nas complain about America before, I've heard Jay spit about coke & how flashy he is, I've heard Kanye & Wayne say some gay sh*t on a record before...I NEED SOME NEW (non backpackin) n*ggaS IN HIP HOP WITH DIFFERENT STORIES FROM DIFFERENT AREAS.

/End Rant

PS: I'm writing this on my Nintendo Wii internet so sorry for the spelling & imcomplete sentences/fragments/paragraphs but if anybody has anything to say share your opinions & lets talk about hip hop like civilized adults.
 10-09-2008, 09:44 PM         #408
gETuPiGetDOwn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop is dead to the new breed of "hip hop listeners" tha GARBAGE that is being put out now shouldnt evin be considered hip hop, but i think hip hop will never die, its still here its just changin forms. sooner or later it will go back to the true sh*t
 9 years ago '06        #409
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
How can hiphop be dead if wu tang is forever??
 10-22-2008, 09:09 PM         #410
Flavor Flav  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause:
 9 years ago '08        #411
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 393 393
Good point...

Dave Mays and Benzino fu*ked up...
 9 years ago '06        #412
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,430 | Props total: 788 788
How did Benzino get that job?
 9 years ago '04        #413
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,647 | Props total: 2189 2189
"...I pays for it like the mics in the source"
 9 years ago '07        #414
jayyast 
space
space
$469 | Props total: 122 122
^^^^ummmm no i don't....
people act like hip hip can't be versatile...why can't there be songs for the club and songs you sit back and chill too....why cant there be lyricists and people who just make that party music...i think thats the problem people wanna pick sides...i like both...but i ain't gonna lie i was listening to music from the early 90s and man i miss that feel for music...people were actually having fun with it
 9 years ago '07        #415
jijocp88 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,603 | Props total: 9 9
 jayyast said:
^^^^ummmm no i don't....
people act like hip hip can't be versatile...why can't there be songs for the club and songs you sit back and chill too....why cant there be lyricists and people who just make that party music...i think thats the problem people wanna pick sides...i like both...but i ain't gonna lie i was listening to music from the early 90s and man i miss that feel for music...people were actually having fun with it
real talk
 9 years ago '07        #416
ThePrince 
space
space
$138 | Props total: 0 0
Yeah Outkast, Scarface, Geto Boyz, UGK, Young Jeezy, Ludacris, T.I., Three Six Mafia, Wayne, k!ller Mike, Juvenile, B.G., Big Tymers, Eightball & MJG, Devin the Dude, Goodie Mob, Z-Ro, Trae, and Chamillionaire all hand there hand in fu*king up hip-hop.

10-26-2008, 06:31 PM         #417
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are ppl still makin these threads? no wonder i dont come in this section anymore. u dont like it, don't listen. SIMPLE.
 9 years ago '07        #418
ThePrince 
space
space
$138 | Props total: 0 0
 jayyast said:
^^^^ummmm no i don't....
I feel what you are saying but if everyone was still rapping like the 90s then the music from then might not be as special as it is today and artist and listeners might not be able to look back and say thats cool. But don't get me wrong I love that sh*t but at the same time if rap was still the same it would be kinda boring.
 9 years ago '06        #419
tdc320 
space
space
$1,488 | Props total: 707 707
I never understood how an artist, let alone a whole region can fukk up hip hip. I mean YOU have a choice in what you like or not, and if any ones to blaim why the media their the ones playin the cRAP over and over again.
 9 years ago '08        #420
macknbg 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$481 | Props total: 216 216
 jayyast said:
^^^^ummmm no i don't....
to threadstarter:

to you sir: :agreement6:

i believe in the versatility of rap. because everybody hasnt sold drugs, or have a magnificent story to tell. or maybe not evn a good story. but there are kids out there my age that have dance groups and party all of the time. and all they kno is to clown and do dum sh*t. so thats what they rap about. sorry that we all havent k!lled n*ggas and been locked up. guess thats what you need to talk about to be taken seriously as a rapper these days.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy