Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-21-2008, 01:58 PM         #361
hiphopismyjob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hiphop isnt dead you just got to look harder for real music like skillz just dropped a hot cd theres new mc's thats nice like
reks,skyzoo,termanology,cassidy,young chris, coleone, on point,ransom,st.laz i can keep goin theres alot of good stuff out there real talk stop listening to the radio and go by your own views
 07-22-2008, 03:45 AM         #362
onq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn Teletubbie babies and barney generation kids ya'll k!lled hip hop! yeah I said it you wack bi*ches now go get silly!

Last edited by onq; 07-22-2008 at 03:52 AM..
 07-22-2008, 04:21 AM         #363
WEREWOLF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its because they teach how to spell on sesame street, barney is all "you love me, i love you" sh*t and dancin around ....just look at soulja boy
 07-22-2008, 04:29 AM         #364
onq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WEREWOLF said:
its because they teach how to spell on sesame street, barney is all "you love me, i love you" sh*t and dancin around ....just look at soulja boy
hell yeah but one good thing came out of this! they can't blame hip hop for the k!llings because ain't nobody doing a drive by while listening to this sh*t! LOL
 9 years ago '04        #365
Wheezy1281 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,029 | Props total: 77 77
i guess dude was trying to make some kind of joke? and worse off, thought it was funny? and then also says they k!lled hip hop, then proceeds to say "get silly"

lame
 9 years ago '04        #366
..AMARU.. 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,131 | Props total: 737 737
Pick one.. its tough

Raggae
Voiceboxs ... T-pain type
Mr. Collipark
Focus on numbers
Youtube
Limewire
death of Pac/Big
Break up of Rocafella
Clothing Labels
Bling Bling
Mixtape Djs
Songs with a dance
Hip Hop Police
Overexposure . . Mtv reality shows
East Coast.. when they fell off
No limit/ Cash money era
Video Girls
Jimmy Iovine
A Focus on Hooks
Break up of Groups .. eg WU, Fugees
Ghost Writers
Ringtone Rappers
Too Many upcoming rappers
50 Cent and his beefs
Dipset
Fans not buying Records no more
Hip Hop never died

Last edited by Wasted; 07-24-2008 at 07:57 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #367
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,462 | Props total: 4406 4406
Damn... you got some real good reasons as to why Hip-Hop died. I think it's a combination of all these things..
 9 years ago '07        #368
neeko21 
space
space
$2,122 | Props total: 846 846
hip hop was never dead cuz all those things on the poll existed 15 years ago, (except limewire) if anything its those saying hip hop was dead from the start like when someone keeps saying something and then ppl start believing it,

you n*ggaz are jus brainwashed
 9 years ago '04        #369
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,668 | Props total: 2197 2197
Jay-Z..its all that n*gga fault..it all started with the fade to black movie when he was sitting there mumbling..after n*ggas saw that EVERYBODY claimed to not write rhymes..you can tell too if you listen to they sh*t before..it sounds all unorganized like a n*gga who dont write..but they just ended up with bullsh*t content freestyling a.ss songs..then when he retired..he had a buncha loser a.ss n*ggas trying to fill his shoes (lil wayne ti ludacris fab etc)....

hip-hop died with j dilla

Last edited by jewelz1132; 07-24-2008 at 04:15 AM..
 07-24-2008, 04:24 AM         #370
THADON  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think damn near all of that sh*t k!lled hip hop except the last option
 9 years ago '04        #371
..AMARU.. 8 heat pts
space
space
Ill never forget when i heard Masta Ace wasnt making music no more cause he thought he wasnt get enough appreciation. This was down to 40 year old white executives, mixtape djs and fans not buying records. that was after a long hot summer in 04. thats when i thought hip hop was dead
 9 years ago '04        #372
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1904 1904
I see somebody's been listenin' to Joe Budden's - "Who" (trilogy)
 9 years ago '04        #373
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
WE k!lled hip-hop. The fans. Yet, we're the ones to point our fingers at D4L and Soulja Boy. If we didn't ACCEPT the bullsh*t music, it wouldn't be made. Just like how rappers say if they made videos that were educational and wholesome, BET and MTV wouldn't play them; if we weren't requesting these songs and videos and buying these albums, artists wouldn't be making them.

I don't blame any sh*tty artist one bit for putting out their sh*tty music. They got families. They got desires. They want money and they want the "American dream." They're actually smarter than "us." They're smart enough to exploit the system. They know that the stupider their music is (but the nicer the dance that goes along with it), the more money they'll make. They don't even have to sell albums. Their ringtones alone make them plenty of money.

I completely blame the "fans" of hip-hop for its current state. When we stop supporting ignorant music and dancing around like some fu*kin step-n-fetch-it's, the music will stop being made. That's my little rant. Have a nice day. :)
 9 years ago '07        #374
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
the music has changed basically, and us "hardcore" hip-hop fans don't know how to accept it....we don't appreciate what it has become, now-a-days its like a dance show, who can create the Best dance/ song

i mean we're used to hearing that eastcoast/ lyrical sh*t, NOT that snap ya fingers, walk it out and all that type sh*t

i guess we just have to accept it.

Last edited by Pos; 07-24-2008 at 08:25 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #375
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
 DTownPistonsFan said:
WE k!lled hip-hop. The fans. Yet, we're the ones to point our fingers at D4L and Soulja Boy. If we didn't ACCEPT the bullsh*t music, it wouldn't be made. Just like how rappers say if they made videos that were educational and wholesome, BET and MTV wouldn't play them; if we weren't requesting these songs and videos and buying these albums, artists wouldn't be making them.
Real talk
 07-24-2008, 08:35 AM         #376
N Nyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i would say def those gay a.ss songs with a stupid fu*king dance k!lled hip hop for sure...they are all one hit wonders but fu*kin k!ll the radio and get played about 500 times a day....like soulja boy, d4l and all those down south clowns....matter of fact THE SOUTH k!lled hip hop. if they just left it to t.i., luda and weezy it woulda been fine with me but NOOOOO all these dumb a.ss laffy taffy dudes k!lled hip hop.
 9 years ago '07        #377
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,729 | Props total: 1741 1741
Lol ur crazy for puttin on them reason.I can't just pick one so I will have to go with the following:

#1.East Coast.. when they fell off
Rap at its prime was the golden ages of Wu-Tang,Nas,and Mobb Deep was k!llin da game

#2.Focus on numbers
Rappers were gettin to into make wack a.ss club and girl songs.The Perfect example is "Mobb Deep-Hey Luv".When Mobb deep made luv songs for the ladies I was like WTF

Overexposure . . Mtv reality shows
This didnt just k!ll rap,it k!lled US mass media in general.

Props!!
 9 years ago '04        #378
..AMARU.. 8 heat pts
space
space
why did bx just ruin my poll?
 9 years ago '05        #379
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Look at how the east coast and west were in the 90's. Yeah their were beefs here and there, but most crews got along. Most would jump on a song or be in the studio while others were recording. Now jump to the early 00's when the South was getting big. What did you see? Unity. Crews working together and everybody all up in every bodies videos, just like the 90's.

People want to say its because wack music is being put out. There has been wack Hip Hop since the 80's. I think it all has to do with unity and people just being about themselves. For fu*k sakes people don't even work together in the studio anymore. They send tracks to the artist then the artist sends them back. You can't even blame beefs really, because there have also been rap beefs since the 80's. If you notice when the coasts are the most successful its because they're unified. Look at Miami, Texas, Atlanta, New York, Chicago and LA. They all had their phases and during those phases they were united as one coast. Just my opinion.
 9 years ago '08        #380
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,477 | Props total: 1269 1269
I think the mindframe that used to make music doesn't exist anymore.

In the golden age, Hip Hop had hit it's "Punk rock" phase in the sense that it had become angry, angsty, nihilistic, self-destructive, yet reflective.

And why wouldn't it have been? Generation X (born in the mid to late 60's, early to mid 70's) had been through the last leg of the civil rights movement, the black power movement, the recession, The Reagan Era, and finally the Crack/globalization/rebirth of inner city plight era.

People fail to realize just how much crack, the infiltration of drugs through 'Nam, the recession and outsourcing hurt the Black Community. I don't think any other generation had seen so much hope and potential, only to see it dashed away by the aforementioned events.

Basically, they were pissed off, hopeless, and became obsessed with obtaining the one thing they felt could change this (the $) but felt so alienated by the American Dream, they felt they could only obtain money and power by illicit means. It led to great music.

So what's different? I think the mindset that made and supported this music is dead. As previously mentioned, Generation X (especially minority gen X’ers) went through a period of highs then tragic lows that imo, no other generation went through.

That wide sense of hopelessness in the inner city was new to them. Which led them to comment on it through music and BE REAL ABOUT IT. But for Gen Y and Gen Z, that’s all they’ve ever known . That and the materialism imparted from Generation X. It also doesn’t help that critical thought and individual research as a whole has been on a downward slope (thanks to media saturation) AND to top it off, easy appeasement through value-less items (iPods, J’s, cell phones, cars, etc..). So of course the music is going to follow suit and focus on these subjects.

So here’s the bottom line: Music is always reflective of the mindstate of current youth culture. The problem with current Hip Hop is that while it is descended from the same topics of yesteryear, the mindstate behind the music is completely different. The current generation is copying the hedonism and materialism of the previous generation , and that’s it. There’s never much (or any) thought outside of these subjects OR as to how we got down this road of thinking.
Home      

most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
169 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
203 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
229 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
263 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy