Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #381
Southerrn Fried 
space
space
$675 | Props total: 21 21
K i got y'all bx fam...i didnt even read anything..

turn off BET,MTV,the radio. get on the internet.go to google. type in your favorite artist(s).download/buy.repeat steps 3 through 5.

No favorites? Get on all of the fu*kin music sites/blogs/podcasts that are currently on the internet and find a style you rock with.and SUPPORT IT.

Hip hop is as dead as you make it.

But read my avatar headline.
 9 years ago '05        #382
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,003 | Props total: 1428 1428
I just realized since the "I Declare War" concert (when Nas jumped on stage with Jay-z for the first time) there have been no classic albums.

Classic Hip-Hop Died October 27th, 2005
 9 years ago '08        #383
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,939 | Props total: 7344 7344
Ur high if you cant think of any classic albums. If its dead then stop listening. Im tired of hearing these horrible a.ss theories on why its dead.
 08-16-2008, 06:16 PM         #384
Crzyazninvazn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas lost.
 9 years ago '05        #385
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
No classics in 3 years? Well how often do you think that a classic is dropped? I think that word is over used and many of you are devaluing it!!
 9 years ago '05        #386
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,003 | Props total: 1428 1428
name an album that is generally regarded as classic since that date then...
 08-29-2008, 10:42 AM         #387
Bogey_J  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i remember reading on another board something along the lines of 'i grew up with hip hop but hip hop didn't grow up with me' and I agree somewhat. Hip hop just doesn't have the same affect on me now as it did in my youth. I'm not checkin for anything now...sh*t, I can't really fu*k with anything past '01. All is that bravado is transparent to me now. Just can't connect to it. My views on music has expanded past hip hop. Nowadays I need more substance. Hip hop is pretty much irrelevant to me now.
 9 years ago '06        #388
yungmoney_85 
space
space
$898 | Props total: 13 13
honestly, budden is keeping hiphop moving to me right now.

writes from the heart and not for a buck.

but so is nas, just dropped a dope a.ss album.

Jeezys recession is
LAX is pretty dope too.

so hip-hop aint dead.
but theres definitely only about 5-6 artists that i even care about new music from.

i know the rest is gonna be a.ss
 9 years ago '05        #389
chrismb 581 heat pts581
space
space
$19,288 | Props total: 33591 33591
hiphop is dead lookin boy
 9 years ago '07        #390
eeee87 
space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 47 47
underground hip hop
 9 years ago '05        #391
champlain 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,790 | Props total: 72 72
i still listen to hip hop but i dont check for it like i used to...not really into the rumors and news like i used to be...
 08-29-2008, 10:52 AM         #392
Bogey_J  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eeee87 said:
underground hip hop
i used to live in the underground man...even that sh*t has gone downhill.
 09-10-2008, 10:53 PM         #393
~FLAV~  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What the hell has been goin on in Hip-Hop for the past couple years? Really though. I'd like to say that as much as these new rappers suck, it's the fans that suck as well. We complain about how bad music is now and how wack rappers are, yet the carbon copies keep coming because labels see what's making money.

Don't be mad at Soulja Boy, be mad at the people that support the wackness. Be mad at the labels for knowing what they are doing is wack, because they're doing this for nothing more than money. A lot of these cats take integrity and put it on their toilet paper before they wipe. They know how dumbed down we are as a community, as a generation- so they keep pumpin it out. There are so many true LYRICISTS, but they will never get shine, because they cannot be marketed. Unless they give in. But I don't see a Saigon ft. Lil Wayne T.Pain & Plies song coming anytime soon. You won't find Joell Ortiz double dutching with Lil Mama. Watch this-

Don't be mad at T-Pain. Surely he didn't invent the transformer voice, but he is pretty damn successful. Some people hate on T-Pain like he was the Devil, but the dude never switched up anything. Ya'll knew what he was gonna about within a month lol. He came into the game sounding like a fax machine, stuck with it, and now everyone is doing it. Again, a lot of people caught on to him, artists realize this so they use him, meaning T-Pain sticks around. That's how it works. (I swear to whatever is up there that if Jay uses Auto Tune I'll hop out my window)(Actually I had one foot out the window when I heard the Put On remix but he teased us)(I would have to put 'no homo' after 'teased us' but imma pretend its 2003 and let it go.)(And who the fu*k invented the word parenthesis?)

And why don't these successful a.ss rappers and producers bring Hip-Hop back into this themselves. Why doesn't Mos Def hook up with Timbo for an album just for kicks- honestly, Timbo has a thousand songs laying around and Mos Def has a thousand bars- record 12 songs in 2 weeks and drop a mixtape/album, whatever, for FREE, or cheap. They already got bread- do it for the love. Do ya'll like Criss Angel? That dude is so wack. fu*k you if you like him.

The bottom line is, who's gonna do the HOW CAN YOU SLAP remix

Naw but forilly. Don't say Hip-Hop is dead. Say Hip-Hop fans are dead. We started the downfall. From accepting the music we're brainwashed with, to bootlegging every damn album in the world. Let's be real, at this point in time, it's an even plain here- artists, record labels, and fans are both at fault.

I don't know, just came in with all this in my head and let it spill. Just spittin out randomness. holla!

Last edited by ~FLAV~; 09-10-2008 at 10:56 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #394
DjInfamous804 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 62 62
As we all discuss in here the problems with hip hop right now....no matter how many threads we make....but real talk......for this one.....Which ONE .....damn it...ONE....is your answer to why the industry...and life of hip hop has taken a downfall ? As I said we can talk about all day...but if u could really voice your opinion so that it could be heard seriously...whose fault is it.......?

Personally...I'm a dj...and my answer is directed straight at record labels...because they are signing artists as if their is a shortage to represent their label.U got artists thats been in the game for a while and gotta take back seats to rookies when they aren't hot.....then you got music thats sittin on shelves in the company that hasn't seen sunlight for rotation...reason why radio stations suck.......but that comes to what ever market u live in...
 09-25-2008, 01:40 AM         #395
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with you and im glad you made a thread like this.

and i gotta go with the CEO's, them boys in the suits, they sign these artists that be making this bullsh*t, without that you wouldn't have to worry about the radio playing them or watching them on television, thats when the people come in and start getting brainwashed by that bullsh*t.

Record labels need to stop putting out that bullsh*t, its fu*ked up that i gotta make a club record or some watered down sh*t just for me to get a song on the radio, and it hurts, but if thats what it takes i gotta do what i gotta do.
SMH, last thing im tryna do is put out some bullsh*t like "marco polo" "crank dat" "lean wit rock wit it" "laffy taffy" "Wipe Me Down" or "Ay Bay Bay"

sh*ts crazy
 09-25-2008, 01:47 AM         #396
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if by downfall you mean record sales...than i'd say that's on the record labels refusal to roll with the changing of the guard in regards to how people are acquiring music these days...which is generally online...the internet is the equivilent of the hip hop streets in this day,and age....it's where everyone comes to talk in these individual communities (hip hop websites) download,and discuss music,and than take it outside of here,and provide the masses with it who aren't delving so deep....and that's why these companies that are starting to get into the digital thing will reep the benefits eventually...for having the foresight,and the balls to actually take a risk in trying to mold a new way to push off this product...

if you're talking about downfall musically...that falls squarely on the shoulders of the people....most everyone in america has a cpu,and access to the internet...in which case you have access to just about any type of music you want,and it is readily available if you just look...if you're not looking..that means you want people to spoon feed you..and thus you have no one to blame but yourself for feeling like a slave to the music....i have no problem with hip hop,or music in general,because i hear great music all the time...i don't subject myself to the same monotonous bullsh*t that plays on the radio (in fact i don't even listen to the radio..outside of interviews)....or on tv...fans of hip hop are no different than the people of this country who blame the govt for everything.....the power is with the people...always has been,always will be....it's just a matter of actually using the power you have...stop placing your faith in major corporations...they don't have your best interest in mind....it's all about the dollar...
 09-25-2008, 02:01 AM         #397
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ yeah but its alot of people that dont fu*k with internet acess or the internet as a whole, they couldn't tell you a hip-hop website if their life depended on it, plus theirs alot of people i know that constantly is listening to the radio or always driving all the damn time listening to the radio, so when some bullsh*t comes on it all falls on the record labels that sign these bullsh*t a.ss artists.

but you're right far as the people with the internet access, thats basically on the people to choose what's hot by going on youtube and sh*t and searching for these wack a.ss n*ggas.

for every one person that uses the internet its one that doesnt.

so in some cases it could be the record label's and in other cases it could be the people, it all depends on how you look at it from a "outside looking in" stand point
 9 years ago '04        #398
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
cant blame the ceo's for doing what the became ceo's for...makin money

its not their fault people have short attention spans & cant even follow along with lyrics to know what the hell they r even listening to

artists shouldnt follow suit either tho...they all wanna jump on the next thing sellin & try & take it & twist it a bit...that might partly be the labels fault tho i dont know

dj's r promoting the wack sh*t by continuously playing it...at a club i understand...radio?? ok sometimes, but damn gimme more then a 2 hour slot once a week for some real sh*t to listen to...

i never understood the video part tho....who the fu*k watches videos & dances in their living room???

it all boils down to 2 groups of people...the fans buyin the bulsh*t & the artists supplyin the bulsh*t....

BUT, artists r tryin to make a dollar these days, nobody really does it for the art of the sport...ceo's need to make a dollar anyway they can since sh*t gets bootlegged anyway...a&r's need to keep their jobs so they bring their bosses people that could sell (which happens to be this bulsh*t)

so im kinda leaning on sayin its the "fans" faults

but it could even go deeper...who's fault is it that we have so many fu*ked up kids that dont even know how to listen & pay attention???
 09-25-2008, 02:09 AM         #399
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
^ yeah but its alot of people that dont fu*k with internet acess or the internet as a whole, they couldn't tell you a hip-hop website if their life depended on it, plus theirs alot of people i know that constantly is listening to the radio or always driving all the damn time listening to the radio, so when some bullsh*t comes on it all falls on the record labels that sign these bullsh*t a.ss artists.

but you're right far as the people with the internet access, thats basically on the people to choose what's hot by going on youtube and sh*t and searching for these wack a.ss n*ggas.

for every one person that uses the internet its one that doesnt.

so in some cases it could be the record label's and in other cases it could be the people, it all depends on how you look at it from a "outside looking in" stand point

they don't even need to go on a hip hop website..they can just google,and find whole albums at their disposal....my overall point is if you want something different,and you're tired of the same thing..than LOOK...it's like if gas is to expensive in your neighborhood...what do you do complain all day,or do you go find a gas station in another neighborhood with cheaper gas?....nobody can make you do sh*t..especially with what you listen to as far as music...and being that the majority of people in this country are computer literate,and own a cpu (as told to us by statistics)...there is no excuse if you want to hear music that isn't spoon fed to you....and i'm not knocking people who listen to the radio...that's cool for when you're in the car if that's what you so choose to do...i'm just saying there are alternatives...it's merely a matter of asking questions...

which leads right back to my original points....because people can say "it's the record companies responsibility to market the product to me so that i'm interested"...and yes that is their job,but it doesn't mean they are going to market to you what you like...they are going to market to you what sells tons of records..which may,or may not be what you like...so when record companies keep pushing music that people don't like they say..oh well the music fell off...when in actuality it never did...it's just you're not taking the time to find some good music...which if people actually sat down more,and took a lil bit of time they'd see it's not that hard to find...and this is why i said there is a difference between the downfall of music sales wise..and musically....downfall of the music sales is merely powerful people who cornered the market long ago not progressing with the times....but musically...if you have a problem with music more than likely that's your fault..because the music is out there..

Last edited by HotepSuns; 09-25-2008 at 02:15 AM..
 09-25-2008, 02:14 AM         #400
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its the record labels im telling yall, the people only can listen and take what these labels put out.

if these labels never put out a lil boosie or plies or even soulja boy, half the world wouldn't have known who these negroes were.

everybody dont hop on the internet, everybody dont know about boxden.com, allhiphop.com, hiphopdx.com

i was like the only n*gga in my school that were up on these kind of sites.

people down here be in the club and listening to that radio 24/7, and believe it or not some of these mofo's still be watching BET, and MTV Jams.

and the world is fascinated by negativity anyway, these people dont want to hear nothing positive, people like this music about selling drugs, pimpin Ho's, busting guns, or what ever plies be talking about.

it starts at the beginning, DEF JAM's and Interscopes and so so def's and Atlantic and Jive etc

hotep if some of these artists were never signed, it wouldn't be so easy to find them on google.

if them same artists had a recording contract then hell yeah you could search for them.

i just cant put all the blame on the people, the record labels gotta be at fault somewhere lol i mean c'mon

Last edited by Motivated; 09-25-2008 at 02:17 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
53 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy