Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
130 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #321
L33TSauce 
space
space
$164 | Props total: 7 7
Hip Hop has been dead, commercially speaking that is.
 9 years ago '05        #322
JesusShuttles 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,361 | Props total: 1064 1064
What is Hip-Hop?....that's the question you must ask...

All I see is artists make songs, to make money ------- thats the commercial sh*t.

On the other hand you got nice Underground cats thats always getting dissed or sh*tted on cuz they dont have out albums BUT they make good music...so ...idk
 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM         #323
Slugfest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Nas didn't release Hip Hop Is Dead we wouldn't be having this conversation...
 9 years ago '06        #324
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 731 731
omg no dis n*gga didn,now we gonna have a 30 page thread bout dis sh*t

if u wanted 2 kno if hiphop is dead go buy nas's new album untitled
 07-18-2008, 07:54 PM         #325
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hotsisal_23 said:
omg no dis n*gga didn,now we gonna have a 30 page thread bout dis sh*t

if u wanted 2 kno if hiphop is dead go buy nas's new album untitled
i rather here a politician with coherent comments about politics, than that bullsh*t of a gimmick that nas made....sorry
 9 years ago '05        #326
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,927 | Props total: 10789 10789
^^^You wasn't feeling that nas album????Well its fire! You might need to here it again.
 07-19-2008, 02:02 AM         #327
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas lost....
 9 years ago '07        #328
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,840 | Props total: 2521 2521
-dead
 9 years ago '05        #329
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1658 1658
 youngholla said:
i rather here a politician with coherent comments about politics, than that bullsh*t of a gimmick that nas made....sorry
Come on now..As much as I like Jay, you gotta give Nas props for making Untitled..That album was fire..
 07-19-2008, 02:49 AM         #330
Bob Sacamano  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
life support
 07-19-2008, 08:46 AM         #331
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Come on now..As much as I like Jay, you gotta give Nas props for making Untitled..That album was fire..
honestly i was a fan of until dude started talking recklessly in his recent interviews, which makes the album sound like a big a.ss gimmick....i rather a iww or god son Nas, not Nas the perplexed politician

Last edited by youngholla; 07-19-2008 at 08:55 AM..
 07-19-2008, 08:53 AM         #332
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sivraj said:
^^^You wasn't feeling that nas album????Well its fire! You might need to here it again.
i listened it, i mean you gotta check the ground before you step in bullsh*t, and think God i looked down before i slipped in it....to dumb it down, i dont fall for any gimmick like a lot of these gullible minded people

Last edited by youngholla; 07-19-2008 at 10:41 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #333
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
Hip-Hop is alive.....

Everyone complains about it being dead and NaS wasn't the first to say Hip-Hop was Dead....Common was on College Dropout...Nas just went with it...

but yeah Hip-Hop is alive....
 9 years ago '04        #334
MILLYMILL2000 
space
space
$714 | Props total: 3 3
Hip Hop died when a person was judged on album sales and beats. Hip Hop died when anyone could get a reord deal without honing there skills first. Hip Hop died when the shiny suit era invaded. Hip Hop died when Bob Johnson sold BET to Viacom. Hip Hop died when you have to actually explain who Kool Herc, Africa Bambaada, Cold Krush, Funky Four Plus 1 More, Reverend Run, Darrel McDaniels, Jason Mizzel, Kool G. Rap, Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone, Big Daddy Kane, and eveyone else from the golden era is. So it's not just Nas that was saying it, he just put it out there in the main stream. Serioulsy withouth the Juice Crew there is no Wu. Without Epmd there is no Mobb Deep.
 9 years ago '06        #335
jj01 
space
space
$44,942 | Props total: 4632 4632
^^^ 3 stacks said it about 10 years ago simba

i think thought provoking, substance filled, meaningful hip hop is dying. not that i would call what wayne or any of them f*gs with "lil" in their name hip hop. nas is def helping keep it alive, artists like him, budden, saigon, lupe, kast, face, and to an extent when he's not selling out, jay, are all good for hh.

wayne stans may argue that his sales are keeping hh alive, but really how telling are those numbers when he can basically say absolutely nothing and still sell 2mil? ppl are basically paying for a few good beats and an artists swag on a track, dude is thoroughly ripping folks off with that trash he puts out. really, is that what hip hop has become?
 9 years ago '04        #336
MILLYMILL2000 
space
space
$714 | Props total: 3 3
 youngholla said:
honestly i was a fan of until dude started talking recklessly in his recent interviews, which makes the album sound like a big a.ss gimmick....i rather a iww or god son Nas, not Nas the perplexed politician
I understand you feel it's a gimmick and I usualy agree with most of you post. But as a politically minded person myself I think with this album he is trying to open peoples eyes to some of the things that we as a people have been lied to. So if it's a gimmick and it will educate people who won't even open a book to research on thier own, I have no problem with it. You can get education in any way, so hopefully some of these younger people will google something he says and educate themself.
 07-19-2008, 11:19 AM         #337
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SC1 said:
Hip-Hop is alive.....

Everyone complains about it being dead and NaS wasn't the first to say Hip-Hop was Dead....Common was on College Dropout...Nas just went with it...

but yeah Hip-Hop is alive....
so are you implying that Nas is a follower
 07-19-2008, 11:27 AM         #338
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MILLYMILL2000 said:
I understand you feel it's a gimmick and I usualy agree with most of you post. But as a politically minded person myself I think with this album he is trying to open peoples eyes to some of the things that we as a people have been lied to. So if it's a gimmick and it will educate people who won't even open a book to research on thier own, I have no problem with it. You can get education in any way, so hopefully some of these younger people will google something he says and educate themself.
i respect that my n*gga, but i just think that Nas shouldve did a little more researching in politics so he would have more valid arguments in interviews, rather than confusing himself and the people who follow him... but no, i have no problem at all with the message he's trying to deliver
 9 years ago '05        #339
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
it aint dead i think its just evolving into something else......remember back in the days rappers weren't all that lyrical....it evolved... just about everybody's top 4 g.o.a.t.s. not in order....pac, nas, jay-z, biggie...you dont hear about Kool Herc, Africa Bambaada, Cold Krush, Funky Four Plus 1 More, Reverend Run, Darrel McDaniels, Jason Mizzel, Kool G. Rap, Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone, Big Daddy Kane....in anybody's top 4, 5, why is that???????????
 9 years ago '05        #340
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
another thing is yall people take music wayyyyyyyyyyyy to serious.........don't forget it's just music...aka entertainment
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy